Caulaincourt Boutique Hostel Reviews

2 Square Caulaincourt 75018, Paris, France

Really handy location. No lockers in the rooms and our room had mould in the corner.

Every room has a safe. It has got a kitchen but i hasn't got a dinning room, so you have to eat in the reception. The breakfast was included and it is quite complete. The location perfect, in montmartre and very close to a metro station. Great. Young atmosphere.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Rooms are nice and tidy, only an additional sheet beneath the blanket would have been nice. Breakfast is good as well. And the location in Montmartre is great!

• 9th Apr 2014

The hostel was okay: not the best I've stayed in nor the worst. Rooms were clean but no lockers to put yor stuff and the water pressure in the shower was non-existent ( I considered washing my hair in the sink instead). That being said the location was great: near Sacre Coeur and a metro.

I really liked the hostel. Especially the friendly staff, clean new bathroom in the room, nice breakfasts and of course location. I feel lucky to find such a good place to stay in Paris for such a price. This hostel can not be compared with others where I used to stay before! Please keep it like it is right now so we will visit you more and will advise your place to our friends :)

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Kazakhstan

The hostel is pretty nice! And the guy so amable. We really enjoy our time there.

Extremely small rooms with even smaller bathrooms. 1!!! plug for a room of 6 people. No linens. Great location and decent breakfast. Mattresses as old that I woke up during the night because the parts of my body that lied up high at the edges got numb... Bunk beds move, squeek and shake with every movement of one of the persons sleeping on it.

Calancourt hostel is an amazing place to stay. I had a very good experience there. Excellent location... it's close to a small market where you can find cheap beers, wines and cheeses. it's also close to metro, which is very useful. Great breakfast!! The majority of the staff crew is very polite and useful, but there was one receptionist who I didn't like that much. He was a bit impolite. Anyway I recommend this hostel (y)

• 4th Apr 2014

Nice to stay at a clean hostel that included a breakfast of croissants, baguettes, cereal and drinks! One less meal to buy

• 3rd Apr 2014

First of all, I really like the free breakfast they provided, it was excellent! The location was good too and it was near the metro. They dont have personal locker in the room and the room was a bit cold in the morning and they ran out of extra blanket . Overall, it was an ideal hostel for backpacker in Paris.

As a hostel owner with years of experience I can say: Its a really good hostel!! All their features are very well cared and hi-quality. I definitely recommend.

A good hostel. Far away from the city centre and main attractions though. Mattress was a little dirty.

Not a bad place to stay. It's close to the metro and grocery shops. The staff were quite helpful too and it was clean enough and quiet enough at night time.

Very good hostel, very good price, perfect breakfast. The only thing that I have to complain is about the showers, it was so could, and about the lockers, there is no locker inside the room.

the room is so so so so small,no elevator,and I think the sheet is not clean,because I have some problems with my skin,,,the equipment is so old,,sometimes the internet is not good,but I think it s ok,next time If I have another choice,I will not choose this one!

• 30th Mar 2014
  • woshijingjingyi
  • China

The Hostel is beautifully located on top of Montmartre stairs and therefore ideal for a romantic Paris holiday. While in desperate need to either change their radio station/ music or at least lower the volume to something bearable, the interior is clean, the staff more or less friendly and there is free coffee most of the day. One can probably find better value for the price in Paris but that doesn't make the Caulaincourt a bad one.

This hostel was very nice. Close to a metro so it was easy to get down to the main stuff. It was somewhat annoying our first night there because the bar near the hostel was blasting music so it was hard to fall asleep. But the bathroom was clean and they gave us a good breakfast. Also the area around the hostel was very cool.

I spent 5 nights here in 4 beds room. This is the first hostel I stayed where I had bathroom in the room. The breakfast was very good. Location is perfect, metro station vert close. One night there was no hot water in the room, but day after that they fixed the problem.

The location was perfect. There is a metro station about 5 minutes walking distant where you can connect to other lines. Be aware though that there is a lockout period from 11am to 4pm. It wasn't a problem for me, but I can imagine it would be for some. The front door is also locked at 2am, again it wasn't a problem for me, but if you want to go out to party and stay out late, this may not be the hostel for you. There is also no alcohol allowed in the hostel. Overall a great stay.

• 28th Mar 2014

Try not and shower first thing! Water pressure wasn't the best. I found as soon as you heard someone else turn on the tap you lost all water. Also the sink was in the room with the shower away from the toilet which was weird. Nice location, easy to get to from the metro.