Castello's Tourist Nest Reviews

Benaulim, Goa, India

The guy Savio was initially very rude on phone and in person. He literally behaved in a way as I was intending for a free stay at his place. That's not a way to be behave with guests. Later on with mutual talks I found him nice from heart. May be he was just disturbed because of some personal reasons. The beds in the room had wasps and the mosquito nets were full of flies. Even the toilet did not have hot water and had spider webs. The place and surroundings are although nice, good and secured.

I am staying in the beach shacks which are basic but brilliant.The staff are lovely and as an elderly woman travelling alone,I feel safe annd I am going to stay for 3 more weeks

I stayed in a beach hut and facilities were very basic but for the cost I expected this and it definitely did the trick as I simply wanted to stay somewhere near Madgaon train station. The beach on which my hut was located next to was amazing at sunset and they had a nice little restaurant in which to chill out in in the evenings. One of the staff members took me down to the station on the back of his scooter in time for my train which was a great help.

We stayed here over New years eve and were afraid because of other reviews that we have to pay more or do not get a coconut hut or something like that. but everything worked out perfectly and we had a wonderful time for only 200 Rupieper night per Person!

• 30th Dec 2013

Owner Mr.castello was a great guy , he almost met us every day and enquired about our well being . Sweet and simple family person. Castello's nest is the best for budget accomodation .

• 27th Dec 2013
  • India

We stayed here in December 2013 for 2 nights, basically it's as shed at the bottom of his garden and not a very nice one at that. You turn up and see his lovely Portuguese style house only to realise you're round the back of his garden. There are two rooms here, not clean not nice at all, horrendous in fact. We've been traveling India for 12 weeks now and this Is the worst place. Please don't stay here, you can easily turn up to Benaulim and find a nice room. He wasn't the nicest of men either.

The coco huts were in a fantastic location right on Benaulim Beach. There are some cheap places to eat just along the beach and even cheaper ones in town which is a 10min walk away. The rooms were spacious with a fan, mozzie net and ensuite bathroom. Make sure to bring insect repellent though as we still got bitten quite a bit even with the net. Overall, great place and we wish we had more than the 3 days we spent there.

View all Goa Bed and Breakfasts