Caterina Hostel & Guesthouse Reviews

VI.Ter�z krt.30.III.28., Budapest, Hungary

First hostel without bunk beds. Big rooms.

no lockers and no lock on bedroom door. breakfast very basic - no tea or coffee, however the hostel is right by a metro station and the staff are very friendly. good shower and clean kitchen facilities

The staff was very kind and helpful with all my questions. The location is great as one is within walking distance of everything. I would gladly stay there again. It isn't the most luxurious place but it was definitely good for the money. It is nice to be able to have a place to stay that is so affordable. Another thing that I really appreciated was that it was not a party hostel. It was expected that people were quiet after 10pm and that there was no alcohol on the premises.

• 13th Oct 2014

Good: Free towel, great location, owner was very helpful and nicest person we met in Hungary(!!), had use of big kitchen and space between 6 people. Bad: Breakfast just toast and jam or cheese, no cereal! Our private room could only lock from inside, so 4 bed room beside us could have walked in.. On 3rd floor of big old building and no quilts only thin blanket so would get very cold in winter. No curtains on our (big) window... Overall: Not the best but still very good value for money.

I've spent a very good time in there. Attila at the reception and the owner, Clive were very helpful about any issue. The next time I'll be in Budapest, I will definitely stay at Caterina Hostel again. The inner courtyard of the building was like from 1940's and it felt like I am staying at a special place. Thanks guys for everything and see you next time.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Such a nice place to stay! A kind and helpful host, a beautiful hostel. We stayed two more nights than we first planed!

• 28th Sep 2014

We enjoyed our stay in the hostel very much. Location is really near the centre, so we went there only on foot. Staff was nice and English speaking. In our room was everything, we needed (wardrobe, commode, towels), we had private bathroom, which was newly renovated. There was also a kitchen with fridge, kettle, cooker and some dishes. Breakfast was included (toast, jam, cheese, coffee and tea). In the building, there isn´t a lift - it wasn´t problem for us, but for someone it can be.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Staying here was a delight, the host was flexible and was able to upgrade our room and was very accommodating.Great location close to Oktagon centre. I would definitely recommend staying here for a relaxing night.

We got a spacious four beds room only for us with a small kitchen and a bathroom. It's in the city center (50 meters from the tram line that goes everywhere). Perfect deal! Not a party hostel

The appartment was great value for money and it was very secure and in a perfect location. Thanks for providing great accommodation for my stay in Budapest