Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

It was a great stay in a wonderfully redesigned hostel! The breakfast was cheap and the viewing area for the World Cup matches was great. There was noise right outside our window until late and the room was quite warm without the window open but this wasn't a major problem.

I wasn't overly impressed by this facility. The bar staff was incredibly kind and attentive but I was disappointed in the front desk staff especially after they gave me a dinner recommendation to a place that was incredibly overly priced and the food pretty poor quality. The first floor of dorms was overrun with flies, it was disgusting. WiFi is poor anywhere other than the main floor. Ensuite shower was awful and flooded bathroom.

Amazing location! Metelkova is by far one of the best areas I've visited, the only issue is Celica is a bit expensive...

Stay here. Don't stay anywhere else. This hostel is located in a Multi-culture/alternitive life style compound called Metelkova. It's a great place to hangout and meet people and if you're in Ljubljana the you need to stay here. Locks on doors. Ample wifi. Delicious café. Amazing atmosphere. Close to the train station. Stay here. Otherwise skip Ljubljana.

It seems you really got the best out of your Celica experience and we're really happy you felt so great during your stay here. You pretty much said it all - thanks for your feedback, it feels wonderful to hear this. Wish you all the best and don't be a stranger next time you're back in Ljubljana!

Worth staying here just to experience the cell rooms. Great concept and beautifully designed.

Thanks! The cells are really something, aren't they? Thanks for sharing. Wish you safe travels!

Loved our stay here. Really awesome artsy part of town and a cool hostel. Really well done. Good breakfast and loved the live music at night!

This was a really neat place in an artsy part of town. It's a bit of a walk to the city center, but worth it for the value and atmosphere. Our visit was in June and our room was really hot but they offered us a fan to cool things down a bit. The staff was very helpful with info on the city and bars/restaurants.

Cool place to stay, nice people. not downtown, but just 10 minutes walk. but that was no problem. Close to the train station and next to museums and Metelkova Ulice Unique building (was a former prison) - I would love to stay again in a prison ;-) Can highly recommend it.

This was a good, modern, efficient hostel. It was super clean, and the location was good. Whilst I never felt that my possessions were unsafe there were no personal lockers in the dorm rooms. Also, some of the beds in the dorm rooms are uncomfortably close together, so it almost feels like you are sleeping on a double bed. There is a nice bar and one can also get a good breakfast for an additional fee.

Great area of town, short walk into centre. Staff were lovely and helpful. Only problem was no lockers in room and very little space for luggage but there is a luggage room and the reception will hold stuff for you. Yummy breakfast available.

Very cool area, alternative bars literally behind the hostel so if you like to party it can be really fun. Ljubljana is small enough that the 10 minute walk to the city center makes the location great. Staff are amazing so enjoy your stay!

In the name of the whole Celica staff - Thanks! We really appreciate you sharing this. Wish you all the best!

It was just ok. Very overrated and quite expensive compared to others in the area. It is cool if you like the hippy and grungy feel but nothing to note. The big dorm was quite tight and isn't worth that much money. Not a bad place, just wouldn't give it much praise.

Good place to stay, but a bit overrated. Second floor rooms were in an attic and we're hot and cramped

A fun and novel hostel to stay in. Conveniently located for train station and city centre. Friendly and helpful staff and great common areas. Stayed in a twin room - beds are a bit awkward (ladder access) but room was clean and comfortable.

The rooms / cells are unique and unusual. We sometimes warn guests to get good physical preparation before in order to feel OK climbing up and don the ladder, but it's so much fun, don't you agree? Have fun and wish you all the best.

The breakfast should be included.

The hostel is good in general. I confess that I was expecting more since it's differential was being an ancient prison, but there wasn't anything that special about it. Otherwise, my stay there was really confortable and pleasant.

An amazing hostel with great staff and full of character. I had an awesome time in Ljubljana and sure to come back to celica next year :)

Bathroom terribly ventilated, despite of that everything was awesome!!

Converted from the jail of the former communist army and situated in the graffiti-covered art ghetto/student party zone compound, this hostel is one of the coolest and most well-designed I've stayed in. The staff were helpful as well, and there were lots of concerts/happenings while I was there. Which brings me to the downside--at least if you're looking for peace and quiet. This place is loud. Also, the rooms are short on storage space. 2 in my room had NOWHERE to put their stuff.

Thanks for your feedback. We try to do our best to bring a unique stay, not only with a variety of original cells and rooms, but also with a great social activity calendar. And that's where it can get a bit louder on some nights - earplugs available at reception - just in case for light sleepers. Regarding the space comment, the guests can always store their things in the luggage room if there's not enough space in the room. We'll make sure to inform them better next time. Cheers!

Another example of fashion over function. The place looks great on the surface but fails on so many levels for road-weary travellers. Main complaints: there were no lockers in my five-bed mixed dorm so I had to leave my valuables at reception every time I left, the room was completely lit up anytime the hallway lights went on from the motion sensor, the common space was big and empty so the place felt cold, and they were blasting an all Alanis Morrisette playlist. Good location near stations.