Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled Reviews

Grajska Cesta 22, Bled, Slovenia

It's a new and clean hostel which shares the building with other properties. The dorm rooms are a bit on the smaller side, but quite comfy. Common areas - kitchen, lounge, great balcony with amazing view of Bled, and most importantly the charming and helpful staff make it a pleasure to stay here!

Very friendly and helpful staff, a nice common room and a spacious kitchen with a terrace. Bathrooms and toilets very clean and in a perfect condition. Located just 2 min away from the bus stop and 5 min away from the lake. Definitely the best hostel we stayed at while travelling around Slovenia.

The best hostel I've stayed at in my entire semester abroad! The staff are incredible - really friendly and truly make you feel at home. They took a few of us on a free quick trip to Vintgar Gorge and to a beautiful lookout point overlooking Lake Bled that I wouldn't have otherwise ever known about! The hostel has a very cosy feel, with a great common room and a large terrace. Kitchen, bathrooms, rooms are immaculate

Perfect hostel ! The staff is really nice and very helpful. The hostel is very very clean, the kitchen is fully equiped. Plus there is a great terasse with a beautiful view. There's also a very good vibe in the hostel ! We had a great time !

LOVED this hostel. Miha (who runs it) went out if his way to help with everything, including where to go when I got into bled at 5am, and helping me get a ride to the airport at 430am a few days later. The view from the balcony is beautiful as well.

My stay at castle hostel was great, mainly because the staff is super friendly and helpful. I only planned on staying one night but ended up booking 4 additional nights. Location is perfect as well.

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay here. Miha was very helpful and provided us with all the information we needed about Bled, Bohinj, and Ljubljana. There is always a great atmosphere in the common area with people hanging out, chatting, and playing games. The kitchen facilities are top-notch too!

A wonderfully relaxed hostel. Provides an amazing amount: plenty of dishes and pots and pans in the kitchen, lots of refrigerator space, entertainment options (book exchange, TV, DVD player, I think they mentioned a video game console...). There was always company but it never felt crowded. Helpful staff. I loved it!

One of the best hostel that i had been in europe, exellent atmosphere!!

Amazing stay! We were only in bled for 1 night but Micah made us feel so at home and was very helpful! Thank you so much! Cannot wait for our next trip back to Bled

It was an amazing experience to stay in Castle Hostel! The whole town is breathtaking and it's in the middle of it. When I'm at a new place I usually need like an hour to get accostumed to it, but at this place if felt home from the first minutes, everything is so well equipped, the kitchen and the bathrooms are really convenient and the atmosphere is welcoming. Excellent!!!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Hungary

Excellent hostel! The staff were friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to ensure we had a great visit to Bled! Also, the wristband that got us discounts around town was brilliant!

I loved my stay at this hostel.It was only for two nights but I felt at home and at ease all the time i was there. It was in a perfect place to explore the area,which is just stunning! Has a great rooftop area where you can sit outside and relax after a long day walking.The staff,in particular Miha,were very infomative and helpful. Nothing seemed like too much trouble. It is a very new hostel so everthing is clean.Could possibly be a little crammed in busier times but overall,highly recommended

A clean and modern hostel with a wonderful deck to relax on. The bathroom and kitchen are kept pristine. The staff is really friendly and helpful. I had many great conversations with them and they have advice for anything you might want to do. The location is convenient right by the bus stop and they also can pick up and drop you off at the train station which is a bit further out. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Wow! What can I say. Castle Hostel 1004 is seriously one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Miha and Clemen the guys who own it are really great guys and will bend over backwards to help make your stay as perfect as possible. The hostel itself is in great condition with a balcony that makes the perfect location for an outdoors breakfast in the morning sun! I will be back! And I can't wait :)

I've stayed at dozens of hostels across dozens of countries. At this point they mostly merge into a blur of sameness. But Castle Hostel really stands out. A really wonderful set up with a great terrace. A wonderful central area. And best of all incredibly friendly staff that are willing to go the extra mile to make sure you get all the information you need. I've never had someone so dedicated to ensuring that my stay was the best that it could be.

I had a great time thanks guys

Great hostel, very social environment, excellent facilities including sat TV, PS4. Staff (Miha) exceptionally helpful and friendly. Overall great experience, will def be returning in summer if in lake bled.

The guy there is knowledgable about his city and is so entertaining. J'ai adoré y être.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Staff were super friendly and helpful! They had great ideas and recommendations on what to do and were willing to help with anything needed.

• 20th Feb 2014