Cedar Ridge Lodging Reviews

lot #2 Cedar Ridge, Bogue Hill, St. James, Montego Bay, Jamaica

This is a nice property with a great view of the Bay, however is a little far away from everything, you need to take taxi (U$10 per trip minimum) to the beach or to get groceries. Firstman will take you everywhere, nice guy, he knows everything you need to know in MOBAY.

Thank you Daniel, sorry I was not there to meet you and glad you had a great time. I hope that on your next visit to Jamaica that you will come and visit with us so we can meet. Glad that Firstman took care of you and your transportation needs. One Love

The property, plants, and view were very incredible. However, there was no sign marking the lodge, and we had to go up to several surrounding houses to try to find out where we were. It should be recommended that no one try to find this place at night on their own. The lodge claimed they didn't have our reservation. No one was awake when we went to check out in the morning. Clearly this is the place to go if you are young and want to smoke weed. Not so good if you are older.

• 29th Mar 2015

Hi Amy, Thank you so much for your feedback, it all helps. I apologize that for your disappointed. It seems our service was not up to the usual informative warmth. We are a home hostel & consequently do not advertise for security reasons - we usually only share location with travelers & select drivers. I was not there & clearly there were some shortcomings. We would love to offer you - by way of compensation 2 complimentary nights, if you come back to Jamaica, allow us to redeem ourselves.

It's the best mon!😄😎🌴🌴🌴🗿🗿🗿

Like other places in Jamaica the hostel is quite expensive. It's a bit outside of Montego Bay and you need a transport to get to the bus station and other things in the center. I liked the location in the hills, but for very short stays it could be inconvenient.

This place is amazing! Get a true feel for Montego Bay. a perfect introduction to Jamaica

This place had amazing views. Best place to stay in Montego Bay! Arlene was great and gave us a ton of information on places to go and things to do/eat.

your energy and positive vibrations added to the overall energy in the house - we are so thankful that you chose us and we look forward to you being a Cedar Ridge Friend and to your eventual return. One Love Blessings on your journeys Arlene

Cedar Ridge sits atop Bogue Hill. Besides the terracotta ambiance, the central garden, the clean and well-organized rooms, my stay has been graced by a vibrant communal atmosphere. I sat for hours on the veranda overlooking palm and ackee trees and meditated from a hammock with a view of the bay. I learned how to make Jamaican rice and peas and curry chicken. I drew and painted with the welcome company of travelers and the occasional hummingbird. Great experience! Highly recommend it.

• 10th Jan 2015

Some people just fit right into a space enhancing experiences for everyone, that was this guest. It was a pleasure to get to be in your company, next time around I will spend much more time, Blessings to you on all your journeys and I certainly hope that you will come back and share yourself with us once again. ONe Love little sistah

Really loved my stay in Cedar Ridge!!! Arlene is so nice and helpful to us and left me a GREAT first impression of the country! Definitely a place worth staying for ur trip in Jamaica!!!

We really loved having you stay with us and sharing in the vibrations of the season. We look forward to your being a 'friend" and your eventual return to your Jamaica home. Blessings

CR is nestled in the hills of Montego Bay and offers a secure and calm environment. You will wake up to the most incredible view of Montego Bay--don't forget to take it all in. While CR isn't close to the beach, it's a nice escape from the hubub of the city...and it's quite easy to catch a cab to the hip strip and beyond. Arlene is VERY helpful and was a gem throughout our whole stay on the island. She extended an invite to a local Rasta festival--our favorite day of the entire 9 days! THANKS!

• 29th Dec 2014

Best hostel experience so far! Arlene is very helpful and so does all staff there! Had a great Christmas dinner with everyone stayed there. Sweet memory!!

To me, the best Montego Place if you want to spend a real & quiet jamaican way of life, with in addition a warm welcome a wonderful view of the bay !

• 4th Dec 2014