Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

The hostel was nice. It was clean and the facilities were great. However, there were a lot(!!) of long-term guests and short-term guests trying to get into long-term, which I felt ruined the atmosphere of the hostel. For that reason, I wouldn't recommend it, particularly to a solo traveller who wants to be greeted by friendly and approachable people. Also, the pillows were horrible and breakfast was the worst and most expensive that I've had in a hostel.

That's one of the best hostel I've ever been with no doubt. This place is the quintessence of the hostel. Great facilities, great rooms, great atmosphere, great staff and organisation.

Great hostel in a good location right near everything. Friendly and helpful staff and the hostel is very clean. Will definitely stay here when I next visit Edinburgh and highly recommend.

Thanks a lot mate, congratulations on your beer pong victory. Cool, calm and collected. -CastleRock

NIce clean hostel, nice communal areas, would stay again

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

everything was good!

• 26th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Really nice location and good value for money!!!

This hostel was amazing! I have never met such friendly people that are so willing to help, even in the middle of the night they were super friendly! Your entire atmosphere was very cute and made my stay in Edinburgh that much more magical. Thank you! I will definitely be staying here again and soon as I can come back!

Castle Rock is located just next to Edinburgh Castle, and so it has a great location on the Royal Mile. It's a big place, and lots of people here are staying longer term - but there are also lots of people passing through as well. My bed had a lamp and sockets, and the bedding was comfy but the mattress was really worn through so if I stayed there longer than 2 nights I would have been really bothered by that. Basic breakfast available for £1.50 - juice, cereal, bread. Lots of lounge spaces too.

I had a great time. I really like how well the house is adapted to be a hostel and the decoration. I loved every single detail. The staff was amazing.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Spain

As a wise man once said, "It's not a house, it's a home". Thanks for staying with us! -CastleRock

This was my first stay at a hostel and I think I've been spoiled! The quality for price was outstanding and the facilities were wonderful!

• 24th Apr 2015

No worries, thanks for staying with us! Pop in again some time - you're always welcome. -CastleRock

The staff at Castle Rock Hostel were all very friendly and helpful.

It was a nice place really close to the Royal Mile. Breakfast was only £1.50 every morning and hot drinks were available all day. Plenty of information about the city was provided.

Just a great Hostel. Thanks

This hostel was awesome! It was extremely sanitary and did not charge for towels. The staff was incredible and there was a ton of lounging areas. It is right by the castle and basically on the Royal Mile. If you need a hostel in Edinburgh, this is the place you are looking for.

I had an amazing time at Castle Rock Hostel. It is beautifully located, cheap and there are very friendly people! Very recommendable.

• 20th Apr 2015

I had a great stay in your hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly and your facilities, especially the kitchen and lounges are great! I enjoyed the variety of decor as well. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and would be happy to stay with you again.

Everything about this hostel is GREAT! You cant get a better location. A few different lounges for different moods. A great theater room if you're feeling lazy. And a major plus is the laundry service!! The breakfast is light but worth the £1.50. I have nothing bad to say about this place. I actually ended up extending my stay for 2 extra night because not only is Edinburgh an amazing place the hospitality at Castle Rock made it that much better. A+

Hostel is central, right at the castle and other attractions. Facilities are what you'd expect. Free locker is alywas good. Plenty of space to relax. A happy customer!

This was my second time staying in this hostel, and I had such high hopes because my first time staying here was awesome! This time...we were stuck in a 12 bed room in the "basement." Unfortunately my top bunk was right next to some sort of sealed door, which people were smoking outside of all night.......not a fun time. But, the location of this place is key so I guess you have some wins and loses when you stay in these kind of places.

We really enjoyed our stay at the hostel, the atmosphere was great and the building amazing! The room was big but with enough private space. And also the bathroom was clean and big. We can really recommend the hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7