Castillo Surfista Hostel Reviews

Calle Maria Luisa Santander 0329, Santiago, Chile

Castillo was an awesome stay for my travel. It was the cleanest place I´ve been on Santiago and the staff were just sweethearts helping me out with my no-spanish problems (!). There was a brazilian girl that even tho when she was not working she was available to give advices on my language! Awesome!

• 5th May 2015

Good location near the bars and restaurants in Bellavista. Staff were super friendly and gave us good recommendations on where to go in the evenings. Overall a good atmosphere and a fun hostel, and Duke is one of the funniest dogs we've met on this trip - even if you don't get to see him skateboarding.

Nice hostel, good location, clean and friendly staff. Beds are very comfy! Bit cheeky that you are charged to use the kitchen or showers after check out, first time we had seen a something like this - eapecially since the kitchen isn't that great.

Thanks for the compliments! We only charge a small fee if you use the gas stove or hot water AFTER CHECKOUT as gas in Chile is very expensive. Its very common in most hostels. Safe travels!

awesome hostel, very friendly people and i felt welcome strait away, as a solo traveller that is important! made some great connections here and would recommend to everyone. Only thing that could improve is breakfast, other than that all good!

Small, friendly hostel with nice patio and amiable dog. Location good, close to metro and walking distance to supermarket, bars, cafes etc and on a quiet street in a nice part of town.

Thanks for the compliments! Safe Travels!!

Awesome staff, super friendly and helpful, cool mix of guests, nice rooms and clean bathrooms. Internet is pretty slow and the floors upstairs creak with every step, but after you've had a couple of pisco sours the beds are super comfy and you don't hear a thing. Quiet location and a noise curfew, but still walking distance to party areas. A lucky last minute find.

• 31st Mar 2015

Cool hostel with good atmosphere. Good kitchen and spacious rooms. Staff are very chilled. Would definitely stay again.

The staff is extremely helpful and welcoming (I even got a hug goodbye from one of the receptionists on my way out!). I stayed three nights and came back for two more. They don't advertise 24-hr check in, but I had a late flight and they were more than willing to accommodate me. Located in a very nice, chill neighborhood, extremely close to the metro and bus lines.They are by no means a party hostel, but they also aren't so strict as to keep you from having fun. I will definitely be back here!

We stayed in the double room which was huge! We had a balcony looking out onto a quiet, sunny street. The location was great - so close to lots of lovely little areas, a big supermarket and the subway too. We weren't in the party bit, though - that was just a short walk away. The one disadvantage was the wifi, which was intermittent to the point of frustration. Regardless, we tried to stay again when we returned to Santiago - unfortunately, they were full. Nice place :)

Nice quiet hostel, very friendly staff, beautiful neighbourhood. Breakfast is basic but nice. Good wifi, kitchen and areas to chill out. Highly recommend.

Thanks for the compliments. Safe Travels!!!

Hard for us to comment to much as we only spent one night here. The breakfast ran out only 20 minutes after it started and the girl at reception didn't seem to happy about replenishing it. Didn't find the place to have a great atmosphere but perhaps if we stayed longer we would have had a better experience.

Greetings. thanks for the comments. Sorry about the breakfast. I´ll have a talk with my staff. We are here to help in any way we can, which includes making sure each guest has breakfast. Regarding the atmosphere - I guess everyone has their own taste, but hopefully the many reviews saying the contrary is a good measure of how guests feel about it. Safe travels!

Great hostel - very fun and friendly atmosphere, but still very calm and quiet at night. Definitely a good place if you want to meet nice people but also want a good night's sleep! Waffles for breakfast are a nice touch, and Duke (the dog) is a sweetheart, sven if he is a bit boisterous at times! Would love to go back someday.

Nice hostel, but the owner was away when we stayed there. The girls looking after the place were too busy to really worry about running a hostel. I'm sure it's better when the owner is there

Really cute spot! friendly guests. the staff was super helpful. there was parking available right there. they had a barbecue the night we stayed

Great hostel, with an exceptional atmosphere. Good chill areas, and superfriendly staff make this hostel absolutely awesome!

Thanks for the compliments!!! With guests like you its just as fun for us!

Stayed here several times and always a good place to stay with friendly helpful staff

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Castillo Surfista Hostel has a friendly atmosphere, with great facilities and wonderful staff. I definitely enjoyed my stay here. Thank you!

Great place to stay with really friendly staff. not far from Bella Vista region for nights out. Great facilities for cooking and relaxing, but beware of Duke, the resident dog. He is lovely but can get a bit excited excited at times. I liked it, so I returned after a weekend away in Valparaio.

Great location in a lovely chill neighborhood. The hostel has a relaxed atmosphere with a perfect courtyard for getting to know people, relaxing, and barbeques. Fairly clean facilities. Staff were fun and frendly people. Shoutout to Orianna who was always willing to help even on her downtime. Good hostel, go there!

• 21st Jan 2015

Still getting their game on... They speak English more likely than EspaNol. The quiet neighborhood is really a boon to a good night''s sleep.

thanks for the compliments! Safe travels!