Cebu Guesthouse

Rating 249 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
31st Jan 2017
3.1

This was almost enough to make me never want to stay in a hostel ever again. The photos on the site are 100 years old, the rooms smell, the kitchen area is a nightmare! Theres no soap anywhere, no handsoap in the bathroom no dish soap in the kitchen. Cold shower. Rude staff that couldnt even be bothered to give me directions to 7-11. Huge cockroaches running around I felt my pillow move! I was horrified and left running at 430am.

• Philippines, Female, 31-40
15th Jan 2017
4.6

The ceiling leaks and even when staff has been politely asked to either transfer me to another room or to even just help me move the bed so that it won't be wet, I got no response. There are roaches on the hall, no trash bin in the rooms as well (I've seen one bin brimming full by the hall- as you enter the hostel). Not worth what I paid.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
28th Nov 2016
6.0

The price announced on Hostel World was actually incorrect. They asked me to see my receipt because I paid only 25php on arrival (When I believe it should've been 250). Fortunately they didn't ask me for more money. There is cameras in the rooms wich leave no space to intimacy. Bathrooms are pretty bad... but I feel it is the same everywhere in Cebu. Overall ok, not to recommend to a "princess".

• Denmark, Male, 41+
5th Nov 2016

It ok but dyrty

• England, Couple, 25-30
28th Sep 2016
4.0

One of my top 5 worst hostels around the world. staff were rude, had no idea how to help me with local area or help with buses. no security to building or rooms. no air con and awful beds. no plug sockets in rooms that worked shower just trickled water but at least shower was warm. have fun if you stay here :)

• Germany, Female, 25-30
27th Sep 2016
6.0

We actually didn't end up staying at Cebu guesthouse because there were cockroaches on the bed and it was berry uncomfortable…the whole place had a nice atmosphere if one likes budget backpacker places but it was full of cockroaches, small, old and just too much for us to stay there…

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
25th Sep 2016
8.0

Cebu guesthouse is definitely a good choice if you're looking for a low cost budget hostel. Cleanliness is not well maintained tho but if you're not that sensitive, i think you can handle it. to rate cleanliness i give 7 out of 10. Pillows and blankets are provided and it's clean & newly washed. Will stay here again if we planned to travel again to Cebu.

14th Sep 2016
6.0

I stayed only 2 nights. The second night just because I did not to move and I wanted to change city. When you are told not to go out on the street at night it is a sign it is not a great city. And I do not care much for photography of cross and church. Maybe I missed something good but the staff did not have any information for tourism and gave wrong directions. They need training and brochures. But I seen worst

• Taiwan, Female, 18-24
2nd Sep 2016
7.7

The staff there was very nice to help us and always give us the right direstionto get to the place we want definetely worth the price !! but the place is not that clean actually, but the price they gave us was really great! so i don't really mind this place is not that clean