Caspian Hostel Reviews

Asef zeynalli 29 / 9, Baku, Azerbaijan

Hostel? Not quite. This place is a bunch of bunk beds crammed into the spare room of a families flat. No reception, common room, or even chairs to sit on. The woman working there said three things to me the entire time I was there: Reservation? Passport. And '15 Manat' . Sadly, there aren't too many options in Azerbaijan.

The owners were so helpfull and sweet. The place, though not having any real common areas, still had all that we needed, a good budget alternativ in expensive Baku.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

This is probably the best hostel to be found in Baku! Cheap, and in the middle of the historic centre. The staff is very nice and will help you with really anything. The hostel is relative small (approx 12 beds) and the two small dorms are connected, resulting in a very nice atmosphere. I can certainly recommend this hostel!

• 24th Jul 2014

Hostel is wonderfully located in the old town of Baku, though at first it is somewhat difficult to find. Very friendly staff members, but they speak very poor English. The hostel is simple but it's sufficient for traveller who stay a few days in Baku. Staff members keep the hostel very clean!

Very nice staff. Good place to stay at.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel is right in the center of Baku! Ayka is a very friendly person. The rooms are clean and the bathroom too. But there are not many places for plugs. I really enjoyed my stay in Caspian Hostel :)

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Greece

This hostel is one of the few budget options available in Baku (16 manat/night). There is virtually no security - there are two connected rooms, with 12 bunk beds in total, and no way to lock anything. In theory anyone who wanted could just walk in, if they knew where they were going. The most negative aspect of staying there was the confusing migration registration process - it's extremely confusing, and all you're told is "go to the post office and register" without being told what to bring

The host drove four of us to the mud volcanoes, petroglyph site, Bibi-Heybat Mosque and James Bond oil field for a reasonable price, which is nice as some of these places are not easily accessible otherwise.

Location is right in the middle of the sights. Close to metro or 30min walk from the railway station (Bus 116 from airport stops near the railway station and is 5 cents). Staff are very friendly and will help with anything. Dorm has airco.

Perfect place to stay in Baku. Can't wish better. Very good stuff. Tthank you Aika! All the best and hope to see you again!

• 21st May 2014
  • Russia

Nice family runs the hostel and takes care of you no matter at what hour you arrive. One of the ladies speaks english but you will get understood with the other owner also. Hostel has excellent wifi and location is the best - in the center of the old city 2min from Maiden tower. The family was also very helpful to me because they let us leave the luggage after the checkout.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Croatia

Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are clean and in good condition, staffs are so nice and providing me local information. Good breakfast is another plus to it. Strongly recommended.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • China

Friendly staff! Clean! Good location!

Was very nice stay, people are friendly, Ajka ( owner ) is excellent and helpful

The owner is nice-we get lots of good information about baku and places around.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

This hostel is located in the old centar. It is the best location! The staff is the best! And everything is clean all the time!;))

All in all, my stay in the hostel was great. I called the owner before arriving to confirm my early arrival. The owner informed on how much taxi cost from the airport, which was quite useful, as taxi drivers wanted to rip me off in 2.5 times more. So the owner met me at the entrance at 6am, kindly allowed me to take their own shower and showed my bed. After I was charged as for two days (check-in at 12pm), but business is business. I rather pay extra than roam exhausted in an unfamiliar city