Castle Hostel Reviews

Castle Street, Kerry, Tralee, Ireland

a lovely place to stay :)

I definitely recommend to stay here! Stephen and Aileen are just great, easy to talk to and helpful. Since this hostel used to be a b&b it has a certain atmosphere that other hostels don't have. Breakfast is good as a wide range of cereal and toast is offered. If you are planning on cooking yourself you get to use the best equipped and cleanest kitchen I have ever seen in a hostel. I initially planned to stay for one night and ended up staying for two. So there is that.

Very welcoming immaculately clean place and very accommodating for needs over and above what was required. Only gripe I had was the mattress was poor enough. I could feel all the metal springs through the upper surface. Plenty of breakfast etc. Would stay here again

I couldn't ask for a better accommodation

Delighted you enjoyed your stay.Thank you Nick.

Very nice Hostel, espesially for hikers at the dingle way or just for holidays. Next to the sea and at the dingle way. Very nice living room, dining room, terrace and best equipped kitchen I´ve ever seen in a hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a good and relaxing night there.

It was very a great moment in Castle Hotel. The staff was very welcoming, room clean. And specially the kitchen was well-equipped. Thanks a lot !

• 13th Feb 2015

Castle Hostel is located ideally on Main Street is very good price for where it is in Tralee town also very accessible to shops bars and restaurants and staff are very nice also and very helpful .Free broadband and televsion in common room .Coffee and tea are free all day long and nice showers also in rooms and off rooms .Dining room is compact and clean and has cooker with also dishwasher in kitchen .Its easy hop from Tralee to rest of Kerry like Dingle Peninsula and Killarney 5 star

We were amazingly received. The staff is excellent. Thank you for everything.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

the serviced was brilliant the rooms were nice cosy and warming the beds were really comfortable the hospitality was brilliant and staff were great very helpful nd king

• 15th Jan 2015

Great, convenient place for a night. Stephen could not have been more helpful. Mattress wasn't the most comfy, by I'd definitely stay here again. Thanks!

The owner was initially nice. But we never saw him after having paid. Some people we met there really scared us and the fact that the owner itself was not there didn’t help. We run away as soon as possible in the morning.

• 18th Nov 2014

Giulia, I checked you in as I was just finishing my shift at 18.00. At all time we have two members of staff on board to look after the hostel which I introduced to you . I cannot understand that you felt scared of people as all our occupants that night I checked them in and they all appeared to be jolly and jovial as I was back in the hostel at 20.00pm and there was a good crack in the communal area. I was on duty again that morning at 7.30am. Stephen

Castle Hostel was absolutely perfect for our short stay in Tralee. The rooms were nice with towels provided, free breakfast, and they even arranged a cab to get us to the airport on time. We couldn't have been happier with our stay!

A charming hostel with lovely rooms! Good, supporting mattress and great pressure in the shower. Definitely one of the best private rooms I've stayed in a hostel. Basic continental breakfast included as well as free wifi. If you ever find yourself in Tralee, stay here.

the staff are very friendly; all the facilities are there! Wi-Fi, t.v., even a secure space to park the motorbike in. We had a very nice stay in this hostel in Tralee!