Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

Charlie at reception was amazing, him and the other guy helped me arrange a pick up point for my tour and arranged a taxi which assured I got to the ferry on time. I enjoyed my accommodation, it was quiet and great views.

Me and my partner had a double deluxe room, which was amazing and very good for value for money. Location was prity central to everything but saying that its about a 15 minute walk to main town and supermarket! Hostel is really easy to find, when u get to zotos, (looking at zotos) turn left and follow that road until u reach the tennis courts and bang ur there :) I recommend hiring an ATV for a day or two, we had a blast on it, very safe to drive and easy for parking in town. We loved santorini

• 17th Oct 2014

Awesome hostel, great kitchen, staff and rooms. Close to lots of restaurants and ATV rental places to get all around the island. Wish I stayed for longer!

Very nice and friendly place. The location is awesome in old caves, has a lot a charm. There are 3 friendly dogs too and a swimming pool for the hot days. Some activities are organised as well. The hostel is about 15/20 min walk away from Thira. The bus to and from the port and the airport stop just at the top of the main road. Plenty of facilities around supermarket, restaurants, laundry ... Communal kitchen well furnished. Staff was helpful.

• 9th Oct 2014

Very nice hostel with a lot of character.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Location = If you don't rent a scooter, it will be quite hard to travel around. Bus station is not so far though... Cleanliness = Rooms are clean. But that time we were there, the swimming pool was a bit dirty. the breakfast is the basic. If you get used to better Greek style breakfast, you can be disappointed. Finally the room for 2 we stayed in was located in a corner of a dorm, with a small empty space in between. We had then to cross the dorm to get in our room. not that convenient.

The only complaint we have for this hostel was the location. It's a little out of town and easy to miss and walk past when you follow their email directions. Note: it's just after the tennis courts on the left. The rooms were great, The kitchen was fine. The bathroom was ok, but it was impossible not to soak the entire room with water as there was no shower curtain (common in Greece) The breakfast was very simple but ok. They have a huge pool (in summer). The staff were fantastic.

Did not realize it was for young people . horrendous driveway to drag suitcases.long walk to bus .smell in caves really bad.suggest put in air vents

• 18th Sep 2014

Great hostel, very safe and comfortable. It has everything you need plus a pool! The staff are super friendly and helpful. The rooms are a generous size. Just a 15minute walk into thira. I will definitely be back!

The most beautiful hostel I've stayed! Really relaxed atmosphere, even a nice pool. I really enjoyed my stay!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Amazing staff, beautiful and HUGE caves for accommodation. Location is just outside Fira, about 20-25 minute walk and I preferred being there than right in Fira where it was crowded and full of tourists. Highly reccomend this place.

Everything was great

The room - especially the area around the bed - were very dirty (e.g. hairs, dust, etc.) upon our arrival.

• 10th Sep 2014

We are aware that you were not happy with the accommodation because you emailed us requesting your money back. We rejected to pay you back anything as we could not investigate the issue (your complaint came 5days later), we offered you a 20E discount voucher for next stay (you or your friends). You said you will post negative reviews unless we reimburse you. You also mentioned that you noticed the room was not up to your standard around midnight which was 5 hours after you went to your room.

An absolute fantastic hostel to stay in Santorini! From the moment you're greeted by Navil the receptionist you feel right at home. Rooms are spacious, clean and the lockers had an outlet inside of them for added security. Furthermore, the outdoor area is great for a swim or for having dinner. They offer BBQ and yoga classes, and also assist you with booking excursions. Although a 20min walk from Fira, you get use to the walk. It was a nice retreat to come home to after the day's activities.