Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

The hostel was right in the middle of everything so that was nice. The entrance as well as the dorm room had passcodes which means that anyone who had been to the hostel before could come back. So it didn't feel the safest. Also, the staff were not there very often. I didn't feel like there was much room to go and hang out and meet people with there only being one small living room. However, the hostel worked out and definitely didn't ruin my trip and the kitchen had lots of free stuff!

Amazing location! clean, neat and super friendly. I was traveling alone and must be honest it wasn't the most socially run hostel but there was always someone in the Common room to chat to and have a drink with. Definitely recommend it!

• 20th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Best and cleanest hostel where i've stayed! Location was awesome and big thaanks to the staff, you were very helpfull. It was nice that in Castanea hostel people's age doesn't matter.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Finland

We realy enjoyed the stay in the Castanea Hostel! The room was cosy and clean and the hostel has a very nice atmosphere. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We like to come back again!

We arrived late at night, however the place was amazing, the facilities were beautiful and very clean. I totally recommend this place. Very good atmosphere and was close to all of the sightseeing views.

• 6th Mar 2015

The location is perfect, but it took us a little time after entering the old town area because streets are confusing there. but everything there is nice!!

The staff was extremely helpful. When I arrived i reserved a mixed dorm room, however I did not feel comfortable stating in that room as the only woman and with the average age of other occupants being significantly higher than mine. The staff was very helpful in allowing me to change . Unfortunately as well this Is the only hostel where I've ever had my food stolen out of the fridge, even though it was marked as mine . Something was taken from me at least once each day. Really huge bummer

This was such a cute hostel!!! The whole staff was super helpful directing me anywhere to go, and the owner of this hostel is so so nice as well. Always saw a cleaning lady every day who would thoroughly clean everything. Felt very very clean, had a great kitchen, a nice little lounge area. Very cozy place. Not a party hostel if that is what you're looking for but still a wonderful place to stay for sure.

The hostel was charming. However, if you're looking for a loud hostel with more of a party environment I would suggest looking elsewhere. I appreciated the quaint nature of the hostel. It was also easily the cleanest hostel I have every stayed in.

My stay at the Castanea was not that long, but the two-day stay had already felt like home. The staff was really nice although its a bit of trouble that they are not there at night. But its not a big deal. The hostel set in the middle of stockholm, so its like 10 mins walk from the central station, and within 10-20 minutes walk to other places like the vasa museum and city hall. There is also a tbana station nearby so its really convenient. Highly recommend esp when you are travelling alone.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • China

Castanea is a very relaxed family run hostel. I had a pleasant and comfortable stay here and met some interesting people thanks to the open and relaxed lounge area.

Very warm and welcoming, clean, excellent facilities, amazing showers with Heated flooring, modern decor and homely style the photos don't do it justice! Met some wonderful people here and the location can't be beaten for seeing the most of Stockholm and eating in Gamla Stan!

• 19th Feb 2015

The staff was helpful and friendly. the atmosphere is a good mix between backpackers and weekend travellers. The location is central next to shops and restaurant. We really enjoyed our stay and we will come back for sure!

• 19th Feb 2015

Great location.

Great hostel in an unbeatable location! We arrived after hours and it was really simple to check in still. Nice kitchen, chilled out and friendly vibe.

I just stayed for one night in Castanea Old Town Hostel but I really enjoyed it. It seemed to me more like a quiet hostel - maybe not the right thing for backpackers who are up to meet people, party - but it had a really friendly atmosphere. The room and bathrooms are very clean, even the kitchen area looked perfect. Also the location is a tourist's dream: It's located in a quiet street in the middle of Gamla stan - perfect place to start your trip in Stockholm.

Great location. Great staff.

Castanea is a great place! Easily the best hostel I've ever been to. It's very cozy and beautifully furnished, very comfortable, the staff works hard to keep the place clean even when the place is full and they are very helpful and attentive at all times. I kept wanting that my own home will look and feel just like it - it is just so welcoming and inviting with lovely decor. Go Castanea! I'll be very happy to visit you guys again, keep on the amazing work!

It's lovely to read that you like Castanea. Thank for your kind words! You are very welcome back!

No sign to see when looking down the street. Makes it difficult to initially find.

Yes, I agree it's a bit hard to find Castanea with the tiny sign on the front door. Glad you bring it up. We really should have a bigger sign.

I really enjoyed my stay at Castanea. The receptionist was very nice and let us store our bags in the luggage room, which had a key code lock. Very safe. Reception hours are limited but the staff go out of their way to make shre you are comfortable if you arrive later. The atmosphere was more laid back, it is definitely not a party hostel but its great location gives you access to many bars and entertainment. Lots of resources about the city are available. This hostel set a standard for me.

• 1st Feb 2015

Thank you for staying at Castanea and thank's for your good words! Glad there now is a Castanea-standard:-). /Cecilia

« first « Prev 1 2 3