Casa6ipanema Reviews

Barão da Torre 175 / House nº6, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We stayed for the World Cup so prices were greatly inflated. The dorm was very squished for 6 beds, a tiny room with no space for bags. The shower facilities there were good though, hot water and very clean. Breakfast was ok, the usual Brazilian brekky of ham, cheese and bread, with cake a some fruit. Then we moved to a private room with private bathroom, which was in an apartment in another building. The room was big and airy. But the shower was literally just a trickle of warm water.

Well,well , I guess it is very hard to make everyone happy. You booked your stay one year in advance and your rate was a little more than double . Most of the guests booking after you had much higher rates ... Today we do not have anymore 6 beds dorms , we do have 2 Single rooms and 1 Triple (one double bed and one single). The house which is now Casa.16 at the same address will open again Tuesday 16th of December 2014.

Convenient location for this hostel, but like everything else in Rio, it was very expensive.

Right for the location,3 blocks from Ipanema Beach and 2 blocks from General Osorio Subway Station. Right for the rate during World Soccer Cup ! Now we are in Holidays and the house will open again in December 2014 with only 3 private rooms : 1 Triple and 2 Single . All the best to all of you ! ................ Stephane and Ninna (Owners).

Very average for what we were paying. Stayed during the world cup for more than AUD$100 per night and we weren't impressed by anything other than the location. Breakfast was very basic, the toilet seat in our bathroom broke and wasn't replaced, just removed entirely. Despite not being a condition when we booked, the owner later contacted to request full payment, otherwise our booking would be cancelled. average hostel, but massively overpriced.

You booked 4 nights in a dorm of 6 beds at 106 AUD per night.During your stay was the soccer game World Cup at the Maracana Uruguay x Colombia.During Carnival rates per night will be 135 AUD.For Carnival,New Year Eve,Olympics Games and all big events full advanced payment is due with no refund.When something breaks specially on Sundays we need some time to fix it ................................Stephane (Owner).

We had an extremely enjoyable time at the Casa6Ipanema, where we stayed for 3 weeks during the World Cup. The location could not be better- it is only a five minute walk to the beach and is in the safest area of Rio. In regard to safety, the hostel was secure and provided lockers to store any valuables meaning there was never any concern when leaving things behind. The staff were incredible and willingly gave any assistance that they could, whilst also ensuring the hostel remained very clean.

• 23rd Jun 2014

I've never experienced such an abussive place, I didn't stayed there given the fact that I had a reservation made 1 year in advance and a couple of months before arriving I was told that due to the World Cup, I was about to be charged 5 times more that value I reserved. REALLY DISAPPOINTING, I've never had that problem before in any country/city/hotel/hostel. NOT RECOMMENDED!!, abussive!!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Well,well ... You booked a Double Room Ensuite one year before arrival and you are right with regular rates outside Carnival,New Year Eve or World Soccer Cup! You did not call me or send an e-mail to pay in advance as it should be done for all those events and will still be for the Olympics Games in August 2016.5 months before arrival I told you about the right rates of the room that you did not want to pay.I sent you the 10% deposit that you paid with Paypal.I am very sorry for what did happen.

The Casa6ipanema has cancelled my confirmed reservation a few months before my trip after the Owner has decided my original price confirmation was not valid anymore because and during the FIFA Worldcup. The Owner has acknowledged his error, but still cancelled my reservation, which is certainly not legal. For that reason I do not recommend staying at the Casa6ipanema. Since I have not stayed there, I am not able to say anything about the security, location, etc.

You booked your stay in June 2013,and I asked you to pay for it in December 2013.After few e-mails and dead-line date to pay I did cancel your booking in January 2014.You had rates of 30 USD per night then after my cancellation you did contact me to pay ... then I did explain you that it was too late to honor the rates I had and it was now 114 USD per night.TO ALL NEXT TRAVELLERS KEEP IN MIND THAT ADVANCED PAYMENT IS ALWAYS DUE DURING BIG EVENTS LIKE CARNIVAL,New Year Eve,Olympics Games,etc ...

A nice hostel in a good location. Staff didn't have the best English and weren't the friendliest we've had on our trip. Kitchen is excellent and rooftop area is a nice touch. Not a bad place, but lacking atmosphere. Breakfast is good with fresh juice that you crush yourself and the standard breads/hams etc.

If you look at previous correspondence you will see that this hostel cancelled our booking as they said they were going to closed. I contacted you about getting our money back. You said you would contact the hostel but Heard nothing more.The friend in Brazil who had originally recommended it went round and had a go at them and eventually our money, (doubled!) came back by a circuitous route via a dormant PayPal account of my husband's. I had to contact PayPal to forward it to our bank account.

