Caulaincourt Boutique Hostel Reviews

2 Square Caulaincourt 75018, Paris, France

This was my second time staying at this hostel. I love the free breakfast and the location. The staff are also always friendly and willing to help. This place really needs some Updates though. The rooms only have two outlets, which is a bit inconvenient when you have more than two people staying in the room. None of the bathrooms have outlets. The decor is bright and fun but could use some updating as well. ***Would still stay here again.

I have stayed in many hostels, but none as deceiving as this "boutique" hostel. The positives: its very close to the metro, easy to arrive from CDG, Orly and several Gares. It has free continental breakfast and wifi that works. But also has a lot of negatives: The rooms are old, the ensuite showers minimal, the plumbing in need of repair, the staircases to reach the lower floors look derelict and it is very "quintessentially french" (in a Chevy Chase´s European Vacation sense).

Good in general. The narrow and spiral staircase can be quite a challenge for suitcase carriers.

there is no lockers in the room and 2 power plugs per room. because of some mix up, the staff has to come in the middle of the night to sort it out. the lady at the reception is very friendly and breakfast is okay though.

Good clean and nice hostel/

Had a great stay! Stay were very friendly and helpful.

Nice surprise to get our own shower. Great location and easy to find. The breakfasts were good.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

6 person room was a bit cramped, but everything was well kept, and in a great location!

Great breakfast!

I don't know what the problem was, either dust mites, something similar, or maybe the type of detergent used on the sheets, but I was itching the entire night and the next morning. I've never had something like that happen anywhere before so I doubt it is the detergent, so I'm guessing the hostel has dust mites. Also the night check-in guy was very unhelpful in recommending a place to eat when I got in late and because of this a lot of places started closing (at only 10pm) before I found one.

• 2nd Jun 2015

The hostel has a nice location and is close enough to the metro and bus stops to provide an excellent outlet to the rest of The Parisian attractions beyond walking distance. I really enjoyed my stay.

• 1st Jun 2015

I spent just one night in this hostel but I strongly recommend it: good location (at the feet of the Sacre coeur, in a nice area, close to the underground station), cosy atmosphere, a plentiful breakfast... in the end, good value for money!

• 23rd May 2015

The staff was always so nice and welcoming - I had to leave before the continental breakfast in the morning adn was able to grab a croissant on my way out, no problem. However, my 6 person room can only feasibly accomodate 4 people, it would have been unreasonably crammed with any more than 4. The bathroom also always seemed to have a funky smell, but overall it was not a bad stay!

Male Staff in the reception hardly speak English and they seemed to be uncomfortable if you arrive after 2 am because you wake them up. Breakfast is very good and location is perfect. You can reach to everything by metro. There is a good Thai restaurant close to the hotel and a lot of places to buy fruits and different things. Most of the things around the aerea close at 10:30, if you want a little bit of night life you should walk about 15 min crosing the bridge close to Moulan Rouge.

Not the hostel to go to if you want to meet people. Free breakfast includes coffee, tea and a croissant/roll. Rooms were clean and modern.

Clean rooms, great staff, great breakfast, great location in Montmartre and very safe and near metro Lamarck-Caulaincourt! I loved staying at Caulaincourt Hostel and would have loved to stay for more than 7 days. I stayed at another hostel 10 min from the Gare du Nord and it was not nearly as good as the Caulaincourt Hostel. Highly recommended.

I had such a great time here. The staff was helpful. It is located right by the metro in Montmarte by far the cutest area in Paris. I will definitely be back some day.

• 15th May 2015

It's a nice place in a really pretty area. It's easy to get around to other places as well as the Metro station is just down the street.

Nice beds, good breakfast, pretty clean rooms.

Pleasant stay. Had to walk down a lot of stairs to get to the room.