Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

One the best hostels I've been staying in. It's located in the heart of Stockholm Old Town, the most picturesque part of the city. It's very clean and the atmosphere is very nice. I liked to sit in the common room because it felt very homey. The staffs are all extremely nice and helpful. The part that I think can be improved is that the pillow could be a little thicker. It was too soft for me that I had to fold my blanket and use it as extra padding. But all in all, would definitely come again!

Great location. Cozy environment. Stayed at the 16-bed dormitory with my brother; it was clean, organized. Enjoyable stay and recommended!

• 10th Jan 2015

Wonderful hostel, like a home away from home! Quite, clean, had eveything you'll need! Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful; had many lists of things to see and do in the city! Thoroughly enjoyed my stay

• 10th Jan 2015

Great hostel in an awesome location. The kitchen is excellent and with heaps of free basics! Atmosphere was slow but it was the off season. Bedding cost extra and the reception had limited hours to check in. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

Very nice hostel in the best location..i unconditionally suggest it!!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Greece

Great location,very clean and generally a nice place to stay

• 29th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location is truly strategic but the pathway to the hostel is a bit slippery during winter. There should be a bigger sign board for the hostel to ease people to find the hostel during night time. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a good experience as a single traveler over Christmas. The common room was o.k., but it was sometimes a little boring. A little entertainment, e.g. a TV or video with subtitles and headphones could be a solution, because windows find only in the sleeping room. All in one I had a good experience because of the other guests and the personal. I will come back.

Very little to complain about. The hostel was in an excellent location in the Old Town - walkable to a nearby Metro station, and a slightly longer walk to Stockholm Main Station. Most of the main attractions in Stockholm are a walk away, and there's plenty of restaurants, etc in the Old Town (although expensive.)

It was really good staying at Castanea hostel. Very helpful and friendly Staff that makes you relax. Location is perfect for old town, well equiped kitchen you can prepare own food,So cute common room. For bad sides ; The room that ı stayed was a bit crowded, i would like to stay with females. And linen wasnt included .s.However it worths to stay there :).

Great Staff and the best location you could think of. It's close to a subway station which enables to go anywhere in town quite quickly. Party locations are not too far and if they are just take the metro. I'd recommend it to any backpacker 👍

i met a bunch of cool people here and we can talk and cook together here! it is one of my favorite hostel.

definitely one of the best hostels in stockholm, gamla stan is the perfect place to be. you are perfectly centered in the middle of the city and you can reach everything with the metro. the hostel atmosphere was super chilled and you got in contact with some nice people. all in all perfect for that price

• 21st Nov 2014

I'm a Swede who sometimes stay over in Stockholm. Where better than this place, right in the middle of things. The Old Town is where I always meet up with people for a cup of tea, the great Söder area just next to it. Superb cleanliness and very cost-worthy. It's not the most "fun" or unique hostel I've ever seen. They could perhaps have one all the way for Swedishness and had shoes-off inside the hostel :)

Great hostel in a great location, easy to walk to the city as well as other neighbourhoods/islands. Walked past the door when I first arrived so pay attention. I arrived at 2pm and had no problem checking in early. Lots of extension cords in the room (I stayed in the 16 bed dorm) so never a problem finding one. Bathrooms were clean though the water didn't get much better than lukewarm in the showers. Staff let me print a boarding pass with no problems, much appreciated!

Great that you liked the location and other things! We are happy to have the best guests. About the water in the showers. I have now spoken to the landlord, who will fix that right away. Thank you for letting us know! /Kind regards, Cecilia

Very comfortable and really clean hostel. Excellent location.

Small and cozy hostel in a great location in the old town. Not the cheapest, but reasonable for Sweden and the location. Biggest gripe is with staff - they are very nice, and answer phone calls/emails promptly. But their hours are so limited, I believe just two hours before lunch and three hours in the afternoon. It makes it difficult to check in, ask for assistance, and etc. Lower overhead is great, but five hours per day of onsite support is a bit ridiculous.

,Really nicely furnished and decorated. Beds were so comfy. Really enjoyed my stay here.

Perfect location and very very clean!

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel because it was so nice: you could easily get to know other people, the staff was extraordinary friendly and cared a lot about its guests. The rooms were clean and looked nice. Thanks to the women from the front desk with whom I had a talk on my last morning!

• 17th Oct 2014