Casa del Rio Reviews

Derb Yakhlef Sidi Ahmed El Ouafi Sebbanine, 91000, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Me and my friend had a very pleasant stay in this place! Nice environment and facilities, central location, small but clean and confortable room and the staff was very friendly and helpful, supporting us with all of our requests. There is a cool rofftop to enjoy the city view and also facilitates the exchange with other guests. Excellent experience, I would definitelly recommend this place :)

The atmosphere created by Mohammed and the staff at Casa del Rio is very special and one of the best of any hostel I've stayed in. The roof terrace is fantastic with great views over the town and mountains, with the constant burble of the nearby river in the background. Very relaxing! The rooms are lovely and the breakfast very tasty. I didn't want to leave the hostel or Chef but had to eventually! Highly recommended.

Mohamed is great ! Hostel is really nice !

Great staff, welcome mint tea and treats on arrival and they drove us to the train station at the end of our stay. They have a nice rooftop terrace with a great view. Definitely a good value for the money.

The owner Mohammed was very gracious.The hostel set beside the waterfall was a true plus.

• 4th May 2015

very nice, simple hostel, with very nice staff! clean and confortable.

We had an excellent stay at this hostel. The staff are lovely and there for anything you need, the rooms are beautiful and clean and there is a great roof top terrace from which you can enjoy the sunshine and great views. Highly recommend staying here.

Me and my two friends Chaz and Ed spent the most amazing week and Casa del Rio. Chefchaouen is really a beautiful place and this hostel made it even better. Mohamed, the owner, is such a great guy. He is extremely kind and helpful and also just a chilled guy to talk with up on the lovely roof terrace. I can't praise this place highly enough, especially the delicious breakfast and all those mint teas. All in all, a place with really good vibes and we hope to return again next year.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I tell no lie, this was the BEST HOSTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT in my entire life, seriously can't even put it into words, the young gentleman who runs the place is amazing, very inspirational. We spoke with him about his work and he says "I don't feel like I'm working when I love what I do so much". He truly went above and beyond to help every person feel at home, even if they we not staying at the hostel. EXCELLENT! LIFE CHANGING!

• 13th Apr 2015

The staff took care of us like family. Beautiful view from the terrace, fantastic breakfast and very close to the medina. Complete steal for how much we paid. Strongly recommended!

• 9th Apr 2015

Low standard hostel, similar to all those in Morocco. Room was small but good lounge. However people congregate in this lounge til early hours of the morning-very very loud. If you want any kind of sleep then don't stay here. Staff are quite vacant and not particularly helpful

The only thing that you asked and we did not satisfy you is when you were insisting that you want a free transfer to the bus station but we offer a free one just when you arrive from the bus station to the hostel ( that you had for free when you arrive ! ) and for the group of the loud guests, we asked them to change the place and be more quiet at 23h10, and talked to them 3 times after ! we try to impose some respect between you guests each other but then it s up to you to respect each other !

Great Hostel with a great staff ! The hostel is located very central , close the river and just 5 min to the "Medina" . The atmosphere in the hostel is excellent. You don't feel like being in a hostel but visiting a friend. The staff is very helpful and nice . In the evening you meet on the terrace to enjoy the beautiful view , talk and listen to the great voice of Hassan and his guitar. I can just recommend this hostel for everyone who want to spend a great time in Chefchaouen

• 7th Apr 2015

Great place to stay in Chefchaouen and very good value for money! The staff is very friendly and gave us amazing recommendations (for e.g. restaurants). One of the guys even took us to the bus station with his car at the end of our stay for free! The rooms are very nice, you can get a spectacular view from the rooftop terrace and the breakfast is great and huge! The only small downside was that we once had to wait until 10am to get our breakfast. I would def recommend it!

A super location, easy to find (as it's not in the medina), but easy to get to the medina from (as it's right beside it). Great staff that go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and fun and that help you with whatever you might need (onward bus tickets, trips to waterfalls, good local wine). I have to admit, Chefchaouen and Casa del Rio were difficult to leave.

I highly recommend this hostel. The staff were really nice and extremely helpful and generous. They gave us good advice on places to go and even took us on a trip to a waterfall. We were also treated to home cooked Moroccan food made by various family members. The hostel is situated next to a river and from the roof terrace you have an incredible view of the mountains and town. It was lovely to eat breakfast up there and relax during the evenings. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

• 28th Mar 2015

It's a nice place, when you wake up you can hear the sound of natural. And those staffs are amazing, buy tickets for us and drives us to the bus station , I will never forget. Thank you

we had an excellent staying in this lovely hostel, the staff are super nice and helpful, that kind of people that you'll like to make friend with. They offered us all kind of help, like arranging the transport to bus station, buying the bus ticket for us. the room is clean and the toilet also. Would definitely stay here when i back to chefchauoen.

We ended up staying for three nights instead of one because we instantly felt very welcomed. The staff could´t have been more helpful, friendly and really went out of their way for us. Casa del Rio is a very nice house, with nice rooms, clean bathrooms and an amazing terrace, located 5 minutes walking distance from the medina. Thanks for making our stay in the "smurf city" so nice :)

• 13th Mar 2015

This place is amongst my favourite accommodations in Morocco. The staff are incredibly helpful, and the rooms were just amazing. It's a quiet hostel, but still manages to maintain a good atmosphere. The view from the terrace (where I was initially served mint tea) is breathtaking. I can't recommend this place enough!

My partner and I absolutely loved our stay. Very friendly and helpful staff who went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. Would love to go back!

• 23rd Feb 2015