Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

The location of this hotel is excellent, and the place is very clean and friendly. I hope to return in the future

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

My stay was really good. To be perfect, the checkin hours have to be more extended.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Limited reception hours. Small lockers.

Thank you for the warm welcome! We enjoyed Stockholm and our time at Castanea Hostel a lot! It is very comfy and quiet and we meet a lot of nice people there. Kitchen and bathrooms are very clean. Its a nice and comfortable atmosphere and the location of Castanea in Gamla Stan is just perfect.

• 18th Jun 2015

+ great location, secure, nice common area (no windows but warm lighting), good kitchen, clean, stable wifi - short reception hours, no use of common area after 11 pm, too few sinks / bathrooms (occupied a lot during rush times), extra fees to rent sheets (you can bring your own, but sleeping bags are not allowed) I had an unpleasant incident with an unfriendly (new?) employee, but all other staff were friendly and helpful. all in all certainly a good hostel.

A friend recommended the hostel from a previous stay. Great location, friendly staff (limited contact but still friendly), fair price (I had a double bed room for one person, otherwise it's good price). Kitchen and facilities were clean, well kept and the kitchen area was a definite bonus. I would definitely recommend this to any traveler heading to Stockholm.

• 15th Jun 2015

I had a great two day stay. The room and restrooms were clean. The place was kept immaculate (clean bathrooms, rooms, and kitchen). It felt more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel. I'm a little older so I was hesitant staying in a 'youth' hostel but there were families, professionals, and vacationers like me there. I flew in and the train between the airport and central station is a snap, and it's only a 10+ minute walk.

• 14th Jun 2015

We stayed 2 nights and it was really nice! The location is perfect and the room was good too. I would defenetely come again to this place! :)

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Castanea is a lovely, well mannered hostel. It would be perfect if it offered breakfast, but you can't have everything!

Very nice hostel situated in the heart of Stockholm`s old town Gamla Stan. Staff is very friendly and helpful!

Everything you need. Nice bed, showers, kitchen, common area. Nice place if you want to stay in a touristy area for cheap

• 27th May 2015

Great hostel in the central heart of Stockholm with good vibe. The workers are very helpful !

all was fine. The only thing is, that the quietness in a 16-bed-dorm is poor - but that's no surprise at all - and I am an very old senior ... Thats the only think why I would say it was not so very good. But next time I tr to book earlier an try to get a smaller room - that's all. So no real complain!

• 26th May 2015

I enjoyed a most pleasant visit; it is an elegant property and I would certainly stay there again.

Very good hostel !

Glad you think so! Welcome back whenever you are in Stockholm!

awesome location and the staff is very helpful

Loved it. Super location, lovely staff and clean!!! Will stay again!

Thank you for staying here and for your positivity! Hope you come back!

I really liked our stay at Castanea which is very well situated in Gamla Stan and has very clean facilities, no matter how many people stayed, which is remarkable. The only negative point would be the kitchen door and the toilet/shower door near the rooms 11 and 12, they are not closing quietly as others doors and if one doesn't hold the door back, it slams closed. This happended every time someone used the kitchen or this bathroom the whole night long and keeps you awake for a long time.

• 15th May 2015
  • Luxembourg

It's so good you liked your stay at Castanea! Sorry about the doors to kitchen and showers, we will try to adjust them. Kind regards, Cecilia

very talkative staff..

I enjoyed staying at this hostel. It was clean, quiet and the staff was helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4