Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

2026 Total Reviews

Nice large hostel in the alternative art area of Ljubljana. Big cafe/restaurant and nice chill dorms upstairs. Kitchen was small and only had butter knives to use. Made cutting my veggies very hard. Atmosphere here woukd be insane during on season.

Great location in Metelkova, surrounded by street art etc. It was a fun concept sleeping in an old prison cell. The staff were helpful in arranging car and bike rentals. Overall a good experience.

A unique experience! The idea of staying at a renovated prison doesn't sound like the most enticing one, but this place is simply one of the best hostels that I have stayed at. Great location, clean and comfortable rooms, hot showers, super-friendly and helpful staff, and a bar / cafe / restaurant. I would definitely stay here again.

This may be one of the best hostels that I've ever been to. The rooms are all very well designed, and with the guest's convenience in mind. It is extremely clean, and the breakfast (although it isn't free) was great as well! The staff were all so helpful, so we decided to stay another night!

I was really very satisfied with the accomodation and had a great time there, but the only thing i found was not really okej was having couple of double beds in mixed dorm, so being forced sleeping next to some random dude you don t know when you booked a single bed is really not cool... :-)

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Croatia

It was a nice hostel which seemed to think of everything. I must thank the reception staff - they were very knowledgeable and friendly and made my stay in Slovenia a great one

Celica has a lot on offer in terms of space to sit and relax, and the lay out of the hostel is top notch! Walking distance to the train/ bus station and right in to the heart of town takes about 10 minutes. The free breakfast was good- but some fruit would have gone a long way with me. Overall it was a good stay, but the time of year meant there wasn't too many people around. But that can't be avoided, I guess :)

One of the Best hostel I stayed in so far.

• 16th Oct 2015

monika was nyt favorite. she was so welcoming! ! cool looking hostel. in a funky area. very close to bus station

A really reasonably priced hostel with lovely, helpful and friendly staff. I think this would be a great place to stay if you are with a group but not so great for someone travelling alone as there aren't so many oppurtunities to meet people here at the hostel as the bar area etc. are quite quiet. But I have to say that this is a lovely place with a good atmosphere, very chilled and there are always staff on hand with good ideas, suggestions and advice. Also this is a great location!

12 person dorm had 6 outlets. Beds were crammed in so you ended up sleeping right next to a complete stranger. Bathroom not clean. Kitchen is comically undersized and barely serviceable. Wifi didn't work in most places. Cool location in metelkova.

Definitely a must if in Ljubljana, but don't expect any upgraded facilities or very clean accommodations. The concept behind the hostel and area around it is very cool and a great experience, but some of the basics were disappointing. Dirty and tiny kitchen with bare minimum cooking abilities, shared bathrooms weren't very clean and far too few showers/stalls, and the beds and linens didn't feel very clean either. Staff were very friendly though, and it was a great backpacking atmosphere.

Great place - I stayed at Celcia the forth time there. The location is near the train station (6 minutes walk) and a 5-10 minutes stroll to the center. The rooms are a little bit small but the public spaces, the meditation room etc are great supplements. Stay there! Johannes

I stayed three nights here and this hostel felt like a giant bed factory. It is really impersonal and upon arrival the staff did not even ask if I wanted a rundown of the city layout or anything like that. That being said, I prefer smaller hostels in general and didn't know how big this one was going to be. The location is cool, though, and once I changed from the 12 person dorm to a 4 person dorm I had a much better stay. Everything was clean enough, but the showers were kind of gnarly.

You are right, Hostel Celica has 92 beds and it's really not a small hostel, however we try to make it as friendly and personal as possible. Next time you visit, we recommend you stay in a two bedded room/cell and get different, more private experience of the hostel. We're sorry you felt our staff was not helpful enough upon arrival. We hope you asked our staff later on and got all the information. Wish you all the best!

Great people, friendly and smart area with an edge!

• 23rd Sep 2015

Friendly and helpful staff, lots to see and do. The hostel is in a great location. The sheets on the beds weren't fitted well and we got bitten by mosquitoes but this is my only complaint. I would definitely.recommend and stay again.

I had a nice time staying at the hostel. I ordered a 12 bedded dorm but ended up in a 7 bedded one. This was quite small in size, the beds were pretty close to each other plus the room was located right beneath the ceiling so at some places you couldn't stand up straight. Other than that, can't have any real complaints on my experience here. Maybe the bar should be open a bit longer?

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Location of hostel is pretty good, placed in a really interesting place. Only problem is the atmosphere is none existent such a big place but not many young people. Beds are so small and so close together, had issues with our bathroom as well.

The hostel is located just 5 minutes away from every major attraction-railway station, bus terminal, major tourist attractions. The hostel has lot of historic significance and is a monument in itself

Thank you for your feedback. We are a bit confused, though. You wrote nice things, but gave us pretty bad rating. Despite that we hope you had lovely stay in Hostel Celica. Welcome back anytime.

Location is good, very close to the train/bus station and it is also in heart of the Grafitti/Street art area. Breakfast is good but you need to pay for it. Staff were very helpful. I recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5