Casa del Rio Reviews

Derb Yakhlef Sidi Ahmed El Ouafi Sebbanine, 91000, Chefchaouen, Morocco

The hostel is beautiful, has an amazing view and the staff is very helpful and accomodating. We made the reservation submitting the date wrong but Mohamed was kind enough to receive us. The room we had booked was full so they gave us the suite for the same price. We are very thankful for our stay in casa del rio!

Overall we were really happy at this hostel. Friendly staff and the location and hostel itself is very clean and comfortable. Dinner and breakfast were for a small cost and were delicious. Beautiful rooftop it's amazing views. We took a cab from the train station which they reimbursed us for which was really nice. Two small downsides: I'm allergic to cats and there are 3 there. Rooster crows starting at 4am. Could not sleep.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Lovely hostel in a good location. The breakfast on the roof was worth the minuscule price!

We were welcomed with a delicious cup of tea on the terrace, staff were friendly and helpful, location was amazing, and our room was beautiful! We were woken up by the sound of the river and the roosters - it was beautiful!

Mohammed-Ali and Nourman were amazing hosts! Always up for a guitar jam and very hospitable providing tea. I was struck with food sickness so had to extend my stay but everyone at the riad were very caring and did everything they could to make it a better stay. Amazing rooftop terrace and very clean. Our new home in Chefchouan and we look forward to returning soon!

We loved staying at Casa del Rio. It was such a beautiful and clean hostel that we felt like we were in an expensive hotel. The rooms are stunning and clean, the terrace is one of the best we saw in all of Morocco. The staff was absolutely amazing, they were very helpful and friendly. We had such a great time that we really regretted not staying longer!

This hostel was super friendly, relaxed and the rooms were comfortable. The staff were amazing and even organised a birthday cake and presents for one of us! Definitely stay here if you're in chaouen!

Me and my friend had a very pleasant stay in this place! Nice environment and facilities, central location, small but clean and confortable room and the staff was very friendly and helpful, supporting us with all of our requests. There is a cool rofftop to enjoy the city view and also facilitates the exchange with other guests. Excellent experience, I would definitelly recommend this place :)

The atmosphere created by Mohammed and the staff at Casa del Rio is very special and one of the best of any hostel I've stayed in. The roof terrace is fantastic with great views over the town and mountains, with the constant burble of the nearby river in the background. Very relaxing! The rooms are lovely and the breakfast very tasty. I didn't want to leave the hostel or Chef but had to eventually! Highly recommended.

Mohamed is great ! Hostel is really nice !

Great staff, welcome mint tea and treats on arrival and they drove us to the train station at the end of our stay. They have a nice rooftop terrace with a great view. Definitely a good value for the money.

The owner Mohammed was very gracious.The hostel set beside the waterfall was a true plus.

• 4th May 2015

very nice, simple hostel, with very nice staff! clean and confortable.

We had an excellent stay at this hostel. The staff are lovely and there for anything you need, the rooms are beautiful and clean and there is a great roof top terrace from which you can enjoy the sunshine and great views. Highly recommend staying here.

Me and my two friends Chaz and Ed spent the most amazing week and Casa del Rio. Chefchaouen is really a beautiful place and this hostel made it even better. Mohamed, the owner, is such a great guy. He is extremely kind and helpful and also just a chilled guy to talk with up on the lovely roof terrace. I can't praise this place highly enough, especially the delicious breakfast and all those mint teas. All in all, a place with really good vibes and we hope to return again next year.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I tell no lie, this was the BEST HOSTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT in my entire life, seriously can't even put it into words, the young gentleman who runs the place is amazing, very inspirational. We spoke with him about his work and he says "I don't feel like I'm working when I love what I do so much". He truly went above and beyond to help every person feel at home, even if they we not staying at the hostel. EXCELLENT! LIFE CHANGING!

• 13th Apr 2015

The staff took care of us like family. Beautiful view from the terrace, fantastic breakfast and very close to the medina. Complete steal for how much we paid. Strongly recommended!

• 9th Apr 2015

Low standard hostel, similar to all those in Morocco. Room was small but good lounge. However people congregate in this lounge til early hours of the morning-very very loud. If you want any kind of sleep then don't stay here. Staff are quite vacant and not particularly helpful

The only thing that you asked and we did not satisfy you is when you were insisting that you want a free transfer to the bus station but we offer a free one just when you arrive from the bus station to the hostel ( that you had for free when you arrive ! ) and for the group of the loud guests, we asked them to change the place and be more quiet at 23h10, and talked to them 3 times after ! we try to impose some respect between you guests each other but then it s up to you to respect each other !

Great Hostel with a great staff ! The hostel is located very central , close the river and just 5 min to the "Medina" . The atmosphere in the hostel is excellent. You don't feel like being in a hostel but visiting a friend. The staff is very helpful and nice . In the evening you meet on the terrace to enjoy the beautiful view , talk and listen to the great voice of Hassan and his guitar. I can just recommend this hostel for everyone who want to spend a great time in Chefchaouen

• 7th Apr 2015

Great place to stay in Chefchaouen and very good value for money! The staff is very friendly and gave us amazing recommendations (for e.g. restaurants). One of the guys even took us to the bus station with his car at the end of our stay for free! The rooms are very nice, you can get a spectacular view from the rooftop terrace and the breakfast is great and huge! The only small downside was that we once had to wait until 10am to get our breakfast. I would def recommend it!

View all Chefchaouen Bed and Breakfasts