Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

1923 Total Reviews

The hostel did not live up to expectations. It's main selling point is staying in a former prison, but as you may find out most people will be in a dorm other than a cell block (which is a shame as I need locking up). Room weren't particularly clean and the atmosphere was a bit lack-luster. Room was overpriced relative to other hostels in the area.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Extremely friendly and helpful staff! They even allowed me to print things and make an international call free of charge and the bar staff were very good too. The 12-bed dorm is very cramped and a weird set up with the beds where you pretty much sleep side-by-side with another person if you're unlucky. The weather wasn't too hot when I stayed but the room was quite warm so could see that being a massive issue when it's much warmer. Also I stubbed my toe on the second day but it was my fault.

our train arrived later than planned and it was clear when we arrived that they had given our room away, they had us in the worst room ever, room 201, we basically had 2 mattresses pushed together on a ledge with a wooden beam right above our heads, luckily there were 2 of us - if we had been a strangers things could've been really awkward. The host was limited in his advice on what was around locally and there wasn't much of an atmosphere about the hostel. We also had to make our own beds.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Very glad I only had one night here. Firstly very expensive for what you get and shared rooms are so small you have nowhere to put your belongings. Secondly the beds were so uncomfortable and I had to climb a very unsafe ladder to get to my bed which was a tiny mattress above the bunk beds on a wooden surface. It was unbearably hot and there was no air con, just a pathetic fan blowing warm air around the room. Also, only one shower worked and the bathroom was dirty with no soap ect. Stay away.

Had a pleasant two nights at Celica hostel. However, if you are staying in the 12 dorm room it is not decorated/renovated in a prison style as I believe the other smaller rooms are. In addition, the washroom in the dorm always had a wet floor from the use of the guests. This is not really the hostels' fault but they could add some sort of mat or plank so you don't get your feet wet every time you go to use it. Otherwise it was a great experience with a incredibly helpful and friendly staff.

Its a cool looking place with a cool bar but that's about it. My dorm was all single beds, super close together. Two were literally joined to make a double bed, which was awkward for the two random people who are put there. it was also tucked in the corner so the person at the end had to climb over the first person. Bathroom was dirty and it was a long walk to the city center. Was really loud on live band night and every night people partied til 5 or 6am right outside, so no sleep either

Cool arty hostel in studenty area of Ljubljana, but does mean a little further from the town (about 15 mins walk, or 5 mins on bikes which you can rent from the hostel!) Metelkova is great to have at your doorstep in the evening though. Enjoyed the hostel's live music night. Dorms/communal areas are fine/pretty standard, although not much fridge space and kitchen was sometimes left a bit messy (and found a few non-hostel guests there on Friday night!) but overall had a good experience.

The room got very hot. This was fixed by opening the bathroom door so the wind could blow through. Unfortunately not all ppl in the dorm understood this so maybe a note should be on the door.8

cool hostel in an even cooler neighbourhood. very alternative and great to hang out and meet locals. friendly staff aswell, hahah.

Fantastic Hostel, great staff who will help you with anything you need. great social place. Only thing was the big dorms are in a loft and have super low ceiling so expect to hit your head a few times.

In the biggest dorm - there are lockers but no way to lock it! Also, one of the (two) sinks was broke through the three nights I was there. Otherwise, this hostel is a novel use of the space, the staff are super friendly, there are interesting things going on most nights - but it's overpriced due to its reputation.

All in all, a very nice hostel in a great location. Showers were a bit run-down but that wasn't a major problem.

Hostel in a strange part of town, which didn't actually bother me but made a few guests uneasy. Shower didn't so much clean you as spray lukewarm water across the tiny bathroom. 12 bed dorm may as well be a giant king size bed as the single beds are so close to each other. Laundry room made my clothes smell worse than before I washed them. Lockers had no locks... Not sure how they can be called lockers. Drainage system needs some industrial solvent poured through it. Staff friendly. :)

Thanks for ending your review by complimenting our staff. For the rest we have to take deep breath before answering. Hostel is in the process of renovation and we agree with you there are areas that need some improving. We're working on that. We are just installing new card locker system to maximize the safety of guest's belongings. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Welcome back anytime.

Celica was a very unique hostel. The facilities were good, dorms can be a bit crowded, but there's a very cozy feel to the place. The staff are SUPER helpful and there's events at the hostel every night to help people meet each other. It's in a really cool grungey area with bars steps from the place. It's a bit of a walk from the city center, but it's a nice walk. I had a great time there!

Overpriced. No real kitchen. A couple of the staff were really friendly and helpful but others weren't. I stayed in a dorm and in a cell. The cells are just as hit and miss as the dorms so don't waste your money on one if you're on a budget. I would recommend saving your money by staying closer to downtown and then just visiting this area at some point on your trip (unless you really want to be close to the bus station).

Wifi didn't work in our room. Location is okay, staff are okay, help wasn't offered, we had to ask. Breakfast is basic. Though cosy atmosphere and clean. I'd probably look for somewhere else if I was in Ljubljana again.

Celica hostel is in a neat area of the city that is up and coming and full of alternative artists. It was cool being able to see this other part of Ljubljana that I would not have seen otherwise. The staff were nice, and the rooms were clean. There were no lockers for our bags though, but it was ok for the one night we were there. The hostel offered a lot to do and organized social events. It is near to the train station, which was convenient for us.

Super cool concept! Book a cell- it's worth the Instagram pic alone! Ljubljana only 15 minute walk from hostel but it's great to see the hostels surroundings- a surreal art world. Staff were dead helpful & try to book a craft beer tour with Iva- she was great! http://www.ljubljananjam.si/

The ladies at the reception are very helpful, but the front desk guy at midnight is rude to us...and I expected more prison-like atmosphere. One ridiculous thing is we had a double bed in a MIXED dorm, and a guy sleep on the double bed, which means we would have to sleep with a strange guy on the same bed...luckily the staff allowed us to change room. Still, the location is nice if you have to catch early train/ bus, just a bit walk from the city centre but acceptable distance.

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear that one of our staffers was rude to you. That is not acceptable and we will look into the matter. When it comes to choosing beds in dorm rooms, it's a matter of first-come, first-choice policy and sometimes it's not fair to the guest who comes in the room last. We do our best to quickly and efficiently resolve this kind of situations as we did in your case. :) Wish you all the best and you're welcome to come back anytime.

Very noisy in the hostel at night ! A lot of traffic on the stairs and corridors! No blind or curtains in room

« first « Prev 1 2 3