Caterina Private Rooms and Apartments Reviews

VI.Ter�z krt.30.III.28., Budapest, Hungary

First hostel without bunk beds. Big rooms.

no lockers and no lock on bedroom door. breakfast very basic - no tea or coffee, however the hostel is right by a metro station and the staff are very friendly. good shower and clean kitchen facilities

The staff was very kind and helpful with all my questions. The location is great as one is within walking distance of everything. I would gladly stay there again. It isn't the most luxurious place but it was definitely good for the money. It is nice to be able to have a place to stay that is so affordable. Another thing that I really appreciated was that it was not a party hostel. It was expected that people were quiet after 10pm and that there was no alcohol on the premises.

• 13th Oct 2014

Good: Free towel, great location, owner was very helpful and nicest person we met in Hungary(!!), had use of big kitchen and space between 6 people. Bad: Breakfast just toast and jam or cheese, no cereal! Our private room could only lock from inside, so 4 bed room beside us could have walked in.. On 3rd floor of big old building and no quilts only thin blanket so would get very cold in winter. No curtains on our (big) window... Overall: Not the best but still very good value for money.

I've spent a very good time in there. Attila at the reception and the owner, Clive were very helpful about any issue. The next time I'll be in Budapest, I will definitely stay at Caterina Hostel again. The inner courtyard of the building was like from 1940's and it felt like I am staying at a special place. Thanks guys for everything and see you next time.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Such a nice place to stay! A kind and helpful host, a beautiful hostel. We stayed two more nights than we first planed!

• 28th Sep 2014