Castillo Surfista Hostel

9.2
Superb 463 Total Reviews

• Italy, Female, 31-40
2nd Feb 2017

I had a great stay here. I stayed two nights in the private room and one in the dorm. It feels like staying at home as it's a house itself. There is a kitchen where you can cook your meals. Nearby there is a supermarket and the metro station Baquedano is nor far away. I payed in cash, so bring your money. The breakfast is ok...some toast bread or waffle,jams and tea&coffee and maybe some fruits. the area is safe and nearby you have the Bellavista Barrio.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
31st Jan 2017

This hostel is in a nice and safe neighbourhood in Santiago. It is clean. They have maps and all the info you need about the city. Nice area outside to chill with the dog. The only small downsides are that the breakfast isn't amazing and the lockers are for a 30L backpack max but this doesn't really matter as the hostel is small and safe!

• Germany, Male, 31-40
25th Jan 2017

Lovely place in a lovely neighborhood. A lot of common areas and a nice garden, especially if compared to the number of rooms and beds. And there were usually some people chilling or partying, so it never got boring. Owner and staff (incl some travelers temporarily working there) were all nice and helpful and cheerful. Friendly hungry dog does exist, but the hostel was upgraded and he cannot get inside - so don't worry! WiFi could be better, but is compensated by the overall good vibe.

• USA, Female, 31-40
18th Jan 2017

This is the most pleasant hostel I've stayed at in Santiago. It's located in a quiet and peaceful neighborhood, while being within walking distance from the metro station and restaurants, etc. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. They even allowed my boyfriend and I to keep our luggage in their storage space after checking out of our room as we still had several hours to kill before leaving town, which I thought was really nice of them. We'll definitely come back in the future!

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
17th Jan 2017

In a nice neighborhood. Kitchen is small but has all you need. Basically a big old house so not many bathrooms but didn't have to wait for a shower. Staff were ready friendly and helpful.

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
16th Jan 2017
7.1

The location is very nice. Centrally located, quiet and in a nice neighborhood. Metro stations are within 5 to 10min walking. For us Internet only worked well in the common area. Simple breakfast with yoghurt, waffles and toast (if not run out of) and fruits (mostly banana).

15th Jan 2017

Enjoyed my stay at Castillo Surfista despite only being there one night. The place was clean and staff friendly altho not v knowledgeable about hostel or surrounding area. The facilities were great generally, however wifi could have been better, struggled under the load at peak times. The security was great and location couldn't be better and I'd definitely recommend staying there.

14th Jan 2017

I loved staying in this hostel! The location was great and the hostel was very comfortable, but the best part had to be the staff. They were all fantastic! I would have rated them even higher if possible. All in all, I had a great time!

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
14th Jan 2017

Some people before said, the wifi was bad, but it was working pretty well during my stay. Comfy beds. It's a very social place and you can sit together in the patio. Inform them if you arrive early or late, because there's noone at the reception to let you in. I would book it again.

7th Jan 2017

BEST.HOSTEL.EVER. Seriously: if I could stay more in Chile I would just live in this hostel. Cool place, clean, super social. I loved everything about it.