Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Loved it - friendly and helpful staff in a great location. We managed to get some free Slovenian cake on arrival!

Nothing says welcome more than a piece of free cake, right. Thanks for your sweet review ;)

We picked this hostel mainly due to it's location. It costed a little more then the other hostels but we thought it would be worth it. The staff was very nice however we had issues with the quality of our room. Our bathroom smelled terrible and our shower was broken. Hit my head everytime I went to the bathroom because of the odd shape of the building. The laundry room also just reeked I was scared to even wash my clothes. Dryer deserves to be stripped of its as a dryer.

Excellent hostel. Price a little above from others at same quality, but really great. The should work on deals for 3, 4 nights stay.

The stay was okay. The staff was super, no complains. I was promised a free internet access and I got it, but the computer was in the reception and I had to check my banking information while there were other customers just behind me. I felt kinda uncomfortable doing it that way. Also the room's toilet was kind of dirty, but I slept in a same room with at least 10 guys, so I'm sure that explains it. Nothing special, but the hostel was perfect for me for one night stay.

The computers are located in common area and are free to use by all our guests. Unfortunately, that also means that privacy of the computer use is beyond our control. The rooms and toilets get cleaned daily, but it’s possible that 10+ guys in the room really isn’t the best recipe for cleanliness. ;) The truth is, in shared rooms one needs also a bit of good luck with the “roommates”. We wish you best of luck in the future. :) Cheers!

It is a very interesting part of town, very central and conveniently located near the bus and train stations

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Good location if you are travelling by train (five min walk from the station), and right around the corner from Ljubljana's alternative night life scene which is a must see/experience, but not super close to the city centre. The large mixed dorm rooms were very crowded and my bed was stolen several times. Wifi was down for the duration of our stay. My locker was broken as well and when I talked to the staff they said they couldn't give me a different one. Showers kind of sucked.

A very nice hostel, almost like saying in a hotel. I enjoyed the location in a more artistic part of town. A little more expensive to stay in an old jail cell, but a cool experience. The staff were great and even arranged for a car rental the morning I was checking out. I stayed in two other hostels in town and this was definitely my favorite.

👌👌👌👌👌

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Lebanon
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Novel experience in the private cells, but DON'T BOTHER WITH THE DORMS. Dorms: I had the 4-bed dorm and two of the beds were positioned next to an attic slope, so I kept hitting the ceiling. The beds were too short (I'm 5'6) and risk playing footsie with the next guy. Cells: all really unique, worth the experience, although the bathrooms were at one end of the corridor so it can mean a 20m walk. There were lots of strange men hanging around the common areas. Not much fun for solo travelers.

Thanks for your feedback. It's true, the cells are truly artistic&unique, however the multibedded rooms don't have same artistic value. The dorm rooms are situated on the second floor that has attic roof, therefore some beds are close to the attic slope. The dorm policy depends on -first come, first served- basis and guests usually pick the best beds first. We feel with you, bumping your head is a very unpleasant experience. We hope you still had nice time in Celica despite that. Cheers!

A unique and awesome experience rather than just place o stay! This hostel is an attraction in itself.

• 17th Apr 2015

The hostel is very close to the train station. It was cool to sleep in a old jail! I would recommend.

We had a normal room instead of a cell room - it had an ensuite which was a nice touch. The room was immaculate with modern and clean beds/bunks with storage under, which were fantastic. 3rd floor had a really lovely kitchen and common room area! Staff were friendly but not outstanding. Asked to bring bed linen down at checkout, which I wasn't told before and which made it a massive rush to get to our early train - stressful. Live music was playing which was nice, and the bar staff excellent.

Thanks for your nice review. Yes, our guests are asked to bring the linen to the reception at the checkout. We're sorry that this information somehow slipped by. We hope that it didn't cause you too much trouble and you were able to catch the train and continue your trip stress free. :) Wish you all the best!

Very nice hostel in a very alternative, interesting neighbourhood. It has many rooms and beds, so if you're looking for a hostel with a familiar atmosphere, it might not quite be the right thing for you.

Great concept and design, friendly staff, cleanliness.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Austria

This hostel was well worth my money it was located very close to the train station. And, it was a lot safer than what I initially intended it to be. Overall great hostel!

Definitely quite a quirky hostel and I did enjoy my stay. However, not without faults. I stayed in 2 different rooms whilst here - room 210 was a 10 bed dorm and luckily fairly empty as beds veryyyyy close together! Room 208 was a nice little room however, no lock on bathroom door, bathroom pretty dilapidated and bedroom door didn't shut very well. Big commercial hostel, as a lone traveler didn't find easy to meet others. Also as female wouldn't feel safe at night in immediate area.

Really enjoyed the stay! Place is really accessible and very comfortable and totally worth the money!

the 4bed room was small, you barely have space to walk in. i suggest paying more to get a nicer feel of the hostel. the beds are place in a weird way. the ceiling is diagonally facing the bed which is weird when you can turn. and the bed light will literally give u a suntan cos its very near and uncomfortably placed on the diagonal ceiling. and there is not enough electricity outletpoint that said,. the hostel is one of the most unique i been, the room are small but also uniquely designed.

Celica was great experience. One of those "different" places... hostel, museum... and with all facilities needed. Great value for money. Would definitely stay there again.

I have stayed at celica twice now and I hope to go back again someday. This is a great hostel, no problems and the staff are so helpful and friendly. Love the place and its atmasphere