Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

1956 Total Reviews

We had a nice stay and great breakfast (for 3 euro), great atmosphere there!

Unique hostel in a unique location. Good bar and staff, solid restaurant and food, and interesting events going on. The cell rooms were nice, but the seven bed dorm wasn't. Dorm bathroom wasn't in the best condition, so you're better off using the downstairs shared bathroom.

Loved the hostel and the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. One problem though; we stayed in the attic seven person room (booked for three of us) and when we turned up, we found that one of our allocated beds was trapped the other side of an occupied bed in an alcove, which meant that whoever had that one would have to climb over a complete stranger to get in and out of the bed (quite awkward if you've been drinking!).

• 14th Aug 2015

Staff were lovely and so helpful, there was someone available 24/7. Was further from the centre of town than we thought, was about 15-20min walk, wasn't a massive issue and the walk was quite nice. Our beds were very cramped in the 7 bed room, we were practically in a double bed which was ok cause we were travelling together but would've been awkward for 2 solo travellers. No individual lockers which wasn't ideal, however there was a safety deposit box behind reception. Cool hostel :)

Located a short walk from the station, this hostel is a great stop for any traveller visiting Ljubljana. The hostel had a really laid back and friendly vibe, the staff were very helpful and welcoming and the communal facilities were excellent. Although small, the 4 bed dorm was air conditioned and had good washroom facilities. My only criticisms would be the lack of power sockets (2 in a room of 4 just isn't enough) and lack of secure lock up for valuables, However I still really enjoyed my stay

Best hostel I ever been to. Very close to the bus and train station. Really nice and cosy hostel.

Simply one of the best hostels I have stayed in. A great location, friendly staff, a live band was on and there was a great social atmosphere. I would certainly want to stay here again if I go back to Ljubljana.

I had a great staying at Celica. Staff is nice, location is perfect and the building is very interesting indeed. I would come back for sure!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Its an old prison, it even has a little section for it's history if you're interested. The novelty of actually living in a prison wears off quickly though, the old bars in the prison rooms are the only things pretty much that remind you of its past, everything is all nicely done up otherwise. The kitchens upstairs are nice, for the number of people, not much atmosphere in the bar downstairs, but there was some in the gardens.

Cool hostel, former prison. Unfortunately our room had no prisonbars like the other ones had and it was more minimalistic then the other cells we saw but it's a cell ;) . A room with two seperate beds up in the air and two small desks. Seperate toilets for men and women, showers were not warm the whole time. It was in this really artistic area of Ljubljana with the party area around the corner which was nice. The center is a 10 minute walk. Overall a little pricey but nice hostel.

The hostel did not live up to expectations. It's main selling point is staying in a former prison, but as you may find out most people will be in a dorm other than a cell block (which is a shame as I need locking up). Room weren't particularly clean and the atmosphere was a bit lack-luster. Room was overpriced relative to other hostels in the area.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Extremely friendly and helpful staff! They even allowed me to print things and make an international call free of charge and the bar staff were very good too. The 12-bed dorm is very cramped and a weird set up with the beds where you pretty much sleep side-by-side with another person if you're unlucky. The weather wasn't too hot when I stayed but the room was quite warm so could see that being a massive issue when it's much warmer. Also I stubbed my toe on the second day but it was my fault.

We were only there for one night, and sort of stuck to ourselves, but it seems they have a lot of opportunities to be social at this hostel. The beds were not the most comfortable, but the rest of the facilities were great.

I'd prefer a more evident common room because there isn't a place that people go sit if they want to meet other people because there are many places to sit by yourself in the hostel so everyone is scattered instead of in one room.

We had a great time at Celica, the location is great and the rooms are lovely and great value. The bar and café area had a great menu and a buzzy atmosphere and seemed to be somewhere people from outside the hostel came to hang out; the hostel is also on Metelkova which has loads of art galleries and museums around. Thanks!

This hostel has a great concept and is so cool inside! The problem is I forgot there was no AC and we were staying during the heat wave this summer. They gave us a room with two bunk beds which means there was no relief or rest when we returned to our rooms after the day because it was so uncomfortably hot. The bathrooms were dirty as well. It's worth a look inside and we enjoyed the common areas. If it were winter, it might've been different but don't stay during the summer!

Really great atmosphere! Favourite hostel of our trip so far!

• 19th Jul 2015

our train arrived later than planned and it was clear when we arrived that they had given our room away, they had us in the worst room ever, room 201, we basically had 2 mattresses pushed together on a ledge with a wooden beam right above our heads, luckily there were 2 of us - if we had been a strangers things could've been really awkward. The host was limited in his advice on what was around locally and there wasn't much of an atmosphere about the hostel. We also had to make our own beds.

Thanks for the feedback. The room that you stayed in was the same room you have reserved, it's the only 7 bedded dorm we have, so we could not give you different room. The room you had is on the attic floor, so the ceiling is a bit lower. You must have been here on a quiet day, since Celica is quite a social hostel with many events. We hope you visit us again, so we get a second chance to present our true value.

Very glad I only had one night here. Firstly very expensive for what you get and shared rooms are so small you have nowhere to put your belongings. Secondly the beds were so uncomfortable and I had to climb a very unsafe ladder to get to my bed which was a tiny mattress above the bunk beds on a wooden surface. It was unbearably hot and there was no air con, just a pathetic fan blowing warm air around the room. Also, only one shower worked and the bathroom was dirty with no soap ect. Stay away.

We were sorry to hear that you did not like the experience in Celica. It's true, at the time of your stay the weather was extreme. The heat wave has taken its toll. It's too bad you didn't stay another night, so you could experience more of Celica and discover that it is in fact a fun and social hostel with positive vibe. Welcome back anytime.

Had a pleasant two nights at Celica hostel. However, if you are staying in the 12 dorm room it is not decorated/renovated in a prison style as I believe the other smaller rooms are. In addition, the washroom in the dorm always had a wet floor from the use of the guests. This is not really the hostels' fault but they could add some sort of mat or plank so you don't get your feet wet every time you go to use it. Otherwise it was a great experience with a incredibly helpful and friendly staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4