Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled Reviews

Grajska Cesta 22, Bled, Slovenia

My stay at castle hostel was great, mainly because the staff is super friendly and helpful. I only planned on staying one night but ended up booking 4 additional nights. Location is perfect as well.

A wonderfully relaxed hostel. Provides an amazing amount: plenty of dishes and pots and pans in the kitchen, lots of refrigerator space, entertainment options (book exchange, TV, DVD player, I think they mentioned a video game console...). There was always company but it never felt crowded. Helpful staff. I loved it!

One of the best hostel that i had been in europe, exellent atmosphere!!

• 12th Apr 2014

Amazing stay! We were only in bled for 1 night but Micah made us feel so at home and was very helpful! Thank you so much! Cannot wait for our next trip back to Bled

It was an amazing experience to stay in Castle Hostel! The whole town is breathtaking and it's in the middle of it. When I'm at a new place I usually need like an hour to get accostumed to it, but at this place if felt home from the first minutes, everything is so well equipped, the kitchen and the bathrooms are really convenient and the atmosphere is welcoming. Excellent!!!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Hungary

Excellent hostel! The staff were friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to ensure we had a great visit to Bled! Also, the wristband that got us discounts around town was brilliant!

I loved my stay at this hostel.It was only for two nights but I felt at home and at ease all the time i was there. It was in a perfect place to explore the area,which is just stunning! Has a great rooftop area where you can sit outside and relax after a long day walking.The staff,in particular Miha,were very infomative and helpful. Nothing seemed like too much trouble. It is a very new hostel so everthing is clean.Could possibly be a little crammed in busier times but overall,highly recommended

A clean and modern hostel with a wonderful deck to relax on. The bathroom and kitchen are kept pristine. The staff is really friendly and helpful. I had many great conversations with them and they have advice for anything you might want to do. The location is convenient right by the bus stop and they also can pick up and drop you off at the train station which is a bit further out. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Wow! What can I say. Castle Hostel 1004 is seriously one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Miha and Clemen the guys who own it are really great guys and will bend over backwards to help make your stay as perfect as possible. The hostel itself is in great condition with a balcony that makes the perfect location for an outdoors breakfast in the morning sun! I will be back! And I can't wait :)

I've stayed at dozens of hostels across dozens of countries. At this point they mostly merge into a blur of sameness. But Castle Hostel really stands out. A really wonderful set up with a great terrace. A wonderful central area. And best of all incredibly friendly staff that are willing to go the extra mile to make sure you get all the information you need. I've never had someone so dedicated to ensuring that my stay was the best that it could be.

I had a great time thanks guys

Great hostel, very social environment, excellent facilities including sat TV, PS4. Staff (Miha) exceptionally helpful and friendly. Overall great experience, will def be returning in summer if in lake bled.

The guy there is knowledgable about his city and is so entertaining. J'ai adoré y être.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Staff were super friendly and helpful! They had great ideas and recommendations on what to do and were willing to help with anything needed.

• 20th Feb 2014

Originally booked for one night being a single traveller and ended up staying for around 5 days due to the hospitality being so good. And the host Micah is a legend. If you stay in bled this is the only place to stay.!

Very nice and small hostel. Located in Bled, a minute away from the lake, bus station, supermarket etc. Everything was very new and clean. There is a well equipped kitchen, lockers, free WiFi, TV, terrace and much more. Our room was nice and we even had a little bit of lake view! The guy who works here was very friendly and always there if we had questions. He even served a dessert for us! I totally recommend this hostel and will sleep at no other place if I ever come back to Bled!

Awesome Hostel! Really small and super friendly! Great place to meet and hang out with people. Location is awesome, the place is very clean and the staff are so friendly (one of the staff members even gave me a lift to the station - so I didnt have to walk with my big bag in the snow!!!) Would definitely stay here again!

Great hostel, excellent facilities, very close to the lake. Mika was very helpful, friendly, he's great as a host. I definitely recommend it and if I'm ever back in Bled, I'll stay there again for sure.

I have been travelling non stop for 2 years and this was by far the best hostel i've ever stayed in! The bathrooms were so clean, not even a hair left in the shower! The rooms have plenty of space. Loads of fridge space and a terrace to chill on and have a cigarette if you are a smoker. The staff are fantastic. They offer free walks to a view point when you arrive and continue to be helpful throughout the stay. We even got wristbands for 10% off at local restaurants. See you next time! Thanks! x

• 13th Jan 2014

This is a truly great hostel; clean, comfy, great facilities, ideal location and fantastic staff. Couldn't recommend this place enough!

• 11th Jan 2014