Castaways Backpackers Cairns

Fabulous 363 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 363 Total Reviews

14th Apr 2017

Absolutely top notch hostel! I only spent a few nights here but was incredibly impressed. The staff was wonderful and very helpful! Very clean rooms and very clean bathrooms (not a hair in sight in the showers!). In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of hostels overall...but this one is definitely one of the best that I've ever stayed at.

• England, Couple, 18-24
10th Apr 2017

Had a brilliant stay here, staff were lovely and friendly! :) the BBQ on Sunday was delicious. Just a brilliant atmosphere all round :D

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
6th Apr 2017

Excellent 👌🏽

• Germany, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

It's a really nice Hostel. The staff was super friendly and nice. I really liked the atmosphere and the pooltable was a nice place for socializing. I very recommend this Hostel.

17th Mar 2017

Great place to stay! Very clean and friendly staff. Highly recommended.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Mar 2017

Owner is lovely and nice pool

• Canada, Female, 25-30
26th Feb 2017

This hostel is about a 15 or 20 minute walk to town, but that is the only fault. They will drive you to town. The owners are great and the hostel was social. I went on an awesome waterfall trip and to the bar for cheap pizza and drinks with other hostel members. The owners really look out for us and want to make sure we have a great time! Thanks!!

• England, Female, 41+
22nd Feb 2017

Castaways is a great place to stay. I had my own room en suite, clean, comfortable, owner and staff friendly and couldn't do enough to look after their guests. Amenities good, well stocked kitchen, free tea/coffee, laundry room, movie room, billiard table, and it was never too much trouble to ferry guests too and from the hostel to excursions/airport etc. Would I stay there again, definitely and I will recommend it to everyone.

• England, Female, 25-30
19th Feb 2017
5.4

I wished I had paid a bit extra to stay at another hostel. The room was dirty. The bathroom was constantly flooded from the showers. And the kitchen was - well let's say I refused to cook whilst I was there. Didn't trust the pans and think I could have been ill from cooking there. Staff were helpful when I had to leave for a early plane. But that's as far as it goes. I very much doubt I will stay there again when I'm back in Cairns

16th Feb 2017

Owners Wayne and Helen were excellent as were staff Janet and Kim. They went out of their way to make our stay as a family of four really wonderful. Kitchen had everything we needed. The pool was clean and fun; the upstairs deck has a giant tv with Wii set up, a dart board and a gentle breeze; the movie lounge was comfortable and had great Air Con; the room and bathrooms were wonderfully clean. Their regular shuttle into the downtown made the location work out. Highly recommend.