Castle Tam Hostel Reviews

Avenida 4,100 metros oeste Escuela de la Roosevelt, San Pedro, San Jose, Costa Rica

Super nice hostel! Nice staff and a cool atmosphere to it. The only problem is that it's a bit out of down town... Yet again it's located at a nice neighborhood with a mall and cinemas in. Wouldn't go there again but definitely recommend it

The hostel was dirty, had rats and cockroaches in the kitchens...

• 25th Nov 2014

If there was a problem with cleanliness it was never reported while this guest was there and we do not agree with this person's remarks. She stayed five days. If there was that big of a problem I would ask her why she did not leave on Day 2? I hope others will look at reviews other than this one when making their decision on where to stay.

great hostel. friendly and helpful staff. clean and cute. my only negative comment would be the mattress was really thin and I could feel the metal bars on my back on the bunk. otherwise, everything was great.

Decent enough hostel. Staff very helpful. Would stay there again. Comfortable dorm bed with separate light & curtain. Had to leave early in the morning so am unable to. Moment on the breakfast

Staff was not too helpful in terms of what to do and how to do it. The showers were awesome an the bed setups nice. Breakfast was great too...pancakes:)

Friendly staff. If you want a good sleep than stay here. It looked sketchy but quickly found out it's the opposite after going down town San Jose one night.

• 10th Oct 2014

Good place close to the university so it's close to lots of bars and restaurants. Safe to venture out and staff are very helpful

One staff member was very friendly and so helpful but one was very rude , working in a hostel is not the right job for him with such attitude. Hot water only worked once during my stay.

2 kitchens, great staff, very secure!

Great Location, great staff, clean rooms and bathroom. I liked that it has a quiet atmosphere and the staff maintain the place. I would stay here again. Its in a safe area near the university so there are a lot of places to eat.

Honestly, it wasn't what I expected. I thought the vibe would be fun like other hostels but it wasn't. The staff were "ok" but they could have been better. Some of the guests seemed pretty racist and anti-social. When I traveled to the beach-side and other parts of Costa Rica, the people were MUCH more friendly. If I could do it all over again, I would have picked somewhere else to stay. I decided to never do hostels again lol

• 5th Jul 2014

good job boys! keep it up. To mix up the breakfast once in a while would be nice, im not a pancake man.

• 28th Jun 2014