Cecilia Hostel Reviews

47 El Falaky Street - Downtown, Cairo, Egypt

I did not have a nice stay at this hostel: the guy at the reception put me in a more expensive room (not the one I booked) trying to get more money. He also made me pay for extra night as my plane arrived at awkward time. When I said there was no hot water the guy said " you need to use your brain"..the floors and the bed covers were no clean. In all honestly, I wouldn't recommend this hostel but definitely visit Cairo:)

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Poland

What a great find ,staff was very helpful and respectful 24 hours a day.And i loved the old Egypt style of flooring and wood work.Will be in Egypt again in January 2013 plan on staying 30 days at the Cecilia.Can`t wait to do some the tours they offer at a nice price also.very enjoyable stay.

• 19th Jul 2012

The Cecilia Hotel my comment is only one Hiroshima after bomb, all that photos in the web was a liar and fraud, I left the Hotel righ awry and I was force to pay $25.00 American money

The staff were great! Very friendly and helpful. Gave me directions, answered questions and helped me to find places. The hostel was very clean while I was there. The room was very nice and the internet worked great. Thanks and hope to see you again!

• 19th Mar 2012
  • New Zealand

hostel is located on the 6th floor.however elevator works.free internet was working first day but on the last day no internet worked.no laundry, soap was provided in wash rooms.Moahmmad Ali at the reception was v.friendly.kitchen is small but working.generally i like it

It is a very familiar place,the mannger is very kind and is all the time ready to help us, we can feel as if we are in our second home.It is in the center of Cairo in a very good place.

You can come anytime at the Cecilia Hostel. the staffis very welcoming and ready to attend all your needs. the place has an excelllent location right in the center of the city. the bathroom have hot water and are clean. the breakfast is simple but graciously served. it is weel worth the money spent. enjoy your stay in Cairo at the Cecilia Hostel

I have never been in a hostel where all staff was so nice, lovely and helpful. Thank you so so much for everything!

It is in central Cairo, and like any ancient city Cairo has 25million people and is very very polluted and noisy. It isn't the fault of the hostel but be warned that that the air is very dirty, and the hotel does try very hard to keep tidy and make guests happy. This is a nice place for the price just don't go expecting luxury, there isn't any.

More than expected for the money. GREAT adventure in the REAL Cairo. Cecilia is a great place to visit the real Cairo, as opposed to the 5 star tourist facade most people see. It's in a downtown neighborhood where people live, work, and "shrubt shisha" in the local cafe. The metro is close, you can always catch a taxi, arrange a driver, or just walk where you want to go. Lots of good street food, lots of good people, lots of adventure. Highly recommend!

• 16th Aug 2011

I've done a fair bit of traveling in the developing world, but I've never stayed in a hostel so dirty. The entrance is a filthy decaying building with cracked floors, feral cats, and an elevator that had us contemplating mortality. But that's Cairo -- from what we saw, it's often par for the course. But the room itself: dirty, soggy toilet paper in the trashcan, filthy rugs covering the floors and a general feeling of grime. Avoid. Pros: the location is great, and the AC strong.

I have spend five nights and had an amazing time. The staff was incredible, I have never had such a good and welcoming service at my hostelworld.com experiences. I strongly recommend Cecillia Hostel and especially all it's services as the desert trip and pyramide sightings. You may pay a little bit more but you don't get botherd by ten people who try to sell you a tour that you do not know if it is safe. My warmest regards to Mohammed, Aisha and the driver Solo, you all made my days

• 21st Jul 2011

Very nice staff, excellent location, beautiful, large terrace, friendly atmosphere. Good value for money. Recommended.

Cecilia is an excellent place to stay in the center of Cairo,appreciated to the manager and theme greatest stuff what i have never met in my life way while i travelling around the world,my room was super clean by the wonderful housekeepers who they were asking me every day to clean my room and the bathroom,i was really satisfied to them,especially mohamed who arranged my trip to pyramids and lovely dinner cruise, the service was actual fine,organized by an experience staff ever,i like u guys^^

• 2nd Jul 2011
  • United Arab Emirates

The Cecilia has a very helpful staff. They are committed to meeting the needs of their guests. The location is ideal, right next to Tehrir, the Egyptian Museum, and all the Metro lines. They helped me set up a tour to the pyramids and later do a faluka cruise. The trip was decently priced, but it was nice to have someone accountable. There is great wireless in all of the rooms, and on the balcony which from the 6th floor overlooks much of Downtown. I hope I can stay again.

• 29th Jun 2011

Nice staff, central location near Tahrir square and Egyptian Museum, cosy shared balcony. Rooms are ok but look a little old (I guess most builidings in Cairo are old). My private bathroom was small, but I got a big sleepingroom. Most rooms have private balcony. Eggs/cheese/jam and coffee/tea for breakfast. Aircondition worked fine. Very good atmosphere, I stayed in Cecilia for a little more than a week and felt "at home".

A really great place to stay. I spent for excellent days here. Really friendly, honest and trustworthy staff and a calm, safe feel about the place. I would recommend for a short or long stay. Thank you.

It is not the cleanest hostel, but I like to stay there, because its in downtown, not far from the underground and you have very friendly staff there.

very nice, helpful staff, great location, rooms have character but a bit on the scruffy side

Friendly staff who offers you opportunities to visit Giza and welcome you with their homemade Egyptian tea. Great location (end of the street = Tahrir Square) and a nice balcony where you can have an evening tea with Caïro overview.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6