Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

It was really good staying at Castanea hostel. Very helpful and friendly Staff that makes you relax. Location is perfect for old town, well equiped kitchen you can prepare own food,So cute common room. For bad sides ; The room that ı stayed was a bit crowded, i would like to stay with females. And linen wasnt included .s.However it worths to stay there :).

Great Staff and the best location you could think of. It's close to a subway station which enables to go anywhere in town quite quickly. Party locations are not too far and if they are just take the metro. I'd recommend it to any backpacker 👍

i met a bunch of cool people here and we can talk and cook together here! it is one of my favorite hostel.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • China

definitely one of the best hostels in stockholm, gamla stan is the perfect place to be. you are perfectly centered in the middle of the city and you can reach everything with the metro. the hostel atmosphere was super chilled and you got in contact with some nice people. all in all perfect for that price

• 21st Nov 2014

I'm a Swede who sometimes stay over in Stockholm. Where better than this place, right in the middle of things. The Old Town is where I always meet up with people for a cup of tea, the great Söder area just next to it. Superb cleanliness and very cost-worthy. It's not the most "fun" or unique hostel I've ever seen. They could perhaps have one all the way for Swedishness and had shoes-off inside the hostel :)

Great hostel in a great location, easy to walk to the city as well as other neighbourhoods/islands. Walked past the door when I first arrived so pay attention. I arrived at 2pm and had no problem checking in early. Lots of extension cords in the room (I stayed in the 16 bed dorm) so never a problem finding one. Bathrooms were clean though the water didn't get much better than lukewarm in the showers. Staff let me print a boarding pass with no problems, much appreciated!

Great that you liked the location and other things! We are happy to have the best guests. About the water in the showers. I have now spoken to the landlord, who will fix that right away. Thank you for letting us know! /Kind regards, Cecilia

Very comfortable and really clean hostel. Excellent location.

Small and cozy hostel in a great location in the old town. Not the cheapest, but reasonable for Sweden and the location. Biggest gripe is with staff - they are very nice, and answer phone calls/emails promptly. But their hours are so limited, I believe just two hours before lunch and three hours in the afternoon. It makes it difficult to check in, ask for assistance, and etc. Lower overhead is great, but five hours per day of onsite support is a bit ridiculous.

,Really nicely furnished and decorated. Beds were so comfy. Really enjoyed my stay here.

Perfect location and very very clean!

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel because it was so nice: you could easily get to know other people, the staff was extraordinary friendly and cared a lot about its guests. The rooms were clean and looked nice. Thanks to the women from the front desk with whom I had a talk on my last morning!

• 17th Oct 2014

This place was amazing! The staff was incredibly welcoming. They gave you everything you could ever need to enjoy your trip for free :) they saw my friend and I were wet from the rain and asked if we needed an umbrella. Such a contrast to many hostels! If i'm ever in Prague again I will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• 16th Oct 2014

If you are on a business trip, this will be a huge disappointment. First you will be tossed into a drafty basement by an arrogant soccer-bro, only because you travel on your own. No doubt, it is clean and the atmosphere is great, but -15C in the early fall is a bit too cold to sleep in. The reason for this, is that the hostel is basically autonomous: the staff ditches clients for all time except 15-19. The walls are paper-thin, and if you are "lucky" with neighbors, they will keep you up.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Russia

Sorry you were disappointed! Wish you have told us, so we could have helped you and give you another room. Don't be to timid next time :-) Still we do not have any rooms in the basement, but rooms on the ground floor. We have many returning guests who want to stay in the ground floor rooms, since they are calm and really nice rooms.

Great location. In the heart of Old Town, it makes the rest of the city accessible by walk. The hostel was very clean, modern, and had plenty of space. Reception staff is only there for 6 hours a day, which can make it difficult if you need something, but they are very friendly people. Not much atmosphere- was a very quiet hostel. Also, renting sheets, duvet cover, and towel costs about $10. Overall, I would recommend and definitely stay there again.

Very quiet, but so is most of Stockholm, essentially in the Old Town

• 3rd Oct 2014

If you just need a place to sleep for a layover in Stockholm, this place is pretty perfect : located perfectly (you can walk to everywhere from here), cheap and clean !

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Very cheap compared to Swedish standards, extremely clean, great common kitchen with everything that you can possibly need, extremely friendly stuff.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Everything was excellent. Great cute hostel,Castanea old town hostel, very helpful and super nice front desk personal.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Great location! Everything very clean! They have a kitchen.. not to many people at the hostel wich was nice. Rooms too small, dificulty to carrie the luggage with weals from de old town streets.... the reception closes early so its kind of complicated if you need anything.

• 30th Sep 2014

Great location and cool to stay in the old town of stockholm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5