Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled Reviews

Grajska Cesta 22, Bled, Slovenia

Had a great time at the hostel and the staff were great. Very sociable place to stay even out of peak season. Security is very loose because its not necessarily needed. Kitchen was a bit grotty when we arrived but Micha's polite requests for people to take responsibility for their mess was soon seen to. Comfy beds and exactly what I wanted from a hostel, one of my favourite stays.

The staff were very friendly and gave us a lot of info on arrival. The place is in a perfect position and we were offered discounts at other places. Unfortunately we had some trouble with the facilities. The kitchen was in quite a mess even though there was always a staff member around. We had to have cold showers in the morning. And if you weigh above 60kg I suggest not sleeping on the top bunk, as the wooden planks popped out of place every time I moved an inch.

One of my favourite hostels ever! The staff made the experience! They were great, always willing to help, and offered a free trip to the gorge and the viewpoint. What more could you ask for? Common area was great to meet other travellers. The showers were in individual units which was fantastic and always had hot water! The only downfalls were that the kitchen was a tad messy at times (hard to prevent with so many people) and the internet in the rooms was too weak to use.

The.Best. Best hostel in 6 weeks travelling. Clean, free tours, nice staff and very helpful.

The hostel is perfect, but it is a little noisy during the evening as everyone is chatting in the common area.

I really loved my time here. Wish every hostel was this good.

Amazing service at this hostel the best I have had. Great location for chilling out or having a party on the deck or in the lounge. Fully stocked kitchen for whipping up a meal. If you go to the lake make sure this is your hostel

Everything about Castle Hostel was fantastic. The 3 lads that worked there are awesome and help with anything and always make you feel welcome.Atmosphere was great and the kitchen utensils and cooking space was the best iv ever had in a hostel-it really makes the stay that much better! All and all i will be coming back to this hostel when i visit slovenia again (at this rate once every 2 years i love it that much). Look forward to staying there again

Best hostel i've ever stay!

Obviously the best value for money in town with a special mention to the excellent and "devoted" staff.

Great place

Very friendly staff! And perfect location!

• 19th Sep 2014

I absolutely loved staying in this Hostel. Mika (excuse the spelling) was so helpful in organising day trips or helping out with any travel advice. The Hostel itself felt like I was as a friends beach house. So relaxed and welcoming a nice holiday especially when you have been backpacking for a while! I would definitely come back and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

The dudes who run this place are AWESOME! Cheers Clement, Michael and Jaka! They run great tours, they are all very knowledgable about the area and are generally great fun! The hostel is in a great spot (2 mins from the bus stop), it has a good kitchen, nice toilets and showers and great common areas. I wanted to stay longer! 3 nights wasn't enough!

This is the best hostel of our trip. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The hostel has a great atmosphere, the day trips ran by the hostel are perfect and the facilities are second to none. We will recommend this hostel to everyone travelling to Bled. We couldn't have picked a better spot to end our trip in.

The hostel itself is a brilliant example of a basic hostel with some things better than average. The 4 bed dorm is very spacious and I would recommend this above the larger dorms if you have room in the budget. The showers are very good with plenty of room to get ready/changed. Could do with an extra toilet as there was often a queue and they regularly ran out of toilet roll even though I saw them being checked/replenished frequently. Unfortunately, other guests didn't clean up properly

One of the best hostels I have stayed at (& I have stayed in MANY!). Right from the beginning you feel welcomed into the "family" atmosphere as the staff give you a private tour of the hostel & explain the many sites in the area. This welcoming attitude washes off on all the guests & the common room is the friendliest place where instant friends are constantly made. Felt like a home away from home. The hostel is kept super clean, excellent kitchen facilities & the environment feels safe.

• 12th Sep 2014

The kitchen was mostly well equipped but could have done with an oven. Small room which was fine but seemed wrong to call it "deluxe" when it was no different to the others. Key cards for the external doors and for the rooms would have improved security but seemed like a safe area.

Best hostel and staff from my 3 months backpacking trip through Europe! Such a nice and fun experience, lake Bled is amazing and Castle Hostel and team were able to make it even more special! Highly recommend it!! 👏👏👏 Definitely coming back one day!

Extremely helpful staff and lovely atmosphere. The bathrooms were clean and the kitchen was practical and had of all the necessary facilities. The hostel was one of the best I've ever stayed in.. A very warm and inviting place to relax and learn about beautiful Bled!!