Castle House Reviews

Lavina Street, Opp. calangute Panchayat, Naikka Vado, Calangute, Bardez, Goa, India

Hostel was nice and clean, staff were very helpful. Down side was that I was the only person in the dorms.

• 26th Jul 2014

The best part of my stay was the wonderful staff! They were so kind and helpful in every aspect. We had a cockroach in our room and they got rid of it. The atmosphere was excellent, especially during monsoon! We had a fun place to stay with an outdoor sheltered bar and pool table. The main dislike is that there's no real secure area to leave your bags during the day. They just stayed in the main dorm. I would definitely stay here again! - Canada

Staff (especially at the reception) is very kind and helpful. It is a good choice, if you want to stay in Calangute (probably for shopping or amusement?). It is located nearby everything, what you would like to visit in Calangute.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

The place was ok but the rooms were stinking of humidity and not clean, in four days no one checked or cleaned the toilet and there were several cockroaches in it. The bed linen wasn't clean either, I'm not a picky traveller and I don't care when the sheets and pillows are old, just want them to be clean and not smelly. A little improvement in the hygiene of the place and it would be a lovely hostel.

The dormitory was clean, simple & cheap, the amenities outside the room more like those of a five star hotel. The value is astonishing & the staff are friendly & helpful. There's even a well-stocked library. Astonishing value for money - highly recommended.

Great stay and helpful staff. Pool a great reprive from the heat. Free breakfast was good and selection varied from local to western choices. Also screened the world cup soccer games, a bonus!! Bummer was that wi-fi was out in the whole area.... but thats not the doing of the hotel!!! Will recommend it to my friends for sure.

swimming pool inside, staff is kind, not so far to the beach.

Was alright.

We have stayed at Castlehouse for a week, my first impression was the staff that I met, very polite and helpfull, honest advice has been given towards holiday activities, swimming pool has been cleaned every morning , food was absolutely delicious and tasty. I would definitely go again to stay at the same hotel. Thank you

• 9th Mar 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I have completely fallen for the honesty of the staff here. One eve I forgot my wallet and passport somewhere near the pool. 2 hours later I get it back from the reception in the same state. Miracles like this does not happen often. Surprised to find my booking under a different person's name. but it's ok. Also hostel world had mentioned for me to pay certain balance amount and I found there were taxes above that to be paid. Still the service, comfort and honesty makes up for that. Good work.