Casa del Rio Reviews

Derb Yakhlef Sidi Ahmed El Ouafi Sebbanine, 91000, Chefchaouen, Morocco

I tell no lie, this was the BEST HOSTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT in my entire life, seriously can't even put it into words, the young gentleman who runs the place is amazing, very inspirational. We spoke with him about his work and he says "I don't feel like I'm working when I love what I do so much". He truly went above and beyond to help every person feel at home, even if they we not staying at the hostel. EXCELLENT! LIFE CHANGING!

• 13th Apr 2015

The staff took care of us like family. Beautiful view from the terrace, fantastic breakfast and very close to the medina. Complete steal for how much we paid. Strongly recommended!

• 9th Apr 2015

Low standard hostel, similar to all those in Morocco. Room was small but good lounge. However people congregate in this lounge til early hours of the morning-very very loud. If you want any kind of sleep then don't stay here. Staff are quite vacant and not particularly helpful

The only thing that you asked and we did not satisfy you is when you were insisting that you want a free transfer to the bus station but we offer a free one just when you arrive from the bus station to the hostel ( that you had for free when you arrive ! ) and for the group of the loud guests, we asked them to change the place and be more quiet at 23h10, and talked to them 3 times after ! we try to impose some respect between you guests each other but then it s up to you to respect each other !

Great Hostel with a great staff ! The hostel is located very central , close the river and just 5 min to the "Medina" . The atmosphere in the hostel is excellent. You don't feel like being in a hostel but visiting a friend. The staff is very helpful and nice . In the evening you meet on the terrace to enjoy the beautiful view , talk and listen to the great voice of Hassan and his guitar. I can just recommend this hostel for everyone who want to spend a great time in Chefchaouen

• 7th Apr 2015

Great place to stay in Chefchaouen and very good value for money! The staff is very friendly and gave us amazing recommendations (for e.g. restaurants). One of the guys even took us to the bus station with his car at the end of our stay for free! The rooms are very nice, you can get a spectacular view from the rooftop terrace and the breakfast is great and huge! The only small downside was that we once had to wait until 10am to get our breakfast. I would def recommend it!

A super location, easy to find (as it's not in the medina), but easy to get to the medina from (as it's right beside it). Great staff that go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and fun and that help you with whatever you might need (onward bus tickets, trips to waterfalls, good local wine). I have to admit, Chefchaouen and Casa del Rio were difficult to leave.

I highly recommend this hostel. The staff were really nice and extremely helpful and generous. They gave us good advice on places to go and even took us on a trip to a waterfall. We were also treated to home cooked Moroccan food made by various family members. The hostel is situated next to a river and from the roof terrace you have an incredible view of the mountains and town. It was lovely to eat breakfast up there and relax during the evenings. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

• 28th Mar 2015

It's a nice place, when you wake up you can hear the sound of natural. And those staffs are amazing, buy tickets for us and drives us to the bus station , I will never forget. Thank you

we had an excellent staying in this lovely hostel, the staff are super nice and helpful, that kind of people that you'll like to make friend with. They offered us all kind of help, like arranging the transport to bus station, buying the bus ticket for us. the room is clean and the toilet also. Would definitely stay here when i back to chefchauoen.

We ended up staying for three nights instead of one because we instantly felt very welcomed. The staff could´t have been more helpful, friendly and really went out of their way for us. Casa del Rio is a very nice house, with nice rooms, clean bathrooms and an amazing terrace, located 5 minutes walking distance from the medina. Thanks for making our stay in the "smurf city" so nice :)

• 13th Mar 2015

This place is amongst my favourite accommodations in Morocco. The staff are incredibly helpful, and the rooms were just amazing. It's a quiet hostel, but still manages to maintain a good atmosphere. The view from the terrace (where I was initially served mint tea) is breathtaking. I can't recommend this place enough!

My partner and I absolutely loved our stay. Very friendly and helpful staff who went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. Would love to go back!

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Fantastic hostel with great value. Tehar at the hostel is extremely kind and warm, he gave us a better room without extra charge to put our group on the same floor. This is the best place and most surprisingly good accommodation choice of our whole trip.

Hostel is placed in Old Medina, very beautiful localisation. It has an amazing, warm atmosphere and you feel like at home there. The owner and staff (Noman!) are very helpful in every aspects (we asked for so many things and they always helped us with a smile on their faces) and you can always count on their advices. I will highly recommend this place to everyone who wants to enjoy time in Chefchaouen :)

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Poland

The installations are perfect! There is attention to every single detail, bathrooms, showers, rooms even the terrace are in perfect conditions and cleanliness. The main reason I would recommend to saty is the staff though, both Mohammed and Nouaman are the best ever. They greeted me by name before I had even checked in. Their priority is to make you feel just at home and when you travel so much, its good to feel like someone's got your back. I'd stay here again no doubt!

We really enjoyed our stay here: Great atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff, beautiful views, and in a very convenient location.

• 1st Feb 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here, the staff were great - very friendly and helpful.

Fantastic place, very beautiful. Comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Wish we could have stayed there longer!

Mohamed was very helpful in recommending places to eat at a god price . He also helped us arrange to get a grand taxi to Tangier whith was much appreciated. The only thing that could use some improvement is the cleanliness of the showers and bathrooms. However overall a very good experiance. Great value for money.

Lovely relaxed guesthouse with great location and atmosphere. We enjoyed our stay here very much, and will definitely be more than happy to stay here again on another occasion.

• 2nd Jan 2015