Casa del Pueblo Reviews

San Martin 661, Esquel, Argentina

A really nice hostel right in the middle of Esquel. There are lockers to keep all your belongings safe and the gate is manned in the evenings. The staff are friendly and always around to help. The kitchen is lovely and big and really social in the evenings. There are free walks offered with Claude which are informative about the area.

Good value near the city center with informative staff. The breakfast is tasty and I love that it starts at 7am. It should be noted that there is a dog here!!! He has free range of reception and the front courtyard. If you are allergic or dislike dogs this is not the hostel for you. At least one of the lady shower drains is clogged so that it overflows and floods the bathroom. Also one of the lady sinks upstairs smells FOUL. Besides that and the dog the hostel and people are wonderful.

A competent and thoughtful place. We are grateful for our time here.

Very good hostel, staff friendly and helpful, excellent situation in the center (a little bit far of the terminal)

This place is great! The staff is super awesome. I came to Esquel to climb at Piedra Parada, and Claude was super helpful with helping me figure out how to get there. He also climbs and is from France so we had a good time talking about it all. Rodrigo is also super cool and friendly. The staff is willing to help you with anything you need and are totally fun people. The facilities are great and location is good. I'd definitely stay here again. Gracias para todos amigos!

We loved the staff, including Tron, and the fact that Rodrigez spoke English. Thank you, Rodrigez for all your help. Jennifer and Ib

I felt just like home with a friendly staff and a garden to relax... loads of cherries in season :)

Very friendly and helpful people running this place. Big kitchen / dining area to socialise. 2 hammocks! Quiet location just to the edge of the centre. But watch the oven temp - I did a King Alfred!

While nothing was decidedly bad about this hostel, it's one I would easily forget. The staff were pleasant however none during our stay spoke English, which is NOT a complaint rather a note to any non Spanish speakers. The kitchen facilities were very good and in general the hostel was in a good state. If you need a night or two rest, then this is a good choice.