Celica Art Hostel

Fabulous 2573 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Aug 2017
3.7

I was really looking forward to try stay here, given the wonderful reviews. I was disappointed with my experience. Upon arrival, the hostel looked quite run down. I then checked into the dorm room to find the worst sleeping conditions I have ever seen at a hostel. The single mattress was situated under the small roof space, which meant that I could not sit up. The two mattresses were placed next to each other, so it was like sleeiny in a double bed with a complete stranger.

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
13th Aug 2017

one of the best i've stayed at. wonderful athmosphere, cozy rooms, clean facilities. comfy beds that invite you to fornicate in. we didn't do it, though. honestly. friendliest staff ever. we'll come back!

• England, Couple, 25-30
13th Aug 2017

We stayed in both a private room and dorm room during our stay. The private room was really cool and had the authentic jail feel but the dorm room not so much. The dorm room was on the top floor in a really small corner (not even an old jail cell) were they have basically crammed in as many beds as possible. I would reconsider this (it was the 7 person room). The hostel itself is pretty cool and close to the train/bus station and the staff were really friendly.

12th Aug 2017

Great location; very convient and interesting part of town. The place feels lovingly crafted,with custom made wooden furniture and beds, with delightful little corners and spaces for relaxing. My partner was particularly enamoured with the bedding! Breakfast in not included, but great value as the coffee is actually nice (when is that ever true in a hostel?) One thing to note, the rooms on the 2nd floor only have skylight windows, so I found them a little claustrophobic (nobody else did!)

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2017

We stayed one night in Celica Art Hostel, which was fine. The staff was really nice, the atmosphere was great and it is centrally located. However, because the hostel represents itself as a former prison, we had hoped to notice this a bit more in our dorm.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
6th Aug 2017

Celica is a great place to stay. They have great common areas inside and outside with a bar and a restaurant. The staff is very nice! Celica is directly in the middle of the party area Metelcova. So no long ways back home :) The only thing I would complain about is the cleanness of the bathrooms. Celica is a little bit more expensive due to that I would have expected they would clean the bathrooms more than only once a day.

5th Aug 2017
7.1

Only has air conditioning not in the rooms! I was there in August and this made it very difficult to sleep at night. Not in the center of old town in a bit of a sketchy neighborhood. Different type of customers-saw some families and older individuals.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Aug 2017

Loved the friendly staff and bar, couldn't praise them enough! Great location in walking distance from the town and good to have the kitchen available too! Only downside would be the heat - air conditioning didn't reach our room so was rather hot at night!

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Aug 2017

I loved it here! The area (Metelkova) is amazing and I met so many lovely people here. The only downside is that myself and the other people I met in my room agreed that our room (12 bed) could probably realistically better hold no more than 8. Also we were in Ljubljana during a heatwave and the AC didn't work (we later cleaned the filters ourselves after no help from the hostel which made it a tiny bit better) and there were no fans available. Shame as otherwise I had a lovely stay!

• England, Male, 18-24
2nd Aug 2017

Great atmosphere, really nice rooms with fans and great facilities. Great location! A hotspot for nightlife. Breakfast wasn't the most amazing breakfast but good for a hostel