Castillo Surfista Hostel Reviews

Calle Maria Luisa Santander 0329, Santiago, Chile

I was in the detached room and I just found it to be so dirty and smelly in there. Te bathroom was really not nice and it made the whole room smell like mold all the time

After so many good reviews this one really bummed us out. The bathroom you mention has a skylight and is cleaned daily. The dorm room has two big windows and a standing fan that allow plenty of fresh air. But like in any hostel during the busy season, a packed dormitory can get very messy very quickly depending on your bunkmates. Next time please tell us in person and we would have fixed the problem or moved you to the other dorm no problem. Safe travels!!!

Great hostel! I will stay here again .

Thanks for the compliments!!! Safe travels!!!

Awesome place just to chill, 5min walk to metro which is handy. There is a full kitchen and breakfast is decent. The staff are friendly and helpful, it feels as though someone has opened their home for you. Small but friendly and welcoming.

Thanks for the compliments!!! :)

Loved Castillo Surfista! Great vibes and great people that work there. Bob, Jenny, and Georgia are top notch people. The hostel itself is in a great location right next to a supermarket, which is handy because there is a full kitchen. It was nice not having to eat out every night. I spent countless hours chatting with travelers in the courtyard. Fond memories. I give it the "Devin Mefford Stamp of Approval".

• 22nd Jan 2016

Haha thanks for the review. The staff are so happy but you forgot to mention the dog :)

The hostel was in an awesome location. It was very safe & only a short walk from the city centre. The staff were super helpful. On arrival, Georgia provided us with a map and pointed out some places of interest for us which was extremely helpful.

• 13th Jan 2016

Thanks for the compliments!! Safe travels!!!

We had a pleasant stay at Castillo Surfista Hostel. We appreciate the helpfulness of the staff. We will recommend this hostel to our friends and other travelers.

• 7th Jan 2016

Thanks for the kind words!!!!!! Hope to see you again!

Very chilled and easy living. Staff is amazing. Really enjoy staying in Castillo Surfista Hostel.

• 31st Dec 2015

We only stayed for one night but wish we had longer. The hostel had a very chilled out vibe with an awesome patio and the staff organised a very fun evening with a BBQ and beer pong. The dorm was spacious and very clean. The hostel is only a 10min walk from the closest metro and 15min walk to where one of the free walking tours starts. Duke, the skateboarding dog is hilarious and provides a very warm welcome. We would definitely stay again if we went back to Santiago

The perfect hostel for the relaxed traveler. Does the basics well: Centrally located (10 mins walk from Baquedano metro station, close to city centre), safe and decent amenities. Staff is great and so is the dog! While not the most conveniently located for party-goers, that wasn't what I was looking for - the atmosphere is professional yet relaxed and friendly. Since it's in a house, doesn't have the 'corporate' feel of many hostels. Only con: wi-fi can be slow in some rooms.

The neighbourhood is safe. You can walk around without any worries with the keys of your own room. It is located near Bellavista neighbourhood, which is a nice place to spend the night if your plan is to stay in Santiago, but it takes around 10 min walking from get there. It is 5 min walking from Baquedano subway station. It is clean all the time. The staff were extremely helpful and kind. I would write more about them if I had more space here. I recommend the hostel. =]

Nice hostel, converted big house into a hostel. Great patio for hanging out and meeting other travelers and staff. Facilities were clean. Would definitely recommend.

The hostel itself is more in a residential-area, but there are some restaurants and a supermarket nearby. All rooms were super clean and the dorm spacious. There lockers for everyone and you get a key fro the front door and gate. The shower has good water-pressure and hot water. Wifi was stable and ok-speed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast is very good with toast, fruits, yogurt, tee and/or coffee. The patio is great for meeting people. A good place even for a longer time.

Cool hostel with nice rooms and perfect common areas to be social

Thanks for the compliments!!! Safe travels!!!

This hostel is extremely chilled out and in a great spot, only around 15 minute walk from the Plaza de Armas and right next to a lovely park. The staff were really friendly, clearly all young travelers themselves, and they always helped out when needed. Breakfast was good, beds clean and warm and for the price it was pretty perfect!

Great hostel. Everything is clean and the house is big. It is 10 to 20 minutes walk to the main touristy places and the neighbourhood is safe. There is a supermarket and many shops one block away. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 7th Nov 2015

Great hostel in a lovely location - honestly the best I've stayed at in South America. It really felt like home with friendly staff always willing to help and make sure you're having a good time (even a free pisco night!) Very clean, comfy beds and great breakfast. I would highly recommend! The skateboarding dog Duke was a highlight too.

Great hostel for a great price. The cleanest hostel I've stayed at in South America. Great staff , helpful , friendly and sociable. They really make an effort to put on little events as well. The hot showers, TV room and varied breakfast were all wonderful surprises. We liked it so much that we'll be there again at the end of our trip. Also Duke will be sure to give you a warm welcome!

Thanks for the compliments! Safe Travels!

Awesome friendly staff that speak great english and spanish. Amazing house with chilled out and inviting backyard/common area. Disregard other reviews re: location - its only 10mins to metro, 15mins to Pio Nono (main party area), and

Thanks for the compliments!!!! Safe Travels!!

I absolutely loved my stay at Castillo Surfista! I felt at home here, and even extended my stay because I didn't want to leave! Having just arrived to South America at the start of my trip, it was the perfect place to get my bearings and start planning my trip properly in comfort and a friendly environment. The staff here are awesome and super inviting, the place is clean and extremely relaxed. I recommend it to anyone planning to visit Santiago!

• 26th Oct 2015

Thanks for the compliments!!! We read every single one. Safe travels!!

This hostel truly felt like home to me. Situated close to downtown, trendy spots, parks, and hikes, this hostel had everything. The staff was super friendly, always putting together bbqs and movies and card games, as well as providing valuable information such as laundry services, grocery stores, nearby walking tours or things to do. The hostel was super clean too! Although my time in Santiago was short, I would absolutely return to explore the city more and stay at Castillo Surfista!

• 24th Oct 2015

Thanks for the compliments and safe travels!!!!