Castillo Surfista Hostel Reviews

Calle Maria Luisa Santander 0329, Santiago, Chile

Really cute spot! friendly guests. the staff was super helpful. there was parking available right there. they had a barbecue the night we stayed

Great hostel, with an exceptional atmosphere. Good chill areas, and superfriendly staff make this hostel absolutely awesome!

Thanks for the compliments!!! With guests like you its just as fun for us!

Stayed here several times and always a good place to stay with friendly helpful staff

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Castillo Surfista Hostel has a friendly atmosphere, with great facilities and wonderful staff. I definitely enjoyed my stay here. Thank you!

Great place to stay with really friendly staff. not far from Bella Vista region for nights out. Great facilities for cooking and relaxing, but beware of Duke, the resident dog. He is lovely but can get a bit excited excited at times. I liked it, so I returned after a weekend away in Valparaio.

Great location in a lovely chill neighborhood. The hostel has a relaxed atmosphere with a perfect courtyard for getting to know people, relaxing, and barbeques. Fairly clean facilities. Staff were fun and frendly people. Shoutout to Orianna who was always willing to help even on her downtime. Good hostel, go there!

• 21st Jan 2015

Still getting their game on... They speak English more likely than EspaNol. The quiet neighborhood is really a boon to a good night''s sleep.

thanks for the compliments! Safe travels!

pretty nice place to stay, would definitely come back!

Cool house and great location. Had a great Christmas here and met lots of likeminded people. Duke (dog) rules the garden which is a shame as would be cool to eat out there a bit more. That said would definitely recommend this place

I've stayed 3 days in the hostel and everything was fine. Good breakfast, friendly staff, good shower and a very well location, close to the center, Belavista district, the "cerros" and the subway. Highly recommend.

Great hostel in a nice building. An old house, so it has charms and downsides. Nothing too bad. A lot of signs everywhere with rules and information. Guess it's to help the guests, but it's seems like a little too much to me. Overall a great place to stay! And we loved the dog!

Thanks for the compliments! I hate a lot of signs too. But the few we have are absolutely necessary. Trust me :) Safe travels!

Great hostel! Super helpful staff & very clean

• 16th Dec 2014

Thanks for the compliments!! Safe Travels!!!!

This is a good hostel. Location is decent, facilities are good, rooms are clean and secure. The kitchen is nice and well-equipped, and there are a couple of good common spaces which make for a good atmosphere. The staff weren't especially outgoing or helpful during my stay but did all that was required.

Nice hostel with lots of areas for hanging out. On a very loud street and the other guests (at least in my room) stayed up all night partying very loudly.

Thanks for the compliments! We don´t consider ourselves a party hostel and it sounds as though had some noisy roommates that came back late but unfortunately that comes with staying in a shared dorm. Hope you visit us again and give us another chance!! Safe travels!

Pretty average hostel, nothing special.

Greetings. Your comment bums us out a little :( Maybe you were seeking one of the big party hostels?? Safe travels

As last time - our stay was excellent.

What can I say? It is really nice hostel with good location (12 minutes from metro station). Staff was very helpful. Rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Patio is comfortable, kitchen also. One (and only) minus was the creaking stairs and floor in the rooms. I can recommend this hostel for people who looking for a comfortable and calm place to stay in Santiago.

The hostel is very nice and the breakfast is delicious (we loved the pancakes) but the dog drove us crazy by licking everybody's face and trying to eat our socks....

Greetings. I, the owner, was away on vacation during your stay and the dog maybe have been a little more anxious than normal with me gone. Licking faces is usually not his thing, but eating socks is another story… Safe travels!

This hostel has a great environment, with a friendly, social atmosphere. The facilities are good, the staff is great, and they have the cutest dog. However, with an early morning ahead of us, the courtyard was quite noisy next to our room. Other than that night, we greatly enjoyed our time here.

I loved this hostel! I booked for one night and ended up staying a week... Very well located, and the atmosphere was unique.. it has big common areas and everyone was chilling in the patio together where we also had a barbecue and movie night. It's very clean, installations are good and the beds super comfy, but what i liked the most was that Jon the owner was super helpful and accommodating and all the staff very nice, friendly and always around in case you need something! Highly recommended!

• 11th Nov 2014