Very Good 267 Total Reviews
Very Good 267 Total Reviews
Cashel Hostel Located at 5 John St, , Cashel.
Ireland
Cashel 5 John St
77% 267
52.5157246 -7.8875398
    Rooms available

• France, Female, 31-40
29th Jul 2016

a great place ! we have a nice stay at Cashel Hostel, Patrick was very friendly and helpfully, and we give a gentle thought for his horse Jessie :) we 'll come again in the future with a great pleasure.

• marc-andreguay14675
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
18th Jul 2016
7.4

The room we had was nice. The staff is also kind, if you stay there for the night they will give you free ticket for the rock of Cashel (worth 7 euros), which is really nice to visit. The kitchen is also well equipped. If you want a hot shower you will get it (maybe to much) and the shower had to much pressure. Our only concern is the security. The rooms don't have locks and you don't have lockers in your room. But for a hostel in a such small village it's not that bad.

16th Jul 2016
7.7

Nice hostel, great people. The voucher to get into the Rock of Cashel is pretty clutch.

• Austria, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2016

I love the Hostel it's such a lovely place! The atmosphere is amazing and I met so many gorgeous people there! The stuff was the best and it just felt like a family. I got everything that I needed, the rooms are beautiful and clean, the kitchen is full of things needed for cooking and the living room is so comfortable. I came back three times, I had the best time!

7th Jul 2016

Stayed for one night at Cashel hostel to vist the Rock of Cashel. The location was great, easy walk to stores, around town and to the Rock. PJ (the owner) hooked me and my friend up with free entrence ticket to the Rock of Cashel, saved about €7 each. There is a free tour, very good, included in the ticket price. The room was really nice. 10 person dorm, wooden bed frame (no squeaking), carpet floor, comfortable mattress. Neat outdoor grill/lounge. Kitchen with what you need to cook. Good place

19th Jun 2016

Upon walking in the owner will introduce you to everyone. Very comfortable atmosphere whether you are looking to get to know other guests or chill by yourself. Very close to everything in Cashel. Great place and would recommend to anyone spending time in Cashel.

17th Jun 2016
5.7

Cashel is a small cute little town, so this is really your only hostel option. We found it a bit cramped, pretty grungey, the showers and toilet facilities are sub par, but I think this all comes with being in an old building. Needless to say once we had checked in we were pretty ready to check out again. The positives - lovely staff, gave us a free ticket to the Rock of Cashel (which is awesome, because that's 7 Euro saved). Other than that bonus, I would say it's pretty below average.

7th Jun 2016
8.0

I really enjoyed my stay at Cashel Holiday Hostel. PJ, the owner, is a very kind and helpful gent, and the hostel is perfectly located near the city centre. It is an old building, and the facilities are not exactly what you would call modern, but it is a perfectly decent place to stay and includes most of the amenities you would expect from a larger, newer, or more urban hostel. Thanks, PJ!

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
22nd May 2016
5.4

Location of the Hostel is good, as is the WiFi in the common room. However, the bed I was sleeping in was seriously bad, as it was missing some of its support beams. There was only one toilet and one shower for the entire hall, although I did not run into trouwble here, if a large group wants to use the facilities at the same time, it would become an issue. In the end having a place to sleep is a large part of what we pay for. I don't know if all beds are this broken, but this was just bad.

• Finland, Male, 18-24
16th May 2016

An great hostel with peace, silence and friendly staff. The rooms and beds were better than my average hostel experiences, the people were great and I have probably never slept as well in a hostel. No breakfast, but I could live with that, as the price is really low and includes the Rock of Cashel entrance fee also. Not top tier, but a joyful place to stay.