Cedar Ridge Lodging Reviews

lot #2 Cedar Ridge, Bogue Hill, St. James, Montego Bay, Jamaica

I traveled to Jamaica in Aug 2015 and had a great time. Mostly because of Arlenes hospitality and her great suggestions on what to do. I traveled on my own, but then met Tom from UK at the hostel with whom I have traveled afterwards. Arlenes has been the best hostess. We asked her what to do, and she made a whole plan for us with people to call, places to stay and which taxis to take. I would highly recommend to stay at Cedar Ridge Lodge.

Hello, I loved my stay at your place ! The only thing I thought was lacking was hot water in the basement shower hehe. This is my first hostel experience so it's hard to compare but everything was good enough for me. Nice place, nice atmosphere, everyone I met was nice (Madge, Firstman, Lisa, Jay). Thanks for the general tips about Jamaica and for your companionship Arlene. We didn't spend much time together but it was nice talking to you.

This is a nice property with a great view of the Bay, however is a little far away from everything, you need to take taxi (U$10 per trip minimum) to the beach or to get groceries. Firstman will take you everywhere, nice guy, he knows everything you need to know in MOBAY.

Thank you Daniel, sorry I was not there to meet you and glad you had a great time. I hope that on your next visit to Jamaica that you will come and visit with us so we can meet. Glad that Firstman took care of you and your transportation needs. One Love

The property, plants, and view were very incredible. However, there was no sign marking the lodge, and we had to go up to several surrounding houses to try to find out where we were. It should be recommended that no one try to find this place at night on their own. The lodge claimed they didn't have our reservation. No one was awake when we went to check out in the morning. Clearly this is the place to go if you are young and want to smoke weed. Not so good if you are older.

• 29th Mar 2015

Hi Amy, Thank you so much for your feedback, it all helps. I apologize that for your disappointed. It seems our service was not up to the usual informative warmth. We are a home hostel & consequently do not advertise for security reasons - we usually only share location with travelers & select drivers. I was not there & clearly there were some shortcomings. We would love to offer you - by way of compensation 2 complimentary nights, if you come back to Jamaica, allow us to redeem ourselves.

It's the best mon!😄😎🌴🌴🌴🗿🗿🗿

Like other places in Jamaica the hostel is quite expensive. It's a bit outside of Montego Bay and you need a transport to get to the bus station and other things in the center. I liked the location in the hills, but for very short stays it could be inconvenient.

This place is amazing! Get a true feel for Montego Bay. a perfect introduction to Jamaica

View all Montego Bay Bed and Breakfasts