Caulaincourt Boutique Hostel Reviews

2 Square Caulaincourt 75018, Paris, France

3 bunk beds squeezed into too small a space. No room for travelers bags with no more than 2 feet between beds. Maybe my room was an exception but it was absurd. Can't recommend due to this and also no top sheet on the bed. Just an old blanket (not wrapped in a sheet like some hostels). Everything else was fine.

• 15th May 2014

I loved my stay in that place. Most of all I liked the location - two streets behind Basilic Sacre Coeur. This part of Paris 18th arr. is one of the most beautiful according to me with it's artistic people and places to go. About the hostel - it was clean and quiet during my stay. I was in a room of 6, but in fact only 4 beds in the room were occupied. There's a small kitchen, one can use and also some shared space to eat. I recommend this place and would go there again.

• 14th May 2014
  • Bulgaria

The place was pretty good. I would recommend it, however, the people who work there seem to hate their jobs especially the guy at night. And don't ask them where things are because they will send you on a wild goose chase. I asked them where the visitors centre, an ATM and a fast good restaurant was and they sent me to the wrong place all 3 times. Not impressed. But outside of that, the place was pretty good and was cleaner then most hostels.

The hotel was nice, fantastic location for Paris! Kitchen was pretty dirty - food was left out which attracted flies.

Nice location in Montmartre just a few minutes to a metro station, clean, ok breakfast and there is a small kitchen. But the staff were unfriendly, our room (female dorm) were tiny and there weren't any lockers or linen for your blanket.

Free breakfast was very good, but room was small

Central location, supermarket and eateries nearby as well as sacre cour and metro which is easy to navigate. No real communal area, kitchen a little untidy but ample cooking favilities, 6 bed female dorm very small inc bathroom. Would only reccomend a2-3 night stay.

Really beautiful place, good breakfast and friendly staff!

No es un hostel! Es un hotel intentando ser un hostel! El señor de la recepcion cuando quiere entiende ingles, o le conviene!

Wonderful location, was very happy with everything. Would definitely return.

Paris is expensive, and this was good value in a brilliant position. You get what you pay for - we had a room which certainly brought us closer together. Only room for the bed and one very small loo and shower. But the shower was hot; the bed was fine; and a view over Paris. Breakfast was also much better than expected.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Super place to stay in Paris. Only a few minutes away from the Sacre Ceur with the best view over Paris by night. O lot of faboulus restaurants close and the metro station is well conected. We loved the hostel and had a warm and friendly welcome

It was a very gloomy atmosphere. The bathroom in my 6 bed room was essentially 2 separate closets - one with a toilet and one with a sink and tiny shower. It was very quiet and nobody seemed to talk to each other. However, it was easy to get to and in a good location (very accessible by metro) and the staff was helpful if asked.

Very small room for 6 persons and many steps from the street and inside hostel. Good breakfast.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Good location in montmartre. The rooms and bathrooms are quite small. Breakfast is ok. I guess for Paris the value for money is good.

The hostel is a little bit far from the center of Paris but facilitates close the disadvantage. Breakfast and rooms are good.

The room is too small for 6 people, and only have two plugs which are located really badly in the room. It was really clean and breakfast was good. the door closes at 2am so you cant really go out.

I stayed here last week and overall had a great experience. It's in a great location, it's vey clean, the breakfast is great, and in general the staff were helpful. I did have one problem that I thought may be worth mentioning. I came home quite late one night and the man at the desk was very forward with me and although it wasn't a big deal for me to say no, it made me worry for other female guests that may come back to the hostel after drinking and be easily taken advantage of.

• 18th Apr 2014

Loved staying here! The location was wonderful and the staff (Clemence) were extremely helpful. It was just a wonderful place to stay!

In the north of Monmartre and off the tourist track makes it a great place to start a visit in Paris. Metro is just around the corner and so are the local grocery, bakery etc. The rooms however can do with better beds, ones attached to the wall so you don't wake up the other while going for a sleep :-).

• 17th Apr 2014