Caveland Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

Awesome! Super laid back place with a great friendly staff. Location is just out of town so you can get away from everyone in the center. Excellent facilities for a hostel and clean. Had a great time here

• 15th May 2015

Highly recommend Caveland. Perfect for solo backpackers, the atmosphere is amazing and the place is like a dream. You are 15 minutes on foot from Fira, i recommend you rent a scooter, it's easier to travel on the island and better than the bus, they were always full, and we were off season. The facilities at the hostel were good and you are living the typical greek life in the caves. We extended our stay, and we barely cancelled our trip to Mykonos to stay there. it's simple, go to Caveland :)

I enjoyed the quite atmosphere that the village of Kartarados reflected at the hostel. I could have used a little more instruction from the staff about services provided, for example that a lock was available to rent for the personal locker. I learned that information from another guest, not the staff.

• 9th May 2015

Kind of far from the main city. Not a social atmosphere. The staff was really nice and help with suggestions. My biggest complaint was the children running around and there were babies crying when we tried to take a nap one afternoon right outside ourdoor. Seemed a little weird to me to have small children at a hostel.

Nice hostel. 1) Get cash either at the airport or before you get to Santorini. 2) Pay close attention when looking for the hostel. The Caveland sign is pretty small. Really cozy hostel though. Right next to Fira so it's pretty convenient for buses and everything.

I had a fantastic stay at Caveland! Shannon was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the island. I loved the location (outside of Fira, but still close to everything) and there was even free breakfast. I would definitely come back to this hostel in the future!

Th location wasnt the best, but the hostel was nice and it had a nice set up.

Caveland made my trip in Santorini much better than I expected. The location was awesome; it's only a short walk to Fira. The style of the rooms were authentic and very different from any other place I've ever stayed. The staff (ie. Shannon) was very helpful and gave us plenty of advice on what to do. I definitely will recommend Caveland to friends.

• 27th Apr 2015

Caveland feels surreal. The view, the rooms, and the weather all contribute to the feeling of a true vacation. Other highlights were homemade muffins one morning, two cute dogs sleeping in the outdoor area, and the walk to the beach. I came during low-season and loved it, so I can't even imagine how much fun this place gets in mid-summer when there are outdoor parties/barbecues. Can't wait to come back. Oh, and Shannon... Definitely hang out with him if you can. Cheers, Gabriel

Caveland was an amazing place to stay. About 20 minute walk to downtown Fira with lots of restaurants, ATV rentals and stores around. Shannon who is currently working the front desk was a huge help giving us lots of tips for exploring the island. Mini and Clara the hostel dogs are absolutely amazing and the hotel itself is unique - the cave was clean and spacious. Caveland is the perfect place to stay on Santorini.

• 14th Apr 2015

My stay at cave land was fantastic! Best hostel during my visit to Greece. It's in the village next to Fira (about 20mins walk), so you get the chance to actually see Santorini more from a locals perspective

The location is a bit poor if you would like to return to the hostel after the sunset. There aren't many streetlights on the way from Fira to the hostel, which would take you about 15 minutes. Another thing is that the wifi is kind of weak inside the room, you have to either open the door or go to the reception for stable connecton. Other parts are good, especially the super nice staff!!!

Employees of Caveland were wonderful!

Great place to stay, friendly staff, located not too far from the main town of Fira, walking distance to shops. A little more attention to cleanliness would have made this an outstanding place, but even as is I would stay there again.

• 27th Mar 2015

The location is not excellent. but with an ATV it wasnt a problem for me. It was super cheap as i got the deal at 33 Euro for three nights including breakfast. The place is beautiful. Btw, the shower head was horrible and they sold me the mineral water at one euro which i could get at less than fifty cents in the supermarket.

I like the wine cellar cave that I stayed in, its spacious and authentic. The volunteers are friendly and helpful. The only one minor comment would be that the WiFi is not accesible in the cave/room. Otherwise everything was good.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Thanks for your review! You guys were great, friendly guests to have around. Unfortunately, the deeper in the caves you go, naturally the less strong the wifi signal is! We're glad you had a good stay!

Fantastic place to stay in Santorini! Great authentic caves to sleep in, staff are friendly and helpful and there's a great community atmosphere among travellers. Just down the road from the bus stop to take you anywhere on the island, or rent a scooter or bike and do your own thing, rental places are also close by. Yoga is a great addition to the chilled out stay.

• 4th Mar 2015

Was so happy with my stay at Caveland! The staff was amazing, there are 3 sweet dogs outside, it's a beautiful location and easy to get everywhere within a short walk/bus ride! We came in the offseason and the staff was very helpful in finding us places that were open and helping us make the most of our time there. Absolutely no complaints about Caveland, it was a wonderful experience in the beautiful Santorini!

• 1st Mar 2015