Caterina Private Rooms and Apartments Reviews

VI.Ter�z krt.30.III.28., Budapest, Hungary

We stayed here for one night in August, and Caterina Private Rooms and Apartments didn't disappoint. One of our favorite hostels during our interrail trip! The hostel provided great directions and is situated in a great location. Very clean, tidy, staff were lovely and always available to help! We love Budapest and would definitely stay here again!

Great location, very nice staff. Clean room and nice apartment, only the bathroom with shower would need a better cleaning. It was a pleasant experience, I will come again :)

Very very rude old lady

the place was very nice and the staff was very welcoming, nice and helpful

Very good place, friendly staff,clean rooms. Recommend

It was quaint- I liked the building itself. Liked that the laundry was free. The staff person was somewhat unfriendly, however, which made me uncomfortable during my stay. Also I knew that they would be adding an extra tax before I got there because I read their info carefully. They should include the tourist tax in the original total.

Beautifully kept, perfect for a tight budget and a quiet refugee from busier hostels and parties on the streets of Budapest.

• 11th Jul 2015

The stairs to the apartment were a bit daunting at first and knackering throughout our stay. When we got past this the hostel was good, with a good size kitchen and clean bathrooms. The hostel owner was helpful, advising us on the best things to do in Budapest, the prices of these things and train times. Overall a very good hostel from which to explore the beautiful city of Budapest. (A good base for nights out also).

Very hot rooms, no atmosphere what so ever. Had to talk to the staff through the fence, felt like a cage. Great location, very loud in the rooms from the street all night. Air con would be good

Great place in adapted tenement house, clean, good location, nice people.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Poland

It is right at the centercenter ans when you climb the stairs you might wander you've made a bad choice. But the hostel is super clean, rooms are spacious and the staff is super nice! would definitely stay here next time if am around!

Great location right near Oktogon and many great sights, restaurants and pubs. Staff we do friendly and helpful - gave us all the info we needed to traverse Budapest. Beds were comfortable, showers worked, kitchen had everything we needed to self-cater dinner.

Nice place with easy access to the main attractions. The rooms are nice and big and the beds are very comfortable. However, I did not understand why they make people pay to leave their luggage on the day of departure. No other place I have been to does that.

The lady who greeted us on arrival was unfriendly and difficult. After trying to establish the best method to get to the airport the next day, we decided on the bus option and were told it had been booked. Later in the evening when we checked up on this, we were told it hadn't actually been booked. Fortunately another member of staff assisted us in booking a taxi for the next day. This all took up a considerable amount of time for what was simply booking travel to the airport.

• 23rd Jun 2015

I stayed first in a dorm and then in an apartment. Both the dorm and the flat were very nice and clean with high ceilings, the flat spacious. It is a small hostel, very calm and quiet. Staff is friendly and the location is excellent. Only we asked to get our shower drained fixed, but it never happened. There was no lock on the dorm door, but it felt OK because there is always a member of the staff there and you still need to unlock two other doors to get in to the hostel.

No one were there to let us in when we arrived from the airport, so we had to wait in the street for half an hour, which was annoying. But everything else was really good, a great, clean place. Would probably stay here again.

Good value for money in an amazing location, easy to find and good transport links. Only problem was that it was very noisy at night with traffic noise. But apart from that was amazing

The location of Caterina Hostel is excellent, metro station is about 2 minutes away on foot but I rarely needed to use it because the most important places could be reached on foot too. The receptionist is very nice and helpful. It is definetly not a mass hostel, there are few rooms and not so many people, it is very calm and silent. The only problem is that it is located on the 4th floor without lifts. It can be very tiring if you have heavy luggage or breathing problems. It is an old building.

Perfect situation for exploring the city and kind staff to help you make the most of your time in Budapest. Clean shared bathrooms and bedroom, but limited kitchen facilities for cooking. Peaceful atmosphere but glass panes in bedroom doors reduce overall feeling of privacy which was a real shame. Would definitely return as has brilliant value for money, great staff and in an incredible city!

I really love it. It is just located in the central part of the city. And living in a old building is really attracting experience for me. The price is low but everything is just enough for me!