Cats' House Hostel Reviews

Saksahans'koho, 20/4, 2nd floor, Lviv, Ukraine

very good atmosphere, i had a room with a balcony so it was nice view, nice and helpful staff, standard maybe isnt great but for this price i didnt expected more

We spent there 4 nights, in general we had a good experience. The hostel is really close to the center, so it was perfect. But, beds were like stones, only one toilet and one shower, bad smell always inside, and in general the atmosphere was not good. In our room we had one strange couple, they were sleeping during the day and going out on night, accumulating a lot of junk on the room (clothes, microwave...), turning on the light at 3 a.m and screaming between them....

The owners were nice, but the locker was a wooden cabinet with a flimsy lock. I had my prosumer camera and new MacBookPro in there while I was out during the day, and i had a hard time trusting my fellow guests.

• 25th Jul 2015

I have no idea how this place is so highly rated. Big rooms, reliable fast WiFi and hot water, thats all. Only 1 toilet and 1 shower, incredibly uncomfortable beds, messy dark kitchen, cramped apartment, unhelpful staff. I left after 3 days and found MUCH better places in Lviv for even less price. Go elsewhere.

A glimpse at soviet life all worn down and tired. Look at a visit here as a journey to a bygone time. But the vibe is good and if you are counting hryvnias closely a genuine bargain. Just don't expect elegance and post 1960 appliances. A friendly convivial owner makes the threadbare fun so why not?

Hostel is located near city center. Host couple was very kind and sweet. I arrived over check in time.... that was super late... despite of that, they greeted me and my friend so we could sleep well. Thanks.