Caulaincourt Boutique Hostel Reviews

2 Square Caulaincourt 75018, Paris, France

Tucked away into a quaint part of Montmartre. Very close to Sacre Coeur. Staff were friendly and helpful.

A very nice hostel/hotel. It's close to a lot of things like a market, a laundromat, and tons of restaurants and bakeries, however the meto ride to all of the main attractions is a bit of a distance. It took two metros to get to the Eiffel Tower as well as the Louvre. They upgraded us from a shared dorm to a private for free and let us check in four hours early. The free breakfast was great. We had a shower and a sink inside our room with a shared toilette for our floor which was always clean.

It's in a cool area, and while not that close to the centre by foot, easily accessible by metro. However, they really should think about getting lockers, and also the shortage of sockets in the dorms is slightly irritating. It was a good place to stay, and included breakfast, however didn't really have a hostel atmosphere, as there was no real place where people sat and met up.

Bald man behind reception, very rude and caught napping whilst on shift as we returned very quietly at 4:30AM!

• 20th Jul 2015

The guy behind the counter is very rude, tiny rooms and no common area to socialise

The Hostel is good. It is close to a Metro station and it is located in good place, in general. If you are carrying a big luggage you'll have some troubles since there is some HUGE stairs to get to the Hostel. The breakfest is good. There is no ar conditioning system in the rooms.

Atmosphere was alright just didn't have great common area and value was only average compared to most hostels not compared to hostels in paris

All up, a nice, small hostel and a good location. It is well situated, just off a nice street about 10-15 minutes walk from Sacre Coeur and 2-3 minutes from a metro station. It was quiet at night. The dorm rooms are quite small, particularly the shower cubicles, and there's not much storage space and no lockers in the dorm rooms. The free wifi was fast and had a good signal in the dorm room. Breakfast was good - coffee, croissant, bread, jam, cereal. I enjoyed my stay.

it was OK

While the immediate location isn't great- very close proximity to all that the lovely Montmartre has to offer. Rooms are very tight, too tight for luggage in addition to the people/beds. Atmosphere was not a social one. You have to leave the hostel between 11-4 everyday for cleaning. Breakfast was nice. Internet did not work in the room consistently. I'd recommend staying airbnb over hostels (only in Paris)-- I frequent the city & find airbnb a better value here.

Perfect location for the trip I was taking! Traveling alone, I felt quite comfortable in the neighborhood, and better yet met some great friends in the all-girls (4 bed) room I reserved. The place is quite comfortable with good wifi, private bathrooms, and breakfast available in the morning. Nothing was absolutely wonderful but everything was consistently nice, which meant more to me. Paris was ridiculously hot at the time and I wish there were fans. But- would stay here next time I'm in Paris!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • sheaesnider

This place had great facilities and location in a cool neighborhood not far from the Metro. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm for 3 days, though, and neither the room nor the bathroom was cleaned during that time. This is odd considering they want you out if the room for cleaning by the early afternoon. Still, this was a good hostel with a fantastic breakfast.

Upon arrival we were bumped up from a dorm to a private room with shower and sink, which was nice as we were a couple! The neighborhood is really nice and is about a 10 minute walk to the Montmarte area.It was also great that a simple breakfast was included. We were recommended the free walking Babble Fish tour and it was excellent!

The rooms are very small (especially bathrooms) and not exactly state of the art, but the hostel is located very well and team and athmosphere were awesome! I'd go there again :-)

Lovely area, close to metro and sacre couer. A bit quiet atatmosphere wise, staff wouldn't let us smoke out aide after 2 which was disappointdisappointing considering how late paris stays up till.

• 29th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at caulaincourt and I think the rest of my firmed s who made the trip with me would agree. It was our first proper holiday without or parents and we were all apprehensive but found the hostel to be a great atmosphere with a good location which can isn't too touristy so you get a real feel for the French lifestyle it was also quite clean. Negatives were between four of us there was two pugs, one of them was near the floor and was good, the second was on the ceiling!

• 27th Jun 2015

This was my second time staying at this hostel. I love the free breakfast and the location. The staff are also always friendly and willing to help. This place really needs some Updates though. The rooms only have two outlets, which is a bit inconvenient when you have more than two people staying in the room. None of the bathrooms have outlets. The decor is bright and fun but could use some updating as well. ***Would still stay here again.

I have stayed in many hostels, but none as deceiving as this "boutique" hostel. The positives: its very close to the metro, easy to arrive from CDG, Orly and several Gares. It has free continental breakfast and wifi that works. But also has a lot of negatives: The rooms are old, the ensuite showers minimal, the plumbing in need of repair, the staircases to reach the lower floors look derelict and it is very "quintessentially french" (in a Chevy Chase´s European Vacation sense).

Good in general. The narrow and spiral staircase can be quite a challenge for suitcase carriers.

there is no lockers in the room and 2 power plugs per room. because of some mix up, the staff has to come in the middle of the night to sort it out. the lady at the reception is very friendly and breakfast is okay though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3