Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

I loved the architecture and design. The check-in and check-out was quite uncomplicated and the staff really nice. Definitely will go there again. :)

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Don't expect to rest much there. But if you want to have fun allnite, you are on the right way!

There's a good atmosphere and the bar definitely contributes to the social aspect of Celica Hostel. As a solo traveler, I found it easy to meet people here and I really enjoyed being able to grab a beer and snack at the bar while playing cards or just hanging out. The facilities itself were fine, but some of the rooms are on the smaller side and there are no personal lockers to store your things.

This hostel is ideal for two travellers: those who need a bed for the night close to the station that will allow late check in (me) and those who like masses of people to socialise with. This hostel has great spaces to chill out and hang our in, but the sheer number of guests made it noisy like a pub. To fit that many people in, the rooms are cramped. There wasn't room to open my luggage and I had to sleep with my stuff on my bed. Then there was the night club just down the road...

Sorry to hear that you were missing some peace and quiet. It's true, our hostel is a place where people socialize and hang out and when we’re full with guests, the noise in the restaurant and bar rises accordingly. As for the bar down the road goes, we do our best to keep the noise down in the hostel but the outside area is unfortunately beyond our control. We hope that overall you enjoyed your stay in Ljubljana. All the best!

Good location and very nice staff, also the activities provided by the hostel are great (e.g. bbq and parties). The only "not so good point" was the bathroom, it wasn't big enough and the water went from the shower to the floor easy. I would stay there again for sure.

The best hostel I ever stayed. I could totally relax and have fun even in the biggest dorm room. A little more expensive than other hostels but totally worth it.

Everything was fantastic except for the kitchen on the top floor was a little lacking

The 4-bed dorm was very small and I could hear people in the bar very clearly til around 12/1. The room also smelt pretty bad, I think there may have been an issue with the plumbing. The bar and facilities are really good, though a bit of a walk to the centre.

The room I had booked was being renovated so I got put in a nicer room for no extra cost shich was nice, except that the individual lighr above my bed wasn't installed and there were only 2 outlets in the entire room which was frustrating. Also, no wifi except on the ground floor. It's a cool hostel with a hip, artsy vibe, and the back story is really interesting, but should I go back to Ljubljana, Celica would not be my first choice.

This hostel was severly overpriced in my opinion. The location wasn't very good, the only plus being it was close to the station. No wifi in the rooms, the 7-bed dorm had the weirdest lay-out I've ever seen; slanted roof so no bunkbeds, room was only as wide as the beds which lead to there being two 'double beds' so there was a possibility you'd sleep 2 inches from someone you don't know and they'd have to climb over you to get into their bed... No lockers. Would not recommend this hostel.

The lockers were broken during my stay but they were closing the room to be repaired as I was leaving. Maybe was just there on a dead week but felt like there was nobody actually staying there but me, everyone was just passin through

You're right, the room is closed for construction works as we speak. We're sorry you got that deserted feeling, maybe it was just one of those strange days. Make sure you visit us again and get a nice Celica experience that every guests should have. Cheers!

A place with bags of character, originality & quirkiness.

Stayed here on 2 different occasions Do not expect a good night sleep here. The nearby nightlife can be heard until the early hours of the morning. The air con in my room also made constant noise so had to turn it off which resulted in the room being too hot. The receptionist double booked my bed so at 2am some random person came in, woke me up and demanded I get out of his bed. That was pleasant. Oh and a nasty looking spider crawled along my bed as soon as I threw my sheets down. Nice!!

The noise around here can be an issue, we totally agree on that. The hostel is surrounded by the bohemiam zone full of events & clubs. Esepcially in summer it can be tricky with windows open and lots of outdoor events. However, we do our best to cntrol the noise inside the building, we can do little about the outside area, unfortunately. Sincere apologies for the booking mix up, there's no excuse for being woken up in the middle of the night this way. We'll look into the matter. All the best,

Nice Hostel - especially because of the location next to Meltekova - the best place for going out in Ljubljana. The hostel is modern and basically clean. There are community places all over the hostel, even an own bar. I found my room for 4 persons a bit too small, but maybe that's just this room. It was a bit sad to have no reading lights ( just by the way ;)). Otherwise great city and very solid place to stay! Very, very friendly staff!

Loved this hostel! Not as close to the town centre as others, but the rooms and place itself well and truly made up for it (and it's still walking distance to everything you need). The hostel was really clean and modern. It was packed the entire time but there were enough toilets and showers on each floor. Only complaint was the four bedroom rooms have a small toilet/shower in one so the water went everywhere. Between floors it was soundproofed and the bar offered food all day. Loved it!

There was no wi-fi in the whole hostel ; you have to be at the bar (ground flor). The concept of the room was cool but it's a bit of lottery and we were disapointed with ours :(

Let us explain the whole WiFi concept again in order not to get the wrong idea. The hostel building is old, dating back in 1882, the walls are thick, so the WiFi is best on the ground floor. We sure do not want to deprive guests intentionally of all the internet joys, but it's just hard for the WiFi to get through the whole building. For what is worth, we're sorry you felt let down by the design of your cell. Make sure you stop by again and you'll get to choose your cell – it's a promise!

It is a good hostel: close to the train/bus station, so that is a big plus. Just ten minutes walking to the city center. Staff are cool and helpful. Really clean bathrooms. Good bar, breakfast is ok. My only complain was that the window of my room (a 4 bed) did not have curtains, so in the morning light would always wake me up. Also, as the kitchen is in the second floor, same as the room, when other guests stay up late it can be really noisy. But, anyways, it is a good place to stay!

Awesome stay in this great hostel and city.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Really cool hostel. Good laid back atmosphere. Found it very easy to meet people and have a few drinks in the bar/garden area. Cheap beer as well! Only downside was the tiny fridge in the kitchen area. It's not big enough to cater for the whole hostel and the facilities in the kitchen aren't great. Other then that I enjoyed my stay here

Nice cheap beer and a fridge too small – a strange combination. It may happen sometimes that on certain days everyone plays master chef and is willing to cook with lots of food stored in the fridge, because on some others it's the fridge that looks too big and abandoned all by itself in that corner. Wish you all the best!

Nice hostel in great artistic surroundings, very clean and good facilities. Shisha loungue room is very nice to chill, wasn't too busy or social when I was there but still met some nice people. Only complaint is the lockers didn't actually lock but everything else was fine