Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

Caveland was an amazing place to stay. About 20 minute walk to downtown Fira with lots of restaurants, ATV rentals and stores around. Shannon who is currently working the front desk was a huge help giving us lots of tips for exploring the island. Mini and Clara the hostel dogs are absolutely amazing and the hotel itself is unique - the cave was clean and spacious. Caveland is the perfect place to stay on Santorini.

• 14th Apr 2015

My stay at cave land was fantastic! Best hostel during my visit to Greece. It's in the village next to Fira (about 20mins walk), so you get the chance to actually see Santorini more from a locals perspective

The location is a bit poor if you would like to return to the hostel after the sunset. There aren't many streetlights on the way from Fira to the hostel, which would take you about 15 minutes. Another thing is that the wifi is kind of weak inside the room, you have to either open the door or go to the reception for stable connecton. Other parts are good, especially the super nice staff!!!

Employees of Caveland were wonderful!

Great place to stay, friendly staff, located not too far from the main town of Fira, walking distance to shops. A little more attention to cleanliness would have made this an outstanding place, but even as is I would stay there again.

• 27th Mar 2015

The location is not excellent. but with an ATV it wasnt a problem for me. It was super cheap as i got the deal at 33 Euro for three nights including breakfast. The place is beautiful. Btw, the shower head was horrible and they sold me the mineral water at one euro which i could get at less than fifty cents in the supermarket.

I like the wine cellar cave that I stayed in, its spacious and authentic. The volunteers are friendly and helpful. The only one minor comment would be that the WiFi is not accesible in the cave/room. Otherwise everything was good.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Thanks for your review! You guys were great, friendly guests to have around. Unfortunately, the deeper in the caves you go, naturally the less strong the wifi signal is! We're glad you had a good stay!

Fantastic place to stay in Santorini! Great authentic caves to sleep in, staff are friendly and helpful and there's a great community atmosphere among travellers. Just down the road from the bus stop to take you anywhere on the island, or rent a scooter or bike and do your own thing, rental places are also close by. Yoga is a great addition to the chilled out stay.

• 4th Mar 2015

Was so happy with my stay at Caveland! The staff was amazing, there are 3 sweet dogs outside, it's a beautiful location and easy to get everywhere within a short walk/bus ride! We came in the offseason and the staff was very helpful in finding us places that were open and helping us make the most of our time there. Absolutely no complaints about Caveland, it was a wonderful experience in the beautiful Santorini!

• 1st Mar 2015

Charlie at reception was amazing, him and the other guy helped me arrange a pick up point for my tour and arranged a taxi which assured I got to the ferry on time. I enjoyed my accommodation, it was quiet and great views.