Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Excellent hostel. Very nice and helpful staff. The lack of lockers inside the rooms is the only negative point about this amazing place.

The blonde lady at reception was outstanding, was there on a Sunday found her unbelievably helpful snd welcoming. as well as the Dark haired lady in the bar who provided amazing coffee and a good laugh. definetly recommend this hostel and if you can try book room 107 ;)

Interesting expirience as it was former prison. Electrical sockets could be closer to bed as climbing up and down the bed is a bit hard and not the safest thing to do. Staff is great. Outside hostel is place for gathering for alternative looking people. Also, food provided in Celica is decent and is value for money.

Friendly staff who were always happy to help, good and clean facilities all around.

• 10th Oct 2014

Thanks, we'll pass it on to the friendly staff to make them smile even more! Cheers,

Really close to the railway station, and only about 10 minutes walk from historic central attractions.

I would say this is definitely the best hostel in Ljubljana, and it is probably the most interesting hostel I have ever stayed at. The building itself has such incredible history, and it's location is unique and very close to the train station. The staff were a great help, and it has great facilities such as computers that can be used at no charge. Only issue was upstairs wifi wasn't working when I stayed here. The best bit however is that I can now say I've been to prison for three nights ;)

Awesome hostel for party animals and people who want to get a good nights sleep. Nice dorms albeit not a huge amount of space for luggage, but workable. Staff are fantastic and full of recommendations for what to do / where to go and how, etc etc. It's in a really cool area, 5 minute walk from the bus & train station and easy to get into the centre. Loved my stay and would 100% recommend - met some awesome people here.

Thanks for your enthusiastic feedback. It's comments like these that keep us going on stronger and stronger. And isn't it always about the wonderful people we meet on the road?:) Wish you all the best!

Really enjoyed our stay. It's a quirky hostel with a lot of character. Loved the feel of it. The staff were super helpful and friendly. They were very accommodating when we checked out as our bus didn't leave for another 12hours, so we really appreciated that. Would recommend a stay here to anyone.

We take pride in our character – the building and the staff are here to make you feel welcome and appreciated. It’s awesome to know that our mission succeeded. Hope you had a great trip and you’re welcome back anytime.

Kaja and Ursa along with the night server at the restaurant were super friendly! We stayed in 115 with party of 3 and it was definitely an awesome experience in the cell! Highly recommended and will be back there again when opportunity comes!

It's great to hear you had such a good time at Celica. We are happy that you liked your cell and felt the warmth of our staff. Thank you for your kind words and I guess we’ll see you soon again. Cheers!

Great hostel and a cool setting. Value for money not great, a little expensive. Ursa at reception was extremely helpful along with all other staff, one particular girl was very sweet. Location close to station,15 min walk to centre. I highly recommend renting bikes €6 a day. Saturday night was very loud. Free travel books to borrow. Toilets/showers a little unclean. Light above bed broken. Plug on bottom bunk only. 2 computers were not working. Room 107 was amazing. Overall recommend.

I loved the architecture and design. The check-in and check-out was quite uncomplicated and the staff really nice. Definitely will go there again. :)

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Don't expect to rest much there. But if you want to have fun allnite, you are on the right way!

This hostel is ideal for two travellers: those who need a bed for the night close to the station that will allow late check in (me) and those who like masses of people to socialise with. This hostel has great spaces to chill out and hang our in, but the sheer number of guests made it noisy like a pub. To fit that many people in, the rooms are cramped. There wasn't room to open my luggage and I had to sleep with my stuff on my bed. Then there was the night club just down the road...

Sorry to hear that you were missing some peace and quiet. It's true, our hostel is a place where people socialize and hang out and when we’re full with guests, the noise in the restaurant and bar rises accordingly. As for the bar down the road goes, we do our best to keep the noise down in the hostel but the outside area is unfortunately beyond our control. We hope that overall you enjoyed your stay in Ljubljana. All the best!

Good location and very nice staff, also the activities provided by the hostel are great (e.g. bbq and parties). The only "not so good point" was the bathroom, it wasn't big enough and the water went from the shower to the floor easy. I would stay there again for sure.

The best hostel I ever stayed. I could totally relax and have fun even in the biggest dorm room. A little more expensive than other hostels but totally worth it.

Everything was fantastic except for the kitchen on the top floor was a little lacking

The 4-bed dorm was very small and I could hear people in the bar very clearly til around 12/1. The room also smelt pretty bad, I think there may have been an issue with the plumbing. The bar and facilities are really good, though a bit of a walk to the centre.

The room I had booked was being renovated so I got put in a nicer room for no extra cost shich was nice, except that the individual lighr above my bed wasn't installed and there were only 2 outlets in the entire room which was frustrating. Also, no wifi except on the ground floor. It's a cool hostel with a hip, artsy vibe, and the back story is really interesting, but should I go back to Ljubljana, Celica would not be my first choice.

This hostel was severly overpriced in my opinion. The location wasn't very good, the only plus being it was close to the station. No wifi in the rooms, the 7-bed dorm had the weirdest lay-out I've ever seen; slanted roof so no bunkbeds, room was only as wide as the beds which lead to there being two 'double beds' so there was a possibility you'd sleep 2 inches from someone you don't know and they'd have to climb over you to get into their bed... No lockers. Would not recommend this hostel.

The lockers were broken during my stay but they were closing the room to be repaired as I was leaving. Maybe was just there on a dead week but felt like there was nobody actually staying there but me, everyone was just passin through

You're right, the room is closed for construction works as we speak. We're sorry you got that deserted feeling, maybe it was just one of those strange days. Make sure you visit us again and get a nice Celica experience that every guests should have. Cheers!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5