Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled Reviews

Grajska Cesta 22, Bled, Slovenia

Great vibes, great staff, and great set up. Would recommend.

The staff was absolutely phenomenal, couldn't have asked for a better group of people to make my stay in Bled as great as it was.

Amazing staff! So so friendly and helpful even when they're hungover! The room was quite small but it really didn't matter because you're never in them and it has a great social area. My favourite place so far. Definitely recommend and I will definitely be returning!

This hostel was perfect, staff were extremely friendly and welcoming from start to finish. Location is also excellent, everything is in very close proximity. Hostel itself was lovely, very good facilities and very clean, also a very good kitchen and common room area. Wifi is good and also access to Internet computers. Couldn't recommend this hostel more highly. Definitely one of the best hostels I stayed in while Interrailing.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Friendly staff in arrival who provide great information and organise great day trips. Good facilities and a good atmosphere. Rooms were a bit hot with now air conditioning.

• 20th Jul 2015

Lovely place to stay. Very friendly atmosphere.

Castle Hostel is a really great hostel and I can really recommend it if you're going to Bled. The common areas are large, with a well equipped kitchen. WiFi could've been better in some rooms but were fast once connected. Staff is great and there's always someone to ask for advices and so on. The dorms, however, are pretty small and the lack of AC makes it really hot and sweaty. Besides from the AC thing, this hostel is well worth a stay!:) I'll be coming back next time in Bled!:)

Great hostel! Was recommended by some girls I met a few days before. The staff are all great and really friendly, the rooms are a good size. The kitchen and common area are good size too. Wifi doesn't reach the rooms which is a bit annoying but it makes you more sociable. Rooms were a bit warm on an evening, need more than just a fan in each room. Would definitely stay there again if I went back.

Excellent location and lovely staff, but very smal rooms

• 15th Jul 2015

This is a really cool well run hostel, staff are all young and friendly and really helpful, they drove us to our other hostel to help with the bags. The hostel itself is really nice, especially the balcony and the kitchen is brand new. The free food shelf and fridge was stacked which was peng. As there's a pub below and two hostels close by, this is by far the best place to meet people and knock a few drinks back. We got hammered, it was great!!

Location wise this hostel was excellent however the wifi didn't reach the rooms, there was no aircon and there was six beds cramped into a space you could fit one normally. There was food to eat in the kitchen and a terrace you could chill on. The shower and toilets were all shared and did get dirty. There was lockers in the room but only wooden ones and mine was broken before i even got there but even with all these negatives i still really enjoyed my time at the castle hostel.

Very nice hostel. Located in the same place as most other hostels in the town. Its a small city, so it is very easy to get around. The members of the staff are very helpful and will help you with everything you wonder about. Great balcony to hang out. The hostel could probably have people on work later than 10 pm, as many guest are having preparty after the time it should have been quite. Just a tip. Would really recommend staying at the hostel.

Would be nice if the terrace was opened earlier in the morning. Otherwise perfect stay! Thank you for organising the activities!

I had a really good time in this hostel. The staff was very amicables, nice and helping always when you needed. Atmosphere was wonderful. The explanation of what to do in Bled and how to use public transport at the beginning was really helpful. The terrace is awesome. Hostal was clean most of the time, if there was dirt, it was due to irresponsable guests. Maybe there could have been more fans. It was so hot, we had trouble to sleep. Overall I felt really comfortable. Thank you so much guys!!!

Amazing Hostel, When we arrived they were unpacking fans for each room as was extremely hot and made sure we were comfortable in the room. Staff were brilliant and took us on a tour to the viewpoint for free and advised us on what to do each day we stayed. plenty of toilets and showers which were cleaned each day and the kitchen was large enough for many people to cook at the same time. The directions were easy to follow and find and the hostel is in the perfect position with great views

The hostel was in a great location. The staff were generally good and pointed us in the right directions, giving us a small tour of the hostel when we arrived but our trip to the gorge on one day was delayed as the staff were hungover. There were only 2 toilets for the whole hostel! Trips to Vintar gorge and other places were organised and the wristbands we had got us discounts at local shops and attractions.The main doors were not locked so you had to hope your roommates locked the room.

The only reason I haven't rated this 100% is because the wifi in the bedrooms was awful due to the thick walls and there was no hot water in the shower. I would suggest investing in wifi extenders in each room and that would make the hostel 100%. Great staff, great location, almost perfect.. It was the best hostel I had ever stayed in at that point in time. The cold water wasn't a big issue as it was so warm in Bled, but in winter it would be important to have hot water! Still worth every penny!

Had such an amazing time in this hostel. The friendliest staff I've ever met and situated in the most beautiful country. I cannot recommend it enough.

Excellent place in a good location near the bus stop and the lake. The staff were really friendly the the balcony terrace with a barbecue is a winner. The common room got a bit hot without AC but apart from that I loved this hostel! Easy to relax in but if you want to go out at night you will find people keen for a drink that as well.

Amazing hostel with a great atmosphere. A very spacious common area inside as well as a large outside balcony made it easy to talk to other travellers. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Overall we had a great stay here,

• 1st Jul 2015