Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Excellent position. friendly staff, warm rooms and well decorated building. I loved the view from the balcony and the free coffees. Sadly no information was given about the check out time at the time I checked in and very unexpectedly I had been charged for a key cut. Law doesn't admit ignorance but many other hostels have more flexibility in this regard.

• 7th Feb 2016

A very nice hostel, where I always stay when visiting Edinburgh. :-)

Thank you, we love having you here :)

We enjoyed our stay at the hostel which is in a very good location for visiting Edinburgh. The one main thing we would like to change is to get better mattresses, but then we are somewhat older than the average hosteller.

• 5th Feb 2016

Glad you enjoyed your stay here in beautiful Edinburgh! In regards to the mattress, if you let us know at reception here we would've made sure your stay was more comfortable but very sorry anyways! Hope to have you back this way again!

It was absolutely amazing. I would go as far to say that it was the best hostel I've stayed at. The staff was welcoming and the atmosphere of the place was superb. Not too small and not too big, it fit just right. I won't stay anywhere else in Edinburgh. All in all, it's just that rad.

Thanks so much!! So glad we helped make your time in Edinburgh so enjoyable! Come again anytime you'd like!

I can't say enough about how phenomenal this hostel is. The common rooms and organized events are great, the rooms are quiet and cozy, the staff is hands down the best I've ever encountered in a hostel (shout out Asha 😘). The location couldn't be better, and their organized MacBackpackers tours of the highlands are perfect if you're trying to see the Scottish countryside. This is Edinburgh's best hostel, without a doubt, based on the 4 I've stayed at in the city. I hope to see you all again!

You're a star, thanks for such a rad review! We'd love to see you again, you're welcome here anytime :)

The staff was super supportive and accommodating.

That's so very kind of you, thank you so much!!

One of the best hostels I have ever been. It has a really nice atmosphere, like if you were in a castle. The staff is really friendly and the location is just perfect. Just outside Edinburgh's Castle. From there you can easily take the Royal Mile and walk around the city. Breakfast is just 1.50 GBP and they offer free coffee and chocolate. The rooms have enough space for the beds they have and the bathrooms are enough and clean. Recommended.

What an awesome review!! Thank you so much! We'd love to have you back, come anytime :)

AWESOME HOSTEL!!

• 30th Jan 2016
  • risachin881553
  • Japan

THANK YOU! :)

Great Location next to the Castle, Everything you would expect from a hostel; decent kitchen and common room

The location of the hostel is absolutely great and all the sights and restaurants are just a few footsteps away. The common rooms are quite cozy to sit and have a beer or tea in the evening. However, the double-bed room we stayed in was extremely tiny and there was no cupboard or drawer to put your clothes whatsoever, the room and facilities weren't too clean either. The breakfast was reasonable for 1.50£ and showers were nice and warm even very early in the morning.

• 29th Jan 2016

Sorry you weren't too happy with the room. We are a backpackers hostel so we have our many lounges to hang out, socialize, and relax in as you mentioned! The main thing with the private rooms is that you pay for privacy as opposed to being in a busier dorm. We're glad you enjoyed everything else though! We certainly hope Edinburgh treated you well while you were here!!

I put my sleeping dress, socks, towels and underpants on bed. And after I came back, they were gone. I can't find them till now. Please everyone keep your belongings carefully.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • China

Sorry about this! We do our best to make sure everyone is comfortable and happy and we have lockers in the room so you can keep your belongings safe. Unfortunately in hostels things can go missing and though it happens rarely here, it can happen from time to time. Feel free to shoot us an email and we can have another look around for them. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Edinburgh nonetheless!!

This is the place to stay in Edinburgh. The location is incredible, the means of security and staff friendliness/helpfulness was great, and the hostel itself was comfortable and clean.

Thank you so much!! If you're ever back in Edinburgh you're welcome anytime!

This is a beautiful Hostel full of artwork and with some antiques thrown into the mix!!! There is no such thing as a perfect Hostel, but some excel in so many areas that it is easy to overlook the faults.For me, the fire in the fireplace and the flowers sealed the deal!!!!! This is a really great hostel!

Wow thank you so much for the amazing review! It's lovely that you payed attention to all the small details! We were very happy to have you stay with us, come again anytime!

Awesome location with friendly staff! I stayed in a 16 person room and it was very spacious and surprisingly nice. Showers were great, as was the wifi. Very cheap extras such as breakfast, towels etc. Would definitely stay again on return to Edinburgh.

Please do come again, we'd love to have you back :) Thanks for the awesome review!

Really good hostel, but it was kind of empty...

Glad you liked it here! January is a pretty slow month so it tends to be a bit quieter but hey more time for tea and a good book by our fire right?!

I stayed in a 12 bed female door which was very spacious and only half full as I was there in January. It is located in Old Town with many touristic shops, restaurants and right across from the castle = perfect location. My only complaint is that my bed was right beside the staircase leading up to the top floors, so it was a bit noisy at times during the night. Highly recommend this hostel, can't beat the prices in the winter season!

Great location, very clean and friendly staff!

• 23rd Jan 2016

Thank you so much!!

Best Hostel! Awesome house, amazing ppl, perfect location.

This hostel is a great place to stay in a great location. Price was also on point for everything provided.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Without a doubt the best hostel I have ever stayed in! There is literally a Castle right outside your door! Not only that, but the rooms are huge! As a solo traveller this was the best hostel I have stayed at for meeting people. Every night there was something going on, from a pub crawl, to beer pong tournaments or movie marathons! There is something for everyone! The staff were also really helpful, always nice and sociable. The kitchen was really useful too. Would stay here again!

Wow you're fantastic! We're so happy you loved your stay here, we certainly try to make sure everyone is happy and having a good time during their stay so good to know it's working! You're welcome here anytime you're back in Edinburgh!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7