Casa6ipanema Reviews

Barão da Torre 175 / House nº6, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We stayed for the World Cup so prices were greatly inflated. The dorm was very squished for 6 beds, a tiny room with no space for bags. The shower facilities there were good though, hot water and very clean. Breakfast was ok, the usual Brazilian brekky of ham, cheese and bread, with cake a some fruit. Then we moved to a private room with private bathroom, which was in an apartment in another building. The room was big and airy. But the shower was literally just a trickle of warm water.

Well,well , I guess it is very hard to make everyone happy. You booked your stay one year in advance and your rate was a little more than double . Most of the guests booking after you had much higher rates ... Today we do not have anymore 6 beds dorms , we do have 2 Single rooms and 1 Triple (one double bed and one single). The house which is now Casa.16 at the same address will open again Tuesday 16th of December 2014.

Convenient location for this hostel, but like everything else in Rio, it was very expensive.

Right for the location,3 blocks from Ipanema Beach and 2 blocks from General Osorio Subway Station. Right for the rate during World Soccer Cup ! Now we are in Holidays and the house will open again in December 2014 with only 3 private rooms : 1 Triple and 2 Single . All the best to all of you ! ................ Stephane and Ninna (Owners).

Very average for what we were paying. Stayed during the world cup for more than AUD$100 per night and we weren't impressed by anything other than the location. Breakfast was very basic, the toilet seat in our bathroom broke and wasn't replaced, just removed entirely. Despite not being a condition when we booked, the owner later contacted to request full payment, otherwise our booking would be cancelled. average hostel, but massively overpriced.

You booked 4 nights in a dorm of 6 beds at 106 AUD per night.During your stay was the soccer game World Cup at the Maracana Uruguay x Colombia.During Carnival rates per night will be 135 AUD.For Carnival,New Year Eve,Olympics Games and all big events full advanced payment is due with no refund.When something breaks specially on Sundays we need some time to fix it ................................Stephane (Owner).

We had an extremely enjoyable time at the Casa6Ipanema, where we stayed for 3 weeks during the World Cup. The location could not be better- it is only a five minute walk to the beach and is in the safest area of Rio. In regard to safety, the hostel was secure and provided lockers to store any valuables meaning there was never any concern when leaving things behind. The staff were incredible and willingly gave any assistance that they could, whilst also ensuring the hostel remained very clean.

• 23rd Jun 2014

I've never experienced such an abussive place, I didn't stayed there given the fact that I had a reservation made 1 year in advance and a couple of months before arriving I was told that due to the World Cup, I was about to be charged 5 times more that value I reserved. REALLY DISAPPOINTING, I've never had that problem before in any country/city/hotel/hostel. NOT RECOMMENDED!!, abussive!!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Well,well ... You booked a Double Room Ensuite one year before arrival and you are right with regular rates outside Carnival,New Year Eve or World Soccer Cup! You did not call me or send an e-mail to pay in advance as it should be done for all those events and will still be for the Olympics Games in August 2016.5 months before arrival I told you about the right rates of the room that you did not want to pay.I sent you the 10% deposit that you paid with Paypal.I am very sorry for what did happen.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels