Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

There was a French girl there who was very nice and I would like to express my thanks to your staff and her. Also, the guy from Sardinia (Dario?) made me feel very welcome and comfortable during my stay.

Great location, excellent staff, good value. Perhaps do something about guests who are yelling and banging in loudly in the hallways for extended periods of time.

• 22nd May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The best hostel ever!!!

• 21st May 2015

Best hostel ever!! Internet was slow but other than that everything was perfect.

Perfect atmosphere, perfect location, perfect staff. I'd only improve one minor detail - add extra hooks for towels etc near the sinks.

Not a bad place to stay. My dorm bed was right next to the door, which had a massive lightbulb above it which was on all the time. Bring an eye mask and some earplugs (as I did) and you will be alright. Good location, nice staff, a bit of a party hostel. In general a fun place. A little anonymous just because it is so massive - I wouldn't describe it as intimate. But for 12 pounds what do you expect?

If you're looking to maintain stair climbing this is the hostel for you! Not complaining! Just: Wow! Really unique castle-esque feeling. Very busy hostel - - lots of wonderful people.

I love the staff at the hostel... very friendly and accomodating.

Best hostel experience yet! The rooms were very spacious and clean. The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming (both staff and travellers). And of course the location can not be beat.

Wouldn't recommend too highly if you're traveling alone and are trying to meet new people-- there are a TON of people staying long-term and they kind of do their own thing together. Besides that, the hostel is MASSIVE, so meeting new people in the common areas is a tad overwhelming and difficult. Other than that, or for groups, I would definitely recommend or stay there again. Excellent location!

Very big place

Fantastic hostel in the heart of Edinburgh. Stayed in a 12 bed room for two nights and found the facilities excellent and loved that everything was in walking distance. Great first hostel experience for me! Would definitely stay here again in the future and would recommend it highly.

• 17th May 2015

Very nice and friendly hostel. The hostel truly had a space for every personality and age.

My Friend and I loved the hostel we felt very safe and well treated, evething we need we had the staff were all very nice.

• 15th May 2015

As a shy girl staying in a hostel alone for the first time, I was a bit apprehensive but that all changed as soon as I arrived. The staff were so friendly which really put me at ease, and I ended up having an absolutely incredible time in Edinburgh. I need to return to Edinburgh next month and I already know where I will be staying!

• 12th May 2015

I absolutely loved staying there! All the staff were so so nice and had great suggestions! Thanks castle rock hostel for making our Scotland trip amazing!

• 11th May 2015

Not a problem! Glad you had a good time!

This hostel is the best! It is right under the castle and in the middle of everything! Jon and Dario in reception are the best! :) everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is great. I can't wait to come back next year!

Thanks a lot! Go 49'ers!

Castle Rock is as usual a reliable choice if one is looking for an affordable and comfortable hostel.

The best of this hostel is location. Won't regret it

It is a good location! Thanks a lot.

Great hostel in a fantastic building right in the centre of town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7