Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled Reviews

Grajska Cesta 22, Bled, Slovenia

Amazing! great kitchen facilities, quiet secure bedroom to sleep and store your stuff in, nice terrace and common room to hang out in and always clean toilets and shower. But the best part of all is the amazing manager of the place, Meha, right from the moment u walk in u can't help but feel part of the family and he is happy to get to know u and find things to do around town, he will even make calls and help u find your way around the country. Really everything and amazing hostel should be!!

Could not fault this hostel. Miha and the rest of the saff are friendly and more than happy to help with ALL inquiries. Perfect location for exploring Bled. Clean, comfortable hostel rooms and facilities. Great atmosphere with the right people!

I loved my stay here... so much that I extended my visit. Miha was great with providing information on Bled and its surrounding areas making it very easy to get around and explore. The activities the hostel recommends were great! The facilities are very good - the kitchen is well equipped and the bathrooms are new and kept very clean. There is an awesome outdoor balcony to enjoy the sun and the amazing views. I would definitely recommend this hostel and I would love to come back in the future.

Amazing hostel. Super clean, incredible value and staff was just so helpful with everything! Would recommend to anyone. Loved it :)

The staff is really nice and available, it really improved my stay. I definitely recomend this Hostel !

The hostel is in a great location near the lake. The staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful, they made sure that I got the most I could from my stay in Bled.

• 4th May 2014

Best hostel we have stayed in. The owner Mika was super lovely and very helpful organizing how to get to our next destination and even dropping us at the train station when we left. The free tour was awesome, highly recommended. Kitchen was fully equipped and location perfect. All this on top of a common room which makes it so easy to meet new people with a plasma screen, play station 4 (with fifa 14!), hard drive full of movies and out door terrace. Don't stay anywhere Else!

The staff are fantastically helpful, they even organize hikes up to a beautiful viewpoint. On our last morning we were taken up to see the sunrise and then dropped at the train station. They really go out of their way to make your time in bled special. Highly recommend! Only downside was the 6 person dorm was quite small. Facilities are super clean and there's a big kitchen and terrace!

• 3rd May 2014

We didn't expect to find such a good place, clean, quality and nice facilities. Free tour is perfect! They took us to the best panoramic view of the lake. Even we changed our plans and we stayed another day. They didn't have enough space, but they found us an awesome place. The staff is spectacular, so nice and helpful, their philosophy is to give a good experience to every traveler and they do more than that. In Slovenia was for far our best experience, 100% recommendable.

Close to the lake and easy to find. The guys working there were very friendly and helpful. It was extremely clean, even the kitchen and the toilets. The bed was comfortable and the are and hostel quite. Don't know about getting there with a bus or walking as we had a car. Anyway it's 5min uphill from the lake. I would definitely stay there again.

Nice and clean place. The staff was very friendly. I lost a pair of flipflops at another hostel and he kindly offers another pair from Castle Hostel's lost and found.

really nice and new bathrooms and kitchen. great location close to the bus and castle and lake. really nice staff - they even got up early to drive people to see the sunrise. would definitely recommend!

Wouldn't want to say 1 bad thing about this hostel. Anywhere that have staff that will go out of their way to take you to see the sunrise, beautiful national parks, have extensive knowledge about... everything.... And really genuinely care about what their doing and how their doing it... They definitely deserve the best recommendations! As well as location, facilities.. And meeting other lovely travellers, Castle Hostel 1004 made Bled even more memorable than I could have thought! THANKS GUYSSS!

I wish that all hostels were like Castle Hostel 1004. The staff is more than excellent, they did everything to assist us in any matter. The Hostel is very clean and comfortable, the atmosphere is great, a place full of backpackers ready to do a friendship. And also it is close to everything there is on Bled. Every time I get myself back to Bled I would stay there for sure.

• 19th Apr 2014

It's a new and clean hostel which shares the building with other properties. The dorm rooms are a bit on the smaller side, but quite comfy. Common areas - kitchen, lounge, great balcony with amazing view of Bled, and most importantly the charming and helpful staff make it a pleasure to stay here!

Very friendly and helpful staff, a nice common room and a spacious kitchen with a terrace. Bathrooms and toilets very clean and in a perfect condition. Located just 2 min away from the bus stop and 5 min away from the lake. Definitely the best hostel we stayed at while travelling around Slovenia.

The best hostel I've stayed at in my entire semester abroad! The staff are incredible - really friendly and truly make you feel at home. They took a few of us on a free quick trip to Vintgar Gorge and to a beautiful lookout point overlooking Lake Bled that I wouldn't have otherwise ever known about! The hostel has a very cosy feel, with a great common room and a large terrace. Kitchen, bathrooms, rooms are immaculate

Perfect hostel ! The staff is really nice and very helpful. The hostel is very very clean, the kitchen is fully equiped. Plus there is a great terasse with a beautiful view. There's also a very good vibe in the hostel ! We had a great time !

LOVED this hostel. Miha (who runs it) went out if his way to help with everything, including where to go when I got into bled at 5am, and helping me get a ride to the airport at 430am a few days later. The view from the balcony is beautiful as well.

My stay at castle hostel was great, mainly because the staff is super friendly and helpful. I only planned on staying one night but ended up booking 4 additional nights. Location is perfect as well.