Fabulous 130 Total Reviews
Fabulous 130 Total Reviews
Casa del Ritmo Located at Calle 18, 2 - 59, Rodadero, Santa Marta.
Colombia
Santa Marta Magdalena 001005 Calle 18, 2 - 59, Rodadero
80% 130
11.1957786 -74.2269372
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
13th Jul 2016
6.9

There was no air con just a personal fan that whirled around the hot air in the room was torturous in such hot climate! Also the room I was in (4 beds) opened onto the courtyard meaning lots of mosquitoes and lotssss of bites. Ambiance of the place was nice though and close to Rodadero beach and supermarket.

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
17th Jun 2016

A very beautiful hostel, the rooms themselves "normal" and clean. The fan I had in my room was quite noisy. The coffee they serve for free in the morning (tinto) is very good. The lockers are great in case you want to leave your baggage there when leaving for a shorter trip.

8th Jun 2016
8.0

Does everything it needs to. I can't have read the details properly on this one, as it is actually a distance from the Santa Marta centre, be sure to look at a map to understand this. It is also a vegetarian food only place, be aware of this if planning to cook. All this considered, it is a good place.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
25th Mar 2016
7.7

Nice and helpfull staff, pretty clean. Not the place to party, and we didn't really feel that it was a social hostel... And the hostel didn't organise much stuff

Thank you for your comment, we will use it to improve. Best regards.

25th Mar 2016

I love their vegetarian ideal. I'm not a vegetarian, but I can appreciate Eco-friendly hostels. Especially when they have pets, too! My stay was comfortable, but hot, even with my personal loud fan. The staff were super friendly and helpful. They don't have locks for the lockers and I had trouble finding a place to exercise. My biggest complaint is the lack of a ladder for the top bunk. The area near rodedero is pretty gross, but if you must go there, this hostel is a good choice.

Thank you for your comment and for staying with us! We're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. Best regards.

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
14th Mar 2016
4.9

This hostel just wasn't at all what we expected from the description. The pool is definitely not a pool. It's a dirty spa bath that's outside. When we arrived there wasn't anyone around and it was confusing trying to figure out who actually worked there. The area is bad. There's a beach but it's nothing special. Nothing really to do in the area as it's like a 20 minute drive to Santa Marta, plus it's basically in a residential area. It wasn't horrible, but I definitely would go back.

Thanks for staying with us. We will use your comments to improve our services.

• OnRouteForward
  • Sweden, Female, 31-40
28th Feb 2016
8.0

I got a very warm welcome when I arrived. This was a very laid back hostel no late parties. One of the nights there was some really nice live music. I stayed in the four bed dorm. Bed was ok and I liked the end uit bathroom. Each bed has a fan to cool you down at night. Free coffee in the morning n towel included, me like! Only had the nachos from the menus n was ok but not a wow factor, only COP 10000 though.

Thanks for your comment and for staying with us! Regards.

• Greece, All Male Group, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
11th Feb 2016

Amazing place! I will stay many more times for sure! Super chill and relaxed

Thank you !! We feel so happy to read this words because our goal is always be your chill and relaxed house in the Caribbean. Regards.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
10th Feb 2016
4.0

We asked a member of staff what was around and was told only about the nearby supermarket; as well as this there were no area maps available. The communal kitchen was shared with the hostel restaurant and so we often felt uncomfortable in there and was once asked to wait 40 minutes just to boil some eggs.

Thank you for your review. We're sorry about the answer from the member of our staff. That day was their first training day in Santa Marta as well. In fact we have 3 beaches in the surroundings and a lot of restaurants and bars nearby. As you noticed we're a small hostel so we are used to share all the social areas including the kitchen. We wish you joy and happy trips in the future.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
25th Jan 2016

My friend and I stayed here 4 nights before Tayrona and 4 nights after. We enjoyed open mic night and had a few meals which were all quite tasty. We loved how close this hostel was to a small local beach and wasn't in the middle of Santa Marta but still accessible to the city. It's also very close to a supermarket where you can buy food to save money and cook for yourself. The staff was super helpful and friendly and the dorm was comfortable. We would definitely stay again. Thank you!

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us!