Castello's Tourist Nest Reviews

Benaulim, Goa, India

This place is a must visit. Very chilled out and the beach is nice and quiet, a nice change from Anjuna and Bags. My boyfriend was unfortunately really ill when we stayed here and the staff looked after him, offering him their own blankets when he had a fever. Mr. Castello is very cool and was really chilled out about our check out time. Would definitely come again.

• 2nd Jan 2015

dear sir when i reached at hotel they said that your booking is not confirmed after arguement half hour i left that hotel and take stay on another hotel this was my first and last booking from hostelworld .com still i dindt anything against hostel world. com

After seeing the condition of this place, I just checked out. Never stayed in this place. This place is horrible. Person in charge is rude. He specifically said Indians are very demanding and that's why he don't like to give them rooms. He said it because when I asked for wifi connection. He said foreign tourist will even sleep on the floor if required, they have no issues and I should not be very demanding about facilities, which I think is not true.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • India

I inform you all other tourist people do not go there because they kicked us out and did not talk o us property and all this is SCAM and Bad people are drunk and shout at us and yelling at us.. We came late cos of train problem due the fogs etc in North india and I tried to explained to them and they did not care and they have no right to give our room away when it is not 24 hours yet.. They gave our room to some one else as it was supposed o be hold till 24 hours.. Bad people and bad website

• 27th Dec 2014

The room in the guesthouse isn't nice, however it seems that everbody is able to move on to one of the beach huts after one night. The beach huts are very basic (no hot shower), but located on the beach and have everything you need. You won't spend much time indoors anyway, just for sleeping and the shower.

We called the hotel up 2 hours before reaching. And we were told that our booking has been cancelled. Nothing was communicated to us regarding this. We had to book new hotel in a hurry 4 times costlier. Pathetic service.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • India

Decent enough considering how cheap it is. Could do with being a little bit cleaner (lots of cobwebs, peeling paint). Little things like a bin in the room somewhere and a mat to step onto outside the shower would be nice. Not terribly close to the beach but easy to find.

I was in a beach hut with a bathroom ensuite, it was AMAZING! Hot water, real shower, the cleanest bathroom I had my entire 3 week trip in India. It was great! I did see the beach huts with bathrooms not connected, not as great, but still nice, so try and request one with bathroom ensuite. Felix (the owner) is a cool guy! He volunteered to take us to the train station and helped with our bags and let us check in early. They have wi-fi. The location is right on the beach, GREAT PLACE!

Apparently the owner doesn't like Indians. If you are an Indian DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR! Don't book!. The owner is really very rude, no wifi (even though its advertised) . Say one wrong thing to the owner an he will yell at you!!! He gets annoyed with the smallest of things. He literally behaved in a way as I was intending for a free stay at his place. That's not a way to be behave. Not worth the headache. We are young and adventitious but this was just not the experience we expected.

• 8th Dec 2014
  • India

The guys always caused trouble by making late night parties and disturbing the other guests if you are indian and wanting the parties please do not book here in cheap accomodation where mostly europeans hang around please go up north goa where the parties are.The guys even vomitted in the room consuming alcohol.

Fantastic place for a short, medium or a long stay. 100m from a beach, the best part of area, not so croudly and not so touristic as other parts of a beach. Very nice and helpfull owner, Regards Mr. Castello, hope to come back to your place again!

Stayd at Castellos for 19 days in a beach hut and it was very nice. worth every penny. Staff also very helpful. I recommend this place!

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Finland

We had a wonderful time here! Basic, simple accommodation in the perfect location. The staff were so friendly and accommodating and even locked our valuables away for us. The bonus was free Wifi! We will definitely be returning if we re visit Goa.

View all Goa Bed and Breakfasts