Cashel Hostel Reviews

5 John St, Cashel, Ireland

Good location makes it worth it for a night, otherwise the facilities were not the cleanest, water in the sink was constantly running because the faucet was broken, and there were not nearly enough bathrooms/ showers for the amount of people staying there.

• 15th Mar 2014

Although my first impression of Ike the manager was not positive, he turned out to be quite friendly and helpful. The 5 bed female dorm is a good size, not too crowded. The kitchen is clean, bright and modern, but no breakfast is provided. Unfortunately the showers have a knob that must be pushed in constantly to make the water flow. That means you either freeze while soaping up or you wash with one hand. There is no parking, so you must feed the meters on the street. Easy walk to town.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, i would like to state that our Manager Icke is indeed an exceptional individual in which our guests do not realise manages all three sectors of our businesses, Hostel, B&B and Apartments, whilst in the process accumulating 60+hours work per week. Regarding our parking we have it free Monday - Saturday 5pm - 10am and Sunday - Free all Day, We look forward to having you once again as a valued guest within our establishment. Kind regards PJ Quinlan

Smallest bunk beds I have ever stayed in, I'm quite small but managed to hit my head more than once. The worst shower I have had, the water was far too hot, with no temperature control, and the water pressure was to the point if being painful - I thought I might lose a nipple!

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, we at Cashel Holiday Hostel can assure you that your "Nipple" was by no means in danger or about to fall off for that matter. We look forward to having you once again at our Hostel establishment. Kind regards PJ Quinlan

Not the best and not the worst hostel i've been to. Really good beds and close to city and rock of cashel. Felt like the manager made sure to tell me everyting, so i could not complain about it later. I thought that was funny. Good hostel for a night or two.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive review and we look forward to having you once again at our Hostel establishment. Kind regards PJ Quinlan

The staff was quite unfriendly, the showers didn't work properly, there were no keys or codes for the room. We liked the stay though due to the good location.

• 14th Sep 2013

Dear Guest, Not all our staff speak fluent English so thus why they may not communicate freely to guests, you were given the option of the 1st floor shower whilst we had a 24hour fault with the 3rd floor, Security is paramount within our establishment and why we have a Front door key entry system, 24hr CCTV, Staff on front reception & Free security lockers on offer, we do not offer keys to the Dorms as it is shared accommodation, Keys are given to private rooms only. Kind regards PJ Quinlan

Fantastic stay. Owner PJ and all the staff were very welcoming. Thanks a lot guys

• 30th Aug 2013

Really nice hostel, enjoyed my stay!! Only weird thing was i Couldnt lock the room

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, Our records show that you booked into one of our 5 bed Female dorms which in turn specifies that you do not get a room key, unless obviously otherwise you have fully booked one of our 2, 4, 8 or 10 bed rooms as a private then the key will be given. Security is paramount within our establishment so thus the reasons why we also have a Front door key entry system, 24hr CCTV, Staff on front reception and Free security lockers on offer. Kind regards PJ Quinlan

Shower was freezing, nothing special

WE Appologise for cold showers also disappointed as we have state of the art solar panels that are toped upwith New Natural Gas boiler which will heat as much water as required, having said this we turned down heat in showers from their normal level as dureing recent heatwave several of our Guests drew our attention of heath in showers, we need feed back to get your experience as perfect as we can, glad you enjoyed your stay in Ireland,

The room was very small, you had to put the suitcases on the bed if you needed something.

Dear Guest, I am surprised to hear such a comment regarding our Double Private room (King Cormac) which you booked, the room itself is extremely comfortable to move about in with additional advantages of also having a Sink, Wardrobe, side Table & Drawers, Chair, an abundance of Power Points and I might add a stunning Garden View, I do hope you shall visit our establishment once again as we shall endeavour to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible, Kind Regards PJ Quinlan

Nice facilities, nice kitchen. Very good location, atmosphere was okay. Had a good night sleep.

Convenient location, easy to find, odd set up inside with lots of different rooms that meander every which way. Our room was adequate, beds comfortable for bunks, bathroom worked fine.

• 17th Jul 2013

Hi, glad you enjoyed your stay, surely this wonderful old building which is well maintained and has an old world structure with Rooms at different levels, beats modern building which are built on a shoebox structure 1 up 1 down, This hostel is set in an old Georgan House that oozas Character and has 300 years of history behind it,(disapointed you gave us 0 marks for Character)

The hostel is located in the centre of town, with a grocery store and cafes/bars/theatre just around the corner. The bed was very comfortable, and the common areas very inviting. This would be an excellent place to be based to explore the local sites. Parking is on the street and can be difficult to find. The shower was not the cleanest I have seen, but not unbearable. Only one shower/toilet per floor, but luckily it was not too crowded when we stayed.The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, I would like to state both for yourself and other fellow potential guests reading this that the shower which you mention would have been spotless in the morning when cleaned although when guests use it it may become somewhat not as original, We have three rooms per floor in which one is an en-suite so thus only 2 rooms are sharing the Shower / Toilets on that floor. We look forward to having you once again at our establishment, Kindest regards PJ Quinlan

We loved it here! Our group of three was upgraded to a private room because one was available. The hostel is right in town, close to anything needed but on a quiet street.

very clean, facilities are excellent,staff very welcomeing.

• 15th Jun 2013

I arrived there alone and at the reception I was really welcomed already! Nice people and a really good tour around the house. I was integrated in the group even before i got my room ;) I felt comfortable straight away! Besides I was really lucky to be alone in my room and to be upgrated ;)

We had a wonderful time at this hostel! Super friendly staff, great atmosphere and location. We even had a lovely carriage ride around town, curtesy of the hostel owner.

• 24th May 2013
  • ScottCBC

One of the staff was the nicest person ever. She upgraded us to the B&B side and was amazingly friendly. She and the place embodied Irish culture.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive review and we look forward to having you once again at our Hostel / B&B establishment. Kind regards PJ Quinlan

Staff were very nice, convenient location, good facilities. Shower was awful but overall hostel was good.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, I would like to state both for yourself and other fellow potential guests reading this that the shower which you mention would be on the 3rd floor and is currently being rectified as I type this and for that I do apologise. We are delighted apart from this that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that we look forward to having you once again as a valued guest at our establishment. Kind regards PJ Quinlan

As great as 20 years ago when it first opend up and I was there. Thanks a lot. Was a real nice place to stay.

Great stopover place. Got a double with a shared bath. It was cramped but economical.

• 14th May 2013