Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

Really enjoyed this hostel. Beautiful rooms and surroundings. A little bit of a pain to get to and from easily but it was worth it. Clean rooms, sheets etc. Liked the use of a cupboard to lock away belongings. Air con was amazing. Breakfast was yummy (and included in the price :)). Good atmosphere. Would have been better if shower was attached to wall rather than hand held but only a minor inconvenience. Loved the pool. One of my favourite hostels :)

I loved Caveland! The place is actually beautiful, which I feel is rare for a hostel. It's a little ways out from any main attractions if you plan on walking but just rent a four wheeler from the shop up the street and then the location is perfect! Lackluster breakfast but I didn't even notice because let's face it, all I wanted to do was get back to the beach as soon as I woke up in the morning. Staff was flexible about cancellations when some of our plans changed too.

• 21st Jul 2015

Hostel is pretty good. If you have a Driver License and a Credit Card under your name, you can rent a Quad and do pretty much everything in the island by yourself (the hostel is somewhere in the middle of the island so nothing gets really far). If you don't drive, you will have to take busses and climb hills on a daily basis to explore the island. Pool area is excellent, decent breakfast (for free!) and great staff.

I had a really late check in due to my flight, but the staff were very helpful and really relaxed. Really cool place and I highly recommend!!

When i arrived at the karterados i honestly felt lost as i didnt had the exact address for the hostel but later aftr walking for like 15 min i found a board to d left side and started walkin in I went halfway and came on the mainstreet again as i somehow didnt feel safe as i could not hear a single sound of a soul there. So now you know how calm and relaxin dis place cud be !! Yeah ! Its a lil bit in the interiors but once you reach there its hard for u to check out !

Hostel was in a good location with a 10 minute walk to chora. Clean and tidy rooms and bathrooms. Facilities were good and it was nice to lie around the pool with other guests. Staff were friendly and could offer advice when required.

• 17th Jul 2015

Helpful staff, good breakfast, and cute puppy! Sometimes not much of a vibe, and pool usually pretty empty but easy to walk to town or hire a quad for €20 down the road. Bathroom was kinda dirty and lock door so no one ever locks the room. Good lockers inside though. Weird that there was a private room within our 6 bed dorm, which was kinda annoying when they were up early making noise coz I guess they paid for the private room For a reason

Beautiful hostel ¡¡¡ nice pool, recomended And, cheap And confortable ....

This was the most interesting and enjoyable hostel we stayed in during our trip throughout Europe. The facilities were esthetic and well maintained. We loved the pool. It was a nice place to meet friends or rest. Next time I will take advantage of the yoga classes and barbecues.

Great place to stay and you will definitely get your money's worth. It's really cute and clean. Not a party place but we did come back from the bar a couple nights and had drinks on the outdoor patio and met lots of people. One of the best hostels I've stayed. Not right in town but not a far walk at all..or you can rent a quad for cheap to see all the different places. Had a great time. You HAVE to check out Santos winery and of course have an evening in Oia. Warm showers and good pressure.

Cool place to stay. Lots of character to the buildings. Great pool and kitchen area. The complimentary breakfast was really nice! the toilet in our bathroom was so stinky though. I think something was going on with the plumbing and it made both of the rooms off of it smell like sewage. The staff could of been more helpful as well.

• 10th Jul 2015

Great room except for the bathroom, which was always damp and a bit dirty. 'Free breakfast' is very very basic - some fruit and yoghurt would be nice. It would be great if you have some old yoga mats the guests could use, since 'yoga' was featured in the photos i thought it was part of it.

Best place ever. Staying at CaveLand made my trip to Santorini that much better. I got to meet people at their weekly BBQ and was able to develop some good friendships from there. The hill getting up to town is a killer but other than that no complaints. My room was really nice and was cleaned everyday. The staff is amazing they know all the good things to do in Santorini. They also can book things for you from the desk. Whenever I get back to Santorini I will stay no other place but CaveLand.

As far as Santorini hostels go, Caveland is a solid choice. Room 1 (6 bed) was a bit small and warm, even with AC, but comfortable. No lockers for backs, only small lockers for valuables--some were missing locks. Internet was slow but worked. Staff was nice and helpful. Breakfast was good and included. The pool and dogs were definitely highlights. Place was a bit run down (shower was broken, etc.) but mostly clean.

Loved our stay at Caveland and made our time on Santorini so easy and enjoyable. The cave setup is super spacious and clean, even had a lounge and kitchen as well as bathroom. The staff were friendly and helpful with suggestions and ideas of where to go on the island. Breakfast was also good, could start a little earlier perhaps. Loved the pool and loungers which can be used, even before checkin/after checkout. Being an animal lover, the dogs were great too! Super cool hostel with chill vibes!

I had a really good stay here. The staff is incredibly cool, and there's a pool which I took full advantage of. The location is great too, being just outside of Fira (about a 20 min walk) but far enough away to make it quiet and removed. I would absolutely stay here again.

• 23rd Jun 2015

The most lovely little place that ever did exist. Seriously. Hostels sometimes get a bad stigma but I'd rather stay here than a five star resort any day. I stayed in the four bed female dorm and it was huge, with such a good atmosphere. Definitely recommend renting ATVs to explore the island because Karterados isnt a main town (but luckily in almost the exact center of the island, so you can go anywhere).

The rooms were amazing and the people were accommodating and friendly! Perfect location in the center of the island! Easily accessible and an absolutely beautiful area.

caveland was so cute! they had dogs running around everywhere and the most adorable little puppy. everybody staying there was really nice, and the receptionist i talked to was super helpful. this isn't exactly a party hostel, but you can find people to go out with since everybody is friendly, and the hostel does a free breakfast. location is pretty good. overall, the hostel is very pretty and cute-- i would stay again.

Really great hostel. Included towels and breakfast were very much appreciated. Location a bit hard to find but ok in the end. The dogs are adorable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3