Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

I think it's be good if there are a locker in the room

Staff were very friendly and keen to assist us if we needed help. Location is excellent as it is the middle of Old Town and within short walking distance to all the main attractions, good restaurants and cafes. We stayed in the 16 bed dorm, which was fine. They had lockers inside the rooms, so I did't find security to be a problem. Bathrooms were clean. Good facilities: they have a kitchen, hair dryers, ironing boards etc. Overall, I would recommend staying here.

I recommend rooms should be ventilated especially when there are many people in one room. Apart from that, everything was great!

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Jordan

Great location and general atmosphere. Clean and relatively quiet, there were some people talking loudly, but they quieted down by midnight. A 15 minute walk from Central Station and only a few minutes from dozens of small cafes, restaurants and shops.

Loved it overall, but wifi never worked, and having to do laundry on the other side of town is really inconvenient.

Nice cosy and comfortable hostel, it feels like you're staying in a very chic, very clean house. The location is great, a relatively easy walk into Norrmalm and Sodermalm while being able to stay in a charming, old fashioned, mostly pedestrianised area. Staff are helpful and friendly, the only thing was that the reception opening hours were a bit limited during the winter. Overall I had a great time and would definitely stay there again.

• 12th Jan 2016

Great location in old town with excellent security through door codes and a helpful staff. Bathrooms were also very clean. While it is not a super social hostel, it is a great and relaxing place to stay for a few nights with friends or if traveling alone. Very close to the nearest metro station and ferry, making it easy to get to all parts of Stockholm (could also walk to many as well)!

• 10th Jan 2016

Fantastic location for a few days' stay in Stockholm. Great little hostel with a good deal of style (albeit a little small) and very friendly staff.

No partying hostel! (thank you) Warm atmosphere. I really like that they emphasize to be considerate about the environment, not to waste water and food and even pay to compensate their carbon footprint. Marketing? Yes, but one which is worthwhile and has a positive impact. Otherwise, they definitely operate with very little stuff (limited reception opening hours) but it is nevertheless well managed and organized. In Sweden you have to bring your own sheets, you pay 65 SEK for renting from hostel

This place was great. The facilities were good and the location is unmatched. The hostel is located in the heart of Gamla Stan. All the attractions are a short walk away though I definitely encourage walking out of that island in to surrounding areas.

• 30th Dec 2015

Dear Reema, thanks for your positive feedback. We are curious to hear what we can improve to make your stay and even better one. Happy to hear that you had a great stay overall. All the best!

Lovely hostel in the old town, with common area and kitchen. The reception is not open very long and there is no special effort made for social activities, but it is a small friendly hostel with well organised staff and the out of hours check in is well organised and easy. Thank you for my stay and I look forward to staying again when visiting Stockholm

Dear Thomas, Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback. We look forward to have you here again!

Definitely this is my favorite hotel until now! Very quite,clean,also the location is great!

Dear Xiaopei, Many thanks for the nice review. We hope you will visit us again!

Very friendly and welcoming lady checked us in. Fast and simple check-in and check out. Clean and cozy, very good location.

Dear Oksana, We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at Castanea. Thank you for your positive words that it is clean, cosy and have a very good location. We hope you will come back and visit us again!

Had an amazing stay. The staff is very helpful.

It was just lovely. The rooms are immediately next to public/hang out space though, so do not expect to sleep. I asked the group outside our room very kindly to please respect the 11pm quiet signs and they barely moved - you can hear everything - I had to be up at 4:30am for an early flight and really didn't sleep at all. Very nice heated floors and wonderful shower - though I was surprised by a group of guys who came in to talk about the girls they'd just met and brush their teeth...

• 22nd Dec 2015

Castanea is a great hostel with awesome location. Standing in the center of the old town, almost every popular spots in Stockholm is in a walking distance. Everywhere in the hostel is very clean but you have to rent the bed lining which is not much money. The Staff was really friendly and gave us many tips to explore the city, also there was lots of useful information on the board. It's generally an amazing place to stay!

Dear Chia, Thank you for staying here and for your fantastic review. We are happy that you think this is an amazing place to stay with awesome location, clean and friendly staff :). We hope you come back to Stockholm and to Castanea!

Cosy hostel which ended up being my home away from home for Christmas last year. The staff were so friendly and facilities were kept clean. Thanks for the pleasant stay!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!!! I loved how organised everything was (they are very good about allowing people into the hostel when the reception isn't open if you contact them head of time, which is great if you may arrive in the middle of the night). Very nice and fun feel, staff was incredibly friendly and kind. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• 20th Dec 2015

Dear Rachel, Thank you for staying with us and we are glad everything went well with your arrival. Love your review, it makes our day to hear! Hope to see you again soon!

Really nice hostel! Clean, save, nice rooms, good atmosphere, fantastic location ... One negative thing: As I arrived very early I got a code to enter the hostel and the luggage room in advance. As they were unfortunately wrong I needed to call them at 6 am. Four calls later I succeeded to get inside and store my luggage. Otherwise the staff was really nice!

Dear Christian, Thank you for you your positive feedback and nice words! We are truly sorry about the code mistake, it is absolutley not acceptable. :( Good that you called the night watch and got help to get inside. Glad if we get the chance to welcome you here again!

Beautiful location