Casa6ipanema Reviews

Barão da Torre 175 / House nº6, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great location, but not the best place to stay.

This is the second time that I stay at casa6. It's a lovely hostel, has a good breakfast and the location couldn't be better!!! I fell I'm at home there! I recommend!!!

• 14th Sep 2013

It was my second time there, the location is what makes this hostel awesome, we never had to took a bus or cab, we did all by walking, the ipanema beach is just 2 quarters away, and the night life of ipanema is just awesome. The place is cool, clean and we felt very safe there, can't wait to be back.

• 13th Sep 2013

Ca fait chaud au coeur de voir 100% , nous travaillons tous pour cela. Thank you so much for the 100% and hope it will be 100% at your next stay. Obrigado pelo 100% , estamos entre o posto 9 e o posto 8..........................Stephane.

Very expensive for the area, 6 bed dorm is very small and hard to move around in when full. Management disorganized and unhelpful at times. However it is kept very clean, and is in a good location.

Hello everyone from Ireland.You had 4 nights booked with us and you decided to stay 4 more nights.I know you were crying for discount and you did not get the one you wanted,sorry.In the 6 beds dorm you were only one night full which is 6 people.I know you are in Ilha Grande now,please enjoy Brazil ..........................................Stephane.

Our home in Rio! A fantastic hostel that serves a generous breakfast (until 3pm!!) in a very homely kitchen. We stayed here on three occasions and were never disappointed. We stayed in both the private double rooms and in dorms, all of which were very comfortable. The staff literally could not be more friendly or helpful. The hostel offers many facilities (inc. wifi) for free that require additional expenditure in similarly-priced hostels within the same complex, e.g. The Lighthouse.

(private twin room with bunk beds). For a compact room, it felt very spacious - alot of space under bed was good for storing luggage. Staff friendly and helpful. Lots of useful info about what to do in Rio, airport shuttle services, facilities available in the area etc.. Only negatives were noise - sound carried easily, so conversations from kitchen and neighbouring room may as well have been in our room. Shower was on dribbly side making it hard to wash hair - showerhead needs replacing.

• 15th Aug 2013

Hello everyone from England and thank you for the nice review.I will see what I can do to improve this shower.Keep going,keep travelling!.........................Stephane.

I stayed there for a week, good place, excellent breakfast, staff really helpful.

Stayed one night, hostel was ok, just not great. Staff was ok, sometimes looking a little bugged..But nothing really to complain about. Had the top bed in a three bed bunk, for taller people the ceiling would be really close up there, so try to ask for a different bed. Friends were staying next door at Harmonia Hostel- there, the owner Chris was amazingly friendly and helpful with good tips and also the breakfast was better with fruits and cake...But staying at Casa6 is definitely not a mistake!

• 3rd Aug 2013

Wouldn't recommend this hostel. Try staying at Bonita, Che Lagarto, or Mango Tree. They're similarly priced, but much nicer. The only positive is the location. I didn't look for a place to stay until 2 days before I left for Rio. That was my fault. They were 1 of the few with space. I understand why. After my 2nd night, I went to look for other hostels. They were all much nicer, but were booked. No central communal area, and the short-haired man at reception was extremely unpleasant.

• 30th Jul 2013

There are some people writing bad reviews trying to help others hostels and it is what I felt reading yours.You had a 3 nights stay in a Single room and stayed 3 extras nights , Why ? ... Anyway , too bad you did not enjoy your stay , sorry ! .........................Stephane.

Great place, excellent location! I've been there twice and I'll be back again soon!

• 19th Jul 2013

My stay at Casa 6 was absolutely fantastic. The staff was very friendly and the location is great, being off the street in that pedestrian alley made the hostel feel very safe and secluded while still in the heart of Ipanema. This was as good as any hostel I've stayed in and those leaving bad reviews for it must have unrealistic expectations for what a hostel actually is.

• 13th Jul 2013

It is nice that you got this feeling in a 2 nights stay.... And I remember talking to you about the Burning Man event happening each year in Nevada Desert............................Stephane.

Nathalia, the new receptionist, is absolutely fantastic! So friendly and accomodating, and she shows that she really cares about the guests. I'd stay at Casa6 again just to see her again! A lovely experience overall.

