Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

Such a nice place to stay! A quieter option for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the busy towns. Nice, spacious rooms that are cleaned daily, superfriendly staff... Highly recommended!

I liked the hostel, nice rooms and swimming pool. However, there was no hot water in the shower most of the time I was taking a bath... :-( And the breakfast could be something better and healthier like fresh fruits, yoghurt, eggs instead of white toast bread and chocolate spread... especially when you're paying 35 euro for a single room.

The hostel is in a nice quiet location but it is a 20 minute walk from the main town - which is not a problem if you don´t have heavy bags. There is a lovely pool and breakfast is also included in the price. The hostel has a beautiful feeling. I would return back to caveland.

I love the staff.

Second stay in 2 yrs, great hostel, friendly European staff, most comfortable dorm I've stayed in in a while. Facilities incl a big pool, quiet areas to sit outside & the whole setting is a garden, former tennis club & vineyard. 25-35 min walk from Fira, the center where it is more expensive. The trick is to rent a scooter or share a car to go around the island. Scooter 12 euros a day from the place at the corner. Vineyards are 10 min by scooter, outdoor movie theatre 15 min, easy to do.

We loved our stay at Caveland! The staff was super friendly and we were able to check in even though we were early. Our room was awesome - a huge cave with lots of light and a separate kitchen area. We spent a lot of the time at the pool, which was mostly empty of other guests so it felt like our own little private resort. The walk into town is very pleasant (about 20 mins) but there are lots of restaurants and markets around the hotel. We will definitely return if we come back to Santorini!

Very good staff (especially Nabil) and lovely surroundings. Although the environment feels pretty safe it would be good to add a key to the private room in dorm 1, for safety of mind more than anything else. Around the mattress was full of hair and dust, it will be good to clean it when doing the beds.

Dear Guest, I am sorry to hear that you had this experience at Caveland. About the keys, we gave you a key for the whole room and you never asked to lock your private room even though it would have been possible. In any case you were the only ones in the room for the whole stay.Thank you for letting us know, about the cleaning standards ,on the other hand, if you would have told us during your stay we would have solved it straightaway. In any case we appreciate your feedback.

Very friendly and helpful staff and a nice room. The kitchen facilities are good and it's nice having a pool. The decor is very beautiful and it's only a short 15 minute walk to Fira, with lots of ATV and scooter hires, cafe and bus routes nearby.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Loved my stay here, had 5 great days at Caveland! it's a very magical place. Nabil and Amy are doing a wonderful job while the owners aren't there. It's very different form the rest of the island, but after 2 days in Perissa Beach, I was in heaven in Caveland!

Very interesting and unique hostel, and very helpful staff. Unfortunately the pool wasn't open yet when I stayed there, but I walked down to the beach instead and had it almost to myself (although it is a pretty far walk, and all uphill the way back).

Without a doubt the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I was immediately made to feel at home by the owners and the staff were all fantastic to hang out with. The rooms and grounds are beautiful and Kostas has done an amazing job with the decorations in the rooms. There are 4 fantastic dogs who will keep you company when its quiet and when its busy you can easily walk to the bars in Fira. There are frequent buses nearby and the receptionists are knowledgeable on where is good to visit. Thankyou

The rooms are just perfect.... But the swimming pool was Empty ( 15 mai) 15 min to go up for the buses stop and the nearest cleaning machine is 10 min walking

• 12th May 2014
  • Belgium

To call them caves is a bit misleading perhaps. More of Alcoveland. It's not close to anything in particular and is definitely a walk to Fira. Rent a scooter or something. Breakfast was tea/coffee and toast. Andy was great. Rachel was rigid and rude.

We have to say that your review stung a bit. Our old vineyard property has a very rich history, and the caves are interesting to learn about. We wish that you would have taken the time to know Caveland, and the lovely village of Karterados a bit better. From what we can see, you spent one night here and we don't think this gives you a fair judgement of this place, or our staff. We think it's an ideal location, outside of the hustle and bustle of Fira. You are always welcome to stay again.

One of the coolest hostels I've stayed in. Mainly because of it's location in a beautiful village and the cave-like accomodation. :) Karteradhos is a little bit far from Fira town, but 20 minutes to walk is nothing in my opinion and there are plenty of buses going everywhere. Quiet and nice place to relax. Receptionist is super friendly and rooms are clean.

Loved the caves with its traditional greek look and chill atmosphere. Great facilities, a lot of space, sadly the pool was not working. If you stay here, don`t forget to stay out during the night and count the stars ;) Friendly staff, thanks to Andy and Rachel! Nice place that you run there Costas ;)

Location is a 25 minutes walk to Fira. However, it is walkable to the airport, 3.9km which tooks me 1 hours to walk to the airport as my flight is on 8:30pm but the last bus is at 5:30pm. It would be too early to reach airport if I took the bus thus I decided to walk and see the country side of Santorini. I stayed in girls dorm and the room is a bit dusty but its still alright. There is a table for me to use laptop, unlike some other hostel which just provide bed. The staffs were helpful.

If it had a better location, would definitely be 100%. Great place to meet others and the staff are so friendly and helpful, would come back again next time I'm in Santorini.

Far way to the beaches. Shower isnt good and breakfast is a bread with nutella. Friendly staff. After people take shower is impossible use bathroom. Nice view and amazing dogs. Wifi doesnt work inside the rooms and reception close too early.

• 17th Apr 2014

Our breakfast is continental (toast, jam, nutella, butter, milk, muesli, coffee, tea), internet works everywhere except deep inside the caves as we informed you. We entered your cave and with 22C outside temperature your heating was on maximum while you left your cave. This service provided for free along with other facilities (rated with poor 1 by you) such as free parking, coffee and tea bar, kitchen, fridge, book corner, tennis rental etc. We are not on the beach and we are open 9am-9pm.

The hostel was good for the price but it´s too far from everywhere.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I stayed a week in Santorini and could not have picked a better place to call ¨home¨ during my time there. Caveland was without a doubt the reason why I had such an amazing vacation! The staff is SUPER friendly, the room was perfect, the other people that I met while staying there were simply FABULOUS, the atmosphere was super friendly and welcoming - it was simply perfect! The four dogs that live there were amazing, too. I would recommend Caveland to any and everyone - and I have! Thank you!!!!