Casual Way

Fabulous 195 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 195 Total Reviews

3rd Apr 2017

Good location in Central Kaohsiung with eateries, shopping areas and two street/night markets. Big and clean rooms, good ventilation and a lot of amenities (soap, shampoo, hair dryer, towel, etc). Only con: difficult to find as it's not at the intersection as stated; I had to call the staff to locate the hostel.

1st Apr 2017
3.7

This hostel doesn't deserved the rating it get. It has no atmosphere, staffs hardly speak English, bathroom so small. Place is messy and dirty. Power cord running from bed to bed a tripping Harvard. Place not much cheaper than other nice and clean hostels in the area.

21st Mar 2017
7.4

Madress very thin. Few toilets and showers.

7th Mar 2017

The owner was simply lovely! I was having terrible insomnia and he walked me to a pharmacy at 2am to get medicine. The hostel was right next to a very cool book store, and the bus stop was close by as well. A little crowded and not super clean, but this hostel has great personality. Two thumbs up!

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017

The best hostel in kaohsiung. The manager awe and the staff is awesome, always friendly and ready to helpful. You will feel like at your best friend's home. I can't really underdtand why some review are complaining about them.... The location is just at the heart of the city and easy to find. And also so many cheap places to eat and shopnearby!! The facility is quite decent compared to the price. And I've seen that they have a very good control of the cleaness as well. My rate 10/10.

1st Mar 2017

Hostel with good atmosphere and nice staff.

1st Feb 2017

This is a fantastic hostel. Real awesome place to chill with a common room on the ground floor and a nice little rooftop upstairs. Everything from the beds to the bathrooms are top notch and A Wei the owner is a fantastic bloke who's surrounded himself with great staff. Def the place to stay in town!

• blumemin
  • South Korea, Female, 25-30
1st Feb 2017
3.4

Extremely disappointed in regards to my stay in this property. The staff was very unfriendly, they had absolutely no sense of welcoming guests or running a business venture like this one. Zero information was provided about the city and its major tourist attractions, it seemed like every question was a problem for the working personal. The communal area is way too small, impossible to sit and relax in this place, so we were forced to leave and chill in a nearby coffee shop. Go somewhere else pls

Hi, for the first , we are really sorry that you feel so bad here.we will improve to let here chill as much as possible. for the second, we want to say, we are willing to provide any info that you need. you two had asked me about how to rent a motor,we did answer you. for the rest like traveling info, if you ask us, we absolutely give you good suggestion about Kaohsiung. but you don't ask us then will let us misunderstand that you have plan already. for the third, sorry for the common area is small. So that's why we have a roof top common area there. everybody can use it. finally, thx for your review, we will improve asap.

• rebeccamariawilley
  • USA, Female, 18-24
31st Jan 2017
7.1

For being so cheap, I have to admit that it's a good value. You get what you pay for to some degree though. I was not greeted very kindly when I came in, which I think doesn't need to be the case because it doesn't cost anything to be warm and welcoming. The bathrooms were small and kind of annoying, but at least the shower was enclosed. Also you have to remove your sheets and put them in the laundry yourself. Maybe I feel like this because I had just stayed in a really nice hostel in Dulan.

• South Korea, Female, 41+
12th Dec 2016

- The bus station for Kenting, Fangliao, Kaohsiung is literally door step away. - Super informative & helpful - Very fluent in English & Chinese