Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

Charlie at reception was amazing, him and the other guy helped me arrange a pick up point for my tour and arranged a taxi which assured I got to the ferry on time. I enjoyed my accommodation, it was quiet and great views.

Me and my partner had a double deluxe room, which was amazing and very good for value for money. Location was prity central to everything but saying that its about a 15 minute walk to main town and supermarket! Hostel is really easy to find, when u get to zotos, (looking at zotos) turn left and follow that road until u reach the tennis courts and bang ur there :) I recommend hiring an ATV for a day or two, we had a blast on it, very safe to drive and easy for parking in town. We loved santorini

• 17th Oct 2014

Awesome hostel, great kitchen, staff and rooms. Close to lots of restaurants and ATV rental places to get all around the island. Wish I stayed for longer!

Very nice and friendly place. The location is awesome in old caves, has a lot a charm. There are 3 friendly dogs too and a swimming pool for the hot days. Some activities are organised as well. The hostel is about 15/20 min walk away from Thira. The bus to and from the port and the airport stop just at the top of the main road. Plenty of facilities around supermarket, restaurants, laundry ... Communal kitchen well furnished. Staff was helpful.

• 9th Oct 2014

Very nice hostel with a lot of character.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Location = If you don't rent a scooter, it will be quite hard to travel around. Bus station is not so far though... Cleanliness = Rooms are clean. But that time we were there, the swimming pool was a bit dirty. the breakfast is the basic. If you get used to better Greek style breakfast, you can be disappointed. Finally the room for 2 we stayed in was located in a corner of a dorm, with a small empty space in between. We had then to cross the dorm to get in our room. not that convenient.

The only complaint we have for this hostel was the location. It's a little out of town and easy to miss and walk past when you follow their email directions. Note: it's just after the tennis courts on the left. The rooms were great, The kitchen was fine. The bathroom was ok, but it was impossible not to soak the entire room with water as there was no shower curtain (common in Greece) The breakfast was very simple but ok. They have a huge pool (in summer). The staff were fantastic.

Did not realize it was for young people . horrendous driveway to drag suitcases.long walk to bus .smell in caves really bad.suggest put in air vents

• 18th Sep 2014

Great hostel, very safe and comfortable. It has everything you need plus a pool! The staff are super friendly and helpful. The rooms are a generous size. Just a 15minute walk into thira. I will definitely be back!

The most beautiful hostel I've stayed! Really relaxed atmosphere, even a nice pool. I really enjoyed my stay!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Amazing staff, beautiful and HUGE caves for accommodation. Location is just outside Fira, about 20-25 minute walk and I preferred being there than right in Fira where it was crowded and full of tourists. Highly reccomend this place.

Everything was great

The room - especially the area around the bed - were very dirty (e.g. hairs, dust, etc.) upon our arrival.

• 10th Sep 2014

We are aware that you were not happy with the accommodation because you emailed us requesting your money back. We rejected to pay you back anything as we could not investigate the issue (your complaint came 5days later), we offered you a 20E discount voucher for next stay (you or your friends). You said you will post negative reviews unless we reimburse you. You also mentioned that you noticed the room was not up to your standard around midnight which was 5 hours after you went to your room.

An absolute fantastic hostel to stay in Santorini! From the moment you're greeted by Navil the receptionist you feel right at home. Rooms are spacious, clean and the lockers had an outlet inside of them for added security. Furthermore, the outdoor area is great for a swim or for having dinner. They offer BBQ and yoga classes, and also assist you with booking excursions. Although a 20min walk from Fira, you get use to the walk. It was a nice retreat to come home to after the day's activities.

Very nice Hostel with also an interesting story! However, the reception staff should also be aware of the emails they get; we sent an email some days before arriving and didn't receive an answer, so we had to call.

thank you very much for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had a good time in Caveland. I just wanted to let you know that we check and answer our emails on a daily basis. I have checked in our email servers for the conversations we had since you made your reservation and all your emails have been answered. In any case,we are really sorry to hear that your email could not get through and that you enjoy the rest of your holidays :) Have a lovely day! Nabil

Great place to stay in Santorini. Great atmosphere with free breakfast. The cat that lurks around provides great entertainment. Distance from Fira was the only real negative.

The room that we stayed in wasn't clean. 25 minutes walks to Fira… Good staff.

• 29th Aug 2014

we really appreciate your feedback. All of our rooms are cleaned everyday by our Housekeepers. We take special attention when new guests are arriving and we make sure the rooms are ready and fresh. As you mentioned on your comment you really liked the staff, therefore you could have told us in the reception that you were not happy with the cleaning standards and we could have find a solution for you but we did not receive any complaints. Kind Regards, Nabil

Probably my favourite hostel of my stay so far! The room was huge and staff were really friendly and helpful. Only a short half hour walk to Fira. Was kind of nice to not be right in the city centre. Love that they have a guitar for everyone to use and a cute little kitten as well! Met some great people here traveling alone. Highly recommend!

Fantastic staff, very friendly and helpful, especially the spanish guy! Very good facilities! Poor Location and hard to find. You have to turn left straight after the 'not so good looking' tennis courts. There is a turquoise/green pool, good to cool down in the heat of beautiful santorini. Chilled out athmosphere everywhere!

thank you very much for staying at Caveland and giving us your opinion. We are really sorry to hear that you could not find our place but we provide detailed directions with every confirmation email and we are also well located in google maps. Also, we would like to apologize for the fact that the color of the swimming pool was not up to your standards but we had a a very short and temporary issue with the filter of the pool Thank you again and I hope you have a nice day. Nabil

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at. It's really cool staying in the caves, the staff are lovely, and the swimming pool is just what you want on a hot day. The dogs and kitten just make it even more enjoyable! I had a great stay.

• 26th Aug 2014