Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

As far as Santorini hostels go, Caveland is a solid choice. Room 1 (6 bed) was a bit small and warm, even with AC, but comfortable. No lockers for backs, only small lockers for valuables--some were missing locks. Internet was slow but worked. Staff was nice and helpful. Breakfast was good and included. The pool and dogs were definitely highlights. Place was a bit run down (shower was broken, etc.) but mostly clean.

I had a really good stay here. The staff is incredibly cool, and there's a pool which I took full advantage of. The location is great too, being just outside of Fira (about a 20 min walk) but far enough away to make it quiet and removed. I would absolutely stay here again.

• 23rd Jun 2015

The rooms were amazing and the people were accommodating and friendly! Perfect location in the center of the island! Easily accessible and an absolutely beautiful area.

caveland was so cute! they had dogs running around everywhere and the most adorable little puppy. everybody staying there was really nice, and the receptionist i talked to was super helpful. this isn't exactly a party hostel, but you can find people to go out with since everybody is friendly, and the hostel does a free breakfast. location is pretty good. overall, the hostel is very pretty and cute-- i would stay again.

Really great hostel. Included towels and breakfast were very much appreciated. Location a bit hard to find but ok in the end. The dogs are adorable.

Caveland is a beautiful and serene place to stay for your time in Santorini. The caves are spacious, too! I stayed in a four-person cave and we had a kitchen, living room and bathroom, in addition to the bed area. The property is full of nice places to sit, lovely plant life, and a very nice pool. Breakfast was unexciting but free. It's not really a party hostel, but the evenings are what you make of them. It's not centrally located so I rented an ATV which I HIGHLY recommend, it made my trip!

We are traveling as a three generation group, ages 13 to 79, and Caveland was a favorite for all of us. We stayed in an urban 4star hotel in Athens, a family run studio in Naxos and wanted to try a hostel. It was a great choice. The staff was spectacular, even delivering a forgotten item to the port before we left! Caveland offered a peaceful respit after busy day touring the island. It was a perfect choice for our visit to Santorini.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This hostel is quite beautiful, a nice place to stay for a few days outside the tourist centre, friendly staff, cute dogs and great pool. There wasn't really any activities or day trips or anything to join up to to meet fellow guests but the staff can help you organise anything you want to do. The wifi was pretty bad, only worked in reception and cut out a fair bit, also the bathrooms were pretty dirty, though they were cleaned daily. Anyway it was a nice, relaxing place and I'd stay here again.

Pretty cool place with character and charm. Maybe a few of the rooms are partially in "caves" but most are just in outside free standing structures which was disappointing. Room 3, 6 bed dorm, was nice with a lounge, rock floor and kitchenette. The 4 bed dorm was disappointing and did not offer much in character and the private single room was attached to it and that guest had to enter the 4 bed dorm to use the bathroom. Nice areas to lounge and the pool was an unexpected bonus.

Perfect location if you don't want to be amongst all of the tourists. About a 20 minute walk out of Fira but you can hire ATV's or scooters very cheaply and this is by far the best way to see the island. The hostel had a very relaxing atmosphere. Good kitchen yo cook in and lots of areas to hang out with other guests. The room itself was very clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful! Overall a great place to stay and I have been recommending it to all my fellow travellers.

This was my favourite hostel I have stayed at. The staff was super friendly and always helpful. They would give you tips on places to see and how to get around. There was a free breakfast which was simple but good. The facilities were great and it was very easy to meet other people. The dogs made it feel like home. I would definitely recommend this hostel and would love to come here again.

only complaint was that breakfast and reception do not open til 9 which caused us to lose our deposit despite us talking to them about our travel plans at an hour before they open, they could have reminded us to get it back then. otherwise good stay, rent an ATV and location and atmosphere are great

staff was incompetent, room was bad

The hostel is amazing! Only problem where the bathrooms. They were really dirty.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Costa Rica

Such a lovely locations and rooms incredible! 10 person dorms were massive and could easily have fitted 30 people in it but they left it spacious and roomy! Breakfast really nice and all staff always willing to help

• 9th Jun 2015

Great staff and reception area to meet people. Cute little caves.

Absolutely loved Caveland! Great location, close to Fira and several places to rent ATVs to explore the island (recommended!) Great atmosphere, really is perfect for solo travelers, made many great friends! Would stay again for sure!

This was a really great stay. It's not close to Fira, the center, but it's really relaxing and peaceful. I think this is more for people who want to spend time relaxing vs. drinking in town. That was my goal and the reason I stayed here. I would stay here again.

this was one of our favorite hostels on our trip. it was nice to be located a little out of the main tourist areas of fira but still close enough to easily walk in. the hostel has everything we could need, great kitchen and common areas, pool, drying racks and we even did a free yoga class while we were there. the staff were also extremely helpful. would definitely recommend staying here, especially if you want to meet new people.

It's good overall. But there was no wifi in the room so if I needed to plan something I have to go to the reception.

« first « Prev 1 2 3