Castle Hostel Reviews

38 Quay Road, Ballycastle, Northern Ireland

This was probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I've never written a review before but felt that this one deserved it as it was so good. Clean, spacious and friendly. I think what best sums up the atmosphere is that there's a sign in the kitchen saying that they'll wash clothes for occupants if they make a donation to the Samaritans in lieu of payment. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Very nice landlord and very sweet rooms!!

• 18th Dec 2014
  • China

Great bang for your buck. Berkeley was fantastic and gave us recommendations for what spots to see. Comfortable beds, and Ballycastle is a really cute down with a couple great pubs just up the street from the hostel. The only possible downside would be the cold Irish winter (we stayed in late November). They turned the heat off in the evening, but provided extra blankets. Make sure to walk down the beach!

This is the best hostel/b&b I've ever stayed at. To be honest, we did not expect a hostel this cheap to be that great. Loved every minute. Thanks for everything!!!!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great wee hostel! Friendly and helpful owner and cute country feel. Cleanest bathroom I have ever seen!

Great host! He was very helpful guiding us on our sights and making sure we had everything we needed. Enjoyed our stay!