Castillo Surfista Hostel Reviews

Calle Maria Luisa Santander 0329, Santiago, Chile

Still getting their game on... They speak English more likely than EspaNol. The quiet neighborhood is really a boon to a good night''s sleep.

thanks for the compliments! Safe travels!

Be aware when staying over New Year. We booked in July and when we got there were told that our booking was cancelled which now would cost us nearly 3 times more to stay. Funny that the room was still available though. We had no choice but to pay that amount. It happened to other travelers as well that booked through hostelworld.

Cool house and great location. Had a great Christmas here and met lots of likeminded people. Duke (dog) rules the garden which is a shame as would be cool to eat out there a bit more. That said would definitely recommend this place

I've stayed 3 days in the hostel and everything was fine. Good breakfast, friendly staff, good shower and a very well location, close to the center, Belavista district, the "cerros" and the subway. Highly recommend.

Great hostel in a nice building. An old house, so it has charms and downsides. Nothing too bad. A lot of signs everywhere with rules and information. Guess it's to help the guests, but it's seems like a little too much to me. Overall a great place to stay! And we loved the dog!

Thanks for the compliments! I hate a lot of signs too. But the few we have are absolutely necessary. Trust me :) Safe travels!

Great hostel! Super helpful staff & very clean

• 16th Dec 2014

Thanks for the compliments!! Safe Travels!!!!

This is a good hostel. Location is decent, facilities are good, rooms are clean and secure. The kitchen is nice and well-equipped, and there are a couple of good common spaces which make for a good atmosphere. The staff weren't especially outgoing or helpful during my stay but did all that was required.

Nice hostel with lots of areas for hanging out. On a very loud street and the other guests (at least in my room) stayed up all night partying very loudly.

Thanks for the compliments! We don´t consider ourselves a party hostel and it sounds as though had some noisy roommates that came back late but unfortunately that comes with staying in a shared dorm. Hope you visit us again and give us another chance!! Safe travels!

Pretty average hostel, nothing special.

Greetings. Your comment bums us out a little :( Maybe you were seeking one of the big party hostels?? Safe travels

As last time - our stay was excellent.

What can I say? It is really nice hostel with good location (12 minutes from metro station). Staff was very helpful. Rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Patio is comfortable, kitchen also. One (and only) minus was the creaking stairs and floor in the rooms. I can recommend this hostel for people who looking for a comfortable and calm place to stay in Santiago.

The hostel is very nice and the breakfast is delicious (we loved the pancakes) but the dog drove us crazy by licking everybody's face and trying to eat our socks....

Greetings. I, the owner, was away on vacation during your stay and the dog maybe have been a little more anxious than normal with me gone. Licking faces is usually not his thing, but eating socks is another story… Safe travels!

I loved this hostel! I booked for one night and ended up staying a week... Very well located, and the atmosphere was unique.. it has big common areas and everyone was chilling in the patio together where we also had a barbecue and movie night. It's very clean, installations are good and the beds super comfy, but what i liked the most was that Jon the owner was super helpful and accommodating and all the staff very nice, friendly and always around in case you need something! Highly recommended!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Spain

My second stay here in a month so yes, I loved it. Providencia is a great area, quiet, safe yet only 20 mins to Bellas Artes area on foot. Supermarket and vegetarian cafe 5 mins walk and the park. Staff are awesome :-)

Overall, our experience here was mediocre. It was very clean, cheaper than most places, and had good breakfast. Otherwise, we were largely disappointed. We found John, the owner, to be neither welcoming or helpful. He did seem more inclined to help and somewhat cheerful if he was dealing with a female. The rest of the staff seemed to follow suit and were hesitant to be anything more than luke warm and marginally helpful. Most questions we asked of them, they needed google to answer.

Sorry guys you asked me some questions about the coast and I used google to show you a map and point out some coastal stops, spending a good bit of time giving you tips although your questions were kind of vague I admit. Like any hostel we have some young new staff that are a bit shy but are doing their best to learn the ropes an provide information. As you can see from previous reviews we really are here to help in any way we can and once again I´m sorry and I wish you a safe journey.

I loved the Surfista.... beautiful house, quiet street yet near to the metro ,shops and restaurants, great atmosphere

Very beautiful and relaxing place. Super clean and nice facilities. The staff were kind and helpful. More peaceful atmosphere than party atmosphere. Great spot in Providencia close to metro and other neighborhoods.

thanks for the compliments!! Safe travels!!

Everything was great about this hostel, the guys running it are so helpful, the location was excellent, beds really comfy, showers had great pressure and nice and hot. Everything was so clean and I felt like I was staying in a home rather than a hostel. Couldn't recommend it more.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Love this place! Was my first stop in South America and started with the best! Small so great place to mix and meet people especially if traveling on your own. Great location but quiet. Could have stayed for way longer :-)

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Wales

Thanks for the compliments!!! Safe travels!!

A great little hostel with everything you will need. Our room was large and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the room was dark and quite at night. Everything on the bed gets washed including the dooner cover! Wifi strong in common areas, not available in room. Kitchen well equipped and showers hot. Big gentle dog lives outside.