Caspian Hostel Reviews

Asef zeynalli 29 / 9, Baku, Azerbaijan

All in all, my stay in the hostel was great. I called the owner before arriving to confirm my early arrival. The owner informed on how much taxi cost from the airport, which was quite useful, as taxi drivers wanted to rip me off in 2.5 times more. So the owner met me at the entrance at 6am, kindly allowed me to take their own shower and showed my bed. After I was charged as for two days (check-in at 12pm), but business is business. I rather pay extra than roam exhausted in an unfamiliar city

The location is UNBEATABLE, right at the very heart of Baku's majestically breathtaking Iceri Sehar. The hostel is owned and run by an impressively friendly family that is always willing to offer helpful advice on exploring the city and the rest of Azerbaijan.

When you see a sign "Caspian hostel" written by hand in the entrance of the building you will think that somebody is kidding with you, but thanks to hospitality of owners of the hostel (family) you will change your mind. I was in 12 beds room, cleanless is good, and old lady was cleaning bathroom every time I was there. There is no key because the hostel is in the house of that family (in separate building). One day old lady put blanket on me while I was sleeping because she saw I was frozen :)

A bit more English (and a couple of smiles, maybe?) would be expected of the "staff", but got my good night's sleep anyway. The texts of the signs in room showed a sort of rudeness, but in the end I got to keep my bag for the whole day, even though it was declared that they would do it only for an hour. Thanks for that. Security seemed poor, since anyone can just walk in without anybody knowing. The good side is that you have to know where to go, since it's not the most obvious of entrances.

The location is superb but the facilities are not the best. There is no common area and during the high season I could envisage the number of bathrooms being a potential problem. That said, the staff there do their best and the characters who stay at the place are definitely interesting people.