Castle Rock Hostel Reviews

15 Johnston Terrrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

It value for money is great, to be a Hostel it is really good! But, one fact upset me a lot: I've book 2 nights, and unfortunately I had to stay each night in one different room, not really a problem for me. What pissed me of was the fact that I had to check out and check in again! Get out of the room ate 10:30 and wait for the super late check in they work with 14:00! They should clean the room quickly and in at last 30 minutes be ready for me, not threat as a new check in! Unrespectfull!

Hi there, I'm very sorry you had to check out and then in for your 2 bookings. The hostel was fully booked so we weren't able to get you into your new room immediately. We are a very large hostel and it does take a while to get everything clean and ready for you and everyone else checking in. 2pm is a pretty standard check in time, if you get to check in earlier to other hostels while travelling that's a bonus. Happy travels!

Awesome hostel and people. Best place to stay in Edinburgh!

Facilities: there seemed to be only one female toilet for our 12 bed dorm (room 42) - but having said that I never had difficulty getting into it, so maybe there were others I just didn't find. Breakfast rolls delicious. Location perfect for sightseeing in Edinburgh. Staff very helpful, and fellow travellers friendly. Good value for money, though I expected breakfast to be included in the £28 price. Arriving: couldn't get into room until after 2.30, even though get-out time was 10am.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Very nice, will definitely choose Castle Rock again next year. Loved the music room, and very clean toilets/showers! However, if you're looking for constructive comments: The sheets and pillows were clean, but very worn and likely in need of replacement. Also, would it be possible to put a power socket between each set of beds? Having just one set at the other end of the room wasn't great. Thanks!

• 10th Aug 2014

Hi, Thanks a lot for your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We've actually just finished expanding our power points, and we'll make a note of your comments regarding the linen. Best Wishes, Castle Rock

Best location ever!! Just a few meters from Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle. Private lockers in the bedrooms and identification card requested any time you enter the hostel contribute a lot for the security. Breakfast is not included, but it costs only 1,5 pound.

Awesome place, just what we were looking for, perfect location in the heart of the city by the castle, really helpful front desk staff in particular.

• 7th Aug 2014

It is a great place, I just loved the decoration :)

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed at this hostel for 1 night and would recommend this to anyone going to Edinburgh. The location is excellent. I was in an 8 bed mix dorm which was very spacious and comfortable. Rooms have lockers for valuables and overall security was great. Bathrooms were shared with Females and males but there was plenty of space and privacy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I loved how the hostel had many areas to chill out. I highly recommend this hostel!

Loved the way it looked. Clean, nice staff.

• 6th Aug 2014

This was a very pleasant hostel with excellent communal areas and super large (+ clean) kitchen. Good stay.

I hate staying in a dorm as a couple, but we couldn't get a double room anywhere while the Fringe was on. Even though I hate dorms, Castle Rock was comfortable enough that I didn't mind it. The atmosphere and facilities here are great! The lounges are really handy for when you're staying in a dorm -- most people hang out in one of the three lounges so that the dorms stay pretty quiet for sleeping.

Hi, Yes, our private rooms sell out exceptionally quickly during the Fringe so you have to get in early! Thanks for your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we'll see you back next year. Best Wishes, Castle Rock

The location is spectacular! The staff was very helpful with everything. They even got a nice pack for a swollen leg! Also helping with tours, laundry, printing and so many details with great fun. The record room was not only a unique touch but a fanastic meet up. The bed was not comfortable and they were a lack of plugs in the room.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed your time with us. We've recently finished expanding our power sockets - hopefully your next stay with us will be fully charged! Kind Regards, Castle Rock

The location is superb, but other than that, not so special as you would expect from the rating.

Very clean, very close, and the staff are more than happy to accommodate you. The interior of the building feels new and clean, and the kitchen is fairly large. If I'm in Edinburgh again, I will most certainly try to stay there again!

• 1st Aug 2014

Glad to hear you enjoyed you stay! See you next time! Cheers

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » last »