CasaBlues Reviews

Callejas 19, Arcos de la Frontera, Arcos de la Frontera, Spain

Everybody here left a great review, and they are right in every respect. Wonderful place, espacially for music lovers.

I hope to go back soon....thanks Nick for the relaxing days in Casa Blues..!

I had a delightful time staying at Casa Blues. Nick, the owner, was enjoyable and very helpful with finding just what we wanted in the area. After a day of sightseeing we arrived to a beautifully peaceful living room with jazz playing in the background. The rooms are very clean, the bed comfortable, the view... stunning!! The walk up the hill is not for the faint of heart, but there is a great shuttle van that was very inexpensive and easy to use. The view is certainly worth the walk.

• 10th May 2012

It was honestly the best hostel I've stayed in. I felt so at peace there and it was right on the cliff with wonderful view. I highly recommend this place and if I can I'd even love to go back!

The guesthouse is on the edge of a cliff and each floor has a terrace overlooking the river and lake and facing towards the mountains. The decor is music and film posters and there is music in the evening. It is very clean and well-maintained. There is no communal kitchen which would make self-catering difficult. I would recommend the hostel as somewhere to relax or for couples rather than for meeting people as it was pretty quiet. Not many staff around to ask about stuff in the town though.

The main positives were the price/value ratio, the high quality of the lounge areas and thesuerpanoramafrom the balconies Also there were many good tapas bars near buy. Other good points were the proximity of public transport and the amount of reading material. My only negatives, and they are relatively trivial, were that the en-suite bathroom was very small( I weigh 120kg) and badly designed ( I have cervical spondylosis.

• 29th Oct 2011
  • Scotland

One of the best hostels I´ve ever stayed. The view was amazing. It was very clean. The cat was so sweat and Nick the owner was very friendly und helpful. If you want to stay in Arcos you definitely need to go there.

This is less like a hostel and more like a great B&B! The owner, Nick, is very helpful and will offer suggestions for meals and sites. The views from the balconies and terraces are stunning. Overall, this hostel is stunning!

• 13th Oct 2011

Good location convenient to old town and parking. Phenomenal view overlooking the river, town, lake and pastures. Plenty of space to read, relax in or out of the sun and enjoy the views and read a book. There isn't a kitchen but there is a fridge. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Probably the best place to stay when visiting Arcos! The view from the Hostel is breath-taking, it's pretty clean and the host is great. I highly recommend this place! Best hostel I've ever stayed in so far! Only disadvantage: when you're planning to stay several days it could be a problem that there is no kitchen (but a fridge is provided). Though, Nick can recommend you some nice places to eat out ;)

It's definetly the place where to go. Excellent location, very nice and clean rooms, very nice staff. I spent a great time in there. The view from the room is wonderful

Best place in Spain and possibly in the world.

CasaBlues has an amazing location with an extremely welcoming atmosphere, and all for a very good price.

The owner is very nice and helpful. For the price I would say it's a great place to stay. He offers a fridge but there's no kitchen FYI.

Excellent place. My rating would've been higher but for the fact that I was the only guest there so the fun aspect was zero. Otherwise, the rooms are beautiful, the views are spectacular and Nick, the English owner, is a nice guy. Total peace and quiet. Highly recommended, especially for couples or anyone wanting a peaceful, relaxing stay in a beautiful historic 'pueblo blanco'.

As good as it gets in all departments really. The accommodation has an earthiness and vistas to rival anywhere.Nick has a real empathy with guests, having been a globe-trotter himself. His taste in music, never imposing, is very classy too.

really nice host and really nice atmosphere! we enjoyed our stay very much!

• 10th Dec 2010

A great location with fabulous views from the hostel. Owner was very helpful and played some wonderful blues music. Had a great relaxing break.

Our host, Nicholas was most welcoming and extremely helpful in every way possible. It was like being at home. The location and the views were just stunning and our room overlooking the valley was perfect. We enjoyed meeting his mother and father who were visiting him from England. An absolutely excellent property and host. Rex and Bev

This place is simply perfect.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4