Castle Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Binbirdirek mahallesi.klod farer caddesi, Ragip Uluca apt.no: 27/1. Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The breakfast is not good. I felt harrased by the owner, and some other girls that were alone did so. He was rather intrusive. He kept part of the change when I paid. Bedrooms are overcrowded if you decide to share them.

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Spain

Even though we made the reservation two months ahead of time and had email contact with the manager regarding our stay there, we didnt get a room because the hostel was already full/dublebooked. This situation was handled VERY poorly by the hostel whom didnt help us out at all even though THEY were the ones who made a mistake. The only thing we were offered was our deposit back, and also this was poorly handled by the hostel since they tried to give us a smaller amount back than what we paid!

A very small but cozy hostel, clearly tuned from a regular living apartment. Hard to find, basically you have to know where it is so prepare yourself with a map or ask the locals. The location was perfect though. The staff was not perhaps very professional, but very nice people. I felt a bit like visiting some friends family. I did get everything I needed, though: a place for sleeping and leaving my luggage. And breakfast!

• 18th Apr 2013
  • Finland

The place was difficult to find, there is only a small sign on the door and if it wasn't for a gentleman who offered to help us we wouldn't have found it. It was obvious that the hostel was just a normal apartment modified for the purpose and from the outside no one would ever imagine that there is a hostel in the building. The location in general though is pretty good and walking distance from main Sultanahmet attractions. The room was nice and clean though and the staff was friendly even if the manager wa

Due to greediness,unprofessional attitude discouraged me when I checked in, since he hoped to have a group or family like to rent instead of for One only, that's very unprofessional attitude. I hope that will not happen to other future guests, this attitude must be changed, besides that he has a personal liking to individual guest which annoyed many of us in the same room. Pls forward him this comment. Thanks.

Very tiny Hostel with a very kind host. Don't expect to much and search for the small sign "Castle" next to the front door.

It was obvious that the owners never visited a hostel in their life. They didn't say hi when we arrived, then let us wait for almost half an hour until they brought us to our room. There were no keys so anyone could come in the dorm. The beds were the worse hostel beds Ive seen. The staff were talking really loud with friends until 3 in the morning, and because they were keeping the windows open to smoke inside, we got an incredible bunch of mosquitos bites.

i was supposed to stay for two nights and since i had friends in istanbul i ended up sleeping both nights at my friends' homes when it got too late. what i appreciate very much though was that when i returned to get my stuff the day i was leaving, the hostel owner was very concerned and i feel bad that he was so worried too about me. his concern was very obvious and i knew that he was genuinely worried about what could've possibly happened to me. thanks again for looking out for me.

I had a really good time at the hostel. During 3 days only few people lived with me in the whole hostel. The breakfast at castle is fresh and various. With the payment weren’t any problems. Staff is very helpful, good English and Russian, speaking. Castle is not very big, 2 small bathrooms, new beds and third floor. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• 28th Jun 2012
  • Russia

Very good. The personal is very loyal. The location is very succsessful-the old city(center). Thank you , my dear friends!

• 27th Jun 2012
  • Ukraine

We are a group of 8 people, so we book the 8 people dorm. But in turn the staff gave us a 10 people dorm without charging more. The hostel location is good, just a few minutes walk from the Sultanahmet station!!! The breakfast was fresh and everyday a bit different!!! The internet connection was also good. The BEST thing in this hostel is the staff there. They are really nice and helpful!!!This would definitely be a great choice for your journey:))

• 1st Jun 2012
  • China

The hostel had overbooked and did not have our double private room available. The owner/manager offered to drive us to his brother's hostel, which was not in the city center. I asked for a refund of my 10% deposit, and after a little argument, he agreed.

• 28th Apr 2012

Juste dans la rue en face ( en sortant de l'immeuble de l'auberge) il y a un super petit resto très bon et pas cher ! : la cappadocia (quelque chose comme ça) L'auberge est sympa: on peut se servir du thé quand on veut dans la journée ! Le personnel est très sympathique aussi ! J'y retournerai volontiers ! :)

• 27th Apr 2012

The hostel was easy to find. The breakfast was very good. However, unless you are one of the first people to wake up and get in one of only two showers then expect a cold shower! I argued for the better part of 20mins over the payment as the guy running it couldn't understand that the deposit meant I had already paid it and he had that money and I was not to pay him the full amount. Eventually he begrudgingly took the money I had to give him..which was the amount I owed minus the deposit.

The hostel was quite clean and the beds were clearly new and clean. I stayed for 10 days and was very happy. I had spent one night at another hostel in the area which was packed with people and not clean at all. The breakfast at castle is simple and good, there were a variety of foods while I was there. As a vegetarian, Cafer offered me extra bread, cheese and vegetables for breakfast instead of meat. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• 22nd Apr 2012

Only two bathrooms for 36 people. Room was overcrowded with bunk beds. No place were to put things, not even free floor space to leave your things. Tiny communal area (2 tables with 4 chairs and 2 single sofas for 36 people to have breakfast or to be around as not space in the rooms). Staff not helpful with info as lack of knowledge and poor English. Poor breakfast (small portion and give you tones of bread with not butter, nothing to eat it with)

We felt very welcome and secure! The hostel guy was so nice and more than helpful in any case. We would recommend the hostel to everyone who is looking for a safety, well located and cheap accomandation! The only bad thing to tell is if the hostel is fully booked or booked by a group the two bathrooms could be a problem if people will wake up at the same time... But all in all recommendable!

Everything was fantastic. The man who runs it is so sweet and wakes up every morning to make breakfast (eggs, tons of bread, a fruit, a veggie, a meat, and coffe cake). There is always coffee and tea. Although we can't currently remember his name, we had the best time there. The location is superb and it's in an apartment building so its a small hostel so theres no need to worry about safety there. It's very clean and he keeps cleaning everyday. We loved it!!

• 11th Apr 2012

Very nice staff and perfect location. Close to all of the sites. Breakfast was great!

• 4th Apr 2012

It was a very nice hostel.. But when we came, there's still no sign of the hostel in the building, so it's kind of difficult to find. and with a lot of rooms, 1 toilet and 1 bathroom is not enough. Nice breakfast and very good hospitality. The location is the best thing, locating in the heart of Sultanahmet area, makes us very easy to go to Blue mosque, Hagia sofia, and Topkapi Palace. Overall, we enjoy staying in this hostel, except the toilet.

• 3rd Apr 2012