Cassis Hostel Reviews

Les Heures Claires, 4, Avenue du Picouveau, Cassis, France

This place is amazing!!! So beautiful! Claire is the sweetest hostess and we had a lovely stay even though it was only for one night. My only complaint is there being only one toilet for the whole first floor and not in the individual en suites.

Beautiful house, staff was very helpful Would definitely go back

What can I say other than WOW!! This was my favourite hostel by far. Not only is the hostel beautifully situated but the facilities are clean and comfy - the pool was amazing! But it was the atmosphere that topped the charts! I felt like I was being welcomed into someone's home - the staff were wonderful and were happy to join in with conversations and excursions with guests! Merci Sophie, Claire et Verity!! Will definitely be back to stay with you in the future!

A very nice hostel! The hostel had a pool which was awesome. The location was excellent, close to town and the beach with a beautiful view from the balcony! I would absolutely recommend this place!

Cassis Hostel was my favorite hostel on our two month backpacking trip. It is a beautiful, eclectic place with many cool hang out places. There is even a infinity swimming pool that is always open. The place is very welcoming--it feels like you are entering a family. The wifi is good, there is laundry and the beds are comfortable. It is in a perfect location and I would definitely stay there again when I come back to the south of France.

This Hostel in Cassis is a kind of island, isolated from world affairs, inviting to nativeness in beautiful landscape. The guests stay there for visiting the charming small town Cassis, hiking the Calanque Natural Parc, enjoying nature, the Mediterranean sea, or just to refresh in peaceful environment. Each season, Sophie the owner, leads an extraordinary and welcoming staff. The only negative point, the Hostel is often fully booked. But this proves, how much it is appreciated by their guests.

It is nearly impossible to have a bad experience here as it is an absolute paradise. That being said, this time around was not as ideal as my last stay. The staff were far less social than the staff present on my previous stay and the one guy that was moderately social was actually kind of rude. So fingers crossed they are not there permanently. Luckily Sophie, the owner, is a lovely person. She has created a haven of relaxation and a place to escape the chaos of urban life. I highly recommned!!

Awesome hostel! Lovely staff, awesome villa, swimming pool, yummy breaky and close to town!

As this was the only accommodation available for Cassis that weekend, we were pleasantly surprised to find that it was everything we needed - and more! The staff were friendly, and the atmosphere was relaxed. Cassis is small enough that you could walk from the hostel to the bus stop (from the SNCF or the bus from Marseille), to the town center and the calanques.

• 8th Jun 2014

This was probably one of the best hostels I have stayed in, it felt just like being a guest in someone's beach house on the French Riviera, and the owner was very kind and hospitable. The pool, the terrace, the garden, everything was outstanding and meticulously clean and well-kept. Unfortunately, we got an unexpected souvenir in the form of bedbugs which was not exactly the best way to remember a great week in Cassis.

Thank you for leaving a review and be certain that I have given your review the due attention that such an allegation calls for. I immediately hired a professional who did a full and complete investigation of all of our rooms and beds. I can safely reassure you that there is not a single trace of bed bugs to be found. That being said, I'm sorry to say that Cassis is notorious for tiger mosquitoes. They have a nasty bite which may leave a sore similar to that of a bedbug. Best, Sophie

Staying here was more like staying with a family friend than a hotel. All the staff were absolutely lovely and went out of their way to give me ideas of things to do during my time in Cassis, even showing me walking routes and providing me with maps. The atmosphere was really relaxed and chilled, and it was great to lounge around by the pool, or in the living room in the evenings. The common areas were clean and well equipped - and the breakfasts on the terrace were awesome.

• 1st Jun 2014

Thanks Jemima for your good review and for the nice words you left on the desk... Hope to see you again.

This is one of the best hostels, we've ever been to. Hostel in a villa, located amid other fantastic villas, so you feel safe when going out at night. Swimming pool, beautiful garden and great view over the see. We liked very much the self-service in this hostel (bread & jam is served in the kitchen and you take your dishes from the cupboard, you make your tea, you wash your dishes etc). This creates a cosy atmosphere, where everybody feels at home. We'll definitely come back!

• 31st May 2014

Had an amazing stay here! Small hostel with a family vibe. The people that worked there gave lots of advice about nearby hike.

I had such an incredible experience here. Both the town and the hostel are perfection. It's a small hostel which makes it feel very personal and is great for getting to know the other travellers. The staff are very welcoming and incredibly helpful with advice about the area. I've already planned my next stay in a few weeks. Needless to say...Love love love Cassis!!!

Cassis Hostel is very different from other hostels I have stayed so far. It was like offering you a chance to stay in a local home and learn more about the daily routine a french family likes. Good atmosphere, comfortable bed, cool view of the Cap Canaille, swimming pool etc. I had a wonderful time in Cassis and definitely the only place I would like to revisit again in France in near future. To conquer Cap Canielle and Calanques for sure :) thanks for the wonderful time!

The Hostel was great ! Super clean, lovely people, wonderful location and security was perfect. Every morning you were treated to AMAZING bread and Jam with coffee of tea, perfect start to the day. they had good recommendations for places to eat that weren't touristic and were happy to join if they were free. I hope to go back soon. thank you for everything Cassis Hostel !!

Thanks Carmen and your team for this lovely comment and we wish you a good season in cycling with BACK ROAD....

I absolutely loved this hostel! They have facilities and kitchen utensils to cook your own meals if you desire, very comfortable beds, wonderful views, a pool, and a great location to access the whole town and its many activities. The staff is very helpful and they provide a breakfast of bread, jam, butter, tea, and/or coffee. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 9th May 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Definitely it was the best hostel that i have been to. It is actually a very pretty villa that has an amazing view towards the sea,since it is on the hill. The staff is incredibly nice and friendly, they will give you brief instructions of how to get around in the area and what you could do. I totally recommend this place since it is an excellent location to spend your holidays and enjoy the famous Calanques! The feel that the hostel gives you is that you are living in a family house! Very cosy!

• 3rd May 2014
  • Romania

One of the best places. I want to go back one day )

Thanks and we will be very happy to welcome you again.

We had such a wonderful stay with Sophie! Beautiful home and incredible environment. I would definitely recommend this hostel and I hope to return in the near future. Thanks so much Sophie!!

• 29th Apr 2014

Thank you very much for your comment and we hope to welcome you very soon. Sophie