Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

The lockers were broken during my stay but they were closing the room to be repaired as I was leaving. Maybe was just there on a dead week but felt like there was nobody actually staying there but me, everyone was just passin through

You're right, the room is closed for construction works as we speak. We're sorry you got that deserted feeling, maybe it was just one of those strange days. Make sure you visit us again and get a nice Celica experience that every guests should have. Cheers!

A place with bags of character, originality & quirkiness.

Stayed here on 2 different occasions Do not expect a good night sleep here. The nearby nightlife can be heard until the early hours of the morning. The air con in my room also made constant noise so had to turn it off which resulted in the room being too hot. The receptionist double booked my bed so at 2am some random person came in, woke me up and demanded I get out of his bed. That was pleasant. Oh and a nasty looking spider crawled along my bed as soon as I threw my sheets down. Nice!!

The noise around here can be an issue, we totally agree on that. The hostel is surrounded by the bohemiam zone full of events & clubs. Esepcially in summer it can be tricky with windows open and lots of outdoor events. However, we do our best to cntrol the noise inside the building, we can do little about the outside area, unfortunately. Sincere apologies for the booking mix up, there's no excuse for being woken up in the middle of the night this way. We'll look into the matter. All the best,

Nice Hostel - especially because of the location next to Meltekova - the best place for going out in Ljubljana. The hostel is modern and basically clean. There are community places all over the hostel, even an own bar. I found my room for 4 persons a bit too small, but maybe that's just this room. It was a bit sad to have no reading lights ( just by the way ;)). Otherwise great city and very solid place to stay! Very, very friendly staff!

Loved this hostel! Not as close to the town centre as others, but the rooms and place itself well and truly made up for it (and it's still walking distance to everything you need). The hostel was really clean and modern. It was packed the entire time but there were enough toilets and showers on each floor. Only complaint was the four bedroom rooms have a small toilet/shower in one so the water went everywhere. Between floors it was soundproofed and the bar offered food all day. Loved it!

There was no wi-fi in the whole hostel ; you have to be at the bar (ground flor). The concept of the room was cool but it's a bit of lottery and we were disapointed with ours :(

Let us explain the whole WiFi concept again in order not to get the wrong idea. The hostel building is old, dating back in 1882, the walls are thick, so the WiFi is best on the ground floor. We sure do not want to deprive guests intentionally of all the internet joys, but it's just hard for the WiFi to get through the whole building. For what is worth, we're sorry you felt let down by the design of your cell. Make sure you stop by again and you'll get to choose your cell – it's a promise!

It is a good hostel: close to the train/bus station, so that is a big plus. Just ten minutes walking to the city center. Staff are cool and helpful. Really clean bathrooms. Good bar, breakfast is ok. My only complain was that the window of my room (a 4 bed) did not have curtains, so in the morning light would always wake me up. Also, as the kitchen is in the second floor, same as the room, when other guests stay up late it can be really noisy. But, anyways, it is a good place to stay!

Awesome stay in this great hostel and city.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Really cool hostel. Good laid back atmosphere. Found it very easy to meet people and have a few drinks in the bar/garden area. Cheap beer as well! Only downside was the tiny fridge in the kitchen area. It's not big enough to cater for the whole hostel and the facilities in the kitchen aren't great. Other then that I enjoyed my stay here

Nice cheap beer and a fridge too small – a strange combination. It may happen sometimes that on certain days everyone plays master chef and is willing to cook with lots of food stored in the fridge, because on some others it's the fridge that looks too big and abandoned all by itself in that corner. Wish you all the best!

Nice hostel in great artistic surroundings, very clean and good facilities. Shisha loungue room is very nice to chill, wasn't too busy or social when I was there but still met some nice people. Only complaint is the lockers didn't actually lock but everything else was fine

This hostel was clean but expensive and not worth the money, the 12bed dorm only has room for 10 beds so the last two have been crammed in under low ceiling poles and pressed up against another bed. It was essentially sharing a double bed with a stranger in a mixed dorm. The hostel itself is a cool idea but a bit of a walk from town and didn't have any atmosphere when we were there. I wouldn't stay there again.

Sorry you felt let down by your experience at Celica. It's sure not fun reading this, but appreciate your honest thoughts. The bed policy in dorms depends mostly on »first come, first served« basis and guests choose their own beds at arrival. The late comers have to pick what's left, unfortunately. Apologies for the lack of atmosphere, too. However, there is plenty going on here most of the time. It must have been a strange twilight zone apparently. Wish you all the best,

The city was horrendous but what an experience. The hostel is very unique and if you re traveling to see and experience new things then this place is a must. I will probably never forget this hostel.

Ouch, the beginning of the review sounds really scarry, but it fortunately gets better. Thank god! Glad you appreciated the hostel and let's hope you never forget it for the good time you had here. Always welcome to visit us again. Wish you safe travels!

A very big hostel, with lots of activities and full of interesting things. It was an old jail, and rooms in the 1st floor are amazing. The staff is very nice, always ready to help you. There is a bar on the groundfloor, very useful to meet people. It's near the bus and train station and 10 minutes away from the center. It is one of the best hostels I've ever been.

Good hostel in a good location. We stayed during the week which meant not many of the bars and stuff in the complex around it were open which was a shame. Also bera in mind if you are in one of the big dorm rooms there isnt the same old features of the prison.

When the first thing the staff say to you upon arrival is "sorry about the noise"... For such a new hostel, there is a lack of cleanliness that needs to be addressed. Finding a half eaten pizza down the side of my bed wasn't great. The floors were unnecessarily dusty, and the lockers had not been cleaned in at least months. The shower fitting was broken and the main light wouldn't work.

We're a bit puzzled by this review, are you sure you stayed at Celica? 'Couse the hostel could not be described as new, considering that it has been opened for the past 11 years. And another thing that made us doubt is, that there are no lockers in rooms apart from the safe box at reception. It may happen that guests mix up their stays at hostels, especially the ones travelling a lot and for longer periods. All the best,

Very friendly staff, cheap breakfast with lots to eat. Wifi isn't that great, you just have to stay downstairs. Wonderful location.

Handy as near the bus station but overpriced for what you get. Not much atmosphere in the place

The 12 beds dorm had only one toilette available for everyone, which was usually not clean. The common areas are nice and they also offer good food deals.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Sincere apologies, we're working on fixing the 2nd bathroom in the 12-bedded dorm, but unfortunately, it's taking a bit longer than we hoped. We're confident that the matter will be resolved shortly and things back to normal soon. Glad you enjoyed the common areas and hope to see you again. All the best!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. They have nice places to chill out and also meet new people with a great staff.

• 1st Aug 2014

Not clean. Not childfriendly (lots of parties outside). Very small rooms and warm (no ventilation possible).

Sorry to hear that, honestly. But the location of the hostel does say »in the alternative & artistic zone of Ljubljana«. There are many summer events organised in the area and it's quite difficult to control the noise at all times. We do have house rules, though, that are applied inside the hostel. However, we do not advertise the hostel to be small children friendly, but rather a party hostel because misleading guests would be unfair. We'll do better at cleaning, promise, thx for the comment.