Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Castle Rock is probably the best hostel I have been too. It's located right across from the Edinburgh Castle, so you're right in the middle of all the sites. Comfortable and clean. Bathrooms are communal but do a very good job of making sure you have privacy when in the shower. Best part was the staff and events. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. They plan events for everyone at the hostel to enjoy. When I stayed they hosted a pub crawl that was so much fun. Definitely stay here!

The private double room we rented was pretty compact. It could've done with at least 1 chair and a shelf or something. The shower rooms were very clean, but again no shelf to put your clothes on. Overall a very well run hostel. The luggage store facility was a god send. The staff were particularly friendly. Also as reception is always busy, it might be worth developing another system for quick exchanges e.g to get a hairdryer or use the internet. A lovely hostel

I had such a great time at this hostel! The staff was very friendly. I had only a small problem with one of the reception girls, who messed up my reservation and got a bit upset, but the problem was resolved in 5 min. The location was perfect for me 'cause I needed easy access to both sides of the Mound and also wanted to go sightseeing. My only complaint is about the Internet. It hardly work! This should be fixed or advised to the guests!

location is a walk uphill from station, but its rught nedt to tge castle and the royal mile. for 3.50£ or so you can turn in a bag of laundry in morning and it will be returned clean late that night. thats a swell deal!

Amazing hostel! We had a fantastic stay! You can tell they know what they're doing and they really want to be a good hostel ( and they are!). For such a big hostel it runs so well, and every little thing has been thought of! Location is AMAZING, great staff, the laundry service was fantastic, good atmosphere, really secure lockers and rooms. It's like they really care about having an amazing hostel and go out of their way to do it!

Great Hostel. The staff is awesome. The location is the best you can get right beyond the castle of Edinburgh and near the grassmarket. When I visit Edinburgh again I definitely will stay in this hostel again.

I couldn't ask for more! The hostel had a great vibe and extremely helpful staff, and it was the cleanest hostel I have ever seen.

The only place to stay in Edinburgh. My only suggestion would be for mirrors in the rooms.

The location was amazing, the hostel had a friendly atmosphere and plenty of character although some staff members were a lot nicer/more helpful than others. Great for meeting other travellers, really spacious lounge.

Very happy with my stay at Castle Rock.

• 20th Jul 2015

The staff and the atmosphere of the hostel is totally awesome. Only thing is the lockers were tiny but it all worked out. Would definitely come back if I was in Edinburgh again. Liked that there was a girls only shower.

Hv a present stay in a triple bed private room in the 2nd floor ,stunning view from the window! The shower n toilets are clean n quite new i think

• Hong Kong

I loved my stay! Great staff, great roommates. So much to do and see!

• 20th Jul 2015

The rooms were really secure with the safe and the lockers, and the whole facility was kept quite clean which is always nice! Great vibe around with people in all the communal areas. Beds were a little thin against a solid wood base but if you're tired enough you won't even notice it! Great hostel!

Castle rock hostel was a great part of my trip to Edinburgh. The location is incredible - right at the foot of the castle, and the staff were really easy going and helpful. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it was super spacious - with a locker and safe for each person. The only negative thing were the showers. There wasn't enough room for clothes or towel so everything got pretty wet. Would definitely recommend regardless!

Thanks for the tips, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Edinburgh!

Hostel have great location . The staff in front door is helpful , the laundry service is super amazing. I feel great have someone help me to handle and when I came back to my room , all clear clothing here . I will go to this hostel again.

The beds creeped me out a little since they were old and unclean looking. However, the rest of the building and atmosphere was great. Perfect location in the city.

Unbeatable location in the old town, right next to the castle. Great atmosphere - they organised beer pong which was a good way to meet some new people. The hostel has several chill out areas and there is free tea/coffee available. Would absolutely stay again. One small annoyance was that there were no plugs by the beds - there was literally only one plug socket in the room as far as I could tell, and there is no reason an extension cord could not be included in the room.

Fun hostel with the most amazing location! An extra bathroom on the floor would have been nice especially at the busy times but all in all a really good place to stay within walking distance of all the fantastic sights Edinburgh has to offer. Friendly and helpful staff and a really fun atmosphere.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Nice and cosy, central location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7