Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Excellent hostel. Price a little above from others at same quality, but really great. The should work on deals for 3, 4 nights stay.

The stay was okay. The staff was super, no complains. I was promised a free internet access and I got it, but the computer was in the reception and I had to check my banking information while there were other customers just behind me. I felt kinda uncomfortable doing it that way. Also the room's toilet was kind of dirty, but I slept in a same room with at least 10 guys, so I'm sure that explains it. Nothing special, but the hostel was perfect for me for one night stay.

It is a very interesting part of town, very central and conveniently located near the bus and train stations

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Novel experience in the private cells, but DON'T BOTHER WITH THE DORMS. Dorms: I had the 4-bed dorm and two of the beds were positioned next to an attic slope, so I kept hitting the ceiling. The beds were too short (I'm 5'6) and risk playing footsie with the next guy. Cells: all really unique, worth the experience, although the bathrooms were at one end of the corridor so it can mean a 20m walk. There were lots of strange men hanging around the common areas. Not much fun for solo travelers.

A unique and awesome experience rather than just place o stay! This hostel is an attraction in itself.

• 17th Apr 2015

The hostel is very close to the train station. It was cool to sleep in a old jail! I would recommend.

We had a normal room instead of a cell room - it had an ensuite which was a nice touch. The room was immaculate with modern and clean beds/bunks with storage under, which were fantastic. 3rd floor had a really lovely kitchen and common room area! Staff were friendly but not outstanding. Asked to bring bed linen down at checkout, which I wasn't told before and which made it a massive rush to get to our early train - stressful. Live music was playing which was nice, and the bar staff excellent.

Very nice hostel in a very alternative, interesting neighbourhood. It has many rooms and beds, so if you're looking for a hostel with a familiar atmosphere, it might not quite be the right thing for you.

Great concept and design, friendly staff, cleanliness.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Austria

This hostel was well worth my money it was located very close to the train station. And, it was a lot safer than what I initially intended it to be. Overall great hostel!

Definitely quite a quirky hostel and I did enjoy my stay. However, not without faults. I stayed in 2 different rooms whilst here - room 210 was a 10 bed dorm and luckily fairly empty as beds veryyyyy close together! Room 208 was a nice little room however, no lock on bathroom door, bathroom pretty dilapidated and bedroom door didn't shut very well. Big commercial hostel, as a lone traveler didn't find easy to meet others. Also as female wouldn't feel safe at night in immediate area.

Really enjoyed the stay! Place is really accessible and very comfortable and totally worth the money!

the 4bed room was small, you barely have space to walk in. i suggest paying more to get a nicer feel of the hostel. the beds are place in a weird way. the ceiling is diagonally facing the bed which is weird when you can turn. and the bed light will literally give u a suntan cos its very near and uncomfortably placed on the diagonal ceiling. and there is not enough electricity outletpoint that said,. the hostel is one of the most unique i been, the room are small but also uniquely designed.

Celica was great experience. One of those "different" places... hostel, museum... and with all facilities needed. Great value for money. Would definitely stay there again.

I have stayed at celica twice now and I hope to go back again someday. This is a great hostel, no problems and the staff are so helpful and friendly. Love the place and its atmasphere

The cells are great, but depends which one you will get, our was really strangely organised. While the hostel staff is GREAT, there are few disadvantages: WiFi works only on the groundfloor near reception not in the rooms; restaurant and kitchen are not open on Sunday (you may have a drink/snack tho) and the kitchen is a bit of a joke - smallest fridge I've ever seen for all of the guests. And the equipment is not that good either.

Pros and cons> location is good as it is near bus/train station and short walk to town center.Great Facilities clean and well kept. Breakfast good value for money. Showers are alright. Staff ok. The drawback is the size of the dorm. Tiny and claustrophobic. The dorm's door is partially made of glass and it doesn't prevent the lights and noise from corridor, making it impossible to sleep as most of the guest are groups of students which are up talking loud till late at night. Wifi not good.

Great location and vibe. The building and surroundings are beautiful. Cons are: Wi-Fi signal doesnt reach the rooms (2nd floor) and the shower sucks.

The three front desk staff and two cafe/bar staff I met were extremely helpful, knowledgeable and friendly - over the Christmas holidays no less! As for the room, it was very clean, but it was cold (on the 2nd), the shower holder was broken and most disappointingly, there was nothing "artistic" about it, as was advertised. Oh well, there is still plenty of art outside and how amazing to be part of the squat scene. Highly recommended hostel!

Thanks for you review. From your description it's unclear in what type of room you were staying in. In Celica we have artistic cells on the first floor that are designed by different artists and the multibedded rooms and dorms on the second floor that don't have artistic value. (apart form colorful mosaics). It seems you were staying in one of the rooms. When you return to Celica, we recommend that you spend the night in the cell for the most unique experience. So, see you soon. Right? :)

Cool hostel, close to the city center and equipped with everything you'll need for a pleasant stay in Ljubljana. Might need a few beds less in the dorm though, there's hardly any room between each of them and you'll end up sleeping literally inches away from the nose of your room mates. Other than that, nothing to complain about really.