• 5th Jul 2013

Thank you very much ! And you are so right , she cares about the guests ... Her exact name is Natasha ! Keep going , keep traveling , keep enjoying life ! ........................... Stephane (Owner).

Compared with an hotel, the value for the money must be higher Second the room where we slept has a window but without glass. The service at the reception the night we have arrived was very low. The Internet was not working

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • Couple, 41+

You had a booking with us for one night.We have Wifi everywhere having 5 rooters.If Wifi is not working,you have to tell reception.Once a while we need to unplug the rooter for 30 seconds and it is working again.You slept in a double room with a new built bathroom in January 2013.The windows HAVE glass but I need to finish until the roof so there is 1ft 3/4 inch open space but it is great for ventilation in tropical Rio city.The guy at night for your check-in spoke your mother language : French.

Pros: - Excellent breakfast - Owner / Staff - Location Cons: - no place to secure a medium/big backpack inside the room.

All right,you are 2 people in one week asking for bigger lockers.I will see what I can do.......................Stephane.

You should specify the dimensions of the bedrooms you are offering ie the private room is only 2x2 m, really small.

• 6th Jun 2013
  • Chile

Thank you for the 83% review.I have 2 Single rooms and you stayed 3 nights in the smallest one called GUARANI as you can see the picture before doing your booking : "Single Room Guarani with Ceiling Fan".You are right , the GUARANI room is around 4m2.The other Single Room called MAR is around 6m2.I am sorry I cannot make it bigger,I can only ask for a reasonable rate for a Single Room in Ipanema with free Wifi and free Breakfast between 8AM and 3PM.Espero ver-te una otra vez,gracias.

Great spot but lack of communal areas to meet other travellers meant we spent most at the hostel in our room. Staff were cool when prompted and would give you lots of info if you asked specific questions. We had a private room with ensuite. Room was fine but the ensuite didn't have a door and wasn't fully enclosed (ie had an open vent down to the street which made the room a little noisy / cold/ let in insects)

Hello to everyone in Australia.You stayed 2 nights with us in a double room ensuite.We have today in the pedestrian alley 2 houses.You were in Reception House where the lobby and the kitchen with his big 5 mx1m wooden table are communal areas.Also in the other house just in front are middle floor cable TV and on top roof floor a kitchen 100% for guests from 8AM to 10PM where you can also smoke.I hope you enjoyed the 2mx2m bed and I will work on closing better the top window of the ensuite.

Having stayed there before,I found the staff friendly and very helpful answering any questions.The location cannot be beat,three short blocks from Ipanema beach and just outside the doors there are restaurants, botecos, shops and bus stops to go everywhere.Perhaps the top deck could have some hammocks for a quiet snooze.Other than that it was perfect,with a standard breakfast included, a great staff and you can't beat the price.Can't wait to return..

• 15th May 2013

I stayed in a double room and the top bunk was very high and the ladder very short which made it difficult to get on the top bunk, as nothing to really hold onto, so didnt feel safe sleeping on top, I am in my 60s, and pretty fit.

• 8th May 2013

Hello to every one in Australia.Good to hear that you are well fit in your 60s.You did not stay in a double room but in a Basic Twin Private as you can see it when you do the booking.And when you click on the room name you can read:Bunk Bed with fans and reading lights,shared bathroom.It does happen sometimes that people do not feel comfortable to sleep on the top bed,if it is the case,you have the option to put the mattress under the bottom one and you will have a lot of space to sleep well.

Great, safe location in Ipanema and like the fact that breakfast is served until 3pm each day. The hostel is quite clean but some of the facilities a little run down.

Lovley breakfast lots to go around great staff very helpful with how to get around. clean and tidy stayed for 3 weeks and had a great time. Would recommend casa ipanema 6 but hostel right next door is exactly the same for a little less, Putting the price up on weekends was not value for money.

• 14th Mar 2013

Every hostel is not the same.As far as I know,I am the only one giving organics eggs for Breakfast.I am the only one where breakfast is till 3PM.Check please the quality of the mattresses,the natural light in the rooms,the fresh natural ventilation,the 100% guest kitchen from 8AM to 10PM on top roof terrace,the speed Wifi in all rooms and quite much more.Come to Casa6ipanema to see it by yourself !

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels