Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

The only suggestion I have would be to add more outlets in the bathroom; it would be easier to blow dry one's hair in the bathroom rather than sleeping quarters so other sleepers aren't woken up by the noise.

• 15th Apr 2014

Had a very enjoyable say,,visit Edinburgh regularly , very nice relaxed atmosphere ,we'll run hostel ..

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Just think the bathrooms could be separated by gender and the breakfast should include fruits + cheese & ham, even if it means to pay a little extra.

It is to big to meet true backpackers.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. It is very big but feels very homey. A place where you can crash after seeing the sights all day or just chill out in one of the common rooms. Staff is very welcoming and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 7th Apr 2014

A really popular and large hostel in Edinburgh in an excellent location in the city centre, right next to Edinburgh Castle so it's impossible to get lost finding the hostel. Facilities varied. I had been using the first floor bathroom most nights, but then I discovered to my pleasant surprise that the second floor bathroom was much newer and cleaner. I wished the top bunk beds had rail guards to prevent people who roll around a lot from falling down while sleeping.

This Hostel has a great location, close to the train station and the main attractions.

Can't beat the location of Castle Rock Hostel. Just above the Hay market and under the shadow of Edinburgh Castle. Staff are helpful and facilities are clean.

Charming, historic building. Everything worked well, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

The lockers were way too small! Nobody in my room managed to put their luggage inside the lockers.

Just facing the castle. clean and quiet.

Greatest hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff welcomed us right away and were very helpful and friendly our whole stay. With a huge lounge area and a couple kitchens, it had the feel of a college atmosphere as well as a professional setting. The movie lounge was awesome as well. Every where in the hostel was chill and relaxed and filled with friendly people who all helped out to make eachothers stay that much more pleasant. Great views of the city and castle. Can't ask for anything more!!!!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Great location. Great building. Great staff. It is a large, independent hostel feet away from Edinburgh Castle.

No hot water! Other than that, everything was great.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very good location, in the center of all the tourist action. Loved my stay there and the helpful and friendly staff.

I was very happy with the hostel

• 28th Mar 2014
  • elamari2014
  • Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The location is perfect, close to everything. I definitely recommend it!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Costa Rica

Great location next to the royal mile and the castle about 10 min walking distance to the trainstation. Staff is very friendly. Sleeping in a 12 bedroom dorm is totally fine because the room is huge. I liked the activities like pub crawl or movie night. Its easy to get in contact with other travellers.

Location was great and nearby to many attractions and restaurants! Staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were great.

Great place to stay! Loved it, once again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7