Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

The staff at Castanea were extremely friendly, helpful, and accommodating. My wife and I very much appreciate our positive interactions with the staff.

• 22nd Aug 2014

great for a cheap stay. Showers and toilets are clean. Nice Staff, very friendly.

• 22nd Aug 2014

We have just stayed one night but it was perfect for our family.

• 21st Aug 2014

Beautiful hostel! Super quiet, great location and awesome from any point of view! Only issue is that it doesn't offer much to help to meet new people. There's a common room and a common kitchen but they offer no reason to stay in there. For this reason everyone just goes out at night by him/herself. I definitely recommend Castanea if you're travelling with a group or if you just want to stay in a quiet place. Beds are really really comfortable. Remember to bring your own linens!

Clean, cosy and really well located! Wish we could have stayed longer! Will be recommending this place to everyone!

• 18th Aug 2014

great location in the middle of gamla stan.... I got a bottom bunk which always gets more points :) walking distance to everything and if its not, its walking distance to the train... only had one night here but it fit my needs perfectly

Great place just the 4 dorm room is too restricted for space.

• 15th Aug 2014

Ideally located in Stockholm to visit the city. Staff was very nice and peole were friendly. Go for it and you won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for a quiet and clean place to stay in central Stockholm, we can definitely recommend this place.

• 13th Aug 2014

First of all, the location can't be beat. Being in Old Town was a great experience! This is a very quiet hostel, so if that's the type you are looking for this is great. Also, the staff was excellent. I just have two suggestions. First off, there are no private lockers in the room (at least the one I was in) so your stuff will be exposed, I think that would be an easy addition to give travelers peace of mind. Second, there needs to be an easy way to contact staff for any late night issues.

Clean and comfortable stay in a central location. Castanea is located in the center of Old Town Stockholm, near several restaurants and shops. The staff was friendly, and after-hours check-in was very efficient.

Location is excellent. Staff are rarely on sight, so be sure to let them know when you are arriving as you will be locked out if you dont!!!

Lovely boutique hostel right in the centre of the old part of Stockholm. Very clean and homely. A quieter hostel that suits the traveller looking for a place that doesn't do pub crawls and late night drinking. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Absolute beauty and anazing

Hostel is absolutely central, in a nice old building, tastefully decorated inside. Showers and toilets plenty and good. Staff nice and responsive (on daytime), liked talking with Johanna. It is not the most social hostel imo. Kitchen and common room are nice and cozy, but not inviting enough that people want to hang out and socialize there - might be due to lack of windows in common room. No staff at night (but door code check-in works fine). Common room closed after 23:00 (to avoid noise).

very nice hostel, the location is in the old town of Stockholm surrounded are many cafes, bars and restaurants. Staff is really nice and friendly.

I was completely satisfied with Castanea. Trust me, I have been In hostels all around the world. This one is great. Clean, central, cosy, close to everything. And the amazing staff, congrats! We feel totally at ease there. Paula, a kiss for you. Carmo (Maria) machado, from Lisbon Portugal

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

I am very sorry to give a negative rate. this is due to the fact that the hostel does not accept guide/assistance dogs. Not allowing these dogs it is, in my opinion, a very discrminating act and ethically not acceptable.

It was an absolutely fantastic hostel, I couldn't recommend it enough! It's in the perfect situation in Gamla Stan, very central in the island so very quick and easy to get everywhere - then to walk to the other islands as well, it was perfectly situated. We didn't have to use the tunnelbana at all, everything was walking distance. Fantastic! It was also extremely clean, I was a bit dubious about sharing a bathroom, but it was incredibly clean! Brilliant staff and great value for money!

• 24th Jul 2014

The hostel was nice. I slept in the 16 bed dorm. It was good, however there was not too much space in the room. For a dance festival attendee who comes home late it was a bit difficult to be quiet when everybody else was sleeping but I managed. Most of the people went to bed at around 23 or 24. The door was noisy. The beds were Ikea metal bunk beds. If the beds were more steady, the other person sleeping on the other level would sleep better.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4