Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

2099 Total Reviews

Nice place for a reasonable Price. We were in a doubl room, simple but comfortable and clean. It has a window which help because they are in the ground floor. The staff was helpful and nice and the services were clean. Nice place.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Hi, I' m glad you had a really good stay and think we are nice. Kindly Lotta

Perfect place to stay in Stockholm, the staffs were extremely friendly, the place is very clean and the location is perfect!

Thank you, thank you! You forgot we have the perfect guests, we actually have :). /kindly Lotta

Very good location but i would preffer to stay more close to the city center.

• 8th Mar 2014

Hi there, thank you for your review. Most of our guests say we have an amazing location AND are close to everything - waliking distance. Hope you had the best time in Stockholm! Kindly Lotta

A little bit noisy because of thin walls. Nice bathrooms.

Great hostel! Awesome location, very clean/quiet with everything you need for an enjoyable stay in Stockholm!

• 27th Feb 2014

Thank you, lovely to hear. Kindly Lotta

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in - found the notes in the kitchen about the firemen particularly funny and LOVED the underfloor heating in the showers. The whole place was great with decent social areas and a really great location given that it was in the middle of the old town at the top of the hill - easy to find after a night out but also absolutely stunning and really serene.

• 27th Feb 2014

Thank you! Haha, yes our little notes... they are fun to write also! Kindly Lotta

I can't fault it. A lovely place to stay, in a great location. Staff are also very friendly and helpful.

• 25th Feb 2014

Ah, thats all we can wish for! It was a pleasure having you, Kindly Lotta

The hostel is very cosy and family-like. The receptionist is very nice and warm-hearted. The kitchen is awesome, well-equipped with free, clean plates, pots, a ovenµ-oven. If i have to say something negative, i'm supposed to mention that the hostel do not provide free sheets which are charged for around 60kr. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay in the hostel. Ling

• 24th Feb 2014
  • China

I'm glad you had a nice time staying here! / Kindly Lotta

The location of the hostel is amazing you have the cathedral, nobel museum and palace on your doorstep.

• 21st Feb 2014

I agree, our location is fantastic, amazing and simply enchanting. The need of travel by anythings but your legs is unnecessary when staying at Castanea. Glad you where happy with your stay here. Kindly Lotta

Great location right near the royal palace and a plethora of shops, bakeries and bars. Stayed in the 12 person dorm, no issues. Security code for the whole hostel and another for each room. Staff was extremely friendly and I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone planning a trip to Stockholm.

Thank you for your words and recommendation! Kindly Lotta

I've stayed at many hostels in Sweden and a few just in Stockholm alone. Castanea is one of my favorites and I actually look forward to staying here when I stop in Stockholm on my travels. It's clean over all Clean sheets and bedding Plenty of bathrooms very secure great reception staff BRILLIANT LOCATION I will always book at Castanea when in Stockholm

We love to be one of you favorites and are looking forward to you next stay. Welcome back! /Kindly Lotta

$50 for the sheet. Located at old town, 20min walk to train station. Nice common room.

We are happy you liked the common room. Here guests from many countries meet :-)

Good hostel in great location in Stockholm, in a walking distance from the main interest points. It is very neutral in character. Something I didn't like is the fact that check-in should be done strictly within a really short window of time in the middle of the arrival day, that is a unconvenience if you arrive early. I also didn't like that bed sheets are charged separately, very uncommon these days.

The hostel is really nice and very conveniently located, close to aTunnelbana station. It's really quite and tastefully decored. The only negative point is that you have to bring your own bedsheets. If not you are charged 100 SEK for sheets that's definitely too much.

Thank you for your nice words about Castanea hostel! The reason you have to pay (65 SEK for sheets and towel) for the bed sheets is that many of our guests want to keep their budget down by bringing their own bed linen. They are happy for the option. Welcome again to Castanea!

Very nice chilled hostel, we stayed in twin private room, which was quite small. No breakfast included, or we got up too late :)

We had a great time at Castanea. Everything was always very clean and the staff was nice and helpful. They have a very well equipped kitchen and you can use whatever food other guests have left (they mark what you can use, and it sometimes is a lot of things!). The location couldn't be better, right in Gamla Stan, a very quiet and cozy street, and very easy to find. Thank you for making us feel so comfortable!

Thank you for your nice review! We are really happy you had a good time in Stockholm and at Castanea! Welcome back!

Best hostel I've stayed in. The best staff, too. Fully equipped kitchen. So beautiful, the area, too.

• 12th Jan 2014

Quite small room, quite uncomfortable light. the rest was ok

I would recommend Castanea to anyone looking to stay in Stockholm. The hostel had a very 'homey' feel, it was comfortable and had great facilities.

• 4th Jan 2014

A lovely stuff is working there! The hostel it is so nice and cosy. You get the feeling of beeing at home, like your little flat with friends in Stockholm.

• 31st Dec 2013