Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

I could write a short novel about my 4 days in this incredible little hostel, but since I'm quite hungover at the moment, I'll keep it simple and say that in my 12 years of travel this has been one of my top 10 stays. Andy at the reception is a legend, and I'm now a lifetime supporter of Sheffield United. Rachel is perfect for a late night tete-a-tete after some beers at Highlander. I miss you both so much :(. Also, a big thank you to Costas for creating this magical place!

One of the best Hostels I've ever stayed at! The owners have 4 great dogs that love laying around and hanging out. If you're like me, you miss your dogs back home, so this was a nice treat. The rooms were always clean, and the complimentary breakfast was nice. STAY HERE!

Didn't feel very safe because of the room design. People had to walk through our rooms to access their rooms

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Fantastic! Has so much fun at Caveland. Great atmosphere, cool architecture and decorations, lovely people!

• 20th Mar 2014

We visited Santorini, Greece in early March and enjoyed using Caveland Hostel in Karterados. The location was great. As we were visiting in the off season we missed out on all that Caveland might have offered like yoga and the chance to sit by the pool and the terraces. But the staff was great who happened to be on duty. The rooms we used were charming and access to a kitchen for dinner one night was perfect to cook up some local groceries.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Wonderful place; wonderful people!

This may be one of the better hostels I've stayed in. The staff is great, the facilities are nice, and who doesn't want to stay in a cave?! I'd definitely recommend this place, and I was there in the winter. In the summer, I can tell it would be ten times better, with the pool and cool events they put on, and it's definitely a place where you could meet a lot of people! Go here!

This place has great personality!

Caveland was an amazing experience! We didn't know what to expect cos we stayed at all the conventional hostels before. When we got there it was quiet at first (bcos of the winter season of course), but then lovely Gabrielle who handled the reception orientated us pretty quickly! She even went out of her way to take us around the island which was super sweet. Pretty much one of the must-stay places in Santorini for sure! Can't wait to head back!

The hostel is a bit far from Fira town. If u r dragging a bag all around, it could take a while. Other than that, it's nice.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

An excellent hostel! I thoroughly recommended it. The 'cave' dorm rooms were massive, I especially liked the couch area in each room. Free breakfast and awesome staff - Shout out to Nabil and his guitar!

Loved my stay here. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Very laid back and relaxed. 4 dogs that love to come lounge with you by the pool. Would highly recommend!