Casa6ipanema Reviews

Barão da Torre 175 / House nº6, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

No problem. I recommend

• 11th Oct 2013

Nice place to stay. The staff was very helpfull. I lost my plane after leaving the hostel, and even knowing the hostel was full, they found me an extra place in a sofa and gave me a discount. I really needed a place to stay that day. Next time in Rio, I could definetly stay there again.

• 11th Oct 2013

Nice place, nice location, great staff. I'll do it again. Pura Vida! !

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Costa Rica

Ola a nuestros amigos de Costa Rica ! Hope to see you in a next future .......................Stephane.

We stayed there twice during our 3 week stay in Brazil. Excellent location with super helpful staff. Probably not the most sociable hostel but it depends what you're looking for. Can highly recommend the double room ensuite with its super king size bed!

Great location in Ipanema.Excellent all you can eat breakfast from 8to3,no need to wake up early, although you have to write your name on a list so you cant use it as a free lunch. Wifi is available but not always reliable, I suppose thats wifi hey.. The communal bathrooms and showers are not cleaned daily and we were quite cautious to touch anything in there. The Brazilian way of disposing of toiletpaper after use is quite uncommon for travellers and we suggest pedal bins WITH LIDS for hygiene

Thanks for staying with us, and especially for your comment. I am sorry to hear that the wifi wasn´t perfectly working when you were here. It normally function perfectly, so long as you stay in one place. As for the communal bathrooms, that are cleaned daily by the cleaning staff, but since they are being used by 8 different people, on that side of the building, they won´t stay spotless very long. Please accept our apologies if your stay was in anyway not perfect...................Jay.

My stay in Casa 6 Ipanema has been satisfactory. Exactly what I was expecting. There was goodwill of team in solving small setbacks and everything was well taken care of. If I need to come back to the site, no doubt.

• 4th Oct 2013

Excellent location, very good breakfast, good facilities and big rooms. Could have some soap in the bathrooms...and A/C.

The breakfast could be better :D

Ola a todos de Espanha ! Te quedaste 4 noches con nosotros en una cama bien grande de 2mx2m.El desayuno tiene queso,jamon,huevos organicos,yoghurts,pan,mantega de verdad,mermeladas,frutas frescas,jugo natural de naranja e claro cafe,cappucino,chocolate e cha ... e talvez me olvidei de una cosa ! E lo puedes desfrutar de las 8h00 hasta las 15h00 !..........................Stephane.

Great location, but not the best place to stay.

This is the second time that I stay at casa6. It's a lovely hostel, has a good breakfast and the location couldn't be better!!! I fell I'm at home there! I recommend!!!

• 14th Sep 2013

It was my second time there, the location is what makes this hostel awesome, we never had to took a bus or cab, we did all by walking, the ipanema beach is just 2 quarters away, and the night life of ipanema is just awesome. The place is cool, clean and we felt very safe there, can't wait to be back.

• 13th Sep 2013

Ca fait chaud au coeur de voir 100% , nous travaillons tous pour cela. Thank you so much for the 100% and hope it will be 100% at your next stay. Obrigado pelo 100% , estamos entre o posto 9 e o posto 8..........................Stephane.

Very expensive for the area, 6 bed dorm is very small and hard to move around in when full. Management disorganized and unhelpful at times. However it is kept very clean, and is in a good location.

Hello everyone from Ireland.You had 4 nights booked with us and you decided to stay 4 more nights.I know you were crying for discount and you did not get the one you wanted,sorry.In the 6 beds dorm you were only one night full which is 6 people.I know you are in Ilha Grande now,please enjoy Brazil ..........................................Stephane.

Our home in Rio! A fantastic hostel that serves a generous breakfast (until 3pm!!) in a very homely kitchen. We stayed here on three occasions and were never disappointed. We stayed in both the private double rooms and in dorms, all of which were very comfortable. The staff literally could not be more friendly or helpful. The hostel offers many facilities (inc. wifi) for free that require additional expenditure in similarly-priced hostels within the same complex, e.g. The Lighthouse.

(private twin room with bunk beds). For a compact room, it felt very spacious - alot of space under bed was good for storing luggage. Staff friendly and helpful. Lots of useful info about what to do in Rio, airport shuttle services, facilities available in the area etc.. Only negatives were noise - sound carried easily, so conversations from kitchen and neighbouring room may as well have been in our room. Shower was on dribbly side making it hard to wash hair - showerhead needs replacing.

• 15th Aug 2013

Hello everyone from England and thank you for the nice review.I will see what I can do to improve this shower.Keep going,keep travelling!.........................Stephane.

I stayed there for a week, good place, excellent breakfast, staff really helpful.

Stayed one night, hostel was ok, just not great. Staff was ok, sometimes looking a little bugged..But nothing really to complain about. Had the top bed in a three bed bunk, for taller people the ceiling would be really close up there, so try to ask for a different bed. Friends were staying next door at Harmonia Hostel- there, the owner Chris was amazingly friendly and helpful with good tips and also the breakfast was better with fruits and cake...But staying at Casa6 is definitely not a mistake!

• 3rd Aug 2013

Wouldn't recommend this hostel. Try staying at Bonita, Che Lagarto, or Mango Tree. They're similarly priced, but much nicer. The only positive is the location. I didn't look for a place to stay until 2 days before I left for Rio. That was my fault. They were 1 of the few with space. I understand why. After my 2nd night, I went to look for other hostels. They were all much nicer, but were booked. No central communal area, and the short-haired man at reception was extremely unpleasant.

• 30th Jul 2013

There are some people writing bad reviews trying to help others hostels and it is what I felt reading yours.You had a 3 nights stay in a Single room and stayed 3 extras nights , Why ? ... Anyway , too bad you did not enjoy your stay , sorry ! .........................Stephane.

Great place, excellent location! I've been there twice and I'll be back again soon!

• 19th Jul 2013

My stay at Casa 6 was absolutely fantastic. The staff was very friendly and the location is great, being off the street in that pedestrian alley made the hostel feel very safe and secluded while still in the heart of Ipanema. This was as good as any hostel I've stayed in and those leaving bad reviews for it must have unrealistic expectations for what a hostel actually is.

• 13th Jul 2013

It is nice that you got this feeling in a 2 nights stay.... And I remember talking to you about the Burning Man event happening each year in Nevada Desert............................Stephane.

Nathalia, the new receptionist, is absolutely fantastic! So friendly and accomodating, and she shows that she really cares about the guests. I'd stay at Casa6 again just to see her again! A lovely experience overall.

• 5th Jul 2013

Thank you very much ! And you are so right , she cares about the guests ... Her exact name is Natasha ! Keep going , keep traveling , keep enjoying life ! ........................... Stephane (Owner).

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels