Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

1967 Total Reviews

We liked the location, the design and the gigs they host so it's a place for locals too. Everything also was just ok; service from staff was efficient but not particularly welcoming or friendly, bathroom was not the best design as it was always wet and often not that clean, and the rooms were cute but slightly dodgy in there execution and extremely dusty (i don't have but allergies eithmy nose went crazy both times we stayed there).

Very relaxed atmosphere!

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

The hostel was nice and clean, but it barely had hangers to put our towels and the atmosphere wasn't very lively. There were a lot of older people, which is not that common in hostels.

Nice hostel. Rooms are a bit cramped though so if you like your space go somewhere else! also very few plug outlets per room and no lockers in the room. It's got a nice atmosphere though and is clean.

Great location and great dinner deals daily. It was cool that this hostel is a former prison. Though the room I was in didn't have that feel, rather it was just a few beds that seemed to have been stuffed into an attic. Luckily I had a single bed to myself, some others had to sleep directly next to a stranger. Wifi didn't work in the room either which was an inconvenience.

We had a nice stay and great breakfast (for 3 euro), great atmosphere there!

A good hostel, had everything that you need there just lacks a bit of atmosphere.

Unique hostel in a unique location. Good bar and staff, solid restaurant and food, and interesting events going on. The cell rooms were nice, but the seven bed dorm wasn't. Dorm bathroom wasn't in the best condition, so you're better off using the downstairs shared bathroom.

Loved the hostel and the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. One problem though; we stayed in the attic seven person room (booked for three of us) and when we turned up, we found that one of our allocated beds was trapped the other side of an occupied bed in an alcove, which meant that whoever had that one would have to climb over a complete stranger to get in and out of the bed (quite awkward if you've been drinking!).

• 14th Aug 2015

Staff were lovely and so helpful, there was someone available 24/7. Was further from the centre of town than we thought, was about 15-20min walk, wasn't a massive issue and the walk was quite nice. Our beds were very cramped in the 7 bed room, we were practically in a double bed which was ok cause we were travelling together but would've been awkward for 2 solo travellers. No individual lockers which wasn't ideal, however there was a safety deposit box behind reception. Cool hostel :)

For me as a student it was a bit expensive. Other than that it was awesome! The whole old prison feel is great. Everyday of the week they had something to do at night, burgernight, live music etc. The location is great as well. 5 min walk to the main train station and 5 min walk into the city centre. Definitly recommend this hostel and will come back!!

Located a short walk from the station, this hostel is a great stop for any traveller visiting Ljubljana. The hostel had a really laid back and friendly vibe, the staff were very helpful and welcoming and the communal facilities were excellent. Although small, the 4 bed dorm was air conditioned and had good washroom facilities. My only criticisms would be the lack of power sockets (2 in a room of 4 just isn't enough) and lack of secure lock up for valuables, However I still really enjoyed my stay

Best hostel I ever been to. Very close to the bus and train station. Really nice and cosy hostel.

Simply one of the best hostels I have stayed in. A great location, friendly staff, a live band was on and there was a great social atmosphere. I would certainly want to stay here again if I go back to Ljubljana.

I had a great staying at Celica. Staff is nice, location is perfect and the building is very interesting indeed. I would come back for sure!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Its an old prison, it even has a little section for it's history if you're interested. The novelty of actually living in a prison wears off quickly though, the old bars in the prison rooms are the only things pretty much that remind you of its past, everything is all nicely done up otherwise. The kitchens upstairs are nice, for the number of people, not much atmosphere in the bar downstairs, but there was some in the gardens.

Cool hostel, former prison. Unfortunately our room had no prisonbars like the other ones had and it was more minimalistic then the other cells we saw but it's a cell ;) . A room with two seperate beds up in the air and two small desks. Seperate toilets for men and women, showers were not warm the whole time. It was in this really artistic area of Ljubljana with the party area around the corner which was nice. The center is a 10 minute walk. Overall a little pricey but nice hostel.

The hostel did not live up to expectations. It's main selling point is staying in a former prison, but as you may find out most people will be in a dorm other than a cell block (which is a shame as I need locking up). Room weren't particularly clean and the atmosphere was a bit lack-luster. Room was overpriced relative to other hostels in the area.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is a wonderful hostel with friendly atmo and great facilities

• 29th Jul 2015

Extremely friendly and helpful staff! They even allowed me to print things and make an international call free of charge and the bar staff were very good too. The 12-bed dorm is very cramped and a weird set up with the beds where you pretty much sleep side-by-side with another person if you're unlucky. The weather wasn't too hot when I stayed but the room was quite warm so could see that being a massive issue when it's much warmer. Also I stubbed my toe on the second day but it was my fault.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4