• 25th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I loved this hostel. Other reviews mentioned that it was hard to meet people as the common area was always empty, but we had no problem. I was concerned when I read that, as I was travelling during carnival, but my boyfriend and I were hanging out with at least half of the people staying there. We had such a great time for carnival and Ipanema is really the best location in Rio. My only complaint about Casa6 is that they don't have soap for the toilets. Get Soap please, its cheap. Thanks CASA6.

Really liked Casa6ipanema, quieter hostel with a chilled out vibe. Stefan and his wife went beyond expectations to help us out and I would definitely reccomend a stay. The breakfast was delicious (you make yourself) and the location very close to the beach. Cool interior and rooftop terrace. Had hot water showers! and a fan in our room which kept us cool at night!

I stayed there only for one night. The price is really good and the location is great! It's really close to the beach and it's in a nice and safe area. But thre is no air codditioning and the fan in my roon was broken. The room is very tight and there isn't enough space for everyone's bags. I slept on the upper bed of a bunk bed for 3, which was really close to the ceiling, so it wasn't very confortable. Breakfast was really bad (old bread and no juice)

It is true that when you stay 1 night,you may not see at first the good parts of Casa6ipanema and I guess it was your case.You can see it everywhere that we do not have A.C but fans in all rooms.In your dorm,you have 2 fans,I went to check them,one is working very well and the other is working but with some noise.As you can see on the website,dorms are for 6 people.For breakfast from 8AM till Noon you have in the fridge oranges,yoghurts and organics eggs.Bread and bread loaf is bought every day.

The Price for a privateroom with private bath is just too much.

• 21st Jan 2014

Its way too overpriced due to its location, but its not worth it. I was booked to stay 2 nights but only stayed 1. You can't flush toilet paper down the toilet (which is fine) but if thats the case don't have open bins where the smell travels. I had a private room which was clearly an old converted store room with a window opening to a corridor that people could see into. Not worth staying at.

Hi, I am sorry that your stay with us was not as pleasant as you wished it to be. You should have made your complaint at the reception, so we could have tried to make your stay a bit more pleasant, instead of disappearing at night, WITH the room keys (that we still hoping to get back) . The issue of the open bin in the bathroom is very common here in Brasil. As for the window, your room was on the ground floor, so yes people may see inside. Closing the window would have solved the issue.

Really great place to stay, central to walk to the beach, and friendly staff to help you find anything and everything... Can´t beat making your own orange juice fresh every morning either (or afternoon if you sleep in...)

Clean but very small room. Available free computer with Internet connection. Breakfast is nothing special with self cleanup afterwards.

Great hostel, location, food, staff. Only downside, the common areas weren't great for socializing so there wasn't a great vibe in the hostel.

In the pedestrian alley we do have 2 houses,number 6 and 16.We are a small hostel so do not expect to find a huge common area but if you take the time to discover all 5 floors , you will find 2 big kitchens,1 lobby,1 T.V room,one ground floor area with sofa and the pedestrian alley between the 2 houses with chairs.The atmosphere is cozy and once you have found your favorite spot you will be just fine,believe me !....................Stephane.

The staff are happy to help and the hostel offers a good range of trips. However, we booked our tansfer to Ilha Grande with them and the company, Easy Transfer, was a shambles. Disorganised, delayed and they crammed far too many people on to the boat. The breakfast was good and available until 3pm. The hostel itself is just looking a bit tired.

In general the hostel is good enough, but I think some minor renovations is needes for example in the private room, the reception and the kitchen would be more than welcome.

• 13th Nov 2013

You are right about some renovation in your Double Room Ensuite.It is scheduled for end March 2014.For the reception and the kitchen I will send you a private e-mail to find out what you mean......Thank you,Stephane.

there was a problem in Ipanema of lack of water for all my stay and the common bathroom in our building was out of order. I think this place has a high potential of growth but it needs investments to renovate rooms, bathrooms and facilities. The staff was excellent!!!really funny and also efficient:) best regards, Claudia

• 25th Oct 2013

"All your stay" ... You stayed 1 night with us ! About lack of water , the all city of Rio was with no water during 2 days and it does happen once or twice a year.So I bought many 20 liters bottles of mineral water to help you have a short shower and flush toilets.I did my best ! Every year we do renovate rooms or commons areas and I agree there is always a lot to do and this is a nice challenge of decoration and colors that I like .........................Stephane.

oulalalalalal! a fuir! ils sont la pour faire du pognak! accueil bof! cafe da manha intolerable!

• 25th Oct 2013

C est dommage , tu as dormi 1 seule nuit comme prevu et j etais present lors de ton Check-out et tu semblais bien content.Petit déjeuner comment ? Non , ce n'est pas possible , tu n'as pas bien regardé le buffet et ce qu'il y a dans le frigidaire ! Faire du quoi ? Un minimum oui c est normal et tu as paye 50 réais pour une nuit en dortoir mixte de 6 lits ...........Désole , mais je ne reconnais ni la Casa6ipanema ni toi dans ce commentaire ...............Stéphane.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7