Casa de la Musica Hostel Reviews

Vas utca 16., Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel!! Stayed around the very busy sziget time which meant the hostel was full. We had a lovely private double room with a private balcony (I would therefore highly recommend paying for the superior double) which was huge. Very thankful for the fan that was provided given the 36C heat. Has to be one of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in. Great location!

A really nice hostel and in a good location. Air conditioning would make it perfect it was just way too hot in the rooms and couldn't get any sleep at all.

We stayed in the hostel when Sziget was on so it was pretty quiet but it's a pretty cool hostel. The room we were in got really hot at night which wasn't great. It was clean enough and staff were helpful so you get what you pay for. Also the location is perfect as it's close to ruin bars and the metro is a 5 min walk away.

the staff were more than happy to help with anything. It was clean. This has a more laid back kind of atmosphere considering it is in party city Budapest :)

• 3rd Aug 2015

Really nice atmosphere and great staff.

It's clean and nice, we were in a room with other 6 people but we were lucky with our roomates! The staff is kind and you can ask them whatever you need! It's quite near the city center and you can visit the most important monuments by foot

Slightly further from party areas but still close enough, staff a little slow at work but it's fine. Loved the pool area and breakfast is decent if you're too lazy to go out.

The efficiency and aptitude of the staff was alarmingly poor, taking us the best part of an hour to check in, despite there being only 2 other groups before us who also had to check in. However, we found our stay pleasant.

Staff were not helpful and never available.

Nice hostel with all the colours, the bar, the swimming pool ! The location is also great. It could have been perfect if the staff (they were really nice) was more helpful, giving advices about what to do, where to go ... And the bar was nice but the atmosphere wasn't there (I don't know why) ? It could be a place where to meet people and have fun !

Nice hostel, friendly staff and perfect location. Just a problem with the room, as it was summer and I stayed in a room next to the roof was almost impossible to sleep and there was just one fan for the entire room.

the stay here was terrible. there was really nothing nice to say about this place. the reception was like an oven. the fridge has not been cleaned maybe in months. the room I had was so hot as it was like in an attic and the fan was so small and did not even move. the bed and the pillow were the most terrible things on the planet. I wonder how I stayed there...I am really a patient person but really, I would not recommend that you stay there.

Enjoyed our stay, however we were in desperate need of washing our clothes and the hostel did specify there was laundry facilities but they were not available to use at any point in our stay.

Very much a party hostel, which is fun for young people. Good location, easy to find. The receptionist girl was very friendly and helpful, and bathrooms and showers were clean.

A really nice hostel. The pool is especially good right now to cool down!

Excellent staff , great hostels it's an awesome building with heaps of outdoor space, I stayed in a nice 8 bed dorm for the first two nights then I moved to their large dorm upstairs and ! And the dorm is high up so very very hot .... So angry by this as I discovered the next day and it's really complicated things for me . Please don't stay in the large dorm

nice hostel to stay, especially if you're a practical person. itbwould be better if the 10people room consist of an air conditioner since it was really hot during the summer.

Stayed in June and had a wonderful time. The breakfast was delicious and only 3 euro every morning! The hostel was bustling full of people, but still calm enough to have a good time and get a good night sleep. Would highly recommend, and would definitely stay again!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Wales

We stayed in the 12 bed dorm. I twas clean and spacious. If you are looking for a good cheap hostel this is the one you are looking for !

Stayed here for a few days in a room for two. Pretty small yet clean room. Nice staff and good burgers ;). Toilets and showers were clean. The only real downside to our stay in Casa de La Musica were the noisy guests. More often than not groups of people were making noise/yelling 'till early in the morning. But then again, this is a hostel in a big and beatiful city that never sleeps. Would I visit Budapest again? Definitely! Casa de La Musica was just not my cup of tea, but to each his own.