Casa del Rio Reviews

Derb Yakhlef Sidi Ahmed El Ouafi Sebbanine, 91000, Chefchaouen, Morocco

The roof-top is nice with a great view and the owner really takes care that you feel welcome. Nearby is a parking (20dh/24h) so if you are with a car/bike it is a good option.

Wow - how much did we love our stay at Casa el Rio? There's not enough space to write it all, but staying here is the best decision you can make. Can't say enough wonderful things about the hostel owner, Muhammed Ali. He was a generous host from start to finish: upon arrival offered us to join him and his father for Friday couscous (from his grandma!), and was supremely helpful. We ended up staying an extra day because of how much we loved it here! Be sure to visit Akchour and wander the medina.

Really friendly staff that helped us out a lot. Has a cool rooftop terrace which you get a good sunset from. 5 minute walk to main spot in the medina. Clean and cool decor

We really loved our stay there, the room was great really comfortable and quiet, wifi worked, shower was really nice. Roof tool terrace had an amazing view of the city, we would definitely recommend to stay here. Big thank you to Mohammad for making the stay so enjoyable

We were so completely thrilled with our stay at casa del rio!! We all felt as if we were staying at a fancy hotel rather than a hostel. The setting, atmosphere and amenities were amazing. Our host Muhamed was incredibly warm and inviting and knowledgeable. He chaperoned us to 2 incredible meals in the city and helped us get to our bus. I would reccommend this hostel with flying colors!!

• 7th Oct 2014

By far my favourite place during my stay in Morocco. The place is very clean and the staff are amazing. Mohamed Ali is the best host and will go out of his way to do anything including organising bus tickets etc.. Jamal at the frony desk is also extremely helpful and very friendly. It has the best roof terrace in town! Would recommend this place to anyone! 10/10

Casa del Rio is at the corner of the medina. My girlfriend got sick after we arrived and had to stay in the room for days. The staff took realy good care of us,brought us tea, food, helped with getting medication. There is no real hostel atmosphere, we were almost alone for 1 or 2 nights, but we can really recommend it.

Casa del Rio was in a very good location with excellent views from the terrace. The only negative thing was that the extra beds in our rooms were hard as rocks.

A lovely, clean place to stay in a good location. The staff are incredibly friendly; however, do be warned that they are often absent without notice. I don't like that they list this place as a b&b yet still charge 4 euro for breakfast... I think that is misleading. There's not much of an atmosphere at the hotel, but it was a welcome break from some of the busier hostels we stayed at in Morocco.

Casa del Rio was a wonderful place to relax after a big day exploring Chefchaouen. It was clean, welcoming, a good temperature, it had everything I wanted or needed. Mohammed Ali and Jamal offered fantastic service, with churos and Moroccan tea at any chance we had. Their service was impeccable, I would highly recommend anyone of any age to stay at Casa del Rio, you will be made very welcome.

I booked this because it said specifically that they would offer a pick up from the bus terminal. Tried to call 5 times the day before and after to ensure someone would be at the bus station to pick me up, as well as emailed with my details, to which neither was responded to. Had to find my way to the hostel which is the last thing you want to do after being on a hot bus for hours traveling through Morocco. Hot water lacked the first night, but seemed to appear the next day. Wifi was so so.

I did not receive the email because ther was no internet for 30 hours in Chefchaouen wich is not my fault, and for the phone i m sure it was a wrong number because it's always working and i always answer or recall if i find a call ! The guest, reserved a double room with shared bathroom of 25€ and at his arrival he wanted the suite wich cost 72€ and insisting for long time it s his room !

Casa Del Rio was an amazing stay. Mohammed Ali and Jamal could not be more welcoming, friendly and helpful hosts. They really made our stay in Chefchaouen an unreal experience - from all the tea's, the advice, directions and live music entertainment. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if we ever return. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

• 25th Aug 2014

My stay at Casa del Rio was fantastic. It's a newly renovated and very clean hostel with a nice view over the entire city and located only 3 minutes from the old medina. The host, Mohammed Ali, was extremely kind to us and more than once we were surprised with food and good drinks. If I ever come back to Chefchaouen I would definitely stay there again!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Excellent facilities but the atmosphere was really something else on another level. Casa del Rio was one of the best hostels I've been to on my recent trip for 2.5 months and it was definitely the best hostel/riad we stayed at in Morocco. Beautiful beautiful view of the medina from the rooftop/lounge space and the mountains with the nightly light show (that was super unexpected) along with playing guitar with Mohammid Ali (the owner) was something I won't forget for a while. Thanks CasadelRio!

• 14th Aug 2014

This is the best place to stay in Chefchaouen. Mohammed-Ali (aka the Owner/Manager) is a superb host, incredibly relaxed and accommodating. Casa Del Rio is very centrally located in the medina with an easy 5 min walk to the main square and kasbah. Very recommended!!

Definitely my faveourite place to stay in Morocco. Casa del Rio has the lovliest owner, Mohamed, who is helpful and a pleasure to talk to. The hotel is beautiful, quiet and just the perfect place to stay at in Chefchaouen. The terrace overlooks the mountains and the river, the atmosphere is simply magical at night. The rooms are clean, luminous and cosy. The wifi connection is great too. I couldn't have been more happy here and was truly sad to leave. Hoping to come back soon!

View all Chefchaouen Bed and Breakfasts