Caulaincourt Boutique Hostel Reviews

2 Square Caulaincourt 75018, Paris, France

The best hostel I have stayed at so far! The staff is very friendly and it has all the facilities you can need. Location too is in a very good part of town. Highly suggest it.

Slept very well as room was dark and quiet. Computers for internet access were very much appreciated.

There are no locker in the room, no common room in the hostel. The toilet in the room is a little bit small, the shower is bad as well (i stayed in Room 15), the temperature of the shower is really unstable. I found three bed buds on my bed and the blanket looks dirty. You can hear the noise from the corridor clearly. The only good thing is the breakfast is quite good, they have croissants, french bread and cereals.

I booked this hostel with my two others friend, when we arrived the hostel, they said it is full and we need to check in separate room. But the next day I found that there was a room which is not full at all...the room I sleep only had a small bathroom without toilet, I need to use the public toilet but the public toilet didn't has a sink to wash hands. The bed sheet is a little bit dirty, I feel itch after I use it. The breakfast time end too early and don't have much of choice.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Place was good.I found myself very easy.Just room was so small.People who ın receptıon was cold not very near.But other thıngs was good.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

The rooms were too crammed, the blankets had hair on them, the bathrooms didn't have any outlets at all. The guy was rude at the front desk and there was like 2 outlets for 6 people. The breakfast was decent.

Great staff and hostel!

• 10th Jun 2014

no locker in the room, rooms to small - room no. 15

Disgusting staff!(esp. on the counter). the counter service man, didn't know how to count money, called us 'rubbish' & 'idiot'. we chose to ignore him considering him stupid(didn't want to ruin our trip). the bedsheets were dirty. Wi-Fi didn't work! the door lock cards didn't work. was given a room on 4th floor, there was no lift!!! not even one good reason why one should stay there. I have travelled to more than 12 different countries, and no other hostel has disgusted us ever like this one.

• 31st May 2014
  • India

Location was good as well as cleanliness, however the staff was very rude.

• 31st May 2014

The hostel itself is very nice, it's a shame that there is no "common room" or a place to stay in the afternoon or at night for getting to know the other people. The room used for breakfast would make for a great bar \ social place.

• 29th May 2014

This was a decent hostel. It didn't have a great atmosphere, as it wasn't very social, and it was a little overpriced (but what isn't in Paris?), but it was fairly clean and comfortable and it had ensuite bathrooms, which was a plus! The only complaint I have is about security. There were no lockers! As backpackers, your bag is your life and lockers should be a necessity in any hostel. I never felt in danger of being robbed, but it would have been nice to have the extra peace of mind.

The breakfast is not good. Other things are really good.

• 26th May 2014
  • Colombia

The staffs were completely helpful during my stay, and they also serve an excellent breakfast in continental style ! The surrounding area was mesmerizing ! Will def staying here again whenever I'm in Paris .

• 23rd May 2014
  • Indonesia

I stayed for one night and it was great. For a one night stay in a 6 bed mixed, I thought it was very well priced and the place was clean. No bed bugs or dirty sheets, I felt comfortable crashing there even if it was for 5 hours. The walls did seem a bit thin since I could hear people walking up and down the stairs from my bed but nothing that ruined my experience. Location is pretty superb, being so close to the metro and only 40 mins walk from Les Champs-Élysées. Definitely would recommend.

Good location, a short walk to Sacré-Cœur. Metro is near. No lockers in the room. No soap in the toilet, so bring your own. Staff in ok. Breakfast was nice (coffee, tea, juice, bread, croissants, cereals)

Our stay was great, the staff was helpful. It is not the best location, but the metro is close. I missed a common room to meet other backpackers.

3 bunk beds squeezed into too small a space. No room for travelers bags with no more than 2 feet between beds. Maybe my room was an exception but it was absurd. Can't recommend due to this and also no top sheet on the bed. Just an old blanket (not wrapped in a sheet like some hostels). Everything else was fine.

• 15th May 2014

I loved my stay in that place. Most of all I liked the location - two streets behind Basilic Sacre Coeur. This part of Paris 18th arr. is one of the most beautiful according to me with it's artistic people and places to go. About the hostel - it was clean and quiet during my stay. I was in a room of 6, but in fact only 4 beds in the room were occupied. There's a small kitchen, one can use and also some shared space to eat. I recommend this place and would go there again.

• 14th May 2014
  • Bulgaria

The place was pretty good. I would recommend it, however, the people who work there seem to hate their jobs especially the guy at night. And don't ask them where things are because they will send you on a wild goose chase. I asked them where the visitors centre, an ATM and a fast good restaurant was and they sent me to the wrong place all 3 times. Not impressed. But outside of that, the place was pretty good and was cleaner then most hostels.