Caulaincourt Boutique Hostel Reviews

2 Square Caulaincourt 75018, Paris, France

It's depend the staff on duty the that day was quite hostile and rude to me. Also when I asked for towel Wednesday morning. Other thing the people who was in the room 35 left some plates and cup behind them. So I took the items to the main kitchen. As I came out she went back to the kitchen and told off. She thought I was the one who used without watch them. I found that attitude and rudest non acceptable to communicate to the clients.

• 16th Jul 2014

Overall hostel is great. Wonderful location. Dorm rooms are however very small. The 6 bed female dorm should be for 4 people. There was nowhere for bags. Extremely cramped. Great to have ensuite toilet and shower. However a tall person could probably not shut door or dry themselves comfortably in shower room. Great if you are small person but definitely not for tall or large person. Also no real common room to meet people. Breakfast was nice and typical. Though not really all that healthy.

Several problems. Bed bugs. The German girl at the desk was great. And one of the housekeepers. I have heard of lockout hours but this was the first time I have ever been locked IN the building with no way out. It was 4 am and our room keys are supposed to let us in 24 / 7. We could get in with the key but the magnetic lock on the inside didn't work to let us out. This was a death trap.

I've stayed at Caulaincourt several times now and it's one of my favourite hostels. The eclectic décor gives it an interesting vibe, the staff are unfailingly friendly, and it's well-connected to the metro. The rooms are a bit small, but you get excellent value for your money by Parisian standards.

Good place right by sacre coeur. Not the cleanest but not an issue. Typical hostel feel, a little small but okay. No lockers in room but wasn't a problem.

Not bad overall - TERRIBLE kitchen. Don't expect to eat here. There are no knives! Location is great though. Walk about 10min down the road and you'll see a million cafes and shops. The Moulin Rouge is close by too. Close to the train which is very convenient. Quite social as well - good common space. Rooms were pretty small. I'd probably recommend it

Best location to stay in Paris without question. Room was quaint, a little cramped and there are no in-room lockers - however you don't go to Paris to sit in a room and rooms are secured with a swipe card lock. The kitchen is not equipped to cook - I would suggest microwave meals or eat out. All staff were helpful with everything we asked about. Definitely the only place I'll stay in Paris next time I visit!

They provide a free basic breakfast every morning within a certain time period

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

I honestly can't think of one thing about his hostel that was appealing. I was in a 6 bedroom and the bunk beds were so cheap and creaky, one didn't even have a ladder to the top bunk. No common room even though they could just open the "bar area". They have a kitchen but nowhere to sit after you cook. And you have to be out of yor room for 5 hours? What are you even paying for then?

• 2nd Jul 2014

Positives- good location about 20minutes away walking from the arc de triomophe. And is right next to metro! Densely staff who speak English, free computers, free good breakfast, tv and good views from rooms. Good directions. Negatives- be prepared to climb lots o stairs in and around the hostel! Squeaky bed and small rooms. Overall a good stay, would have wanted it cheaper but is hard to find somewhere cheap in Paris!

toilet flooding, good breakfast. location is OK, good value for price

Excellent hostel really close to the metro, ideal for getting around the city. Cute room and really clean. The staff we're friendly and really helpful.

• 29th Jun 2014

A nice hotel/hostel if you want to be near the Sacré-Cœur, and a metro stop is close, so other parts of Paris are easily accessible. We had a four bed room with an ensuite shower, which was small but very clean. 11am-4pm lockout was a minor inconvenience, and some of the staff members were not too friendly (especially the older guys). As the other reviews say, the atmosphere is almost non-existent. The free breakfast is decent, with the basics like croissants, cereal, juice.

Its a great place, but the kitchen is very poor, and there is no common room open.

Not enough powerpoints Tiny rooms

This hostel is in a great neighborhood, within walking distance of many interesting restaurants and boutiques, and sometimes outdoor festivals. Their free breakfasts are good, and the rooms are well-decorated, and they have always had multiple working computers when I have stayed here, which I am very grateful for.

I have bed bug bites all over my arms and legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK

• 20th Jun 2014

Reasonable price for Paris. Lovely neighbourhood. Near a metro and the sacre coeur. Wasn't amazing but it gets the job done and that's what you want - particularly for that price in Paris.

This is not a hostel but a cheap hotel. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was cramped with very little space to store luggage or securely lock it up. The room itself was tidy enough however the bunks were rickety, the pillow didnt have a pillow case but were wrapped in the bottom sheet, a light woolen blanked was all the warmth provided. Ensuite bathroom was moldy; grout, shower screen, celling ect. The kitchen was illequiped. Location perfect, perhaps try a private room?

The staff was awesome! We check in at 11h in the morning and so a lot of people had to check-out at the same time. We waited for 20-30 minutes, but the receptionist saw us waiting and when it was our turn he upgraded our room to a much better one that was already available so we didn't have to wait anymore. It was so kind of him! The free breakfast was okay. It consisted of bread, jam, cereal, milk and coffee. As for the rest it was really good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5