Caulaincourt Boutique Hostel Reviews

2 Square Caulaincourt 75018, Paris, France

Paris is expensive, and this was good value in a brilliant position. You get what you pay for - we had a room which certainly brought us closer together. Only room for the bed and one very small loo and shower. But the shower was hot; the bed was fine; and a view over Paris. Breakfast was also much better than expected.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Super place to stay in Paris. Only a few minutes away from the Sacre Ceur with the best view over Paris by night. O lot of faboulus restaurants close and the metro station is well conected. We loved the hostel and had a warm and friendly welcome

It was a very gloomy atmosphere. The bathroom in my 6 bed room was essentially 2 separate closets - one with a toilet and one with a sink and tiny shower. It was very quiet and nobody seemed to talk to each other. However, it was easy to get to and in a good location (very accessible by metro) and the staff was helpful if asked.

Very small room for 6 persons and many steps from the street and inside hostel. Good breakfast.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Good location in montmartre. The rooms and bathrooms are quite small. Breakfast is ok. I guess for Paris the value for money is good.

The hostel is a little bit far from the center of Paris but facilitates close the disadvantage. Breakfast and rooms are good.

The room is too small for 6 people, and only have two plugs which are located really badly in the room. It was really clean and breakfast was good. the door closes at 2am so you cant really go out.

I stayed here last week and overall had a great experience. It's in a great location, it's vey clean, the breakfast is great, and in general the staff were helpful. I did have one problem that I thought may be worth mentioning. I came home quite late one night and the man at the desk was very forward with me and although it wasn't a big deal for me to say no, it made me worry for other female guests that may come back to the hostel after drinking and be easily taken advantage of.

• 18th Apr 2014

Loved staying here! The location was wonderful and the staff (Clemence) were extremely helpful. It was just a wonderful place to stay!

In the north of Monmartre and off the tourist track makes it a great place to start a visit in Paris. Metro is just around the corner and so are the local grocery, bakery etc. The rooms however can do with better beds, ones attached to the wall so you don't wake up the other while going for a sleep :-).

• 17th Apr 2014

The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and even helped me out to my taxi at 4AM. Montmartre is not in downtown Paris, but it is interesting in its own right, and I actually liked it better than downtown Paris. The hostel is quite close to a subway where you can easily get to the rest of Paris. The breakfasts were good, the hostel was clean, and they had five computers for their guests to use. The hostel rooms even had atmosphere and were decorated nicely.

This was a really great hostel! The breakfast was very basic, but everything else worked out pretty well.

• 12th Apr 2014

Really cute, friendly people throughout the hostel. Not much of a lounge area. Also everything immediately surrounding the hostel closed on the earlier side, but not far from other things open late.

Really handy location. No lockers in the rooms and our room had mould in the corner.

Every room has a safe. It has got a kitchen but i hasn't got a dinning room, so you have to eat in the reception. The breakfast was included and it is quite complete. The location perfect, in montmartre and very close to a metro station. Great. Young atmosphere.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Rooms are nice and tidy, only an additional sheet beneath the blanket would have been nice. Breakfast is good as well. And the location in Montmartre is great!

• 9th Apr 2014

The hostel was okay: not the best I've stayed in nor the worst. Rooms were clean but no lockers to put yor stuff and the water pressure in the shower was non-existent ( I considered washing my hair in the sink instead). That being said the location was great: near Sacre Coeur and a metro.

I really liked the hostel. Especially the friendly staff, clean new bathroom in the room, nice breakfasts and of course location. I feel lucky to find such a good place to stay in Paris for such a price. This hostel can not be compared with others where I used to stay before! Please keep it like it is right now so we will visit you more and will advise your place to our friends :)

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Kazakhstan

The hostel is pretty nice! And the guy so amable. We really enjoy our time there.

Extremely small rooms with even smaller bathrooms. 1!!! plug for a room of 6 people. No linens. Great location and decent breakfast. Mattresses as old that I woke up during the night because the parts of my body that lied up high at the edges got numb... Bunk beds move, squeek and shake with every movement of one of the persons sleeping on it.