Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Excellent hostel! What I liked the most is the location and the place itself, with lots of lounges and common areas. Also, cool staff and great atmosphere. Totally recommend it!

• 15th Mar 2014

Great little spot in a great location. Would stay again for sure!

This hostel is awesome! Best one I have ever stayed at! It has the coolest atmosphere!

Nice and friendly staff! awesome atmosphere with a nice hangout/dining area which was good to interact with other travellers :) Love this place, will definitely be back if i visit Edinburgh again!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Castle Rock was a brilliant hostel! It is in a perfect location to explore Edinburgh, especially the iconic locations! I found Castle Rock very homely and welcoming, and the staff were very helpful with tips and tricks about getting around Edinburgh and the best places to go and things to do! I didn't take advantage of the social side of Castle Rock as I was booking things for the future in the evenings but the variety of common rooms accommodate everyones needs!

Amazing hostel, I really enjoyed my stay at Castle Rock! First of all, the staff is great!! Everything gets cleaned on a daily basis. There are two huge kitchens, lots of common rooms, and your beds have funny names. Also, there is a little safe inside your locker and both can be locked separately (you don't even need to bring your own lock). A lot of activities are offered as well (e.g. pub crawl and movies), and the location is perfect! Would definitively recommend it and come back!

• 11th Mar 2014

Fantastic hostel! It is just more than I can expect. The building is fantastic and this hostel is so large and everything is so Scottish! Absolutely my favorite in UK. It could be better if the wifi works.

Absolutely amazing! Located right under Edinburgh Castle! This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

Loved this hostel! The location was amazing with the castle right in your face when you leave the hostel. The staff were warm and welcoming and I miss them already! Very cool place, would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• 9th Mar 2014

The staff at Castle Rock were amazing, as was the atmosphere. I felt completely safe at the hostel, and there were lockers available for each person.

Brilliant hostel, absolutely deserves its reputation as one of the best in the country, if not the world. Comfortable, plush and beautifully furnished, with a lively, welcoming atmosphere, and great service standards and attention to detail by the staff.

• 7th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed! I highly recommend.

The only problem is the internet... I was at the top floor and no signal, if u go to main lounge, strong signal but it wasnt working... It is a very good hostel, but they really need to improve the internet signal...

I spent a lovely night at the castle rock. I'll definatly come back again. The location is brilliant and I especially enjoyed the posh lounge.

perfect location, few lounge rooms & nice staff ! great for a weekend :)

Great staff, awesome location, great facilities. The only downside is that it's quite large so it's hard to meet people if you are a solo traveller. Also a lot of the people staying are actually living there so everyone is already in groups and very hard to meet people.

Clean, good location, towels for 20p, good common areas and free wifi.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Greece

Perfect location, friendly staff who were always willing to help and a great environment. Easy to meet other travellers and a great place to base yourself. Everything to see in Edinburgh is available on foot.

Awesome hostel! Staff are brilliant, make you feel really welcome and at home. If you go to Edinburgh you have to stay at Castle Rock! I'll definately be back again. Thanks!

• 18th Feb 2014

The mattress was a bit thin.