Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Right beside the castle and the main streets, yes, but that means a lot of walking up hills or staircases. Was definitely convenient in terms of walking around the city as it is reachable, and the atmosphere was great.

everything is awesome, perfect place to stay

• 8th Sep 2014
  • China

Expected a lot more from this hostel. Due to a group booking they forced me to change rooms halfway through my staying there. Of course this meant trying not to unpack too much throughout the first few days and packing everything again halfway through. They didn't apologize for the inconvenience whatsoever and they offered me one free breakfast which only is £1.50. On top of that they simply said it's probably because I booked late when I booked a good 4 months prior to coming.

Love this hostel...great location and ambiance...look forward to returning.

I loved this place! The hostel is full of character and it has a great vibe! It is just a few steps away from the Castle of Edinburgh and a few other tourist attractions. Great location. Reasonably priced. I will certainly return!

Stayed one night while seeing my son off to university. The rooms are clean and the staff were very accommodating. Had a very good stay there and felt very welcome

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Great location and facilities though a bit dirty at times. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only complaint is that breakfast us a bit meagre- a piece of fruit to go with it would be nice. :)

Great staff and the best location - right in the shadow of the Castle and a short walk from the Royal Mile. Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Edinburgh!!

Lovely place, staff very helpful and friendly. The hostel is in an ideal location. The rooms were spacious and I met some great people.

• 4th Sep 2014

Awesome organization, lots of activities, and info. also they offer stuff you need as towels, snacks and power adaptators i loved my time there

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Mexico

I absolutely loved staying at Castle Rock! It's in the perfect location, close to everything! I felt totally safe and didn't have to worry about my bags in the long term luggage storage as there were two different locked doors to get to it. The bathrooms were clean and numerous. I live in Edinburgh and had to stay there for just a short time but would be more than willing to go back if I ever needed a place to stay again! The staff were friendly and helpful and everything else was fantastic!

• 31st Aug 2014

Castle Rock is probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at. Can't recommend it enough! Was absolutely loving the atmosphere and how everything in there was kinda random. From the colourful paintings on the wall to the cheeky names of the beds in the dorms.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

LOVE this hostel! Fun decor, hilarious staff, love the multiple lounges! Great having such a central location. Will be back soon!!

Incredible staff, good location, ... I have travel a lot and I will say that one of those to keep in mind. Well, there was a girl drying his hair a 2 in the morning in the corridor (during Edinburgh festival) but that was not their fault :)

Very nice hostel, large and very nicely decorated! Good atmosphere, hasn't got the prison-like feel of some hostels I'e stayed at. Best breakfast I've had - granola, and bread with nutella & peanut butter is the best!

My friend and I stayed here just one night before catching the airplane back to Milan, so we hadn't a lot of time to stay here, but the place seemed good and clean and the staff had been nice. And the price was very good!

Unique and central location. Staff was super helpful and happy. Spent some time in the 'posh room' with piano and comfy chairs which I found really homely. Spacious rooms and generally clean place to stay.

Phenominal location! Charming interior. Friendly staff. Only downside for me was the ladder to get to the top bunk, thin bars and wide set, (I have a bad back and can't do ladders like that and didn't know I'd be placed in a top bunk or I would have said something, but it was only for one night), but the bed itself was fine. Also, a slightly brighter light at everyone's bed is ideal, everyone had to use the flashlight on their smartphones to navigate the room after lights out.

It value for money is great, to be a Hostel it is really good! But, one fact upset me a lot: I've book 2 nights, and unfortunately I had to stay each night in one different room, not really a problem for me. What pissed me of was the fact that I had to check out and check in again! Get out of the room ate 10:30 and wait for the super late check in they work with 14:00! They should clean the room quickly and in at last 30 minutes be ready for me, not threat as a new check in! Unrespectfull!

Awesome hostel and people. Best place to stay in Edinburgh!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7