Casa del Agua Reviews

Avenue Guzman, Granada, Nicaragua

Gerry was so helpful. I was incredibly glad to have this as our first landing spot in Nicaragua. It's beautiful and centrally located and, as not the strongest spanish speaker, it was nice to be able to clearly communicate. All his recommendations were excellent. I feel so lucky to have stayed here. It was simple but beautiful and he really made us feel at home.

• 13th Aug 2014

My friend and I stayed here for one night and wish we had stayed for longer. Gerry was super friendly, helpful and informative. Our room was beautiful, huge shower and very comfy and clean. Not only was there wifi, free tea and coffee in the morning and relaxing, we got to swim in the amazing pool at night, enjoying the stars and drinking a cold beer. I recommend this place to anyone... plus great location!

• 8th Aug 2014

A lovely hotel well located just off the central park. Nice kitchen area, free tea and coffee and water refills. The pool was great to cool off. Room was spacious and clean. Gerry is super friendly and will help you with any aspect of your trip. We would definitely stay here again if returning to Granada.

A amazing place for the price - perfect location, great communal 'lounge' and kitchen, free coffee and drinking water, friendly staff and even a pool. Rooms are clean, and nicely decorated with quiet fans (if you don't want to pay for the ac). This place made my few days in Granada really easy and enjoyable.

Gerry at Casa del agua is great! He provided excellent suggestions and made us feel at home. The hostel is exceptionally clean, well kept with repairs and centrally located. We will definitely be back on our next visit to Granada.

• 19th Jun 2014

I arrived a Casa del Agua after 22 days of traveling throughout the country of Nicaragua. It was by far the nicest place I stayed both physically and in terms of "atmosphere." I highly recommend it!

• 9th Jun 2014

I got nothing but the best to say about this facility; the owner Jerry & his staff go above & beyond to make you feel like home. Excellent location walking distance from the Cathedral & La Calzada, clean & awesome staff. If I do return Casa del Agua will be my number one choice when in Granada.

This hostel is AMAZING! STAY HERE! Jerry was super friendly, all the other people staying at the house were great, the location can not be beat!

We loved this place. if you are looking for clean, comfortable, quiet AND a swimming pool then look no further. Gerry (owner) is great and will help with travel info and suggestions on where to go and what to eat. The lake day out was amazing and the restaurant where he eats most night was delicious.

The owner Gerry is a very helpful and attentive gentleman. He truly understands what being hospitable is about and is more than willing to answer any questions you may have. The place is very nice. The pictures are accurate- also enjoyed the free bikes that he lends to the people staying at Casa Del Agua.

One of the best place i've ever been! I wish i can found this kind of hostel everywhere i go.

This little hotel is just lovely. Perfect location close to Calzada and all attractions, nice little swimming pool to cool off, great showers, super clean, comfy bed, but the best part was the owner, Gerry. He is an excellent host, super friendly and welcoming and full of helpful info on the city and recommendations. We went back twice during one vacation. Highly recommend.

• 9th Apr 2014

Casa del Agua is a great spot, convenient location right near the square. Gerry is a nice and accommodating host. The room we had on the first floor had AC and 2 fans, we didnt even need the AC it was cool enough at night. The shower was great and pool was nice to cool off. Overall a nice stay.

It's like staying at an inexpensive resort that is quietly tucked away in beautiful Granada. Stay here if it's not booked. You will not regret it I promise. Its as beautiful as the pictures look.

Just beautiful! Gerry is incredibly welcoming and can provide great information on the area. The rooms are big and comfortable, as backpackers it was like staying in a hotel for us. Lots of nice extras like free water, coffee & bikes. Would recommend anyone to stay here.

Very nice place! Perfect location and the owner is also very helpful! We really enjoyed our stay here.

This hostel is great - location, the pool, the coffee, good shower, Gerry is super nice. Loved everything about it.

Great place to stay, the owner Gerry has got it al sorted. Location excellent, quiet at night, with everything you need. Don't expect a party!! Go to the pub for that.

From what I saw, Casa del Agua is the best place to stay in Granada. Our room with a double bed was nice and big, and definitely felt like a good value for the money. The pool in the inner courtyard is such a luxury, as are the beers in the fridge (you don't pay any more than on La Calzada). Though we didn't make use of the kitchen, it is a really nice feature. Gerry is extremely laid-back, helpful, an friendly. We felt very comfortable and well-looked after during our stay.

• 24th Feb 2014