Castanea Old Town Hostel

Superb 3464 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 3464 Total Reviews

19th Jun 2017

I enjoyed my stay at Castenea, the hostel is in a great location in Gamla Stan and a 20 minute walk from the main train station, the staff was lovely and helpful. However, there isn't too much of a "hostel" atmosphere.

17th Jun 2017

The location is great (close to the station and inside the old town). The kitchen was fully stocked and clean. There are only 4 available showers, so it may be difficult (however, I did not have issues). I would recommend this hostel.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
16th Jun 2017

Lovely stay in a two bed room. The location of the hostel is amazing, the staff extremely nice. Very good value for the price. The kitchens is well equipped. If I had to criticize small things it would be the doors soundproofness, that you can not really vent the bathrooms and the mattresses were a little to soft. But next time in Stockholm I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Colombia, Female, 25-30
16th Jun 2017

Perfect location to go around Stockholm. There was no activities to get to know other people. No recommendations of places to visit.

• Philippines, Male, 31-40
15th Jun 2017

The staffs are super kind and assisting. They let me used the power adaptors left by previous renters. Facilities are super clean and affordable. The kitchen is always open for cooking. I will definitely book again my stay in Castanea hostel.

• England, Female, 41+
15th Jun 2017

A friendly Hostel ideally suited for exploring the old city especially before the crowds early morning Twenty mins . Walk from station. No breakfast included but kitchen and food shared

• USA, Male, 25-30
14th Jun 2017

Could not have been a better location for my friend and I who are 25 to explore Stockholm!

11th Jun 2017

Extremely friendly and helpful staff! Spotlessly clean! Very cozy atmosphere.

Thank you for your lovely review! Happy we could help you :)

• cadycadiz9736
  • USA, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2017

Lovely little hostel in an amazing location. The rooms were clean. My bunk bed was very creaky, but the other one in my room was not. Every time I moved in the slightest I felt bad for everyone else in the room! Strong free wifi in the room! 😄 Outlet near my bed. Decent curtains to block out that Nordic summer sun, but not black-out curtains. Excellent places to eat and stroll right outside the door. I would definitely recommend and definitely return.

Thank you for informing us about the creaky beds. We will try to tighten the screws on the beds today! Usually this helps a lot :) Happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Welcome back!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

We had a great stay at this hostel. Everything was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. Even the location in old town was awesome. I would recommend this place to anyone!