Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled Reviews

Grajska Cesta 22, Bled, Slovenia

Great Hostel with very friendly and helpful staff! They have a common room and terrace, so it was very easy to meet other travellers and hang out with them. They also offer free tours and drive you to Vintgar Gorge and other sights, if there are enough people. The Hostel is very close to the lake so you can easily take a walk around the lake whenever you want. There is a small supermarket close by as well, but I found it quite expensive. Anyway, I would choose the Hostel again. Had a great stay!

• 25th May 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff who go the extra mile, be it helping out with heavy luggage or giving advice and options for activities, the staff have been the most unobligingly helpful! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here (we did the pay 3 stay 4 deal)! Would definitely recommend canyoning if you're up for some thrill! Not so much the white water rafting though...Overall, a hostel made wonderful by the awesome dedicated staff! :))

Very nice hostel. Miha is great guy. Deffenetly worthet to stay...

This place is in a great location and has a lot of potential but quite frankly you can't have a hostel run by volunteers only. They had no idea what they were doing and it was really obvious. Also the doors to the bathroom hit people or blocked the hallway, the bathrooms were always soaking wet and gross, and people were smoking right outside the dorm rooms which made them smell disgusting.

Castle 1004 has really awesome staffs who try their best in helping everyone. The staffs also make it a point to interact with all the backpackers whenever they can, they even give free tours around bled (I heard)! The spirit of backpacking has hardly been affected by the influx of WIFI; everyone from everywhere would still crowd at that cosy lounge to share their experiences from all over the world. What makes everything even better is their impressive facilities like complete kitchen and PS3!

I had a pleasant stay at Castle Hostel. Great tips from the staff. Easy to find. I would go back if I revisit Bled. :)

Amazing place with very nice staff. Such a wonderful experience in Bled. Una experiencia inolvidable , súper simpáticos los dueños del hostal y muy buen ambiente y súper chula la localización . 店主人超好。強烈推薦!

• 21st May 2014
  • China

best hostel we stayed at on our backpacking trip. free daily trip to Vintar Gorge and a lookout spot over the lake, where the hostel owner picks you up and provides all transportation. incredible terrace. 4th night is free. free pickup or dropoff from train/bus station. the list goes on. highly reccomend!

Perfect. And let's just leave it at that. Do not bother booking anywhere else, seriously.

very friendly and helpful staffs, I had a great time there thanks

Amazing! great kitchen facilities, quiet secure bedroom to sleep and store your stuff in, nice terrace and common room to hang out in and always clean toilets and shower. But the best part of all is the amazing manager of the place, Meha, right from the moment u walk in u can't help but feel part of the family and he is happy to get to know u and find things to do around town, he will even make calls and help u find your way around the country. Really everything and amazing hostel should be!!

Could not fault this hostel. Miha and the rest of the saff are friendly and more than happy to help with ALL inquiries. Perfect location for exploring Bled. Clean, comfortable hostel rooms and facilities. Great atmosphere with the right people!

this was a brand new hostel when we stayed. the host was very friendly and willing to help us with absolutely anything! highly recommend!

I loved my stay here... so much that I extended my visit. Miha was great with providing information on Bled and its surrounding areas making it very easy to get around and explore. The activities the hostel recommends were great! The facilities are very good - the kitchen is well equipped and the bathrooms are new and kept very clean. There is an awesome outdoor balcony to enjoy the sun and the amazing views. I would definitely recommend this hostel and I would love to come back in the future.

Amazing hostel. Super clean, incredible value and staff was just so helpful with everything! Would recommend to anyone. Loved it :)

The staff is really nice and available, it really improved my stay. I definitely recomend this Hostel !

The hostel is in a great location near the lake. The staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful, they made sure that I got the most I could from my stay in Bled.

• 4th May 2014

Best hostel we have stayed in. The owner Mika was super lovely and very helpful organizing how to get to our next destination and even dropping us at the train station when we left. The free tour was awesome, highly recommended. Kitchen was fully equipped and location perfect. All this on top of a common room which makes it so easy to meet new people with a plasma screen, play station 4 (with fifa 14!), hard drive full of movies and out door terrace. Don't stay anywhere Else!

The staff are fantastically helpful, they even organize hikes up to a beautiful viewpoint. On our last morning we were taken up to see the sunrise and then dropped at the train station. They really go out of their way to make your time in bled special. Highly recommend! Only downside was the 6 person dorm was quite small. Facilities are super clean and there's a big kitchen and terrace!

• 3rd May 2014

We didn't expect to find such a good place, clean, quality and nice facilities. Free tour is perfect! They took us to the best panoramic view of the lake. Even we changed our plans and we stayed another day. They didn't have enough space, but they found us an awesome place. The staff is spectacular, so nice and helpful, their philosophy is to give a good experience to every traveler and they do more than that. In Slovenia was for far our best experience, 100% recommendable.