Castel Chambres Reviews

Castel Chambres Avenue du château de MALVES, Malves en Minervois, Carcassonne, France

fantastic and serviceminded personnell. the hostel is located outside carcassonne about 10-15 min drive. i recommend the cheap breakfast.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Located in a nice quiet village near Carcassonne this hostel was my favourite in France! They were kind enough to pick me up from the train station and drop me off again which was really appreciated and unexpected from a hostel!! In fact, all the people at the hostel made an effort to help whenever possible. If you are from the countryside, or looking to get away from the city then you will love it here! I would definitely recommend it, and if I go back to the area I would stay here again!!

Pretty hard to find. If its late at night there's no one and you have to call the owner. The building is really nice though and it's also a short drive away from Carcassonne. Overall good, simple and traditional, it's in a small town.

This hostel is not in Carcassonne but in a village next to it. You can go there by bus. Since my bus didn't come the owner even picked me up! She is really nice and helpful and really helps you to make your stay worthwhile. You can lend a bike there and go to Carcassonne or visit the surroundings. I really liked it there and already think of coming back!

The problem with that hostel is that its far away from everything. It is in a small village that doesn't have a single restaurant, there is only a small grocery store in there. But the staff was the most friendly from all the hostels I've ever been. They would literally do everything to help us, including getting us a ride on a holiday since there was no bus in there.

It was a very nice and easy stay. We could cook in our kitchen and keep food refrigerated. The owner was really friendly and he helped us with advice on places to visit. It is not far from Carcassonne, and a good starting point for other places to visit.

Would definately stay again. Was so well looked after. Even picked up from bus stop and dropped back there next day. Very close to Carcassonne. Cost €1 for bus ticket and hostel make it very easy getting to and from. Lovely family. Excellent email contact before hand organising how to get there etcetera. The heaters were even already on in room before I arrived so lovely and warm. Have to mention bathroom in the room was nicer than hotels Ive stayed at. Very pretty. Thanks again! Emma.

View all Carcassonne Bed and Breakfasts