Casa6ipanema Reviews

Barão da Torre 175 / House nº6, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We stayed for the World Cup so prices were greatly inflated. The dorm was very squished for 6 beds, a tiny room with no space for bags. The shower facilities there were good though, hot water and very clean. Breakfast was ok, the usual Brazilian brekky of ham, cheese and bread, with cake a some fruit. Then we moved to a private room with private bathroom, which was in an apartment in another building. The room was big and airy. But the shower was literally just a trickle of warm water.

Convenient location for this hostel, but like everything else in Rio, it was very expensive.

Very average for what we were paying. Stayed during the world cup for more than AUD$100 per night and we weren't impressed by anything other than the location. Breakfast was very basic, the toilet seat in our bathroom broke and wasn't replaced, just removed entirely. Despite not being a condition when we booked, the owner later contacted to request full payment, otherwise our booking would be cancelled. average hostel, but massively overpriced.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

You booked 4 nights in a dorm of 6 beds at 106 AUD per night.During your stay was the soccer game World Cup at the Maracana Uruguay x Colombia.During Carnival rates per night will be 135 AUD.For Carnival,New Year Eve,Olympics Games and all big events full advanced payment is due with no refund.When something breaks specially on Sundays we need some time to fix it ................................Stephane (Owner).

We had an extremely enjoyable time at the Casa6Ipanema, where we stayed for 3 weeks during the World Cup. The location could not be better- it is only a five minute walk to the beach and is in the safest area of Rio. In regard to safety, the hostel was secure and provided lockers to store any valuables meaning there was never any concern when leaving things behind. The staff were incredible and willingly gave any assistance that they could, whilst also ensuring the hostel remained very clean.

• 23rd Jun 2014

I've never experienced such an abussive place, I didn't stayed there given the fact that I had a reservation made 1 year in advance and a couple of months before arriving I was told that due to the World Cup, I was about to be charged 5 times more that value I reserved. REALLY DISAPPOINTING, I've never had that problem before in any country/city/hotel/hostel. NOT RECOMMENDED!!, abussive!!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Well,well ... You booked a Double Room Ensuite one year before arrival and you are right with regular rates outside Carnival,New Year Eve or World Soccer Cup! You did not call me or send an e-mail to pay in advance as it should be done for all those events and will still be for the Olympics Games in August 2016.5 months before arrival I told you about the right rates of the room that you did not want to pay.I sent you the 10% deposit that you paid with Paypal.I am very sorry for what did happen.

The Casa6ipanema has cancelled my confirmed reservation a few months before my trip after the Owner has decided my original price confirmation was not valid anymore because and during the FIFA Worldcup. The Owner has acknowledged his error, but still cancelled my reservation, which is certainly not legal. For that reason I do not recommend staying at the Casa6ipanema. Since I have not stayed there, I am not able to say anything about the security, location, etc.

You booked your stay in June 2013,and I asked you to pay for it in December 2013.After few e-mails and dead-line date to pay I did cancel your booking in January 2014.You had rates of 30 USD per night then after my cancellation you did contact me to pay ... then I did explain you that it was too late to honor the rates I had and it was now 114 USD per night.TO ALL NEXT TRAVELLERS KEEP IN MIND THAT ADVANCED PAYMENT IS ALWAYS DUE DURING BIG EVENTS LIKE CARNIVAL,New Year Eve,Olympics Games,etc ...

A nice hostel in a good location. Staff didn't have the best English and weren't the friendliest we've had on our trip. Kitchen is excellent and rooftop area is a nice touch. Not a bad place, but lacking atmosphere. Breakfast is good with fresh juice that you crush yourself and the standard breads/hams etc.

If you look at previous correspondence you will see that this hostel cancelled our booking as they said they were going to closed. I contacted you about getting our money back. You said you would contact the hostel but Heard nothing more.The friend in Brazil who had originally recommended it went round and had a go at them and eventually our money, (doubled!) came back by a circuitous route via a dormant PayPal account of my husband's. I had to contact PayPal to forward it to our bank account.

• 25th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I loved this hostel. Other reviews mentioned that it was hard to meet people as the common area was always empty, but we had no problem. I was concerned when I read that, as I was travelling during carnival, but my boyfriend and I were hanging out with at least half of the people staying there. We had such a great time for carnival and Ipanema is really the best location in Rio. My only complaint about Casa6 is that they don't have soap for the toilets. Get Soap please, its cheap. Thanks CASA6.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels