Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled Reviews

Grajska Cesta 22, Bled, Slovenia

Everything is good except the beds... They make a lot of sound whenever people move!

This was a nice hostel close to the castle, a mini market and, of course, the lake. The staff are very helpful and have a long chat with you when you check in - some useful tips but a lot about what goes in what bin etc. The double room was very big and comfortable, and the other guests were all very nice and quiet at night,

• 11th Nov 2014

The staff is incredibly helpful, they will let you know exactly what to do while you are there. The atmosphere was very warm and upbeat, met a bunch of fellow travelers. The kitchen is pretty well equipped. The only drawback are the small rooms and lack of toilets (2-3 for the entire floor). Overall its the great atmosphere of the hostel that makes it such a great place to stay at.

Genuinely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great facilities, great common area, rooms were great. There is a terrace area with a great view of the castle, and the hostel is only 2 minutes from the lake and a supermarket. As a word of advice, all the hostels in Bled are a bus journey away from the station but it's only a 10m ride to the hostel. The staff were by far the best feature, driving us to nearby sites of interest and chatting to us about life in Slovenia. Great place.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Really beautiful hostel with clean rooms and a helpful host. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would love to visit again.

The best staff ever seen in a hostel. Amazing!!

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Mika and Clement were wonderful! They were really helpful in finding things to do and how to get to different places. The common room is great for meeting people and there is a beautiful deck attached. The viewpoint is amazing. One of my favorite hostels!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hostel for one night. We loved it. As soon as we arrived the staff member on reception helped us out with bikes and maps to get us going. The hostel itself is lovely and has a big outdoor patio with a beautiful view. Thanks

Nicest people running the place, they gave us free rides to areas on the lake as well as the free tour around the lake up to the top of a hill to see the whole lake. And to top it off the manager gave me a lift to the train station which was a 20 min walk away! Legends.

I had an awesome time in Bled and Castle Hostel played a large part in that. The staff were fun and helpful, giving suggestions on hiking trails and day trips and places to eat as well as taking us out drinking at night. Location was great, the place was clean, and it was full of fun people even in the off-season; I'd definitely recommend it.

One of the better hostels I have ever stayed in! Really cool staff, including the owner who was super friendly. Goid facilities, and a great ambience.

Awesome location, a few meters from the market, from the main church, a few minutes from the castle! Awesome staff! Incredibly nice and willing to help! Great atmosphere! Really clean! The toilets and showers were very well planned! From the terrace you have a great view! Amazing hanging out spot! I think is the best hostel I've been yet!

The staff here are incredibly helpful and kind. The hostel is located in a great spot that is right next to the castle, lake, and bus station. They had some construction going on while we were there, but it wasn't hard to find the hostel once we asked someone for help finding the front door.

Completely amazing place to stay, and however long you stay in Bled, make sure you go to the bakery near the bus station where you get a 10% discount from the hostel!!!

Warm recommendation.Barbara (staff member) was so nice and helpful.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

I have stayed in many hostels, but this is the first time I ever reviewed a hostel because the owner was so nice and helpful to me! I had a really great time in Bled and met many amazing people in this hostel.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

loved every minute of it here. would recommend to anyone!

I had the best time in this hostel! Great social and friendly atmosphere for someone travelling on their own and the location was great, only a couple of minutes away from the lake. The excursions to the gorge the the hostel offer are definitely worth going to as well.

This was a pretty good hostel in a good location. We got a friendly welcome and staff gave good tips about what to do and where to go, and offered to help out with any issues we might have had. The only small issue was the WiFi was down when we were there. Otherwise, for a one night stay it was a positive experience.

Excellent local staff at this hostel, who go out of their way to showcase what Bled has to offer, from organised transport to the gorge and viewpoints, to impromptu pub crawls. Common room and kitchen are in the middle of the same floor as the rooms, creating a great atmosphere to meet fellow travellers. 5 stars

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6