Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled Reviews

Grajska Cesta 22, Bled, Slovenia

The staff were always very friendly and helpful and the kitchen was very well stocked. The place is very safe as you get given a key to lock your room and there is a locker for each bed. The view from the balcony is stunning! However, the top bunks are fairly unstable and the slats sometimes fall out. Also, the shower is cold in the morning but really hot and powerful the rest of the day :)

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, Mika was very accommodating and even took myself and some of the other guests on a little hike to a lookout point over Lake Bled. The hostel was very nice, the only thing was the bathrooms could have used a little bit of extra cleaning. But then again, there were only two staff members there. I would still highly recommend this place, the beds were comfortable as well. Although, it was somewhat difficult to find, so be careful!

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed in. the best thing is the staff, they will go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home and they also took us on a free tour to this great viewpoint overlooking the lake which was amazing. the kitchen is a good size and well stocked . the common room is comfortable and has a great atmosphere with a tv, computer and ps3, the rooms are warm and nice and the whole place is kept really clean and they have an awesome outside terrace.

• 6th Dec 2013

maybe I just had a bad experience but if a few people decide to have a party in the common area there is no way to escape the noise, top that off with someone comming in the room at 430am with a sterio blaring and you get a bad impression of the hostel, also the 6 bed dorm was a joke, how they managed to get 6 beds in that pissy litte room is amazing, wouldnt reccomend this hostel to my worst enemy. Ps. I have stayed in over 100 hostels and this has to be in the bottom 5.

Definitely the friendliest, cosiest, most fun hostel I've stayed at, great as a solo traveller! Mika was very helpful and friendly and helps book activities for you, the rooms are small but it means there is a great atmosphere in the common area and everyone felt at home. Bled is beautiful and definitely worth a visit, nearly everyone that was there when I was ended up booking extra nights.

• 26th Oct 2013

Great hostel! I actually went to bled to booze detox, no chance. Great atmosphere in the common room, and brilliant staff, with great knowledge on how enjoy Bled.

My stay at Castle Hostel was fantastic. I originally booked 4 nights, but I could not get enough of Bled and ended up staying an additional 5 nights. The hostel is about a 5-10 minute walk to nearly anything you need- grocery stores, bars, restaurants. You'll get a wrist band that gives you a 10% discount at some bars, restaurants and row boat rental. The owner, Miha and his staff are very knowledge and helpful. Very easy to get to from leske bled. A 10min bus and a 5min walk from the bus stop.

• 26th Oct 2013