Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

Four of us (all men from England, 31-35) stayed at Castanea in early July. It is a very accommodating and comfortable place with very friendly and helpful staff which is a must for a modern hostel. It is perfectly situated in Gamla Stan for walks to the Old Town sites and restaurants. It is also well placed for trips into Sodermalm and Ostermalm. All in all a very good hostel. The only let downs were a very slow internet connection and a lack of social atmosphere maybe just due to when we went.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Super nice staffs Perfect location Cozy, comfortable room If you want relaxing, this is your place. One more thing! Rent a citybikes and bike everywhere!! Ask any staffs for nice places to go with bike. It was awesome. Do not spend much time for just exploring the city. Go far from the city with your bike.

The location of this hotel is excellent, and the place is very clean and friendly. I hope to return in the future

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

We also hope you will return! Thank you for this time!

My stay was really good. To be perfect, the checkin hours have to be more extended.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Happy you hade a good stay!

I could come back here anytime, the best thing about castanea is the staff and their friendly nature. The atmosphere of stockholme is something not to miss ;)

Limited reception hours. Small lockers.

Thank you for staying at Castanea! Since this is a small hostel we are not able to have reception open 24/7. As written in the confirmation - just contact us before arrival and we will prepare everything for you. And now: New lockers, biggger and better :-)

Thank you for the warm welcome! We enjoyed Stockholm and our time at Castanea Hostel a lot! It is very comfy and quiet and we meet a lot of nice people there. Kitchen and bathrooms are very clean. Its a nice and comfortable atmosphere and the location of Castanea in Gamla Stan is just perfect.

• 18th Jun 2015

Thank you and welcome back next time in Stockholm!

+ great location, secure, nice common area (no windows but warm lighting), good kitchen, clean, stable wifi - short reception hours, no use of common area after 11 pm, too few sinks / bathrooms (occupied a lot during rush times), extra fees to rent sheets (you can bring your own, but sleeping bags are not allowed) I had an unpleasant incident with an unfriendly (new?) employee, but all other staff were friendly and helpful. all in all certainly a good hostel.

Your kind words warms! But sorry one in the staff not gave you with the same warmth and kindness. We strive to meet our guests with friendliness, glad you met it from others here.

A friend recommended the hostel from a previous stay. Great location, friendly staff (limited contact but still friendly), fair price (I had a double bed room for one person, otherwise it's good price). Kitchen and facilities were clean, well kept and the kitchen area was a definite bonus. I would definitely recommend this to any traveler heading to Stockholm.

• 15th Jun 2015

Your recommendation means a lot to us at Castanea. Thank you!

I had a great two day stay. The room and restrooms were clean. The place was kept immaculate (clean bathrooms, rooms, and kitchen). It felt more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel. I'm a little older so I was hesitant staying in a 'youth' hostel but there were families, professionals, and vacationers like me there. I flew in and the train between the airport and central station is a snap, and it's only a 10+ minute walk.

• 14th Jun 2015

Thank you for your stay! We're happy you enjoyed it :-)

We stayed 2 nights and it was really nice! The location is perfect and the room was good too. I would defenetely come again to this place! :)

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Castanea is a lovely, well mannered hostel. It would be perfect if it offered breakfast, but you can't have everything!

Very nice hostel situated in the heart of Stockholm`s old town Gamla Stan. Staff is very friendly and helpful!

Everything you need. Nice bed, showers, kitchen, common area. Nice place if you want to stay in a touristy area for cheap

• 27th May 2015

Great hostel in the central heart of Stockholm with good vibe. The workers are very helpful !

all was fine. The only thing is, that the quietness in a 16-bed-dorm is poor - but that's no surprise at all - and I am an very old senior ... Thats the only think why I would say it was not so very good. But next time I tr to book earlier an try to get a smaller room - that's all. So no real complain!

• 26th May 2015

I enjoyed a most pleasant visit; it is an elegant property and I would certainly stay there again.

Very good hostel !

Glad you think so! Welcome back whenever you are in Stockholm!

awesome location and the staff is very helpful

Loved it. Super location, lovely staff and clean!!! Will stay again!

Thank you for staying here and for your positivity! Hope you come back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4