Catba Hostel Reviews

160 Nui Ngoc street, Hai Phong, Cat Ba Island, Vietnam

Owner was slightly pushy with tours, scooter rentals etc. even though he said that in his hostel this does not happen. Also refused to give hot water and actually even told another customer (my friend) that he doesnt want to give out hot water, because then everybody would want some. This is the mentality there. Value for money, but not the nicest place to stay. Good location if you want to be close to city.

Good hostel great value for money , very friendly and helpful staff.

Great value! Close to everything and will help you find cool things to do. :)

The staff was rude to me when I returned my rental scooter and tried to rip me off over the amount of gas I used, I had to drive the bike to the petrol station at 9pm to avoid overpaying. Other places on the island that have beach view and breakfast included are better value

The owner was nice and helpful, but hospitality needs improvement. I booked a dorm, but upon arrival it was sold out. The owner was nice enough to give me a double room for the same price. The hostel website advertises Breakfast Included- not true. You have to pay extra, so DO NOT expect breakfast. I would've left a better review, had he simply offered me a coffee or something for the false advertising (even if it wasn't intentional), hospitality101. I even brought extra guests from the ferry!

This place is ok,and a very cheap place to stay. Buy there is not much going on, or atmosphere whilst I was there. Also not too clean and aircon didn't work. Is an OK place to stay, but much preferred staying closer to main strip.

Cat ba hostel Nice staff and clean room always they try to help you if you need anything I olso try they tea in front of hostel . I has rent motobike from catbahostel it is so cool you can go around the island with motobike by yourself , on Cat ba island I can visit national park ..... , very nice island , I wouldlike to tell other come in Catbahostel for stay with very cheap price

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Best price - helpful staff hostel in Cat ba island room is very nice and clean housekeeping in room everyday , strong wifi available in room , the staff in hostel very friendly and help me during I have stayed in this hostel , I would like to recommend this one to other person coming to Cat ba island :

• 5th Sep 2015

Best hostel for stay I booked 1 night in this hostel and stay another night here , room is nice and very cheap for backpacker , I would like to book Boat trip from here I has good day on Boat to Lanha bay and Ha long bay kayaking as well , staff so friendly and help us all time when we came to lobby , Thanks Mr Trung who is staff in this hostel

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Austria

really easy atmosphere and suits the needs. cheap tours that were very good and helpful, friendly staff

We could. Have found something nicer for the price. Had a private room, but it was it very clean, found cigarette butts when we got home. 2nd day (from the cleaner we assume)

← Back to search results