Castaway's Backpackers Cairns Reviews

Po Box 5648, 207 Sheridan Street, Cairns, Australia

Castaways was amazing to me. When I arrived, the girl who helped me was so nice, she helped me to get my luggage in my room. Because I was tired from my early flight we could arrange the checking afterwards, she told me. I wanted to get it over with anyway so we checked me in and did the payments. Directly after that, I got a map of the city where she highlighted the best spots to go and the things I could do in cairns. Plus no bunk beds! And free wifi. Plus eating with everybody else. 👍👌

The hostel wasn't overly clean, but not disgustingly dirty, if that makes sense. The a/c in the room is coin operated. The bathrooms could use a little shelf for convenience, but no big deal. The pool is pretty nice. Kitchen facilities are pretty nice and the dorm had a mini fridge. Location is pretty far but they offer plenty of shuttles into town. The staff is extremely friendly! They definitely made the stay worth it.

This hostel has a homely feel and it's easy to meet people. The staff are really nice, especially Sarah (the Scottish girl) who helped us out. There aren't lockers in the rooms though.