Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

I love the staff at the hostel... very friendly and accomodating.

Best hostel experience yet! The rooms were very spacious and clean. The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming (both staff and travellers). And of course the location can not be beat.

Wouldn't recommend too highly if you're traveling alone and are trying to meet new people-- there are a TON of people staying long-term and they kind of do their own thing together. Besides that, the hostel is MASSIVE, so meeting new people in the common areas is a tad overwhelming and difficult. Other than that, or for groups, I would definitely recommend or stay there again. Excellent location!

Very big place

Loved my stay here - great place with a quirky atmosphere. It was easy to meet people and the faculties were great for the number of people staying. Fantastic location.

Fantastic hostel in the heart of Edinburgh. Stayed in a 12 bed room for two nights and found the facilities excellent and loved that everything was in walking distance. Great first hostel experience for me! Would definitely stay here again in the future and would recommend it highly.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Perfect location right by the castle, and great atmosphere with lots of events going on. The staff were very helpful and friendly, I would definitely come back here.

Best hostel in Edinburgh,excellent atmosphere its actually like a castle,it's huge and amazing,loved this place. too bad i stayed there for not too long would go there again soon :) Agustín

Very nice and friendly hostel. The hostel truly had a space for every personality and age.

My Friend and I loved the hostel we felt very safe and well treated, evething we need we had the staff were all very nice.

• 15th May 2015

This hostel was amazing! It was the first I stayed at (of 6) and absolutely phenomenal. I stayed in a 12 person room which I was a little nervous about at first, but that ended up being a very good thing because I met some really awesome people. The rooms are spacious, the lounges are comfortable and bright, and the staff is wonderful. Tip for girls bunking upstairs - don't bother with the women's WC, just use the main bathroom across the hall, much better water pressure.

The best hostel I get, no doubt. Very beautiful decoration, nice beds, rooms really bigs, no problems to take a shower, nice common areas.. Really nice. The only delusion was that has no beer selling inside, but it was not a problem. Near best places do know in the city. Higly recommended.

The location was great! The hostel was also very clean and the rooms were big. There are a lot of bathrooms down the halls so there was never any waiting. I wish I stayed longer.

As a shy girl staying in a hostel alone for the first time, I was a bit apprehensive but that all changed as soon as I arrived. The staff were so friendly which really put me at ease, and I ended up having an absolutely incredible time in Edinburgh. I need to return to Edinburgh next month and I already know where I will be staying!

• 12th May 2015

I absolutely loved staying there! All the staff were so so nice and had great suggestions! Thanks castle rock hostel for making our Scotland trip amazing!

• 11th May 2015

Not a problem! Glad you had a good time!

This hostel is the best! It is right under the castle and in the middle of everything! Jon and Dario in reception are the best! :) everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is great. I can't wait to come back next year!

Thanks a lot! Go 49'ers!

probably one of my favourite stay in all my trips, definitely worth to spend money. it's close to the castle area and the facilities are good. the staffs are really cool people. please if you're going to edingburgh just stay here :)

Castle Rock is as usual a reliable choice if one is looking for an affordable and comfortable hostel.

The best of this hostel is location. Won't regret it

It is a good location! Thanks a lot.

Great hostel in a fantastic building right in the centre of town.