Castle House Reviews

Lavina Street, Opp. calangute Panchayat, Naikka Vado, Calangute, Bardez, Goa, India

Awesome place! In 4 mins you can be in the hustle and bustle of calangute, in 10-15 at the beach (walking). Place is off the main road bud surrounded by other hostels so feels safe to walk. From the north/south direction access road. Rooms were modern and very clean (had 2 private doubles) Food was great, price is brilliant, reception staff are very helpful and honest. If I'm ever in calangute again I'll stay here!

• 18th Nov 2014

Great staff, very helpful, some even challenge you to pool. Room was fine, swimming pool and bar great for a chill evening. close to the beach but in a quiet area.

Castle House took a while to find but it was worth it. The rooms were clean, spacious and good value for money. The food was excellent! I highly recommend staying there.

This has been our best stay in India so far. The rooms were clean and bright with AC and fan, the amenities good, the restaurant and bar excellent (and reasonably priced), and the reception and bar staff were excellent. The could have cleaned the pool more often, but it wasn't too bad and apart from that it was perfect,

• 29th Sep 2014

The room were very comfortable and big as was the shower with hot water. Nice little balcony overlooking a quiet street. The bar/ restaurant, pool and the free breakfasts were a bonus. The only downside was they were renovating the bar area while we were there, the smell and noise wasn't pleasant and we weren't able to use the facilities we paid for (bar, pool-table/ restaurant) during this time. I wish they had warned us about this before hand. Mel www.theworldunderourfeet.com

Stayed in the dorm which absolutely stank of damp, my clothes smelt for days. Seriously needs some attention. bathroom also smelt rather stange the first day and needed an update. Good if you want a pool but otherwise not too much point.

Hostel was nice and clean, staff were very helpful. Down side was that I was the only person in the dorms.

The best part of my stay was the wonderful staff! They were so kind and helpful in every aspect. We had a cockroach in our room and they got rid of it. The atmosphere was excellent, especially during monsoon! We had a fun place to stay with an outdoor sheltered bar and pool table. The main dislike is that there's no real secure area to leave your bags during the day. They just stayed in the main dorm. I would definitely stay here again! - Canada

very well located, close to beach and main street but also quiet and peaceful. lovely restaurant, tasty food and cheap prices. i definitely recommend it!

Staff (especially at the reception) is very kind and helpful. It is a good choice, if you want to stay in Calangute (probably for shopping or amusement?). It is located nearby everything, what you would like to visit in Calangute.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

The place was ok but the rooms were stinking of humidity and not clean, in four days no one checked or cleaned the toilet and there were several cockroaches in it. The bed linen wasn't clean either, I'm not a picky traveller and I don't care when the sheets and pillows are old, just want them to be clean and not smelly. A little improvement in the hygiene of the place and it would be a lovely hostel.

The dormitory was clean, simple & cheap, the amenities outside the room more like those of a five star hotel. The value is astonishing & the staff are friendly & helpful. There's even a well-stocked library. Astonishing value for money - highly recommended.

Great stay and helpful staff. Pool a great reprive from the heat. Free breakfast was good and selection varied from local to western choices. Also screened the world cup soccer games, a bonus!! Bummer was that wi-fi was out in the whole area.... but thats not the doing of the hotel!!! Will recommend it to my friends for sure.