Casa16ipanema Reviews

Barão da Torre 175 / House n. 16, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

In general the hostel is good enough, but I think some minor renovations is needes for example in the private room, the reception and the kitchen would be more than welcome.

• 13th Nov 2013

You are right about some renovation in your Double Room Ensuite.It is scheduled for end March 2014.For the reception and the kitchen I will send you a private e-mail to find out what you mean......Thank you,Stephane.

there was a problem in Ipanema of lack of water for all my stay and the common bathroom in our building was out of order. I think this place has a high potential of growth but it needs investments to renovate rooms, bathrooms and facilities. The staff was excellent!!!really funny and also efficient:) best regards, Claudia

• 25th Oct 2013

"All your stay" ... You stayed 1 night with us ! About lack of water , the all city of Rio was with no water during 2 days and it does happen once or twice a year.So I bought many 20 liters bottles of mineral water to help you have a short shower and flush toilets.I did my best ! Every year we do renovate rooms or commons areas and I agree there is always a lot to do and this is a nice challenge of decoration and colors that I like .........................Stephane.

oulalalalalal! a fuir! ils sont la pour faire du pognak! accueil bof! cafe da manha intolerable!

• 25th Oct 2013

C est dommage , tu as dormi 1 seule nuit comme prevu et j etais present lors de ton Check-out et tu semblais bien content.Petit déjeuner comment ? Non , ce n'est pas possible , tu n'as pas bien regardé le buffet et ce qu'il y a dans le frigidaire ! Faire du quoi ? Un minimum oui c est normal et tu as paye 50 réais pour une nuit en dortoir mixte de 6 lits ...........Désole , mais je ne reconnais ni la Casa6ipanema ni toi dans ce commentaire ...............Stéphane.

No problem. I recommend

• 11th Oct 2013

Nice place to stay. The staff was very helpfull. I lost my plane after leaving the hostel, and even knowing the hostel was full, they found me an extra place in a sofa and gave me a discount. I really needed a place to stay that day. Next time in Rio, I could definetly stay there again.

• 11th Oct 2013

Nice place, nice location, great staff. I'll do it again. Pura Vida! !

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Costa Rica

Ola a nuestros amigos de Costa Rica ! Hope to see you in a next future .......................Stephane.

We stayed there twice during our 3 week stay in Brazil. Excellent location with super helpful staff. Probably not the most sociable hostel but it depends what you're looking for. Can highly recommend the double room ensuite with its super king size bed!

Great location in Ipanema.Excellent all you can eat breakfast from 8to3,no need to wake up early, although you have to write your name on a list so you cant use it as a free lunch. Wifi is available but not always reliable, I suppose thats wifi hey.. The communal bathrooms and showers are not cleaned daily and we were quite cautious to touch anything in there. The Brazilian way of disposing of toiletpaper after use is quite uncommon for travellers and we suggest pedal bins WITH LIDS for hygiene

Thanks for staying with us, and especially for your comment. I am sorry to hear that the wifi wasn´t perfectly working when you were here. It normally function perfectly, so long as you stay in one place. As for the communal bathrooms, that are cleaned daily by the cleaning staff, but since they are being used by 8 different people, on that side of the building, they won´t stay spotless very long. Please accept our apologies if your stay was in anyway not perfect...................Jay.

My stay in Casa 6 Ipanema has been satisfactory. Exactly what I was expecting. There was goodwill of team in solving small setbacks and everything was well taken care of. If I need to come back to the site, no doubt.

• 4th Oct 2013

Excellent location, very good breakfast, good facilities and big rooms. Could have some soap in the bathrooms...and A/C.

The breakfast could be better :D

Ola a todos de Espanha ! Te quedaste 4 noches con nosotros en una cama bien grande de 2mx2m.El desayuno tiene queso,jamon,huevos organicos,yoghurts,pan,mantega de verdad,mermeladas,frutas frescas,jugo natural de naranja e claro cafe,cappucino,chocolate e cha ... e talvez me olvidei de una cosa ! E lo puedes desfrutar de las 8h00 hasta las 15h00 !..........................Stephane.

Great location, but not the best place to stay.

This is the second time that I stay at casa6. It's a lovely hostel, has a good breakfast and the location couldn't be better!!! I fell I'm at home there! I recommend!!!

• 14th Sep 2013

It was my second time there, the location is what makes this hostel awesome, we never had to took a bus or cab, we did all by walking, the ipanema beach is just 2 quarters away, and the night life of ipanema is just awesome. The place is cool, clean and we felt very safe there, can't wait to be back.

Ca fait chaud au coeur de voir 100% , nous travaillons tous pour cela. Thank you so much for the 100% and hope it will be 100% at your next stay. Obrigado pelo 100% , estamos entre o posto 9 e o posto 8..........................Stephane.

Very expensive for the area, 6 bed dorm is very small and hard to move around in when full. Management disorganized and unhelpful at times. However it is kept very clean, and is in a good location.

Hello everyone from Ireland.You had 4 nights booked with us and you decided to stay 4 more nights.I know you were crying for discount and you did not get the one you wanted,sorry.In the 6 beds dorm you were only one night full which is 6 people.I know you are in Ilha Grande now,please enjoy Brazil ..........................................Stephane.

Our home in Rio! A fantastic hostel that serves a generous breakfast (until 3pm!!) in a very homely kitchen. We stayed here on three occasions and were never disappointed. We stayed in both the private double rooms and in dorms, all of which were very comfortable. The staff literally could not be more friendly or helpful. The hostel offers many facilities (inc. wifi) for free that require additional expenditure in similarly-priced hostels within the same complex, e.g. The Lighthouse.

(private twin room with bunk beds). For a compact room, it felt very spacious - alot of space under bed was good for storing luggage. Staff friendly and helpful. Lots of useful info about what to do in Rio, airport shuttle services, facilities available in the area etc.. Only negatives were noise - sound carried easily, so conversations from kitchen and neighbouring room may as well have been in our room. Shower was on dribbly side making it hard to wash hair - showerhead needs replacing.

• 15th Aug 2013

Hello everyone from England and thank you for the nice review.I will see what I can do to improve this shower.Keep going,keep travelling!.........................Stephane.

I stayed there for a week, good place, excellent breakfast, staff really helpful.

Stayed one night, hostel was ok, just not great. Staff was ok, sometimes looking a little bugged..But nothing really to complain about. Had the top bed in a three bed bunk, for taller people the ceiling would be really close up there, so try to ask for a different bed. Friends were staying next door at Harmonia Hostel- there, the owner Chris was amazingly friendly and helpful with good tips and also the breakfast was better with fruits and cake...But staying at Casa6 is definitely not a mistake!

• 3rd Aug 2013

Wouldn't recommend this hostel. Try staying at Bonita, Che Lagarto, or Mango Tree. They're similarly priced, but much nicer. The only positive is the location. I didn't look for a place to stay until 2 days before I left for Rio. That was my fault. They were 1 of the few with space. I understand why. After my 2nd night, I went to look for other hostels. They were all much nicer, but were booked. No central communal area, and the short-haired man at reception was extremely unpleasant.

• 30th Jul 2013

There are some people writing bad reviews trying to help others hostels and it is what I felt reading yours.You had a 3 nights stay in a Single room and stayed 3 extras nights , Why ? ... Anyway , too bad you did not enjoy your stay , sorry ! .........................Stephane.

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts