Caulaincourt Boutique Hostel Reviews

2 Square Caulaincourt 75018, Paris, France

This is not a hostel but a cheap hotel. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was cramped with very little space to store luggage or securely lock it up. The room itself was tidy enough however the bunks were rickety, the pillow didnt have a pillow case but were wrapped in the bottom sheet, a light woolen blanked was all the warmth provided. Ensuite bathroom was moldy; grout, shower screen, celling ect. The kitchen was illequiped. Location perfect, perhaps try a private room?

The staff was awesome! We check in at 11h in the morning and so a lot of people had to check-out at the same time. We waited for 20-30 minutes, but the receptionist saw us waiting and when it was our turn he upgraded our room to a much better one that was already available so we didn't have to wait anymore. It was so kind of him! The free breakfast was okay. It consisted of bread, jam, cereal, milk and coffee. As for the rest it was really good.

Other reviewers are right when they talk about the lack of space in the dorms - it's certainly cosy! The lack of lockers in the room was frustrating, however staff were very helpful and happy to store valuables at reception during the day. It's a great location, very close to the metro, and overall I'd recommend staying here.

The best hostel I have stayed at so far! The staff is very friendly and it has all the facilities you can need. Location too is in a very good part of town. Highly suggest it.

Slept very well as room was dark and quiet. Computers for internet access were very much appreciated.

There are no locker in the room, no common room in the hostel. The toilet in the room is a little bit small, the shower is bad as well (i stayed in Room 15), the temperature of the shower is really unstable. I found three bed buds on my bed and the blanket looks dirty. You can hear the noise from the corridor clearly. The only good thing is the breakfast is quite good, they have croissants, french bread and cereals.

I booked this hostel with my two others friend, when we arrived the hostel, they said it is full and we need to check in separate room. But the next day I found that there was a room which is not full at all...the room I sleep only had a small bathroom without toilet, I need to use the public toilet but the public toilet didn't has a sink to wash hands. The bed sheet is a little bit dirty, I feel itch after I use it. The breakfast time end too early and don't have much of choice.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Place was good.I found myself very easy.Just room was so small.People who ın receptıon was cold not very near.But other thıngs was good.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

The rooms were too crammed, the blankets had hair on them, the bathrooms didn't have any outlets at all. The guy was rude at the front desk and there was like 2 outlets for 6 people. The breakfast was decent.

Great staff and hostel!

• 10th Jun 2014

no locker in the room, rooms to small - room no. 15

Disgusting staff!(esp. on the counter). the counter service man, didn't know how to count money, called us 'rubbish' & 'idiot'. we chose to ignore him considering him stupid(didn't want to ruin our trip). the bedsheets were dirty. Wi-Fi didn't work! the door lock cards didn't work. was given a room on 4th floor, there was no lift!!! not even one good reason why one should stay there. I have travelled to more than 12 different countries, and no other hostel has disgusted us ever like this one.

• 31st May 2014
  • India

Location was good as well as cleanliness, however the staff was very rude.

• 31st May 2014

The hostel itself is very nice, it's a shame that there is no "common room" or a place to stay in the afternoon or at night for getting to know the other people. The room used for breakfast would make for a great bar \ social place.

• 29th May 2014

This was a decent hostel. It didn't have a great atmosphere, as it wasn't very social, and it was a little overpriced (but what isn't in Paris?), but it was fairly clean and comfortable and it had ensuite bathrooms, which was a plus! The only complaint I have is about security. There were no lockers! As backpackers, your bag is your life and lockers should be a necessity in any hostel. I never felt in danger of being robbed, but it would have been nice to have the extra peace of mind.

The breakfast is not good. Other things are really good.

• 26th May 2014
  • Colombia

The staffs were completely helpful during my stay, and they also serve an excellent breakfast in continental style ! The surrounding area was mesmerizing ! Will def staying here again whenever I'm in Paris .

• 23rd May 2014
  • Indonesia

I stayed for one night and it was great. For a one night stay in a 6 bed mixed, I thought it was very well priced and the place was clean. No bed bugs or dirty sheets, I felt comfortable crashing there even if it was for 5 hours. The walls did seem a bit thin since I could hear people walking up and down the stairs from my bed but nothing that ruined my experience. Location is pretty superb, being so close to the metro and only 40 mins walk from Les Champs-Élysées. Definitely would recommend.

Good location, a short walk to Sacré-Cœur. Metro is near. No lockers in the room. No soap in the toilet, so bring your own. Staff in ok. Breakfast was nice (coffee, tea, juice, bread, croissants, cereals)

Our stay was great, the staff was helpful. It is not the best location, but the metro is close. I missed a common room to meet other backpackers.