Caulaincourt Boutique Hostel Reviews

2 Square Caulaincourt 75018, Paris, France

Excellent hostel really close to the metro, ideal for getting around the city. Cute room and really clean. The staff we're friendly and really helpful.

• 29th Jun 2014

A nice hotel/hostel if you want to be near the Sacré-Cœur, and a metro stop is close, so other parts of Paris are easily accessible. We had a four bed room with an ensuite shower, which was small but very clean. 11am-4pm lockout was a minor inconvenience, and some of the staff members were not too friendly (especially the older guys). As the other reviews say, the atmosphere is almost non-existent. The free breakfast is decent, with the basics like croissants, cereal, juice.

Its a great place, but the kitchen is very poor, and there is no common room open.

Not enough powerpoints Tiny rooms

This hostel is in a great neighborhood, within walking distance of many interesting restaurants and boutiques, and sometimes outdoor festivals. Their free breakfasts are good, and the rooms are well-decorated, and they have always had multiple working computers when I have stayed here, which I am very grateful for.

I have bed bug bites all over my arms and legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK

• 20th Jun 2014

Reasonable price for Paris. Lovely neighbourhood. Near a metro and the sacre coeur. Wasn't amazing but it gets the job done and that's what you want - particularly for that price in Paris.

This is not a hostel but a cheap hotel. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was cramped with very little space to store luggage or securely lock it up. The room itself was tidy enough however the bunks were rickety, the pillow didnt have a pillow case but were wrapped in the bottom sheet, a light woolen blanked was all the warmth provided. Ensuite bathroom was moldy; grout, shower screen, celling ect. The kitchen was illequiped. Location perfect, perhaps try a private room?

The staff was awesome! We check in at 11h in the morning and so a lot of people had to check-out at the same time. We waited for 20-30 minutes, but the receptionist saw us waiting and when it was our turn he upgraded our room to a much better one that was already available so we didn't have to wait anymore. It was so kind of him! The free breakfast was okay. It consisted of bread, jam, cereal, milk and coffee. As for the rest it was really good.

Other reviewers are right when they talk about the lack of space in the dorms - it's certainly cosy! The lack of lockers in the room was frustrating, however staff were very helpful and happy to store valuables at reception during the day. It's a great location, very close to the metro, and overall I'd recommend staying here.

The best hostel I have stayed at so far! The staff is very friendly and it has all the facilities you can need. Location too is in a very good part of town. Highly suggest it.

Slept very well as room was dark and quiet. Computers for internet access were very much appreciated.

There are no locker in the room, no common room in the hostel. The toilet in the room is a little bit small, the shower is bad as well (i stayed in Room 15), the temperature of the shower is really unstable. I found three bed buds on my bed and the blanket looks dirty. You can hear the noise from the corridor clearly. The only good thing is the breakfast is quite good, they have croissants, french bread and cereals.

I booked this hostel with my two others friend, when we arrived the hostel, they said it is full and we need to check in separate room. But the next day I found that there was a room which is not full at all...the room I sleep only had a small bathroom without toilet, I need to use the public toilet but the public toilet didn't has a sink to wash hands. The bed sheet is a little bit dirty, I feel itch after I use it. The breakfast time end too early and don't have much of choice.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Place was good.I found myself very easy.Just room was so small.People who ın receptıon was cold not very near.But other thıngs was good.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

The rooms were too crammed, the blankets had hair on them, the bathrooms didn't have any outlets at all. The guy was rude at the front desk and there was like 2 outlets for 6 people. The breakfast was decent.

Great staff and hostel!

• 10th Jun 2014

no locker in the room, rooms to small - room no. 15

Disgusting staff!(esp. on the counter). the counter service man, didn't know how to count money, called us 'rubbish' & 'idiot'. we chose to ignore him considering him stupid(didn't want to ruin our trip). the bedsheets were dirty. Wi-Fi didn't work! the door lock cards didn't work. was given a room on 4th floor, there was no lift!!! not even one good reason why one should stay there. I have travelled to more than 12 different countries, and no other hostel has disgusted us ever like this one.

• 31st May 2014
  • India

Location was good as well as cleanliness, however the staff was very rude.

• 31st May 2014