Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

2060 Total Reviews

room 105: ladder is unpleasant to climb, no shelf by the bed to leave things, no table/cabinet in the downstairs part of the room, only one hanger for a jacket

• 5th Feb 2016

A huge hostel, it must sleep over 200 people. Really clean and nice rooms (no bunk beds). The staff are really warm and friendly and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. It's a little bit further out of the city centre than some other hostels but right next to the bus/train station and given that Ljubljana is pretty small its a 10 minute walk to the centre. The most interesting point is that the hostel is within Metalkova City an interesting night out where anyone is welcome.

Nice hostel but the 'hostel' part was kind of secluded from the hotel. It made the stay less welcoming. Location is 10 minutes from city center walking. Good value.

We loved the quirkiness of this hostel. The rooms were brilliant and the facilities were well done. The only downside was the noise. There was a group of incredibly loud Americans who came in screaming and shouting from 3am until 5am on Friday night and 2-3 am on Saturday. The hostel says it has quiet hours but these were not well enforsed and it really impacted our stay. Such a shame for a potentially amazing place.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Wales

Glad you liked us. Those guys obviously took their fun seriuosly. But it shouldn't have influenced on your choice to rest and sleep, I agree. Quiet hours do exist here and will pay more attention if there is a next time. All the best!

The place is close to the main train station which was great for me who was making an eurail trip, but the place is kinda hidden, it took me like 15 minutes walking trying to find it and it was pretty cold outside. Also I felt kinda insecure with my stuffs, pretty weird people around the place. Another thing that I didn't like much was the fact that in the rooms there is just two plugs even when the place (the one I reserved) was made for 4 persons. Kinda uncomfortable.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The cell was very comfortable with a fantastic bed upstairs. I can only recommend the place!

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Hungary

Thanks. And please, do recommend us! All the best!

Really cool staff, nice location in Metelkova (party place but not too noisy) Hostel was clean and modern

Close the station. Good to stay

One staff member on for the bar area and reception. This is very frustrating. Staff member was also new and did not know how to make hot chocolate. There was a smelly issue in the dorm and they were hesitant to help. Hostel is in a party area with drug deals happening out the back which you can see from the tiny kitchen upstairs. Bathrooms in room are just gross and never cleaned properly. Cool sitting area and restaurant. Location is outside rail but a fair walk from town. Not bad not great

Sorry to hear you felt disappointed about your stay. Cleaning staff is present at all times and it's their job to deliver proper cleaning service. Will definitely pass on the comment in order it doesn't happen again. The issue with only 1 staff member covering both areas is not that uncommon in hostels, especially in low season periods. But we understand you may have felt neglected if there were crowded situations, which made your waiting a bit longer. Our apologies again. All the best!

Nice large hostel in the alternative art area of Ljubljana. Big cafe/restaurant and nice chill dorms upstairs. Kitchen was small and only had butter knives to use. Made cutting my veggies very hard. Atmosphere here woukd be insane during on season.

It's a pity you didn't ask for better knives at the bar downstairs, would have made everything much easier. We'll take care of it, thx for sharing!

Great location in Metelkova, surrounded by street art etc. It was a fun concept sleeping in an old prison cell. The staff were helpful in arranging car and bike rentals. Overall a good experience.

A unique experience! The idea of staying at a renovated prison doesn't sound like the most enticing one, but this place is simply one of the best hostels that I have stayed at. Great location, clean and comfortable rooms, hot showers, super-friendly and helpful staff, and a bar / cafe / restaurant. I would definitely stay here again.

This may be one of the best hostels that I've ever been to. The rooms are all very well designed, and with the guest's convenience in mind. It is extremely clean, and the breakfast (although it isn't free) was great as well! The staff were all so helpful, so we decided to stay another night!

I was really very satisfied with the accomodation and had a great time there, but the only thing i found was not really okej was having couple of double beds in mixed dorm, so being forced sleeping next to some random dude you don t know when you booked a single bed is really not cool... :-)

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Croatia

It was a nice hostel which seemed to think of everything. I must thank the reception staff - they were very knowledgeable and friendly and made my stay in Slovenia a great one

Celica has a lot on offer in terms of space to sit and relax, and the lay out of the hostel is top notch! Walking distance to the train/ bus station and right in to the heart of town takes about 10 minutes. The free breakfast was good- but some fruit would have gone a long way with me. Overall it was a good stay, but the time of year meant there wasn't too many people around. But that can't be avoided, I guess :)

Thx for sharing. Yeah, you're right, after the super busy spring & summer months, there always comes a short break before the end-of-year festive period. But it pretty much depends on a night, there are extra lively nights as well as quieter and more chill out hours. A laid back afternoon from time to time is not that bad after all, would you agree?:)

One of the Best hostel I stayed in so far.

• 16th Oct 2015

monika was nyt favorite. she was so welcoming! ! cool looking hostel. in a funky area. very close to bus station

Monika says thanks!:)

Most of the original jail stuff has been 'made over', so you dont get much of a 'jail' vibe unless you book one of the cell rooms. I didnt find it a super friendly hostel, the staff made me feel like every question I asked was a chore although cafe staff were friendlier. Worth going to to see the community next door.

On behalf of the reception staff, please accept our apologies. You're right, the best prison-like experience comes with sleeping in one of the cells which is specifically written in the basic description. But there are so many other features around the building bringing guests closer to the hostel's main concept and its historical heritage. All the best!

A really reasonably priced hostel with lovely, helpful and friendly staff. I think this would be a great place to stay if you are with a group but not so great for someone travelling alone as there aren't so many oppurtunities to meet people here at the hostel as the bar area etc. are quite quiet. But I have to say that this is a lovely place with a good atmosphere, very chilled and there are always staff on hand with good ideas, suggestions and advice. Also this is a great location!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4