Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

에든버러캐슬 바로 앞이라 접근성 하난 최고ㅎㅎ 장기투숙하는 사람이 많다보니 깨끗한편은 아니였어요. 한인민박 1일 숙박비가 캐슬락 호스텔 2박 숙소비니 숙소비는 확실히 저렴하네요.

Very very nice accommodation, with young and cool staff helping you in every question. Just recommended!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Hungary

Great stay at Castle Rock! The location is incredible and they have wonderful staff that are happy to help out with any questions. The security is also very well done. I would only be wary about the co-Ed bathrooms.

Everything was pretty excellent, the staff were nice and the rooms were clean. The only thing I forgot to mention to reception is that the light next to my bed was broken. I was in the currency room in bed Lira - it didn't diminish my stay at all, but I wanted to let them know :)

Excellent, we're glad you enjoyed yourself. Totally on that light, thanks for the heads up! -CastleRock

would definitely stay here again. thank you

• 19th Mar 2015

One of my favorite hostels in Europe so far. Great staff and the perfect location. Hostel is clean every one is friendly. Great common room if you are traveling solo. You can't go wrong staying here. If you can go on the free pub crawl on thursday. Its one of my favorite pub crawls in Europe.

Thanks a lot! Got to love Thorsday. Pop back over any time :) -CastleRock

Best hostel I stayed at in the UK! With three lounges, free coffee, hot chocolate, and tea, and lots of events (including their awesome pub crawl!) they really encourage guests to interact and make friends.

• 18th Mar 2015

This hostel is the greatest!! BEST STAFF EVER!!

• 18th Mar 2015

Thank you! I'm sure you were probably the best guest ever. Hopefully we'll see you again! -CastleRock

Absolutely a great experience at Castle Rock. I love it that the hostel is so near to the center and walkable to most attractions. There are free coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the kitchen, the staff are super friendly. Definitely recommend to everyone!

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

An excellent hostel with really friendly and helpful staff. A great location in a wonderful city. Really worth looking at if you're stopping in Edinburgh.

• 16th Mar 2015

Thanks a lot for your feedback - hopefully we'll see you again! -CastleRock

Excellent Atmosphere, very clean, sturdy beds with lockers next to them :) You really can't ask for more than that!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Great hostel, location is perfect, atmosphere is nice.

Very good facilities, huge kitchen, several different common areas. Bathrooms enough on each floor, power plugs beside each bed, wifi always working. Location is awesome, very good view to the castle. There were parties in the hostel every night, what is very good for someone travelling alone, just like me. Would definitely recommend (and actually already did!)

I really love this hostel. It was the second time I have been there. I highly recommend it :)

We thought our room could have used more hooks to hang stuff, and a sign to hang on the door to let housekeeping know not to come in. Otherwise fun place.

This was my second time staying at Castle Rock, and this stay was even better than my last. I've met hostel staff all over, but none have ever made me feel as welcome and comfortable as the folks working at Castle Rock. The beds are wooden bunks that do the trick, there are small lockers for each bed, and plenty of toilets with showers on each floor. Entry to the main door is secured by a staff member 24/7, the lounge is always a hub for sociability, and the atmosphere is incredibly inclusive.

A great place with a really fun vibe. The activites every night make it really easy to meet people especially as a solo traveller. Awesome location and awesome people. Special call out to Bruce for my excellent check in expereince. He was very friendly, helpful and made me feel right at home. Sad to leave but thanks for the awesome stay Castle Rock!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Made me feel at home right when I got there.

I really enjoyed my stay!! all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Thanks for all the advice on things to do/see and sorry for stealing all your maps.1 thing I forgot to mention thought the heating wAs a bit too high. the room I was in was boiling. Still, better than too cold but maybe you can check that out (room 43). Otherwise..everything was perfect, I was actually really sad to leave.Would have loved to have stayed longer, if I ever come to edinburgh again I will definately stay here!

• 9th Mar 2015

Hi, Not a problem at all, the maps are biodegradable from recycled material. You're helping us save the planet. We'll check out the thermostat in 43 and sort it out, thanks for the heads up! You should come back in summer during the Fringe. It's the cats pyjamas. -CastleRock

I had high expectation about this hostel as it was rated the top hostel in Edinburgh. Unfortunately I cannot support this statement as I think that the facilities are very old, rooms too small, and especially the noise did´t allow a comfortable sleep. Yes, it definitely had a nice and international atmosphere but there is a lot of room for improvement especially regarding the rather high price I paid.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7