Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

2059 Total Reviews

Definitely a must if in Ljubljana, but don't expect any upgraded facilities or very clean accommodations. The concept behind the hostel and area around it is very cool and a great experience, but some of the basics were disappointing. Dirty and tiny kitchen with bare minimum cooking abilities, shared bathrooms weren't very clean and far too few showers/stalls, and the beds and linens didn't feel very clean either. Staff were very friendly though, and it was a great backpacking atmosphere.

Happy to hear about the atmosphere and the character, but disappointed to read about not fullfilling the basic cleanliness requirements. Thanks for your sincere comments, we will take immediate action, as always, in improving the negative points you shared. Hope to see you again at Celica!

Great place - I stayed at Celcia the forth time there. The location is near the train station (6 minutes walk) and a 5-10 minutes stroll to the center. The rooms are a little bit small but the public spaces, the meditation room etc are great supplements. Stay there! Johannes

It's just great when people come as guests and leave as friends. See you next time to celebrate your 5th anniversary, right?

I stayed three nights here and this hostel felt like a giant bed factory. It is really impersonal and upon arrival the staff did not even ask if I wanted a rundown of the city layout or anything like that. That being said, I prefer smaller hostels in general and didn't know how big this one was going to be. The location is cool, though, and once I changed from the 12 person dorm to a 4 person dorm I had a much better stay. Everything was clean enough, but the showers were kind of gnarly.

You are right, Hostel Celica has 92 beds and it's really not a small hostel, however we try to make it as friendly and personal as possible. Next time you visit, we recommend you stay in a two bedded room/cell and get different, more private experience of the hostel. We're sorry you felt our staff was not helpful enough upon arrival. We hope you asked our staff later on and got all the information. Wish you all the best!

Great people, friendly and smart area with an edge!

• 23rd Sep 2015

Friendly and helpful staff, lots to see and do. The hostel is in a great location. The sheets on the beds weren't fitted well and we got bitten by mosquitoes but this is my only complaint. I would definitely.recommend and stay again.

I had a nice time staying at the hostel. I ordered a 12 bedded dorm but ended up in a 7 bedded one. This was quite small in size, the beds were pretty close to each other plus the room was located right beneath the ceiling so at some places you couldn't stand up straight. Other than that, can't have any real complaints on my experience here. Maybe the bar should be open a bit longer?

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Location of hostel is pretty good, placed in a really interesting place. Only problem is the atmosphere is none existent such a big place but not many young people. Beds are so small and so close together, had issues with our bathroom as well.

The hostel is located just 5 minutes away from every major attraction-railway station, bus terminal, major tourist attractions. The hostel has lot of historic significance and is a monument in itself

Thank you for your feedback. We are a bit confused, though. You wrote nice things, but gave us pretty bad rating. Despite that we hope you had lovely stay in Hostel Celica. Welcome back anytime.

Location is good, very close to the train/bus station and it is also in heart of the Grafitti/Street art area. Breakfast is good but you need to pay for it. Staff were very helpful. I recommend.

Maybe just the room I was given, twin room, 2 beds up at height. Nothing short of dangerous making and getting into the beds. No curtain on the window so woken up at the crack of dawn. 10 - 15 min walk from the centre. Nice staff and good collection of beers in the bar. Personally wouldnt stay again.

Was expecting a lot from Celica Art Hostel but was a bit disappointed with the facilities. I stayed in a dorm room my first night and the set up was a bit strange having two mattresses directly next to each other. And the bathroom in the dorm was filthy. But the location, staff, and atmosphere were all really good.

Of course it's a very unique place to stay at but I feel like there aren't enough staff so there's always a line to wait at the reception.

Was in a 12 bed dorm, in the attic, was literally cramped into a tiny spot with too many people. Was literally a mattress on the floor cause the ceiling wasn't high enough to have a bed frame. The staff told us nothing about the city, no info at all. Was only okay to stay a night cause we arrived late by train. Then moved onto a better hostel for cheaper in town.

Pricey, but an all around good hostel. Best part is the converted prison and location in Metelkova an artist community.

Organised and clean, this hostel is in an awesome cultural area of Ljubljana, surrounded by awesome street art and cool alternative bars. The facilities are good and well maintained. Staff are informative and always prepared to help. Would recommend.

Location ok, in the middle between center and trainstation. Unfortunately we got the room under the roof, we couldn't stand upright in most of the room and they really squeezed in as many beds the dorm could take. Shower was hot but would profit a lot from renovation. Kitchen not very well equipped. Big plus: lot of very nice common rooms to hang out with others. The atmosphere was perfect and we had a great time there anyway.

Some of the beds are way too close to each other, especially if your sleeping next to someone you don't know. So I ended up moving into a 4 bed room, which was much better for me. Thanks to the woman at reception for sorting that out for me! The hostel is clean and has a bar and serves food too, which is useful. It's a bit of a walk from the centre but it's easy to find!

Lovely hostel. Easy walk into town and metalcova area is really neat. A bit more kitchen space would be awesome as would some more power points but otherwise a great spot.

The location is great, in Metelkova Mesto. You can't miss this when in Ljubljana. It's a ten minute walk to the old city centre. There is a lot going on in the hostel, which is nice.

We had really high hopes for Celica, however it seems that since winning the Lonely Plant award things have not been kept to the same standards. It was an ok level of cleanliness but the bathroom floor was always soaking wet which wasn't great. Our cell room was disappointing - i.e. not arty and broken things and there are no curtains on the windows to keep the light out. Mostly though the atmosphere and staff were cold and uninformative about the local area which was the most disappointing.

• 7th Sep 2015