Cats' House Hostel Reviews

Saksahans'koho, 20/4, 2nd floor, Lviv, Ukraine

A glimpse at soviet life all worn down and tired. Look at a visit here as a journey to a bygone time. But the vibe is good and if you are counting hryvnias closely a genuine bargain. Just don't expect elegance and post 1960 appliances. A friendly convivial owner makes the threadbare fun so why not?

Hostel is located near city center. Host couple was very kind and sweet. I arrived over check in time.... that was super late... despite of that, they greeted me and my friend so we could sleep well. Thanks.

Owners of the the hostel are nice and hospitable people: they let me pay a half of a day price, when I told them, that I'm leaving at 2 a.m. Hostel is located in a 19th century building and rooms are heated by stoves.

I think in Ukraine, you have to expect differnet things. 90% rating in Ukraine does not mean 90% rating in some other countries. The facilities are rather old and there is only one bathroom and one shower. The staff was really nice and walked me to different places to help me figure out train situation because I had a language barrier with other Ukrainians in English. They make nice breakfast in the morning. The bed is not as comfotable, but acceptable.