Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

Didn't like not having access to the common room other than during check-in and check-out as I had a bad cold and would like to have been able to make my tea! Plus it was very cold and rainy and there was no where to go except the room.

• 23rd Oct 2015

I loved my stay here!! Met amazing people, the staff were amazing, it was very clean, close to Fira, and the atmosphere was great! Jacob was more than happy to help with any questions or problems you had. Highly recommend! If I get the chance to go back I will definitely stay here again!

While it is a bit of a walk out of Fira and about 5-10 minutes to the bus, the grounds are very nice and the pool is a handy thing to have. Average breakfast but there is a kitchen if you want to add more. The 6 bed dorm is amazing with a lounge area, ensuite and small area sith fridge and sunk.

Caveland is probably great in high season - fab pool and wonderful outdoors space. Unfortunately it was a bit dead when I was there in October. Reception was closed most of the day which meant that the communal lounge/kitchen was also closed, so there was nowhere to hang out other than the dorm room (it was cold in the evening). Staff not particularly friendly. I found the beds uncomfortable and the rooms dusty. If I was going back to Santorini I'd pay more to stay in Thira to avoid the walk.

10 bed dorm was really spacious and loved that there was a plug socket in each of the lockers so you could charge things securely while you were out. Staff were very friendly and helpful too.

The hostel is located about 20 minutes uphill walk from the nearest part of Fira, but it is nice to be away from the crazy crowds. I was travelling solo and didn't feel worried walking it by myself at night. The place is really pretty, with great attention put into all the little details.

Really pleasant place to stay that was only a little bit of a walk from Thira (like 15-20 minutes). Staff was super freindly and very helpful

Amazing place. Will definitely come back here

very nice hostel and great vibe. really enjoyed the stay. best wishes.

• 12th Sep 2015

I loved this hostel! The vibe is great, chilled out, and though there weren't any BBQs etc due to off season, I will never forget the first afternoon when I just sat and drank tea with fellow travellers from all over the world - we were all waiting to check in but in no hurry, in true Island Life style. The decor of the hostel and rooms is lovely and true to the theme; the pool is nice; 7 min walk from the bus stop; 20 min walk to Fira; at least three 24hr bakeries in the vicinity. :)

The nicest dorm room ever stayed in, staff really helpful, and really adorable dogs. However a little bit further out of the way but way cheaper then other hostels. Really good experience

It was extremely hard to find the hostel as the sign is so hard to see...I passed it twice! Which made a long hot walk from the bus stop (at least while carrying a heavy backpack, in early September) that much longer-not a great start to the experience. The doors in the rooms were very creaky, making it hard not to wake up roommates. Would have been nice if bathrooms were cleaned daily-water got on floor from shower and made it pretty dirty. On plus side, great outdoor area and helpful staff.

• 8th Sep 2015

Dear traveller, We really appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. To avoid the 10 minute walk from the bus stop that we indicated in our description, you could always inquire about a paid transfer from the port. Our rooms are cleaned daily, if you felt the room is not clean enough, we would really appreciate if you notified the staff so we could improve the situation. Safe travels! Caveland team

100 % says it all! To close to Fira, went walking to some bars, close by a bus stop so easy maneuvering for beaches and locations! Got there at 02:00 they left me a note with keys, directions to my room fantastic! Great room with space, nice breakfast, staff are great! Awesome environment!! Highly recommended!!

Wifi was dodgy for me but worked for the other 4 people traveling with me. The whole cave experience is pretty cool and not so different to a normal room as you would expect. Really good showers!! Free breakfast is standard and good

Difficult to find, you have to walk several blocks from the bus stop. No hostel atmosphere, a staff member didnt seem very happy in providing useful information (a map, info about the excursions they sold, interesting places to see or activities to do). The smell in the bathroom was awful.

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

The good bits: The hostel was very spacious, it had lots of outdoor spaces, table & chairs, to chill out. It was well maintained and looked after. The canopies of bougainvillea were stunning. It has lots of character from outside and inside and was beautiful. The dorm even had a lounge area which was lovely + aircon. The swimming pool was great. The bad bits: One of the staff was a bit cold and unfriendly. Breakfast was very basic with no local food. No showers outside the rooms.

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Mauritius

very cool place to be in Santorini where you can relax do some yoga and enjoy an unique surrounding....and also Lovely dogs that I do miss a lot:)

This place is really charming. The design and he layout of the place is very cool and makes you feel like you're in a real Greek villa. The pool is the biggest pro. The rooms are beautiful decorated and spacious and ACed. The staff was very relaxed, helpful and nice. My only cons would be the shower in my room was open concept which I found quite irritating, impossible not to get the whole washroom drenched. I also found the beds uncomfortable. I

This hostel is excellent! The kitchen and pool are fantastic. The staff are really helpful and it's in a good location just far enough away from Fira that you're not surrounded by tourists! The cave room does smell a bit mouldy but it was cold which was good.

Its a pity Caveland has no atmosphere because the space and facilities have so much potential. It attracts large groups so would not recommend for solo travellers. Facilities are good - swimming pool is a bonus. Staying inside the caves is a cool experience. But I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking to meet people.