Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

The room got very hot. This was fixed by opening the bathroom door so the wind could blow through. Unfortunately not all ppl in the dorm understood this so maybe a note should be on the door.8

Fantastic Hostel, great staff who will help you with anything you need. great social place. Only thing was the big dorms are in a loft and have super low ceiling so expect to hit your head a few times.

In the biggest dorm - there are lockers but no way to lock it! Also, one of the (two) sinks was broke through the three nights I was there. Otherwise, this hostel is a novel use of the space, the staff are super friendly, there are interesting things going on most nights - but it's overpriced due to its reputation.

All in all, a very nice hostel in a great location. Showers were a bit run-down but that wasn't a major problem.

Hostel in a strange part of town, which didn't actually bother me but made a few guests uneasy. Shower didn't so much clean you as spray lukewarm water across the tiny bathroom. 12 bed dorm may as well be a giant king size bed as the single beds are so close to each other. Laundry room made my clothes smell worse than before I washed them. Lockers had no locks... Not sure how they can be called lockers. Drainage system needs some industrial solvent poured through it. Staff friendly. :)

Thanks for ending your review by complimenting our staff. For the rest we have to take deep breath before answering. Hostel is in the process of renovation and we agree with you there are areas that need some improving. We're working on that. We are just installing new card locker system to maximize the safety of guest's belongings. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Welcome back anytime.

Celica was a very unique hostel. The facilities were good, dorms can be a bit crowded, but there's a very cozy feel to the place. The staff are SUPER helpful and there's events at the hostel every night to help people meet each other. It's in a really cool grungey area with bars steps from the place. It's a bit of a walk from the city center, but it's a nice walk. I had a great time there!

Wifi didn't work in our room. Location is okay, staff are okay, help wasn't offered, we had to ask. Breakfast is basic. Though cosy atmosphere and clean. I'd probably look for somewhere else if I was in Ljubljana again.

Celica hostel is in a neat area of the city that is up and coming and full of alternative artists. It was cool being able to see this other part of Ljubljana that I would not have seen otherwise. The staff were nice, and the rooms were clean. There were no lockers for our bags though, but it was ok for the one night we were there. The hostel offered a lot to do and organized social events. It is near to the train station, which was convenient for us.

Super cool concept! Book a cell- it's worth the Instagram pic alone! Ljubljana only 15 minute walk from hostel but it's great to see the hostels surroundings- a surreal art world. Staff were dead helpful & try to book a craft beer tour with Iva- she was great! http://www.ljubljananjam.si/

The ladies at the reception are very helpful, but the front desk guy at midnight is rude to us...and I expected more prison-like atmosphere. One ridiculous thing is we had a double bed in a MIXED dorm, and a guy sleep on the double bed, which means we would have to sleep with a strange guy on the same bed...luckily the staff allowed us to change room. Still, the location is nice if you have to catch early train/ bus, just a bit walk from the city centre but acceptable distance.

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear that one of our staffers was rude to you. That is not acceptable and we will look into the matter. When it comes to choosing beds in dorm rooms, it's a matter of first-come, first-choice policy and sometimes it's not fair to the guest who comes in the room last. We do our best to quickly and efficiently resolve this kind of situations as we did in your case. :) Wish you all the best and you're welcome to come back anytime.

Very noisy in the hostel at night ! A lot of traffic on the stairs and corridors! No blind or curtains in room

Querky hostel in art area of Ljubljana 15 minute walk into town. Very secure. Bar and cafe on site with average food. Quite a loud bar next door but cannot hear as much from inside rooms. Cheap airport transfers!

Super nice staffs. Not easy to find the hostel at night, not good sinalize in a place with lot of strange people hanging out and skating. My room was a mixed one, toilet not clean and dor broke, no way to lock it.

My 4-bed dorm is not in cell-designed and the room is cramped. Also, even with air-conditioner, my room is super hot.

This was a deent hostel, the staff really made it the best to be honest. It may have been a bad night to arrive, which I dont doubt as I heard the previous nights had been incredible. Not a bad walking distance from the city center, and the hostel itself is very cool. However, when its hot, its HOT. the Air conditioning doesnt really work and it can be a little bit unbearable.

The rooms are clean (but mattresses are v soft), each room is different - we stayed in the "cross" room, which is not for the faint-hearted (the upper bunk is suspended in the middle of the room with no barriers to stop you rolling out of bed!). Great BBQ, good breakfast, staff are v helpful but reception needs more staff as it gets very busy and slow.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • polkadotty84

This hostel really has personality! Located in a former prison, it is now a colourful and artistic place, just 10 minutes walking from the city centre and next to the bus and train station. The staff is very friendly and helpful :) It is just a pity that the seven bed dorm I stayed in is so small: some beds are under the attic sloped ceiling and there is hardly any space between the mattresses. However, Celica is a good place to stay and enjoy Ljubljana. Great atmosphere and very good vibes :)

Staying at hostel Celica was not only an affordable solution for an unplanned voyage, but a heartwarming experience that gave me motivation for further travels. I have bonded with some amazing people and I have experienced the Ljubljana in a most positive way. The hostel itself has a vivid life, there is always a program, hidden places to explore, people to meet. Little trips in nature around Ljubljana are exquisite.

• 25th May 2015

Wow! It's great to hear that Celica experience motivated you for futher travels. So nice to read your review, we really try our best to make our guest's stay as pleasant as possible. Wish you safe travels!

Really unimpressed. Room was dirty, cramped and hot. Air conditioning in the room wasn't working properly, or helping at all. There was no blind on the skylight as well, meaning a ray of sun light just shone on my friend whilst trying to sleep. The staff weren't unfriendly but lacked any of the positive mannerisms I found at Veselova or Lake Bled. Also had to wait outside for 2 minutes at night because no one was around to open the door. Most expensive hostel on our stay but crappest

Loved it - friendly and helpful staff in a great location. We managed to get some free Slovenian cake on arrival!

Nothing says welcome more than a piece of free cake, right. Thanks for your sweet review ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3