Casaclub Hostel Reviews

Pedro Leon Gallo 427, Valparaiso, Chile

An old house that need refreshing especially the bathrooms! light breakfast, far from the city center and so from restaurants and bars; However very nice staff and best prices in the city.

I stayed there a fews days during the new year eve. The hostel is comfy and the staff is very friendly. Alejandro has been very cool and helped me a lot for everything I needed (in formations, advises...). The breakfast is simple but good, wifi worked great. Location is not the best but it's easily accessible to the center by walking or with one of the many buses.

Potential to be a good hostel with a lot of work. Only met 4 other guests there, paint peeling from the walls and ceilings, bathrooms were dirty even after they had been cleaned. Was supposed to stay 3 nights but checked out after 1. You would be better off to stay right in town or in Vina del Mar. Breakfast was the usual bread, jam, tea and coffee. Wifi worked. No idea it there was hot water as did not want to use the bathrooms.

I don´t know what you mean, bathrooms get cleaned al least 3 times a day or as much as necessary and of course there is hot water 24 hours. This is an old restored house and we are constantly making improvements, painting for example. You left before you were supposed to because you and your friend had a problem in downtown not in the hostel, you know what i`m talking about.

This place could be special except the amenities are filthy. I didn't want to use the bathroom. Nothing was clean and they didn't have good enough information about the area. The building is beautiful and if it was clean and had a coat of paint it could be transformed.

• 27th Dec 2012

Very nice hostel, I advice!

The hostel is located far from the center. It is not clean. Breakfast is not much.

Very good hostel, seems far from the center but Valparaiso isn't big and you can easily take an elevator or a bus down. Very nice staff, which also took me to a nice and cheap bar.

Excellent double room. Staff very friendly and helpfull. The kitchen was scarefully dirty,we were afraid to even walk in there, big improvement is needed there! Breakfast ok.

• 21st Jan 2012
  • Belgium

The staff is always smiling and willing to answer any question you have. The facilities are great, but the kitchen a little to small... The hostel is a little far from the center or the city, but still is good, comfortable place to stay. I recommend it.

The owners of the hostel are really nice and helpful. For your money, it isnt the worst place - but it wouldnt have been my first choice (I booked late). I think the main reason I had an enjoyable stay at the hostel was the people rather than the quality of the facilities. The hostel wasn´t the cleanest unfortunately so I stuck to wearing my sandals in the shower. The bathrooms smelt like urine. If you intend on staying out late, its an inconvenient place to stay - cabs are about $5000 one way.

The hostel is very well located and has a nice view froom the rooms. It has a good but simple breakfast. The beds are comfortable and the staff is helpful.

Although far from the heart of the city, everyone who worked there was incredibly wonderful!

If you are looking for a party hostel in an area full of tourists, this is not a hostel for you. But if you like to stay in a quiet hostel with not that many rooms, nice staff and home-like atmosphere, you will be happy there. The hostel is quite simple, but everything works. And Alexandro, the owner, is really nice and very helpful!

Alejandro the owner was amazingly helpful and very knowledgeable

Alejandro did an amazing job with helping us find places around Chile and also helped us with things around the hostel (towels, hairdryers, changing the gas for the stove etc...) My group and I had an awesome time. Would love to go back and stay there,

Very nice hostel! Buena onda, kitchen, good beds! It's a bit outcentered but it's really easy to reach the main tourist attractions by bus, ascensor or just walking.

Great hostel. A little outside of town and no restaurants or bars close. But really nice and clean and the staff are great.

vers atmospheric, you feel the sprit of valparaiso.

Staff was fun but if you are looking for a quiet and clean place to stay this isn't the best. Cleaner and more safe than other hostels in the area and around Chile but still could be cleaner.

I spent my new years eve here and it was amazing. Staff is ver y friendly and it is well connected to the city center. The area around might be a little scary after 1 am but other than that it was excellent! Highly recommended!