Castaway's Backpackers Cairns Reviews

Po Box 5648, 207 Sheridan Street, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

The hostel wasn't overly clean, but not disgustingly dirty, if that makes sense. The a/c in the room is coin operated. The bathrooms could use a little shelf for convenience, but no big deal. The pool is pretty nice. Kitchen facilities are pretty nice and the dorm had a mini fridge. Location is pretty far but they offer plenty of shuttles into town. The staff is extremely friendly! They definitely made the stay worth it.

This hostel has a homely feel and it's easy to meet people. The staff are really nice, especially Sarah (the Scottish girl) who helped us out. There aren't lockers in the rooms though.

The best Hostel I stayed in Australia!!! Super nice staff, always helpful and they help you finding the best trips around Cairns. Everything was really clean and the rooms were big! I had a 4-bed female dorm without bunk beds!!! Free wifi was good. One hitch is that it's not in the CBD , but the staff drives you to there or you go for a walk (20 minutes). I had a great time there, everything was perfekt! I wish I could have stayed longer!!

Good clean place, value for money, has air con which is quite necessary for cairn's hot weather

• 20th Nov 2013