Casa de la Musica Hostel

Fabulous 1180 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
21st Sep 2017
6.6

Hostel has great potential to be excellent however the staff were inconsistent and the bar open on random days.

• lyndseywaty458
  • Scotland, Couple, 25-30
18th Sep 2017

Fantastic hostel. We are travelling as a couple round Europe and decided to splash out on a private room for a few days, the room was lovely, very clean with its own wee balcony. Bed was comfortable, lockers were big enough to for all bags - bring your own locks if you are using them. Staff were very friendly, kitchen space was good. Location was perfect, close to loads of hotspots. Only down sides I would say are it can be a bit noisy during the night but nothing ear plugs won't fix.

8th Sep 2017
8.0

I was only there for a night but it was enough time to get upset about some things. The bathroom in my room was out of order, the lights in the bathroom are automatically turned off after a few minutes (there's a sign that says 15 min but it's much less), there were no outlets near my bed, because the staffmembers were changing shifts it took forever for me to get checked in, wifi did not work in my room. Plus, there was loud music going until after midnight.

5th Sep 2017

The hostel in itself is good but nothing special. The thing that makes it great is the downstairs bar which has really cheap beer and is a great place to meet other guests. The staff was really nice as well, and I would recommend staying there.

• Turkey, Male, 31-40
3rd Sep 2017

Very nice location, friendly staff and free coffee and tea all day (I have never seen such hospitality at any hostel. Hot coffee all day!) Everything was above the average hostels, except noisy backpackers at night. It is not the hostel's fault, of course.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
30th Aug 2017

Very helpful staff, good location, facilities , cleanliness and atmosphere in the hostel. We were a group of 11 and were put into a 16 bed dorm but we were lucky enough to not have anyone else join us in our room throughout our stay. The breakfast is good and fairly good value for money, and the bar is fun and relatively cheap in the evening. Very close to bars like szimpla and also close to transport for sightseeing during the day.

• England, Male, 25-30
28th Aug 2017

Nice place, very cool layout. Rooms are large with great bathrooms, huge lockers that you can use your own padlock for (or they provide some for a deposit). Breakfast was very nice with a large outdoor eating area.

27th Aug 2017
7.7

Like already said by other reviewers, there appear to be nearly a 100 other backpackers living in this massive hostel. It's close to the attractions and has a chaotic, fun vibe. But remember that the reception is on the 2nd floor and there's no elevator. I hope they invest in some more fans and extension boards (for plug points) in the dorms.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
22nd Aug 2017

Really freindly staff who let me leave my suitcase a week free of charge while I travelled elsewhere and came back to stay. Good kitchen facilities and close to see sights of Budapest. Be aware there's no elevator though if you have a heavy suitcase and not a backpackers backpack, you will have to carry it up a lot of stairs

18th Aug 2017
4.3

The hostel was hosting something in the main patio every night I was there, but it was a private event so we had to listen to the blasting music but we weren't able to join in on the festivities. There is also no air conditioning, so you have to leave the windows open (hence even more noise from the patio). The showers were manageable, but not the cleanest I've seen. There is also a lack of security since the lock to the upstairs hallway was broken and the door to my hostel room was always open.

×