Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Really great vibe and wonderful staff!!

While efficiency slowed down with four of us checking in on one reservation, we all loved our stay. We felt safe, the location was amazing, the beds were comfy, things were clean, ect. I think if any of us come back to Edinburgh we will DEFINITELY be staying at Castle Rock again.

• 29th Nov 2014

This hostel made me feel at home literally the second I walked in. I was travelling alone and quickly felt as if i wasnt. The staff were all awesome, and everyone staying at the hostel were super cool! Would highly recommend this place and if I go back to Edinburgh I would for sure stay here again!

• 29th Nov 2014

Overall a nice experience and outstanding location but smelly, dusty and dirty to my standards (rooms and corridors)

I had a great 3 nights here, made all the more better by the great staff- always making a big effort to be attentive, helpful and friendly. The location is fantastic, right in the old town just next to the castle plus super close to the infamous grass markets. And free tea, coffee and hot chocolate! What's not to love

• 28th Nov 2014

Nice staying there, 1 of the best places in uk. Everything was fine from the arrival (even before) to the check out. Helpfull multilingual staff. Many services were offered for a deposit/small amount. (charger, towel, breakfast...) Several huge kitchen fully equipped and common rooms to meet people or chill out. The decoration was also nice. Minuses : the room itself was a bit small for 3p, the mattresses average. But the view was great, the place quiet for a good night after a long day walk

Didn't want to leave!

• 27th Nov 2014

We will definitely come back to Edinburgh and we will definitely stay in the Castle Rock Hostel because of the perfect atmosphere and the nice staff!!! Thanks for 5 awesome days and greetings from Germany Matthias, Jan & Christian

• 27th Nov 2014

Nice big cooking and communal areas.

Great location, very cool atmosphere, only thing is that the walls are super thin. If you don't mind much about getting a good night's sleep, then this place is just fine. A lot of fun with pool tables and movie nights.

Great hostel. Lots of common rooms. Movie room was my favourite :) staff were nice and a free pub crawl once a week. Would definitely stay again

We absolutely LOVED this hostel!! Location….atmosphere….everything was perfect!

I had a great time at the Castle Rock Hostel. The stuff was very friendly and helped me with everything. The atmosphere is very familiar. All the rooms were clean and you could find there everything you need.

This hostel was nice, but fairly large. The best part of this hostel was the fact that there were many lounges and was right across from the caste. Many good coffee shops right around the corner. The pub crawl was goofy but the places we went weren't the best.

I had a great stay short stay here, staff very friendly and helpful and the place was clean. Obviously great value as well. Would definitely stay here again next time I'm in the city.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Really enjoyed staying here! I feel that anyone who is staying in Edinburgh should stay at Castle Rock. Everything about this place is awesome. Will definitely come back in the future to stay.

Fantastic location. Wifi was good bit would drop out at times. Overall the staff were helpful however there was one lady who was very rude to some guests. If you're a solo traveller it is a great place to meet new people

Had an amazing time in the hostel. The staff was incredibly helpful and kind. Keep up the good work!

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Alekstson
  • Bulgaria

Absolutely loved this hostel! Great location, facilities and atmosphere :-) staff were fantastic too!

Well, the double private room is very narrow. It would be fine for one person, but still tight, you can imagine for two. The common areas are nice. The good point about this hostel is the location, a stone's throw from the castel.