Cashel Hostel Reviews

5 John St, Cashel, Ireland

This was just a short visit for us as we were just passing through Cashel. We arrived in the evening and were shown all around the property. The patio area is very cute and I'm sure a lot of fun in the summer. Weather did not allow us to enjoy. Walking distance to all the shops, restaurants, and Rock of Cashel. Enjoyed our stay very much!

One mattress was wet through. The room service needs to take more care to prevent this unexceptable situation. We had booked two nights. We were only willing to stay one. The kitchen was dirty. It was a gloomy place. Reception was not available until you went outside and rang the bell. The hostel needs to be removed from Hostelworld.com's list until it is improved.

I stayed here for 3 nights, the room I stayed in was clean and so were the bathrooms and the well equipped kitchen. Location is perfect only a few minutes away from the bus stop/town centre and the Rock of Cashel is less than a 10 minute walk. The hostel has a homely feeling to it, especially the common room, it's a nice place to have a cup of tea, watch a movie (plenty of choice!) or just read a book and relax a bit. I would recommend this hostel.

comfortable and welcoming hostel with every requirement for the traveller

Security was a little lacking as I didn't have a way to secure my luggage, but overall a fine place to stay the night.

We'll sure come back :-)

A very nice hostel in the middle of Cashel. The perfect place to sleep and see the wonderful Rock of Cashel! People are really nice and the hostel is cumfortable.

It was a good hostel. A bit weird not to have a key for your room door but as long as you trust everyone else in the hostel it's fine. They have a nice sitting room with some games and lots of movies if you want to relax. Also, when you pay for your room you get a free pass to the Rock of Cashel which saves 8€ or something. They'll also give you a map of town with all the places to see.

A very good kitchen and the whole outside area is really nice. Our room stinked nice. I like the so much cause no one wanted to hang out. The receptionist was just the best. He's really young and was soooo nice to us! The location is also top.

Good hostel for a good price. The staff at the reception were almost always absent. One bathroom and toilet per floor so it could get cramped if it's very busy. Wifi is excellent. Kitchen is fully equipped

Pretty good hostel. Clean and quiet. A lot of stairs to walk up and down mind so if you are not the most nimble, its not the easiest to navigate.

This has been by far the coziest hostel I've stayed in. It's ideally located to both tourist attractions and the downtown area, but is off the main street enough that it was actually a quiet sleep, which is worth it's weight in gold. The living room is warm and homey, the staff are super helpful. I would come back as much to see them as to stay here!

Pretty good overall, but the shower was weirdly unpleasant (though clean enough). It operated on one of those push-button timer faucets (to keep people from leaving the faucets running). The shower only lasts a few seconds before stopping, however that's probably a good thing, as the output was so violent, it was like a hurricane in the shower. I don't even know if there was more water or air blowing around, but it's powerful enough to blow the shower door open and get water everywhere. .

Very nice place! Great workers and comfortable beds. Very close to the Rock of Cashel, so good for visiting that. Would go back!

it just felt very homely and there was always someone there to help out

• 19th Jun 2015

Bunk was broken/uncomfortable, otherwise good