Casual Way

Fabulous 180 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 180 Total Reviews

1st Feb 2017

This is a fantastic hostel. Real awesome place to chill with a common room on the ground floor and a nice little rooftop upstairs. Everything from the beds to the bathrooms are top notch and A Wei the owner is a fantastic bloke who's surrounded himself with great staff. Def the place to stay in town!

• blumemin
  • South Korea, Female, 25-30
1st Feb 2017
3.4

Extremely disappointed in regards to my stay in this property. The staff was very unfriendly, they had absolutely no sense of welcoming guests or running a business venture like this one. Zero information was provided about the city and its major tourist attractions, it seemed like every question was a problem for the working personal. The communal area is way too small, impossible to sit and relax in this place, so we were forced to leave and chill in a nearby coffee shop. Go somewhere else pls

Hi, for the first , we are really sorry that you feel so bad here.we will improve to let here chill as much as possible. for the second, we want to say, we are willing to provide any info that you need. you two had asked me about how to rent a motor,we did answer you. for the rest like traveling info, if you ask us, we absolutely give you good suggestion about Kaohsiung. but you don't ask us then will let us misunderstand that you have plan already. for the third, sorry for the common area is small. So that's why we have a roof top common area there. everybody can use it. finally, thx for your review, we will improve asap.

• rebeccamariawilley
  • USA, Female, 18-24
31st Jan 2017
7.1

For being so cheap, I have to admit that it's a good value. You get what you pay for to some degree though. I was not greeted very kindly when I came in, which I think doesn't need to be the case because it doesn't cost anything to be warm and welcoming. The bathrooms were small and kind of annoying, but at least the shower was enclosed. Also you have to remove your sheets and put them in the laundry yourself. Maybe I feel like this because I had just stayed in a really nice hostel in Dulan.

• South Korea, Female, 41+
12th Dec 2016

- The bus station for Kenting, Fangliao, Kaohsiung is literally door step away. - Super informative & helpful - Very fluent in English & Chinese

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
11th Dec 2016

My friend and I stayed at Casual Way for one night. We arrived in Kaohsiung early and the owner was kind enough to let us drop off our bags at the hostel before our check-in time. We enjoyed our stay overall. Our room was on the fourth floor so we weren't bothered by any noise from the lobby, but the steep stairs might be an issue for anyone with handicaps. Our room and bathroom were very clean, but the lobby was a bit of a mess and doesn't allow for a lot of socializing. Not bad for the price.

• Vietnam, Female, 18-24
28th Nov 2016

I really enjoyed my time here. The hostel is around 3 minutes walking from MRT FORMOSA Boulevard (remember to take the exit 8). The hostel owner A Wei is a friendly guy and active in making conversation with the guests. The bathroom and toilet are really clean. It should be among the cleanest ones I have been to.

• Hong Kong, Couple, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
29th Oct 2016

Good location, the staffs are very nice, and the WIFI works well in the room and common area.

• Vietnam, Mixed Group, 25-30
9th Oct 2016

The staffs are very friendly and it's in a great location, just close to Formosa Boulevard MRT Station. It will be more perfect if there could be more bathroom and toilets

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
30th Aug 2016

This hostel is located in amazing place to travle Kaohsiung. It is one sad thing that the lobby is not too big for meeting other guests.

thanks for your coming , we are happy to have your good suggestion Actually, we have a roof top garden, it is really good for you guys drinking! Still , thanks again

27th Aug 2016
8.0

All of girls and boys in hostel are very kind and helpful. I like it. By the way, after the boss knew I need go to Kenting and he helped me to book a car to go and it was cheap.

hi~ thanks for your reviews for us. our location is just 3 mins walk to the intersection of the metro, I think here is really good location. For other shortage, we will improve asap~