Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled Reviews

Grajska Cesta 22, Bled, Slovenia

Nicest people running the place, they gave us free rides to areas on the lake as well as the free tour around the lake up to the top of a hill to see the whole lake. And to top it off the manager gave me a lift to the train station which was a 20 min walk away! Legends.

Completely amazing place to stay, and however long you stay in Bled, make sure you go to the bakery near the bus station where you get a 10% discount from the hostel!!!

Warm recommendation.Barbara (staff member) was so nice and helpful.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

I have stayed in many hostels, but this is the first time I ever reviewed a hostel because the owner was so nice and helpful to me! I had a really great time in Bled and met many amazing people in this hostel.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

loved every minute of it here. would recommend to anyone!

This was a pretty good hostel in a good location. We got a friendly welcome and staff gave good tips about what to do and where to go, and offered to help out with any issues we might have had. The only small issue was the WiFi was down when we were there. Otherwise, for a one night stay it was a positive experience.

Had a great time at the hostel and the staff were great. Very sociable place to stay even out of peak season. Security is very loose because its not necessarily needed. Kitchen was a bit grotty when we arrived but Micha's polite requests for people to take responsibility for their mess was soon seen to. Comfy beds and exactly what I wanted from a hostel, one of my favourite stays.

The staff were very friendly and gave us a lot of info on arrival. The place is in a perfect position and we were offered discounts at other places. Unfortunately we had some trouble with the facilities. The kitchen was in quite a mess even though there was always a staff member around. We had to have cold showers in the morning. And if you weigh above 60kg I suggest not sleeping on the top bunk, as the wooden planks popped out of place every time I moved an inch.

One of my favourite hostels ever! The staff made the experience! They were great, always willing to help, and offered a free trip to the gorge and the viewpoint. What more could you ask for? Common area was great to meet other travellers. The showers were in individual units which was fantastic and always had hot water! The only downfalls were that the kitchen was a tad messy at times (hard to prevent with so many people) and the internet in the rooms was too weak to use.

The.Best. Best hostel in 6 weeks travelling. Clean, free tours, nice staff and very helpful.

The hostel is perfect, but it is a little noisy during the evening as everyone is chatting in the common area.

I really loved my time here. Wish every hostel was this good.

Amazing service at this hostel the best I have had. Great location for chilling out or having a party on the deck or in the lounge. Fully stocked kitchen for whipping up a meal. If you go to the lake make sure this is your hostel

Everything about Castle Hostel was fantastic. The 3 lads that worked there are awesome and help with anything and always make you feel welcome.Atmosphere was great and the kitchen utensils and cooking space was the best iv ever had in a hostel-it really makes the stay that much better! All and all i will be coming back to this hostel when i visit slovenia again (at this rate once every 2 years i love it that much). Look forward to staying there again

• 1st Oct 2014

Best hostel i've ever stay!

Obviously the best value for money in town with a special mention to the excellent and "devoted" staff.

Great place

Very friendly staff! And perfect location!

• 19th Sep 2014

I absolutely loved staying in this Hostel. Mika (excuse the spelling) was so helpful in organising day trips or helping out with any travel advice. The Hostel itself felt like I was as a friends beach house. So relaxed and welcoming a nice holiday especially when you have been backpacking for a while! I would definitely come back and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

The dudes who run this place are AWESOME! Cheers Clement, Michael and Jaka! They run great tours, they are all very knowledgable about the area and are generally great fun! The hostel is in a great spot (2 mins from the bus stop), it has a good kitchen, nice toilets and showers and great common areas. I wanted to stay longer! 3 nights wasn't enough!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6