Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

Bathrooms were dirty, there were bed bugs in some beds... In my opinion, there are some much better options in the area, that are a better value for money. Only positive, the staff was ok and there is a good vibe.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Location = If you don't rent a scooter, it will be quite hard to travel around. Bus station is not so far though... Cleanliness = Rooms are clean. But that time we were there, the swimming pool was a bit dirty. the breakfast is the basic. If you get used to better Greek style breakfast, you can be disappointed. Finally the room for 2 we stayed in was located in a corner of a dorm, with a small empty space in between. We had then to cross the dorm to get in our room. not that convenient.

Great hostel, very safe and comfortable. It has everything you need plus a pool! The staff are super friendly and helpful. The rooms are a generous size. Just a 15minute walk into thira. I will definitely be back!

• 14th Sep 2014

The most beautiful hostel I've stayed! Really relaxed atmosphere, even a nice pool. I really enjoyed my stay!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Amazing staff, beautiful and HUGE caves for accommodation. Location is just outside Fira, about 20-25 minute walk and I preferred being there than right in Fira where it was crowded and full of tourists. Highly reccomend this place.

Everything was great

The room - especially the area around the bed - were very dirty (e.g. hairs, dust, etc.) upon our arrival.

• 10th Sep 2014

We are aware that you were not happy with the accommodation because you emailed us requesting your money back. We rejected to pay you back anything as we could not investigate the issue (your complaint came 5days later), we offered you a 20E discount voucher for next stay (you or your friends). You said you will post negative reviews unless we reimburse you. You also mentioned that you noticed the room was not up to your standard around midnight which was 5 hours after you went to your room.

An absolute fantastic hostel to stay in Santorini! From the moment you're greeted by Navil the receptionist you feel right at home. Rooms are spacious, clean and the lockers had an outlet inside of them for added security. Furthermore, the outdoor area is great for a swim or for having dinner. They offer BBQ and yoga classes, and also assist you with booking excursions. Although a 20min walk from Fira, you get use to the walk. It was a nice retreat to come home to after the day's activities.

Very nice Hostel with also an interesting story! However, the reception staff should also be aware of the emails they get; we sent an email some days before arriving and didn't receive an answer, so we had to call.

thank you very much for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had a good time in Caveland. I just wanted to let you know that we check and answer our emails on a daily basis. I have checked in our email servers for the conversations we had since you made your reservation and all your emails have been answered. In any case,we are really sorry to hear that your email could not get through and that you enjoy the rest of your holidays :) Have a lovely day! Nabil

Great place to stay in Santorini. Great atmosphere with free breakfast. The cat that lurks around provides great entertainment. Distance from Fira was the only real negative.

The room that we stayed in wasn't clean. 25 minutes walks to Fira… Good staff.

• 29th Aug 2014

we really appreciate your feedback. All of our rooms are cleaned everyday by our Housekeepers. We take special attention when new guests are arriving and we make sure the rooms are ready and fresh. As you mentioned on your comment you really liked the staff, therefore you could have told us in the reception that you were not happy with the cleaning standards and we could have find a solution for you but we did not receive any complaints. Kind Regards, Nabil

Probably my favourite hostel of my stay so far! The room was huge and staff were really friendly and helpful. Only a short half hour walk to Fira. Was kind of nice to not be right in the city centre. Love that they have a guitar for everyone to use and a cute little kitten as well! Met some great people here traveling alone. Highly recommend!

Fantastic staff, very friendly and helpful, especially the spanish guy! Very good facilities! Poor Location and hard to find. You have to turn left straight after the 'not so good looking' tennis courts. There is a turquoise/green pool, good to cool down in the heat of beautiful santorini. Chilled out athmosphere everywhere!

thank you very much for staying at Caveland and giving us your opinion. We are really sorry to hear that you could not find our place but we provide detailed directions with every confirmation email and we are also well located in google maps. Also, we would like to apologize for the fact that the color of the swimming pool was not up to your standards but we had a a very short and temporary issue with the filter of the pool Thank you again and I hope you have a nice day. Nabil

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at. It's really cool staying in the caves, the staff are lovely, and the swimming pool is just what you want on a hot day. The dogs and kitten just make it even more enjoyable! I had a great stay.

• 26th Aug 2014

The best hostel I have ever stayed in. The pets, pool, kitchen and communal areas make this a homely place to stay. I messed up a ferry date and had to stay an extra night, they didn't have any space in their dorms because it was high season, so they give me and my friend a huge discount on the private apartment. Staff go above and beyond to make things easy, including ringing to book day trips. It's a 15min walk from Fira but this makes the area and living more affordable. Highly recommend.

Wonderful Cozy and scenic place with classic island style design. The taxi driver had hard time finding it though; Be sure to print out the map from here and give it to the taxi drivers.

Oh...got air-con.... Pity didn't have time to try out that large swimming pool....

We had the private room for 4, it was like a hotel. The room was lovely and clean when we arrived. We only had one night stay but had a night very the next day, the hostel let us use the facilities- bathroom/pool right up until we left. Nabil who works on reception was very helpful and lovely to talk to. We had an excellent stay and when we return to Santorini we will defiently stay at Caveland again.

• 20th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel, very cool atmosphere, good to relax and to meet new people! It is a little bit in the middle of anywhere, which it is not a problem if you have a ATV or something (what I really recommend in Santorini btw). It is also 10 min away from bus station that has a connection with the port and the airport.

Really cool rooms that are spacious. Staff were nice and helpful, facilities were modern and good, location was a bit out of the way but you easily make do with the buses or quads. Overall good value for money in santorini. Would stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3