Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great place to stay! Loved it, once again!

Everything was excellent. Cute and cozy. They even called to ask about a trip with one tourist company. The lounges are excellent. The only downside is that there are no sockets in some of the rooms, but you can charge your phone at the entrance. All in all, I'd stay there again :)

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Croatia

Very small room, like a cell. I don't think the sheet was changed when we checked in. Very poor soundproof. It's like no privacy. And even no WiFi in the room! Hated the stay there. Will never go again.

Hi there, we are sorry you were not happy with your stay. We of course make the bed with fresh sheets for all new arrivals. Yes the double rooms are not overly big, but we offer a great hostel (not hotel) experience, with lots of atmosphere in our lounges and common areas (and that is where the free wifi is!). Happy travels!

I enjoyed too much my stay in there. Thanks a lot and continue being friendly with us and help the backpackers that came all over the world.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • talmeidamartins1362

This hostel is basically everything you expect in a great hostel: secure (must show a receipt/ticket every time you enter), clean, fun atmosphere, great location, and helpful staff. The only thing that could be improved is the WiFi - almost impossible to use in the room (we were on the first floor). Thanks for a great stay!

It's a good hostel, had a good stay, no complaints. The only niggle for me was the use of cotton sleeping bags in the beds. I like to push my feet out and I find sleeping bag liners restrictive.

Everything was great! Helpful stuff, perfect location..I liked it very much :)

Great place. Big and great value for money. Right next to the Edinburgh castle and I had a great view of the city from my room. Great facilities and everything.

Great If u r in edinburgh First time, it could be little difficult to find hostel. However since u've got to hostel, it is very easy

Very inviting atmosphere, helpful and informed staff.

Excellent hostel! What I liked the most is the location and the place itself, with lots of lounges and common areas. Also, cool staff and great atmosphere. Totally recommend it!

• 15th Mar 2014

Great little spot in a great location. Would stay again for sure!

This hostel is awesome! Best one I have ever stayed at! It has the coolest atmosphere!

Nice and friendly staff! awesome atmosphere with a nice hangout/dining area which was good to interact with other travellers :) Love this place, will definitely be back if i visit Edinburgh again!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Castle Rock was a brilliant hostel! It is in a perfect location to explore Edinburgh, especially the iconic locations! I found Castle Rock very homely and welcoming, and the staff were very helpful with tips and tricks about getting around Edinburgh and the best places to go and things to do! I didn't take advantage of the social side of Castle Rock as I was booking things for the future in the evenings but the variety of common rooms accommodate everyones needs!

Amazing hostel, I really enjoyed my stay at Castle Rock! First of all, the staff is great!! Everything gets cleaned on a daily basis. There are two huge kitchens, lots of common rooms, and your beds have funny names. Also, there is a little safe inside your locker and both can be locked separately (you don't even need to bring your own lock). A lot of activities are offered as well (e.g. pub crawl and movies), and the location is perfect! Would definitively recommend it and come back!

• 11th Mar 2014

Fantastic hostel! It is just more than I can expect. The building is fantastic and this hostel is so large and everything is so Scottish! Absolutely my favorite in UK. It could be better if the wifi works.

Absolutely amazing! Located right under Edinburgh Castle! This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

Loved this hostel! The location was amazing with the castle right in your face when you leave the hostel. The staff were warm and welcoming and I miss them already! Very cool place, would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• 9th Mar 2014

The staff at Castle Rock were amazing, as was the atmosphere. I felt completely safe at the hostel, and there were lockers available for each person.