Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

Great service and location in the center of Gamla Stan. Very safe and clean. Bring your own sheets since you cannot use your sleeping bag. Overall really enjoyed our stay and looking forward to staying here again in the near future.

Nice place with the best possible location in Gamla Stan Stockholm!

• 6th Sep 2014

Even for a combination of strolling in the old town and a business congress nearby it was a good choice.

• 6th Sep 2014

Sólo eché de menos el desayuno, si hubiera tenido la opción seguro que habría pagado por ello.

• Spain

Good hostel. Very good location, the old town. With wi-fi, clean bath, clean rooms. Only downs is you have to pay for lockers and sheets (but you can bring your own). It's rather expensive but it's nice price as we're talking about Sweden. Totally recommendable.

This hostel is located in the centre of Gamlastan with good facilities. Rooms were super clean and staffs were kind. =)

One of the best hostel in Europe!

• 29th Aug 2014

I loved this place sooo much! Very well located, cozy, very clean. Bathrooms and showers are great, the kitchen is awesome too. Had a lot of great chats in the common room :) The staff is friendly and you can tell from all the little details that they're doing a very good job. Definitely one of the best hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 26th Aug 2014

The staff at Castanea were extremely friendly, helpful, and accommodating. My wife and I very much appreciate our positive interactions with the staff.

• 22nd Aug 2014

great for a cheap stay. Showers and toilets are clean. Nice Staff, very friendly.

• 22nd Aug 2014

We have just stayed one night but it was perfect for our family.

• 21st Aug 2014

Beautiful hostel! Super quiet, great location and awesome from any point of view! Only issue is that it doesn't offer much to help to meet new people. There's a common room and a common kitchen but they offer no reason to stay in there. For this reason everyone just goes out at night by him/herself. I definitely recommend Castanea if you're travelling with a group or if you just want to stay in a quiet place. Beds are really really comfortable. Remember to bring your own linens!

Staff were very helpful changing my booking and sorting out payment when I had to arrive and depart without seeing anyone on Reception. I thought the hostel was really good - clean, tidy, plenty of amenities, people were cool, relaxed atmosphere -I'd recommend it as a base for visitors to Stockholm and I hope to return.

• 19th Aug 2014

Clean, cosy and really well located! Wish we could have stayed longer! Will be recommending this place to everyone!

• 18th Aug 2014

great location in the middle of gamla stan.... I got a bottom bunk which always gets more points :) walking distance to everything and if its not, its walking distance to the train... only had one night here but it fit my needs perfectly

Great place just the 4 dorm room is too restricted for space.

• 15th Aug 2014

Ideally located in Stockholm to visit the city. Staff was very nice and peole were friendly. Go for it and you won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for a quiet and clean place to stay in central Stockholm, we can definitely recommend this place.

• 13th Aug 2014

First of all, the location can't be beat. Being in Old Town was a great experience! This is a very quiet hostel, so if that's the type you are looking for this is great. Also, the staff was excellent. I just have two suggestions. First off, there are no private lockers in the room (at least the one I was in) so your stuff will be exposed, I think that would be an easy addition to give travelers peace of mind. Second, there needs to be an easy way to contact staff for any late night issues.

Clean and comfortable stay in a central location. Castanea is located in the center of Old Town Stockholm, near several restaurants and shops. The staff was friendly, and after-hours check-in was very efficient.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4