Caupo Reviews

Kemankeş Mustafa Paşa Mah. Maliye, Cad. Çelebi Sok. No:3 34425, Istanbul, Turkey, Istanbul, Turkey

No hot water in 5th floor. Not clean.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Greece

Me and my friends have been here for 3 nights. It's centrally located and it has a good value for money. What I did like at all was the atmosphere. The hostel has a common room in the basement where people could meet for staying together, drinking or eating. But it is too small! Nothing a great place if you're looking for fun or meeting other interesting people! Little bit disappointed about the cleanliness. The wall behind my bed seemed a mosquito cemetery!

The only thing we found "bad" is that the toilet was always dirty and that there is no elevator and the stairs are stretch.

Friendly, helpful staff in a great location, however the floor drain on 3/F bathroom doesn't seem working so it is always wet. I had my coffee and cream powder on the rack inside my room however they were missing when I come back after a day trip. The staff said they might been taken by other guests in the room but I think it is unlikely.

Caupo was one of the nicer hostels we have ever stayed. We booked a private room and it had most all the amenities that a hotel has to offer, but at a much better rate. The staff works 24 hours a day, so they were always around to answer questions and be of service. We really appreciated the location. We were able to walk almost everywhere which saved us a lot of time on travel. The hostel was a little hard for us to find but once we got our bearings Istanbul is very easy to navigate.

Dear Christopher, Thank you for your nice comments. It was pleasure to meet with you. Caupo Hostel is open everytime for you. Best Regards from Istanbul

The beds are comfy and there is air conditioning in the rooms. The location is great, however finding the place is exremely difficult. The hostel is located on what looks like a alley and they don't really have a sign, triple check your map before you go. The kitchen was great and always clean.

Everyting was ok, but a little noisily.

• 17th May 2013
  • Russia

Caupo is a really great place to stay ! Room are clean modern and comfortable, the staff is really Nice and helpful and the hostel is very good located! Only one négative point: it´s a bit noisy. Besides, bath room is just in front of the room and there is one for two room so it's perfect. So i really recommand that hostel !!

We really liked staying in Caupo. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is wonderful.

• 27th Apr 2013
  • Russia

The hostel is perfect, but they need to put a sign somewhere out on the street cuz it took me an hour to find it. Plus Most of the time the water is cold. The other things are perfect.

Room was very nice and new, really pleasant. The owner is very attentive and helpful. Hot water in the shower wasn't always available. Only a small heater in the room, so we were lucky it was about 12 degrees at the time of our stay. Also, people smoke at the common room, which is in the basement, and the rooms upstairs kind of smelled cigarettes. The kitchen is well prepared with everything you may need, but the common room is quite small. Bathroom not cleaned during our 4 days stay.

Double bed room excellent. Just lack of isolation to external noise. Every morning, the noise of the nearby construction site was very loud. Would be nice to consider more isolating windows. The rest was very good.

• 28th Nov 2012
  • Mexico

This is a new hostel in Istanbul that had flooding issues in their basement the first night of my stay so I was unable to use the kitchen or do laundry.

I was with a group of five and we all were very satisfied and happy to have stayed in this Hostel. The location is very good as we could walk to the boats that take you to water tour of Istambul and the beautiful bazaar that is in the middle of two of the most amazing mosks, and bazaars. The staff made us feel so welcomed and warm, they were also very helpful to all of us and we felt sad when we left. I strongly recommend.

The design of the hostel is not very convenient specially if you have to carry your bag 5 floors like I had to do. This hostel is good for couples as the rooms and facilities are good. If you are a single traveller, you might not have the opportunity to meet many people since the location is slightly away (compared to other hostels) from most happening places in town.

• 1st Nov 2012
  • India

Levant for president :) We had great time in Istanbul, Caupo hostel was the best choice of all! Whole staff was really helpfull, we got all the directions we needed, and some good tips where to go..

• 16th Oct 2012
  • Croatia

Thank you very much. I enjoyed at this staying.

Dear Hiroyuki Ito, Thank you very much your nice and kindly Comments. Caupo is for you everytime. Best Regards.

Caupo felt more like a home than any other hostel we've been in. Everything was extremely clean and tidy, and additions like free washing machines, dryers, hair dryers, air conditioning and the newly furnished, well equipped kitchen made this hostel so comfortable. Though, the best quality of the hostel would be their staff. They consistently went out above and beyond to help my friend and I out, to the extent of difficult airport transfers. I strongly recommend this new hostel.