Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

Our stay was wonderful! We could not of asked for a better time in Santorini and a lot of that is due to this hostel. They were not open when we left and they are sending our deposit through PayPal which is so kind of them. An earlier or later reception would be nice but overall we are so satisfied with Caveland!

Had a great time here. Unique Greek experience plus breakfast and lovely pool more than made up for 20min walk into Thira. Great value. Pretty quiet hostel but exactly what I was after at the time so loved it. Thanks guys 👍

We loved the pool and relaxed atmosphere - but the bug bites, not so much. I am pretty sure they were from the bed, as another guest also had nasty bites.

• 20th Aug 2015

Beautiful hostel to stay at! Not high security, but seems unnecessary because of the good location. Helpful and friendly staff. The best atmosphere I've seen so far, got invited for drinks by 5 different people on the same night. My room was loud one night because of the partying but my boyfriend's room was farther away and quiet. Good facilities with nice pool. 20 minute walk to downtown.

Despite being a little off the beaten track, I found the location rather good, because it meant you had to explore more in order to get places. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the communal areas were great. I would recommend that the sign out the front of the property have a fresh paint job as the name "Cavelands" is hard to discern especially at night, which is when I arrived. The bathrooms could definitely recommend do with an upgrade and a clean more regularly.

Great place, super clean, more like a hotel than a hostel atmosphere but great value for money, refreshingly cool rooms and super comfortable bed plus an amazing pool!! Not too far from Fira at all, but that hill is definitely hard to get on the really hot days. Overall, great stay! Dogs were super cute and definitely an added bonus

very good hostel, cheap but clean and nice but staffs are unfriendly. when I ask some question to them, both a boy and girl answered unfriendly and even did not look at my eyes.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Japan

great vibe! so cool to sleep in a cave. retrofitting with ACs a huge plus. the dogs are so cute and friendly roaming around the property and the amenities like free breakfast and tennis courts and pool are excellent. The place itself is a cute little hostel and it's a great value.

• 11th Aug 2015

Quiet spot, really nice pool area, nice rooms with AC. About 15-20 min walk outside Fira (capital) so totally walkable. Lovely staff and great place to stay!

I stayed in a cave dorm - it was a great room. There were two bathrooms and both were never occupied at the same time. Breakfast in the morning (bread, granola). About a 20 minute walk to Fira city center. Helpful staff. Demographics of people staying (early Aug) ranged from young backpackers to older individuals or couples.

Good hostel, just a 20 minute walk into Thira

Caveland is amazing !! It's about 2km from Fira which is t close but when you've got a quad bike it's really close! The 6 bed dorm we had was incredible! Felt like a luxurious hotel room and the staff were so helpful and everything easy. I can't wait to come back to beautiful Santorini and stay here again.

Loved the room i stayed in and the people I met. Thought the hostel was really clean and cute and would deffenetly recommend it to anyone going to santorini

• 5th Aug 2015

I loved the hostel, it was much more than I expected, the pool is really big, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is really friendly. It's a nice place to meet new people and relax as well. It's close to Fira, 7 min by bus or 20 by walk. I do recommend this place.

Amazing hostel!! Such great value and a nice place to be. Kitchen is great and pool is huge. Highly recommended!!

The only bad point is that if you arrive in the morning you cant have the room before 3:00 p.m. Not really practise

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Santorini and Caveland! The check-in time is around 3pm in every single hotel and hostel around the world so that is totally normal and if you arrive earlier and want to have access to your room right away, maybe next time book also the night before you arrival. We would be happy to welcome you back in the not too distant future! :)

Really enjoyed this hostel. Beautiful rooms and surroundings. A little bit of a pain to get to and from easily but it was worth it. Clean rooms, sheets etc. Liked the use of a cupboard to lock away belongings. Air con was amazing. Breakfast was yummy (and included in the price :)). Good atmosphere. Would have been better if shower was attached to wall rather than hand held but only a minor inconvenience. Loved the pool. One of my favourite hostels :)

Atmosphere is very average, breakfast consists of muesli, milk, tea, bread and spreads. Reception is locked from 10:30pm - 9am and that sucks as the kitchen and fridge are in the same spot. All the food I had prepared for my flight in the morning was stuck in the fridge with no way to get to it! Single room was a part of a shared cave with 4 bed dorm so drunk people coming in at 6am slamming the noisy doors will wake you up. Bed was very comfortable but room was stuffy. Staff we're very good.

Ok hostel. A bit too far outside of fira. Staff should be more helpful and actually have maps of santorini.

We are sorry to hear that you felt like our staff was not helpful enough. Our reception is open from 9am to 10:30pm during the high season and our receptionists are there to help our guest and make sure that they are enjoying their stay with us. We know a lot about the island, if you had asked for directions or a map we would have been more than happy to help you out. In any case we really appreciate your feedback.

Caveland is such a beautiful place ! In a very calm place, not so far from Fira (2km, 20min by foot) and a bus station (10min). The dormitory where I was (10 people) was such great, big and quiet with 2 bathroom. I had to change room for the last night and went in a dormitory next to the reception which was noisy and had only one bathroom for 7 people... For sure I will return again !

• 26th Jul 2015