Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Had fantastic shower / bathroom facilities. Great communal space to eat breakfast or chill out through the day or night also had a great computer room. Wifi was great. Great location. Really really cool hostel. Loved it!

Everything was perfect.

This is the best hostel I've stayed in. Amazing atmosphere, awesome people, beautiful location, comfortable, quiet, and clean. Absolutely no complaints. I will definitely use this hostel whenever I can visit Edinburgh.

• 19th Apr 2014

All round an extraordinary hostel - felt like staying in a castle! Only issue i had in the entire stay was that in the morning there was some issue about missing milk or bread or something which was a bit of a downer. The night staff however were absolutely lovely, very welcoming and kind, they made up for it! :) Definitely would stay again!

• 19th Apr 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Having tea and coffee available all day is always a nice detail. I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the dining room, a big place, plenty of people, where you can read newspapers from all over the world, have lunch, play pool, watch a film or simply chat.

this hostel was one of the best I've stayed at so far. the toilets and showers on the first floor, which I used when I first arrived, were not the best (there was a queue for the 4 shower cubicles), but afterwards I was on the third floor which had more showers that looked more clean. There are events going on in the hostel almost every night. The staff were very friendly and I was given a map with recommendations for what to do when I checked in. And the location was excellent!

i really love this hostel its the 2nd time i've stayed and must be good for that to happen. the staff are really friendly, and every room has a theme to it so that's kind of cool and unique

Brilliant hostel - comfy beds, hot showers and top location. The movie room and music room are fantastic!

• 15th Apr 2014

The only suggestion I have would be to add more outlets in the bathroom; it would be easier to blow dry one's hair in the bathroom rather than sleeping quarters so other sleepers aren't woken up by the noise.

• 15th Apr 2014

The staff was great. Great location, the staff even helped me with travel plans. Great stay, great city!

• 14th Apr 2014

The only thing I could possibly complain about is the mattresses are quite thin. This hostel is fantastic.

Out of the three hostels that I stayed at during my Easter vacation, Castle Rock was my favorite. The bedrooms were very accessible and being so close to the Castle was really special. I also really like not having to bring a phone charger as I could leave it at the front desk to charge. I high recommend this hostel to anyone travelling in Edinburgh.

I only stayed one night, but this hostel was great! Very spacious rooms, amazing location right near the castle, and very friendly atmosphere.

• 12th Apr 2014

Wonderful. Great, friendly atmosphere, fun activities, and a great location. Most secure hostel I've seen.

Though Castle Rock is a little on the older side facilities wise it was very comfortable and showers were always clean and hot. The staff on the front desk were really helpful as well! Would be good if you could get wifi in the dorm rooms though. Overall loved it here and would recommend and stay again! Thanks guys!

Had a very enjoyable say,,visit Edinburgh regularly , very nice relaxed atmosphere ,we'll run hostel ..

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

The guys there are awsome

Better have seperate bathroom for male and female.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

I like the hostel, but is too much expensive for they provide, we have to pay for the breakfast and wi fi don´t working. The price don´t worth.

• 8th Apr 2014

Just think the bathrooms could be separated by gender and the breakfast should include fruits + cheese & ham, even if it means to pay a little extra.