Castle Hostel Reviews

Castle Street, Kerry, Tralee, Ireland

cleanest hostel ive ever stayed in. everything was perfect.

• 26th Aug 2015

I had a room next to the street and it was very loud in the night. But the other people I met there were still friendly and so I had a nice stay there.

• 19th Aug 2015

Nice staff and good service. We enjoyed our stay there :)

The full-time staff was really helpful and amazingly nice, I instantly felt welcome there. The volunteers who stay for the night weren't exactly so. I had an overall positive experience, I wish there was hot water in the shower though...

I want to make a comment about the hot water in shower, there is plenty of hot water in the shower as they are all electric showers but you never said that you didn't turn on the switch to activate it. Stephen

We ararrived late but were still welcomed and given advice on where wwe could park, etc. We're told the wrong time for breakfast so came down late but the owner was very nice and told us to help ourselves.

The mattress could be changed because it seems to be old and too deep. You can sometimes hear the noise from other bedrooms. Apart from these issues, everything is fine.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Lovely accommodating staff in a lovely hostel! It feels like a bed and breakfast

Cosy family-operated hostel. Had fun sitting together and see the irish footbal game.

What a great hostel! Friendly atmosphere and the workers were so helpful! We had a great time watching the football match with the host! He kept us foreigners in the know about what was going on. What a time! Definitely would stay again in a heartbeat!

• 17th Jul 2015

only one bathroom!!

All our rooms are en-suite and there is a one public bathroom in hostel.

Our room was fine and staff were friendly. Lot of noise on the street on the Friday night we stayed but that's not really anything the hostel can control. Coeliac options at breakfast time would be good.

• 10th Jul 2015

A brightly decorated room that made us feel more at home than most other places we stayed.. Kitchen and lounge amenities were also good.

Very helpful staff. Breakfast included. Wifi a bit weak in the rooms.

• 4th Jun 2015

Very nice people. Very nice place to stay

Easy to find, very quiet, a secure place to park the motorcycles. A good place in the center of Tralee, not far from the restaurants and pubs.

a lovely place to stay :)

I definitely recommend to stay here! Stephen and Aileen are just great, easy to talk to and helpful. Since this hostel used to be a b&b it has a certain atmosphere that other hostels don't have. Breakfast is good as a wide range of cereal and toast is offered. If you are planning on cooking yourself you get to use the best equipped and cleanest kitchen I have ever seen in a hostel. I initially planned to stay for one night and ended up staying for two. So there is that.

Very welcoming immaculately clean place and very accommodating for needs over and above what was required. Only gripe I had was the mattress was poor enough. I could feel all the metal springs through the upper surface. Plenty of breakfast etc. Would stay here again