Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled Reviews

Grajska Cesta 22, Bled, Slovenia

One of the better hostels I have ever stayed in! Really cool staff, including the owner who was super friendly. Goid facilities, and a great ambience.

Awesome location, a few meters from the market, from the main church, a few minutes from the castle! Awesome staff! Incredibly nice and willing to help! Great atmosphere! Really clean! The toilets and showers were very well planned! From the terrace you have a great view! Amazing hanging out spot! I think is the best hostel I've been yet!

The staff here are incredibly helpful and kind. The hostel is located in a great spot that is right next to the castle, lake, and bus station. They had some construction going on while we were there, but it wasn't hard to find the hostel once we asked someone for help finding the front door.

Completely amazing place to stay, and however long you stay in Bled, make sure you go to the bakery near the bus station where you get a 10% discount from the hostel!!!

Warm recommendation.Barbara (staff member) was so nice and helpful.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

I have stayed in many hostels, but this is the first time I ever reviewed a hostel because the owner was so nice and helpful to me! I had a really great time in Bled and met many amazing people in this hostel.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

loved every minute of it here. would recommend to anyone!

I had the best time in this hostel! Great social and friendly atmosphere for someone travelling on their own and the location was great, only a couple of minutes away from the lake. The excursions to the gorge the the hostel offer are definitely worth going to as well.

This was a pretty good hostel in a good location. We got a friendly welcome and staff gave good tips about what to do and where to go, and offered to help out with any issues we might have had. The only small issue was the WiFi was down when we were there. Otherwise, for a one night stay it was a positive experience.

Excellent local staff at this hostel, who go out of their way to showcase what Bled has to offer, from organised transport to the gorge and viewpoints, to impromptu pub crawls. Common room and kitchen are in the middle of the same floor as the rooms, creating a great atmosphere to meet fellow travellers. 5 stars

Had a great time at the hostel and the staff were great. Very sociable place to stay even out of peak season. Security is very loose because its not necessarily needed. Kitchen was a bit grotty when we arrived but Micha's polite requests for people to take responsibility for their mess was soon seen to. Comfy beds and exactly what I wanted from a hostel, one of my favourite stays.

The staff were very friendly and gave us a lot of info on arrival. The place is in a perfect position and we were offered discounts at other places. Unfortunately we had some trouble with the facilities. The kitchen was in quite a mess even though there was always a staff member around. We had to have cold showers in the morning. And if you weigh above 60kg I suggest not sleeping on the top bunk, as the wooden planks popped out of place every time I moved an inch.

One of my favourite hostels ever! The staff made the experience! They were great, always willing to help, and offered a free trip to the gorge and the viewpoint. What more could you ask for? Common area was great to meet other travellers. The showers were in individual units which was fantastic and always had hot water! The only downfalls were that the kitchen was a tad messy at times (hard to prevent with so many people) and the internet in the rooms was too weak to use.

The.Best. Best hostel in 6 weeks travelling. Clean, free tours, nice staff and very helpful.

The hostel is perfect, but it is a little noisy during the evening as everyone is chatting in the common area.

I really loved my time here. Wish every hostel was this good.

Amazing service at this hostel the best I have had. Great location for chilling out or having a party on the deck or in the lounge. Fully stocked kitchen for whipping up a meal. If you go to the lake make sure this is your hostel

Everything about Castle Hostel was fantastic. The 3 lads that worked there are awesome and help with anything and always make you feel welcome.Atmosphere was great and the kitchen utensils and cooking space was the best iv ever had in a hostel-it really makes the stay that much better! All and all i will be coming back to this hostel when i visit slovenia again (at this rate once every 2 years i love it that much). Look forward to staying there again

1 2 3 Next » last »